Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 5/22/2022 8:29:27 AM EDT
Anybody have an idea how much each American is going to pony up for Ukraine?

I’m all for seeing dead Russians, but we got our own invasion going on right now that we need to deal with.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 8:30:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Any amount is unacceptable

Eta if people wanna piss away their own private funds have at it. Don't waste my tax money on irrelevant to american shit.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 8:32:27 AM EDT
[#2]
40B divided by 350M is ~ $115

Now not ever citizen is a tax payer, and I’m sure that $40B is financed
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 8:33:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

40 billion aid package divided by current population.

ETA: beat
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 8:34:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Given the impact on depleting the military of an enemy, money well spent.

Erasing Russia's military for pennies on the dollar. Probably the best use of federal funds since the Alaskan Purchase.

My only complaint is that it is additional spending. Find some pork to cut to offset. There's probably a few billion allocated somewhere for gender studies of reindeer or some other bullshit we can cut.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 8:35:56 AM EDT
[#5]
In before the posters that say it's worth every penny.

Edit: got beat.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 8:36:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Erasing Russia's military for pennies on the dollar. Probably the best use of federal funds since the Alaskan Purchase.
View Quote

Right here.

What is the cost of not sending money there and letting Russia expand?
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 8:37:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

My only complaint is that it is additional spending. Find some pork to cut to offset. There's probably a few billion allocated somewhere for gender studies of reindeer or some other bullshit we can cut.
View Quote

Perfect response with a username like this.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 8:38:46 AM EDT
[#8]
$40B divided by 144 million actual taxpayers is $278 apiece
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 8:38:58 AM EDT
[#9]
40 Billion to the Ukraine and they report that Social Security will be insolvent in a few years.

I hope that there is a day of reckoning for the swamp Bastards.

Look how many Republicans voted for that bill. Have you checked how your Congress Critter voted?

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 8:39:19 AM EDT
[#10]
How much will it cost to replace the equipment we are sending over?
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 8:39:24 AM EDT
[#11]
FPNI
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 8:40:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

this right here.

plus the intel on russian equipment and tactics, evaluation weapons in the field, can't buy that shit.

I would like to see serious over sight on the spending but I would like to see that on all spending.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 8:41:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Be certain and include 10% for Ukraine's big guy - Zelensky.  

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 8:41:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Now not ever citizen is a tax payer, and I'm sure that $40B is financed
View Quote
Now factor in how much more everyone has spent on the increased prices of everyday items that have been directly increased due to Ukrainian support or anti-Russian sanctions.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 8:48:18 AM EDT
[#15]
There is only about 130 million taxpayers. If we just use the latest payment of 40 billion thats $307 per tax payer. But we’re in a lot deeper since 2014 when Ukrainians started killing Ukrainians, so its probably closer to a $1000 per tax taxpayer.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 8:52:51 AM EDT
[#16]
$4,000,000,000 is going into the pockets of the BigGuy on Down.

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 8:53:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Now factor in how much more everyone has spent on the increased prices of everyday items that have been directly increased due to Ukrainian support or anti-Russian sanctions.
View Quote

I'm thinking except for wheat, this is a lot less than you think. Oil and gas were going up before this started, and for all their bravado, Europe is still buying Russian fuel. Russia's capacity largely is still contributing to global supply

The left just wants to blame JoeFlation on Russia to try and save their pathetic asses in Nov
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 8:55:39 AM EDT
[#18]
If we've no arms with which to defend our nation, our liberty.

All those arms that are being shipped means we place new orders to replace them.  While we aren't stockpiled, we've only limited munitions with which to defend themselves.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 8:56:47 AM EDT
[#19]
If it's two cents it's too much. I don't see any benefit to this nation either way between Russia or Ukraine prevailing.... Sorry
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 8:58:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Anybody have an idea how much each American is going to pony up for Ukraine?

I’m all for seeing dead Russians, but we got our own invasion going on right now that we need to deal with.
View Quote

none I don't pay taxes, and all the plebs pay my salary with their taxes.   but can we stop with ukraine this,  ukraine that, just quit posting about it who cares.  go on with your lives, mow your grass fuck your wife beat your kids.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:00:05 AM EDT
[#21]
GALACTIC HEMMORAGICIC levels of RETARD.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armed_Forces_of_Ukraine#Budget

Corruption, which was practically institutionalized in Ukraine, combined with small budgets left the military in such a depleted condition that their ability to confront the crisis in Crimea and the Donbas was minimal. All Ukrainian defence sector is heavily affected by the systemic corruption which is hindering its capacity to perform the tasks of national security. In addition, it is also undermines popular trust in the military as an institution. Despite great effort to resolve the issue there are signs that enough is not being done.[127]
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:00:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:02:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Letting Russia take Ukraine wil mean much higher Western defence spending for many years to come.
View Quote

Sounds terrible for Europe. Not our problem.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:06:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Corruption, which was practically institutionalized in Ukraine, combined with small budgets left the military in such a depleted condition that their ability to confront the crisis in Crimea and the Donbas was minimal. All Ukrainian defence sector is heavily affected by the systemic corruption which is hindering its capacity to perform the tasks of national security. In addition, it is also undermines popular trust in the military as an institution. Despite great effort to resolve the issue there are signs that enough is not being done.[127]
View Quote

Yes, that sure is an interesting tidbit that is possibly planted by Russians.

