[#3]
In other news, water is wet.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 10:41:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is correct mostly but not always
View Quote
Auto-correct seems to have bitten you. Fixed it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 10:41:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 10:44:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Was hoping for a @LittlePony rant thread.

Disappoint.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 10:45:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes. Mostly. I have my wife trained to at least tell me if something seems off. For instance, the other day she told me she thought she was going crazy but it seemed like it took longer for her car to start than usual. Sure enough, the CPS was going bad.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 10:48:25 AM EDT
[#8]
My aunt has had several Porsche turbos and can put a car on the hydraulic lift in their garage.  My wife approved the purchase enthusiastically of an Acura TLX A Spec.  Most girls dgaf but some are equal in their enthusiasm and knowledge.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 10:49:11 AM EDT
[#9]
i always love it when people think cars are going to get them women

they're going to get you a ton of dick, if anything
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 10:50:45 AM EDT
[#10]
They care when they don't run, that's about it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 10:51:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Have “your” woman draw a picture of a bicycle.    5 minutes, as detailed as possible. From memory.  No prepping, No cheating.   Post the pic.  

- goes for OP and Suburban D. It’s illuminating..
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 10:52:08 AM EDT
[#12]
NOT TRUE!  Maybe “some” women…..

My papa was a mechanic, I worked in the garage with him, every day.  I repaired & maintained my ‘65 VW, our ‘71 Jeep, and most every other vehicle we have owned since.  
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 10:52:44 AM EDT
[#13]
My wife regularly changes her own oil and filters. I guess you chose poorly OP.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 10:53:50 AM EDT
[#14]
My wife has owned 7 cars. 5 of them were manuals by choice. The last, pre kids, was a Porsche. She's never so much as curbed a wheel or scraped a front valance. I'll gladly let her drive anything that I own. I do clean and maintain her cars. I'm good with it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 10:55:28 AM EDT
[#15]
It isn’t just women.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 10:56:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
It would be pretty weird to walk into your garage and your girl is under her car changing her own oil.  I would feel like she is doing something that I as the male in the relationship, am supposed to be doing.

It's great if she can do the task, nothing wrong with that at all.  It would just be weird standing there watching her do it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:00:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup.

I've had more women compliment my bone stock 2wd SR5 Tundra than my Cobra ever got.

I will say, sport bikes CAN be a panty dropper if you can get her to go for a ride, but you better have the personality that lets her know she can trust you.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:05:08 AM EDT
[#18]
My wife can't fix a car, but she knows when something is wrong. Probably mostly my fault as I have never taught her how.

She can identify like every American muscle car in the 60s and 70s though. Certainly better than I can
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:05:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wrong.  

Cars are a convenient form of Peacocking.  A fun way of showing disposable wealth.   You can’t really flash your W2 to some chick on the bus, but a Porsche/BMW/late model brotruck, is somehow more acceptable.  
If I were single, I’d buy a yellow Porsche.  
That said, an 8 year old model in mint condition, will fetch the same results, because females generally don’t know the difference.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:07:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Mine never has gas or cash. I don't get it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:08:00 AM EDT
[#21]
they can’t navigate either
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:08:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My wife has owned 7 cars. 5 of them were manuals by choice. The last, pre kids, was a Porsche. She's never so much as curbed a wheel or scraped a front valance. I'll gladly let her drive anything that I own. I do clean and maintain her cars. I'm good with it.
View Quote

My wife had never owned an automatic her entire life, her prior last new car in 2012 had to be shipped in because there were hardly any manuals made.   She just got her first " auto " as it was PDK or nothing.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:09:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It would be pretty weird to walk into your garage and your girl is under her car changing her own oil.  I would feel like she is doing something that I as the male in the relationship, am supposed to be doing.

It's great if she can do the task, nothing wrong with that at all.  It would just be weird standing there watching her do it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lols, yeah it would.    My wife used to push cut the grass.  
3.5 acres.  

She enjoyed the exercise.   I’m sure the neighbors thought I was a real task master.     I was OK with that.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:09:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Wrong.  

