Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 4/13/2022 3:00:45 PM EDT
OPEN relationships have soared since the pandemic as couples grow bored with each other, a sex expert is claiming.

Romantic burnout caused by spending too much time together during lockdowns has been blamed for lacklustre lovers starting to stray.

Sex therapist Dr Tammy Nelson reported a 45 per cent leap in inquiries about discussing the subject with partners in recent months.

She said: “Couples are now keener than ever to spice things up a bit. Many have started to outsource their needs in the shape of open relationships.”

While men are usually the ones who suggest more sexual freedom, it is women who want it to continue, it is claimed.

Dr Nelson said: “Women are now much more in charge and much more demanding.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/5111737/open-relationships-soar-since-pandemic-sex-expert/
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 3:19:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it still an "open relationship" if you don't tell each other you're doing it?  Because that's nothing new.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 4:12:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Can confirm.  I was a civilian version of "Jody" (or a "Sancho" if you're from Mexico) at one point in my life.

I'm not proud of it.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 4:15:21 PM EDT
[#3]
sounds like they interviewed a bunch of whores who have cucks for husbands.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 4:15:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Why can't they just admit they picked the wrong partner?
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 4:16:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/13/2022 4:16:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 4:19:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Many modern women have lost the ability to pair bond with one man because they've been riding the cock carousel most of their adult lives.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 4:20:22 PM EDT
[#8]
This’ll be good.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 4:20:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Many modern women have lost the ability to pair bond with one man because they've been riding the cock carousel most of their adult lives.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/13/2022 4:20:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

and their wombs are polluted anyway.

who wants that
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 4:21:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I understand why. Hell, look at some of the BOTD beauties. I pine for those hotties but my dreams disappear as if the wind blew them away
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 4:21:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Where's that headless gunner guy at?
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 4:22:20 PM EDT
[#14]
This is how folks get slapped on stage.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 4:24:19 PM EDT
[#15]
About a year ago, our HOA president asked my wife and I if we wanted to come over and trade for the night. My wife was quick to decline. Her and her husband are actually going through a divorce right now oddly enough.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 4:28:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Swinging is fuckin weird.

But TBH I would like to have 3 wives.

Link Posted: 4/13/2022 4:28:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fact.  People don't think human hearts and souls be like they are, but they do.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 4:35:48 PM EDT
[#18]

We had a really, really bad GC outbreak at one of the local retirement homes during the first lockdown.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 4:36:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Adults should do what they want, I don't care and I don't really judge.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 5:08:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

and their wombs are polluted anyway.

who wants that
View Quote

Tony Montana
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 5:11:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Adults should do what they want, I don't care and I don't really judge.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Erybody gots to be in erybody else's bidness.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 5:14:10 PM EDT
[#22]
No surprise. Monogamy is unnatural.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 5:15:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Three wives? Fuck that. I don't care if they are supermodels, I don't enjoy the maintenance involved with one wife and she's pretty chill.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 5:16:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 5:17:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Theres a shit ton of spouse sharing at work, tons of it, most of it managers. Not attractive managers either, just saying.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 5:20:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 5:21:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Open relationships are the last stop on the road to divorce.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 5:24:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Some people are into that kind of thing.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 5:24:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Next headline:  DIVORCE AWAY More couple getting divorced because they screwed around on each other
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 5:26:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

They have a 97-98% failure rate. You might as well just divide up your stuff and go your separate ways at that point.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 5:28:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 5:38:41 PM EDT
[#32]
My Cardiologist at our first meeting the other day asked me to tell him about myself. Fair question. I did. Married 47 years, two kids, retired business owner yada yada. We got to talking and he said he asked because the majority of the people with my medical issue that are divorced have a lower chance of recovery without a medical procedure than guys like me that have one wife over a long period of time. He said that men like me have learned how to deal with the everyday up/downs of women and as such have a better stress tolerance which lends toward no procedure required. I explained to him my theory on women. Ruled by hormones, managed by emotion and devoid of logic. He chuckled and then he said "different hole same problems". I laughed and we started talking about guns and politics. He' a REDNECK FOR ROMANIA. Neatest guy I've met in a long time. He said that the divorce issues following a man around along with the "new" set of the same "old" problems makes it harder for the body to deal with certain medical issues. I have no idea if he's right or not but I have a new friend.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 5:38:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Why can't they just admit they picked the wrong partner?
View Quote

I would offer that it's because women are often the breadwinners now...cheaper to keep'im.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 5:41:08 PM EDT
[#34]
I have some swinger friends.  They been doing it for about ten years.  

From what I gather from them there's two types of open relationships.

1.  Both partners view sex as a fun activity rather than a bonding experience or some sacred emotional thing.  They are generally anything goes with eachother in the bedroom from the start.  Like my friends these people can stay happily married while doing this because they aren't seeking relationships.  They view their play partners just as another set of sex toys.

