[#1]

Link Posted: 5/24/2022 3:40:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Cops being cops.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 3:40:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 3:41:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Lots of cops don't like when subjects citizens exercise their rights.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 3:41:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Protected and served.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 3:41:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Protected and served!
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 3:49:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Neighbor reported suspicious black man who turned out to be her neighbor.

Black man, likely with victim mentality, refuses to cooperate with simplest of requests and do normal person stuff.

Police responding to report of suspicious activity and making simple request for ID are the obvious bad guys.

BLM forever!
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 3:51:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Mighty fine police work there
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 3:57:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Black man, likely with victim mentality, refuses to cooperate with simplest of requests and do normal person stuff.

Police responding to report of suspicious activity and making simple request for ID are the obvious bad guys.

BLM forever!
View Quote

Yup. A 6 minute walk across the street and a talk with the wife could have proven his identity as well as offered a call to the out of town home owner. Instead typical little dick syndrome kicked in and they cuffed the dude.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 3:58:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

BLM forever!
View Quote

I read the OP without knowing the pastors race and it didn't change my mind. Police were wrong and quite honestly their kind of mentality about being able to see anyone's ID anytime they want needs to fucking stop.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:00:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I read the OP without knowing the pastors race and it didn't change my mind. Police were wrong and quite honestly their kind of mentality about being able to see anyone's ID anytime they want needs to fucking stop.
View Quote

When they're on someone else's (private) property?
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:00:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

BLM forever!
View Quote

I don't give a shit that he is black.  You can replace the work black with red-headed white man and the rest applies to me just as well.

Fuch those specific cops.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:01:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BLM forever!

100% this.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:01:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Protected and served.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:02:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which he had permission from the property owner to be there.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:04:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was allowed to be on that property. So I'm not sure where you’re going with this.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:04:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

BLM forever!
View Quote

Guys watering plants are almost always casing the house ready to break in and steal everything.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:05:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:06:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Papers please
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:07:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

So if you ever go onto someone else's property, friends, family members, a neighbor, etc, the police can just roll up and take ur ID?

It would be different if the homeowner had called, but a random joe who has no inkling of their neighbors dealings can make a call and have someone's privacy invaded is absurd.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:09:06 PM EDT
[#21]
You 'vill do az you are tolt...

Obstructing? May as well have been mopery.

Fire the cops. Let them guard a mall somewhere...
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:10:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
No, I don’t have to give no ID because there ain’t no crime been committed
View Quote

Must be a furiner.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:11:08 PM EDT
[#23]
If he wasn't immediately offering blowjobs to those heroes, he deserves every bit of it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:11:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Was the property owner the one complaining about their presence?

Have you never been given permission to be on someone else's property before?
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:12:27 PM EDT
[#25]
"Obviously, you don't know who the man is in this situation"

Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:12:30 PM EDT
[#26]
FWIW, the real culprit here is the Karen who called the cops.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:16:33 PM EDT
[#27]
In Alabama, must you present photo ID in order to identify yourself?  

Full name, address, etc., insufficient?

Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:17:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

BLM forever!
View Quote

Well, user name fits.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:17:29 PM EDT
[#29]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No, I don't have to give no ID because there ain't no crime been committed

Must be a furiner.
I wonder if it was covered by BBC Pidgin
https://www.bbc.com/pidgin

Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:18:16 PM EDT
[#30]
I’m glad I back the blue. I’ll add another sticker to my car today.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:19:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Contempt of cop strikes again.

Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:19:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hold up.  The police didn’t know whose property it was.   All they had was a call and a pastor stating who he was.  

With all the scrutiny (rightfully so) these days, all the cell phones recording, what was the harm in checking out the man’s story?
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:21:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Cops being cops.
View Quote

Blue Squad assemble! This is gonna be good.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:22:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

BLM forever!
View Quote

Do the boots taste like donuts?
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:22:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

BLM forever!
View Quote

Fuck that.  I walk over to my neighbors I wouldn’t have ID on me as my wallet is in the house.  I am standing there watering plants and cops roll up demanding an ID they would have got the same response.  “No ID.  I live next door.”   Neighbor verifies it and a cop pulls a tantrum and locks the guy up.  Cop in this case is wrong and it’s has nothing to do with race unless it was bias on the cops side.  

