Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/9/2022 5:01:01 PM EDT
Golden orb weaver, 12 gauge shotgun.

I've used flamethrowers before, but there was something really satisfying about instantly vaporizing that fucker with a shotgun.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 5:03:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I found an in ground yellow jacket nest with my mower. That night I lit the nest on fire with a small amount of gasoline and used a 12 gauge shotgun on any yellow jacket that flew away. It worked well
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 5:04:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I stapled a bee to the floor.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 5:06:52 PM EDT
[#3]
When I was 12, myself and a group of friends found a dead pigeon on the road, then lit it on fire with model glue.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 5:07:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Wasp from about four feet. CZ SP-01 for the win.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 5:07:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I used an entire can of Freeze +P on a spider because I could see she had hundreds of babies on her. I wouldn’t advise it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 5:08:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I was cutting some 2" plate with oxy/acetylene when a hornet started buzzing me.

It was extremely satisfying to burn that stinging bastard out of the air.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 5:08:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Horsefly landed on my target, 100yds with a mini14 ranch/shit Tasco combo. Looked pretty cool with wing/leg splatter around hole.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 5:09:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I love to do yellow jacket holes with legit M-80’s ...

Tape it on the end of a long stick with a long fuse and jam it in the Hole.  After about 15-20 minutes when the commotion and death swarm had dies down bring a big rock or cinder bock over (to tamp the blast downward) and light the fuse and fuse and run before they swarm again.

Link Posted: 3/9/2022 5:10:08 PM EDT
[#9]
No me, but I watched a video where a guy attacked a hornets nest with a drone.  Fuckers kept flying at the drone and getting pureed by the rotors.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 5:11:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I was smoking a cigar and noticed a wolf spider covered in babies. I broke the heads off a small box of matches and basically slowly built a mound under her. It was cold and she had a lot of weight on her back, so she never moved.

I saved one match to light it. I was a lot more entertained than I should have been, kind of like when I feed frogs while I smoke a cigar.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 5:12:00 PM EDT
[#11]
A fuckin Red Roman with my shoe in my underwear. I swear I thought that shit bag was a mouse. I jumped off the bed Hulk Hogan style right on the fucker.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 5:12:41 PM EDT
[#12]
I commanded my cat to do it. And she did.

The late Maggie. Gone from this world a couple years now.
I would get camel crickets frequently in the basement of my old town home.
One time, and I wish so bad I had it on video, a camel cricket started to jump across the floor with Maggie in pursuit. She did not really kill the damn things often. She just played with them.
So she would put a paw on it and pin it but then move her paw and it would jump again.

Well I was sitting on a couch and said "Maggie, just kill it!"
That cat. Looked at me with that squinting smile cats do. Lifted a paw. Nails flung out like switch blades. And she buried her middle claw in that fuckers head. It was glorious!
She got treats.

Maggie. The destroyer of worlds. I miss that cat.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 5:12:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A fuckin Red Roman with my shoe in my underwear. I swear I thought that shit bag was a mouse. I jumped off the bed Hulk Hogan style right on the fucker.
View Quote

What the hell were you doing with a shoe in your underwear?  Sounds kinky.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 5:13:53 PM EDT
[#14]
I once ignored a spider for 6 months straight until it died from the lack of attention.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 5:14:02 PM EDT
[#15]
20ga. couch gun on a basket ball size baldface Hornets nest 20 ft up in a tree.  It rained that night and in the morning all the hornets were gone and the nest was in pieces on the ground.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 5:14:07 PM EDT
[#16]
When I lived in a shitty apartment I would shoot cockroaches off the walls with a CO2 powered Glock 19 replica BB gun.

Glad I don't live in a shitty apartment anymore but I do miss the target practice.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 5:17:05 PM EDT
[#17]
One night I was on planet Pluto while watching tv in my living room on earth. It was around 2am and this moth kept flying in my tv but I was unable to get up. After 30 mins or so my two brain cells put together these words "like a moth to a flame". I moved my 5,000lb arm and grabbed my lighter. I turned the tv off and flicked the Bic. That moth flew the flame and died. I was able to watch tv in peace.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 5:18:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Shot a fly at 15 yards that landed on the cardboard backing

Told my friend watch this and I nailed that bastard with a 45
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 5:18:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

What the hell were you doing with a shoe in your underwear?  Sounds kinky.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/9/2022 5:23:32 PM EDT
[#20]
In my apartment in college, I had a giant spider that was coming out from behind the stove or something and would always hang out in this same spot. But I could never get near it to kill it. As soon as I'd start his way, he'd bolt back to where I couldn't see him.

So eventually I bought a new vacuum with a hose, duct taped the hose to the counter with it pointed right at the spot it always sat. Kept it turned on and plugged into a surge protector right next to the couch. Woke up from a nap on the couch, spotted the spider in its spot across the room. Slapped the switch on the surge protector, vacuum fired up, got him.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 5:26:01 PM EDT
[#21]
I put a lit firecracker on the back of a large spider when I was a young boy. All that was left was pieces of legs.

I hate spiders but I still feel bad about doing that
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 5:26:51 PM EDT
[#22]
A can of WD-40 and a lighter on a wasp nest.

Incenerated it from 10' away.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 5:28:26 PM EDT
[#23]
I shot a bat once with a .357 mag shot shell that had gotten into the house...A long story behind the why and how that happened.
Poor thing. There was almost nothing left.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 5:28:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Staring contest. Took 17hrs it was a praying mantis
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 5:29:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Nailed a carpenter bee with a frisbee from about 30'. I've killed probably over a hundred of those bastards with a badminton racket but the frisbee was the most memorable.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 5:30:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Giant june bug with a SIG Scorpion .45acp.