2.   Couples that are bored of eachother or sex and trying to find passion or excitement.  These swinger couples usually end up divorced pretty fast.  Apparently in the swinger scene these couples are largely men that convince a wife to try it so they can band other women and usually the woman still sees sex as a romantic thing thus eventually hates her husband for it and eventually leaves him
More or less you both gotta be super freaks and very secure in your relationship to pull that shit off otherwise you are just doomed .

The wife and I have been invited to such things and considered it because we are probably the type that could do it without a divorce but decided it's not really worth the risk of causing a problem or potentially getting an STD from banging people who are regularly banging lots of other people.

To each his own but if you are doing it to escape a boring sex life your probably on the way to divorce

Link Posted: 4/13/2022 5:50:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Funny, my relationships rock solid, we enjoyed being home together and seeing even more of each other, we’re getting married next month. If your bringing other people into your relationship, that relationships probably on its last legs and soon to fail.  Just more instant gratification / lack of self control rearing it’s head, and being home nonstop with no outside entertainment to plaster over peoples sucky relationships makes them face problems they usually ignore via outside entertainment.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 5:51:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup. Any relationship issue, bored, he’s working all weekend = he’ll I’ll fuck this random guy for fun. It’s their default. Zero ability to hang around for any problem, they just bail.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 5:54:31 PM EDT
[#37]
As long as everyone is consenting, who am I to judge what other free people in this country do?

It's not something I'd be interested in, but if it makes other people happy then go for it.

Many things that come with being a free people are quite nasty, but the freedom part is beautiful any way you look at it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 5:54:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wise words have been spoken.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 5:55:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Why would I bother keeping another mouth around to feed if that were the case?
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 5:56:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

They have a 97-98% failure rate. You might as well just divide up your stuff and go your separate ways at that point.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you're already going to get divorced, may as well go out with a bang (or two, or three, or 87)
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 5:56:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I understand why. Hell, look at some of the BOTD beauties. I pine for those hotties but my dreams disappear as if the wind blew them away
View Quote

I truly hope and pray they can fix your blindness.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 5:57:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

QFT
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 5:59:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Author says "Men are usually the ones who suggest more sexual freedom."

Arfcom says: It's the womens fault. Whores.

LOL
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 6:00:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
This is how folks get slapped on stage.
View Quote

you sir win the internet today. brilliant.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 6:02:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

1.  Both partners view sex as a fun activity rather than a bonding experience or some sacred emotional thing.  They are generally anything goes with eachother in the bedroom from the start.  Like my friends these people can stay happily married while doing this because they aren't seeking relationships.  They view their play partners just as another set of sex toys.

2.   Couples that are bored of eachother or sex and trying to find passion or excitement.  These swinger couples usually end up divorced pretty fast.  Apparently in the swinger scene these couples are largely men that convince a wife to try it so they can band other women and usually the woman still sees sex as a romantic thing thus eventually hates her husband for it and eventually leaves him
More or less you both gotta be super freaks and very secure in your relationship to pull that shit off otherwise you are just doomed .

The wife and I have been invited to such things and considered it because we are probably the type that could do it without a divorce but decided it's not really worth the risk of causing a problem or potentially getting an STD from banging people who are regularly banging lots of other people.

To each his own but if you are doing it to escape a boring sex life your probably on the way to divorce

View Quote

Yep we have a couple friends into the swinging thing, and your spot on.

Both couples we know are awesome people with strong marriages, at least from what we've seen they seem to be very happy and affectionate toward one another.

They've never tried to get us into the things they do, it's just not our thing although in our bedroom pretty much anything goes between the two of us.

I'm sure we'd be fine if we decided to get into it, but the juice isn't worth the squeeze, plus I've got all I can handle at home.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 6:04:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Jack Bauer to the courtesy phone please.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 6:08:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Watching some dude put your wife in the mating press and dumping a load of baby batter in her guts is a fun activity?

Victorgonzales you gots some weird friends!
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 6:14:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Three wives? Fuck that. I don't care if they are supermodels, I don't enjoy the maintenance involved with one wife and she's pretty chill.
View Quote

Same bro, same.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 6:20:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Watching some dude put your wife in the mating press and dumping a load of baby batter in her guts is a fun activity?

Victorgonzales you gots some weird friends!
View Quote
I don't judge.  I asked him how he handles that he says he likes seeing her get off all night and he's busy pounding the shit out of a woman which she enjoys watching him go to work as well.
 They both have a high five eachother mentality about fucking the shit out of another couple and do it together no side pieces or whatever   Says they typically only hook up with other long time swingers though because most of the new couples are dudes that dragged their wife into it to get pussy and it isn't enjoyable for him to bang chicks that aren't really all the way into it .

Link Posted: 4/13/2022 6:21:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

3 thicc curvy beyotches!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top