Why I don't believe that:

Ukraine's military has proven to be quite capable and appears to be decently well trained.

They successfully developed a modern anti-ship missile (Neptune) themselves.

They have many Bayraktar drones because of a partnership with Turkey on their production.

These observations to not align with the idea that Ukraine had a small military budget that was mostly being drained by corruption
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:07:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Rand Paul said $500.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:09:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Eta if people wanna piss away their own private funds have at it. Don't waste my tax money on irrelevant to american shit.
View Quote

Your tax money(probably for your whole life) was already spent. Your kids or great grandkids are paying for this one.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:17:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Why is it always the USA paying for all these wars all over the world? How many other countries are sending money or military equipment to the Ukraine?

Were 30 Trillion dollars in dept and the Republicans voted for it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:25:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Why is it always the USA paying for all these wars all over the world? How many other countries are sending money or military equipment to the Ukraine?

View Quote

Its called money laundering.

How do they get tax money out of your pockets, and into the pockets of US Defense Contractors without fighting a war somewhere.

Might as well get more NATO members, considering they all buy NATO standard arms and equipment from us too.

Because freeeeeeeedoms
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:30:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Ukraine's military has proven to be quite capable and appears to be decently well trained.

They have many Bayraktar drones because of a partnership with Turkey on their production.

These observations to not align with the idea that Ukraine had a small military budget that was mostly being drained by corruption
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Check the citation
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:34:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Money Machine goes brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

We are Americans.  We do war.  That's what we do and ain't nobody getting in the way of the big Machine.  Sit back, relax and let it happen.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:35:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Most of Europe. The US is, far and away, the largest source of aid, but it's not as if it's the only one. Poland, in particular, is shouldering the enormous burden of Ukrainian refuges and other logistical challenge of being the funnel through which most of the aid flows.

The US is the source for all this aid because we choose to be.  This latest aid package had overwhelming support in Congress.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:38:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

How much of your tax money has previously gone to preparing for a war with the USSR/Russia ?
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:39:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Check the citation
View Quote

A formal assessment dated 5 years ago.

Ok, I'll take back the Russian plant part and say instead they must have gotten their act together since Zelensky took power. Dialing back to a US political level of corruption had to be a huge improvement over their prior Russian style corruption

The observed facts still do not remotely align with what is described in that old assessment.

It also fits, the Neptune was barely in development when that report was published. The Bayraktar partnership was entirely after that report
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:40:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Edit- hangfire.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:40:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Check the citation
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Check the citation

And look at the date of the citation and then research what happened concerning charges to Ukraine's government since then.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:43:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.

It's sad to see how dense some people are regarding the geopolitical and economic implications of an expanding Russian Bloc.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:44:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Letting Russia take Ukraine wil mean much higher Western defence spending for many years to come.

Oh sweet summer child....
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:46:50 AM EDT
[#38]
It isn't 40 billion, it's 54, as we already sent money and goods twice.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:46:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
$40B divided by 144 million actual taxpayers is $278 apiece
View Quote

I'm charitable as fuck!
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:47:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:47:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:55:56 AM EDT
[#42]
It should come out of congress salaries and pension funds first. And then their should be a tax on illegals to pay for this. Not our war. Not our problem.

Corrupt politicians just using this distraction to launder dirty money and get kick backs the entire time
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:57:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:59:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

There's a whole list of countries sending money, equipment,aid to Ukraine. It's pretty easy to research if you desire.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 10:00:30 AM EDT
[#45]
The amount that was just given ($40mil) could provide $67,000 for every homeless person in the United States. Now I am not a homeless advocate, but that could fund a lot of mental health, medical, education, job training, and housing. Yeah, I know that most of them don't want help, but it puts things in perspective.

President of UKR has $850 million in bank accounts that nobody can explain how he amassed.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 10:06:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

They haven’t devolved shit, it’s a copy of the KH35 (which they’re already selling to North Korea. I assume they’ll copy all the hardware we’re sending, or at least sell examples, too
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 10:07:10 AM EDT
[#47]
If you'll take note, nearly all of the same discredited neocon cheerleaders that brought us Iwrack and Afghaniscam are in agreement on Ukraine.

They fancy themselves America's "best and brightest", but their track record is what you'd expect from the "loud and dumbest".

Then, as now, the vast war munition making industry will be the only "winner" and lots of faraway people will suffer and die.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 10:10:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Now not ever citizen is a tax payer, and I’m sure that $40B is financed
View Quote

Um, wasn’t 40B just the most recent one? Isn’t it somewhere more like 100B+?

Also how many javelins, other equipment, and shipment of said equipment cost?

If we need the intelligence of a 3rd world army equivalent, we are in deep shit. All we need is a few javelins and drones and we could kill what? Like 40K russian soldiers a day??
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 10:13:07 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

There's a whole list of countries sending money, equipment,aid to Ukraine. It's pretty easy to research if you desire.
View Quote

Yeah, and all of it combined isn’t anywhere near as much as we’ve dumped in
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 10:18:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

President of UKR has $850 million in bank accounts that nobody can explain how he amassed.
View Quote

You got anything to back up the claim he has that much?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top