‘Super suspicious” white guy watering plants gets the same treatment?  

I am normally very suspect on this type of case but this one to me is just wrong on the police side.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:23:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Let’s see, in the winter I snowblow the Methodist Church’s sidewalks, and in the summer, I’ll’ even make a pass on the zero turn on the local .gov buildings grass lawn, if it’s getting too long.

If the State Police showed up, I’ll talk to them, even with a beer in my hand and a pistol in my pocket. Sounds like it’s a case when assholes collide.

I’m Catholic, and I’m from Detroit. And I live in Pennsylvania….guess things just make sense when people aren’t clowns.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:23:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Contempt of cop strikes again.

View Quote

Bruising an ego counts as assault, right?
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:24:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BLM forever!

It wasn’t some random pedestrian they wanted to ID. They were responding to a neighbor’s report of suspicious activity.

I hope there is body cam footage of this that gets released.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:24:43 PM EDT
[#39]
"You will show ID"  - doesn't matter if we suspect you of a crime, or just want to pull you over for "reasons".

Michigan Cop Shatters Car Window After Driver Refuses To Give ID

Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:26:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Respect my authority or go to jail
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:26:30 PM EDT
[#41]
is verbal ID not enough in AL for someone not driving?
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:26:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

100% this.
View Quote

I told BSO to go pound said when they asked for my ID after I went for a run and was 'suspiciously' sitting on a curb.

I am white though.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:27:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Hold up.  The police didn’t know whose property it was.   All they had was a call and a pastor stating who he was.  

With all the scrutiny (rightfully so) these days, all the cell phones recording, what was the harm in checking out the man’s story?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How could they check out his story when he was walking away and basically telling them to go fuck themselves?
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:28:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It wasn’t some random pedestrian they wanted to ID. They were responding to a neighbor’s report of suspicious activity.

View Quote

So how do you justify arresting him after this exchange?

The original neighbor who called police told officers that she made a mistake and begged them not to arrest Jennings once she realized it was her friend and neighbor.

Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:29:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BLM forever!

That could have been an assault sprayer attached to the garden hose. Might have been trying to do the full nozzle instead of misting and murder the plants.  Probably no serial number, so an 80% ghost sprayer?
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:29:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

100% this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BLM forever!

100% this.

I'm sure our Austin pd rep will be along shortly to straighten you out, this was nothing but top notch police work.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:29:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
CHILDERSBURG, Ala. (WIAT)  A Childersburg pastor was arrested after watering his neighbors flowers over the weekend and he believes it was a misunderstanding that should have been handled much differently.

Michael Jennings is the preacher at Vision of Abundant Life Ministries in Sylacauga and has been in ministry for more than 30 years.

He's also a good neighbor in the town of Childersburg.

"My neighbor goes out of town a lot and they wanted me to watch their house and keep their flowers watered," said Jennings.

Sunday after church services, Jennings went over to his neighbor's house to water the roses. Another neighbor did not recognize who he was and called police to report a suspicious person on the property.

Officers responded and made contact with Jennings, who did not have his identification on his person. Jennings said he did tell the officers who he was and why he was there.

"He said, 'Give me some ID', I said 'No, I don't have to give no ID because there ain't no crime been committed, I said but what I will do is I'll tell you I am Pastor Jennings and I live right across the street right there and I said you can go ask my wife," said Jennings.

"I think it was profiling and because I did not talk to them the way they wanted me to talk to them, it made them angry and they decided we are going to arrest him," said Jennings.

The original neighbor who called police told officers that she made a mistake and begged them not to arrest Jennings once she realized it was her friend and neighbor. The woman's account is detailed in the incident report, but Jennings was still charged with obstructing governmental operations.

https://www.cbs42.com/news/local/childersburg-pastor-arrested-after-watering-neighbors-plants/

holy shit. Stepped on your dicks there boys.
View Quote
TLDR
Summary: Man not breaking any laws gets arrested for disrespecting low IQ cops authority

Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:30:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Guys watering plants are almost always casing the house ready to break in and steal everything.
View Quote

Must be those Wet Bandits I've heard so much about.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:31:09 PM EDT
[#49]
3 warnings, 1 timeout
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:31:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

The same neighbor who told the cops on scene that she was mistaken, and the guy wasn't actually suspicious?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top