Said insect landed on the TQ-15 target around the neck area, 50 yards downrange.  My shooting partner commented on it, so I drew and fired one-handed.

Direct hit, confirmed by the most interesting starburst pattern of juices around the bullet hole.

Couldn't do it again with unlimited range time and a semi of ammo!
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 5:31:18 PM EDT
[#27]
When we had horses, one of my brothers used to tie sewing thread to a fly and let it fly around the barn "fishing".   Bald face hornets would snag them and he would feed out line until the fly was devoured.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 5:32:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Tossed a bunch of 3" horn worms that I found on my tomatoes onto a fire ant mound I'd kicked up just for the occasion.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 5:32:01 PM EDT
[#29]
2 1/2 gallons of gas and a lighter on a fire ant hill in Dallas after they tore me up.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 5:32:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I shot a bat once with a .357 mag shot shell that had gotten into the house...A long story behind the why and how that happened.
Poor thing. There was almost nothing left.
View Quote

One time my cousins and I told our grandpa their was a bat in the house. He was in the royal navy for 35 years and drank a lot.. I think Canada was the last country that still had rum as a ration. Anyway.. he was shit faced and grabbed his 686 after he finally believed us. My nanna took it away.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 5:32:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Standing around with my squad at a USPSA match, waiting on a stage. Big wood hornet came out from a rafter of the shelter we were under.

I was working on my knife handling quite a bit at that time. One smooth motion I drew, opened, and cut the bastard in two, mid air. My buddy (RIP Randy) said, "Gotdamn. You're one scary mother fucker".

I used to sit on the porch of our shack down on the family property in E. KY and shoot these big ass, red wasps off the flowers around the front of the cabin with my super blackhawk when I was a kid. Dad said, "Don't you think that's a little bit over kill"?

Hell, no. Have you seen the size of these fargin bastages?
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 5:32:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Horsefly landed on my target, 100yds with a mini14 ranch/shit Tasco combo. Looked pretty cool with wing/leg splatter around hole.
View Quote

Mini14?
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 5:33:34 PM EDT
[#33]
A Bic and some Aquanet.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 5:37:15 PM EDT
[#34]
I threw a knife at a grasshopper once.  Perfect decapitation.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 5:37:22 PM EDT
[#35]
I was asleep on my stomach.  Room is pitch black.
A fly kept making strafing runs from side to side just above my head and the buzzing was keeping me awake.
I figured out the fly's timing and reached backwards behind my head, catching the fly in my hand.
After shaking my hand to confirm I had caught it, I turned on the lights and woke up my wife to tell her what I'd done and show her my captive.
Wife says "Nice ninja skills, now let me sleep."

Link Posted: 3/9/2022 5:39:55 PM EDT
[#36]
I used to shoot rimfire usbr 50 yard targets at a friend's house. His back stop was to the east so it would warm in the afternoon sun. Flies would land on the target but they wouldn't stay still for more than a few seconds at a time. You have to hit them on one end to get a good splatter for pictures.......50 yards off a good bench.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 5:43:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Take the blank adapter off, shoot spider/etc with blank round.

Sploot.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 5:44:15 PM EDT
[#38]
I had a huge scorpion on my grill cover so I grabbed a nearby badminton racket, flung the scorpion up in the air and Babe Ruth'd the racket right through the thing, splattered it everywhere. It's also fun to hit 'em with carb/brake cleaner and a lighter. Fuck those things.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 5:46:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Shot a fly at 100 yds with an Anschutz .22RF target rifle, scoped. I couldn't believe it either but the little bugger kept crawling across my target..

Link Posted: 3/9/2022 5:49:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Had to do a mission on LV-426, things got 'hairy', so we had to nuke it from orbit (was the only way to be sure).
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 5:52:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
No me, but I watched a video where a guy attacked a hornets nest with a drone.  Fuckers kept flying at the drone and getting pureed by the rotors.
View Quote
That's amazing.

I used to bust flies with a rubber band gun as a kid. That was really satisfying.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 5:59:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Magnifying glass, sunshine and some ants….
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 6:03:20 PM EDT
[#43]
fire ant mound and tannerite
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 6:03:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Can of Lysol and a bic lighter.
Killed, disinfected and deodorized.
Web went poof.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 6:11:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Most impressive was hip shooting a fly off my bedroom wall with a BB gun when I was in H.S. my buddy could not believe it.
Most satisfying was my GF's dog got her nose absolutely destroyed by hornets one day, I found the nest on the side of a small ravine. I filled a small squirt bottle with IPA and quickly sprayed some in the entrance and lit it on fire.
The hornets came boiling out (the nest was actually way bigger than I thought) and as they flew through the flames their wings crisped and they rolled down the hill stinging and squirming until there was a nice big pile that I then doused and burned. Poor Ginger was avenged!
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 6:12:12 PM EDT
[#46]
I have 3 mighty kittahs that keep the house rodent and bug free.

Gizmo will track a single fly until he gets it.

Link Posted: 3/9/2022 6:19:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Carpenter bees love the facia board on my house. When i see one light on the facia and crawl in, i pump my Crossman 760 up ten times, jam the muzzle in (perfect fit, BTW) and discharge the gun without a BB. It doesn't kill them right away, but you can hear them raising hell in there after the shot.  A...ZZZZZzzzzZZZZ.

Great, wholesome, redneck fun.

Link Posted: 3/9/2022 6:22:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 6:25:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Yellow jackets were all over the tree sap on my car, so I decapitated them with a Target gift card. Apparently they'll defend the nest, but not each other. After a few days there were none left. I've done the same to wasps in the house with a dinner knife. Not as clumsy or random as a fly swatter. An elegant weapon, for a more civilized age.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 6:30:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Not a spider, but chopped a rattlesnake in half with a street sign once.  

We party hard
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top