Cars are a convenient form of Peacocking.  A fun way of showing disposable wealth.   You can't really flash your W2 to some chick on the bus, but a Porsche/BMW/late model brotruck, is somehow more acceptable.  
If I were single, I'd buy a yellow Porsche.  
That said, an 8 year old model in mint condition, will fetch the same results, because females generally don't know the difference.
View Quote
I don't want a girl who is interested in me, because of the things that I own or how much money I have.  
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:09:49 AM EDT
[#25]
I know plenty of women that can run circles around most of the luddites on this board in regards to cars.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:11:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Not just cars, ANYTHING mechanical, from weed eaters to trucks, to guns, to washing machines.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:11:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Lol.  speak for yourself.

I've had my 50yr old mom and aunt helping me pull motors and replace transmissions.  They know how to drop gas tanks and driveshafts and unhook fuel lines.
My wife can replace a starter and alternator and the other simpler bolt-on parts on the motor.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:13:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Agreed, and I don’t know any that can be bothered to learn
View Quote

Lol. 99% don’t want to learn. They want it fixed, but don’t want to watch you fix it to learn how. Iv fixed the exact same simple shit 5 times and shown her each time. Easier for me to do it, cheaper too.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:13:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Hey babe, the watering can icon is lighting up on my dashboard. Does that mean I'm out of washer fluid?

Me: Watering can? Would you show me?

Goes around the block, her low oil light is glowing patiently and steadily

Me: How long has it been like that?

Her: Oh, not long! Just since my last oil change ... five months ago.

She was a wonderful cook, was always honest, loyal, and a very fulfilling, generous lover.

If it wasn't for that there would have been a freaking bounty on her head.

And she knew it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:15:21 AM EDT
[#30]
But remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only going backwards in high heel shoes….
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:16:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I don't want a girl who is interested in me, because of the things that I own or how much money I have.  
View Quote

Important viewing for you

Dave Chappelle - If a man could fuck a woman in a cardboard box
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:17:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:17:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Important viewing for you

View Quote
No it isn't.

What I think and want doesn't have to be the same as Mr Chappelle or anyone else's views.  That's ok with me.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:19:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
They just don't give a fuck.

carry on.
View Quote

My personal experience varies greatly from this observation.

Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:19:17 AM EDT
[#35]
I married my wife because she knows how to change a car tire.

It's a reflection of a lot more than being able to change a tire.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:21:04 AM EDT
[#36]
I'd say it's only slightly more women than men.
I know plenty of dudes that are totally lost anywhere in a car that's not in a seat.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:21:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you own nothing and have no money, no women is going to be interested in you.

Like it or not, women are interested in what you are not who you are.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:22:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
They just don't give a fuck.

carry on.
View Quote

I know a couple of girls that know more than most of the guys I know regarding cars.

When most guys today don't even know how to change their own oil.......it's not like it's that hard to know more than they do.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:24:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

If you own nothing and have no money, no women is going to be interested in you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good grief lol.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:24:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Was hoping for a @LittlePony rant thread.

Disappoint.
View Quote

"What do you mean I need my oil changed? I thought these Japanese cars were indestructible? -owns a Korean car-"
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:26:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Mine is pretty good she actually worries a little too much I have to check the damn thing all the time. We just got her brand new RDX and it “smells”. I go year it’s brand new shit is burning off and you have Chemical smells. Still made me check it over, but she Still hits every pothole and crashes in to stuff.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:27:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Here is what most know, put gas in it and go.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:29:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
I would be ok with that.  A woman that was interested in me because of the expensive things that I own, sounds like a fucking nightmare in the making.  

It's not that I would be sad if the woman ignored me, because my car doesn't send the message of "money".  It's the other way around.  I would not be interested..in that woman.

Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:31:53 AM EDT
[#44]
My Daughter (at college) had a warning light on her dash. Her Mom told her not to worry about until she comes home for X-mas break. My Daughter told her; “No offense Mom but I’m gonna want to talk to Dad”.

She is a smart girl
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:33:16 AM EDT
[#45]
That's why single women are always broke. They can't maintain their vehicle or fix stuffs around the house. Mechanics, plumbers, and handyman make a killing off single women.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:34:47 AM EDT
[#46]
Expanding on the subject, the nastiest trade ins I appraised over the years belonged to young single women and soccer moms minivans. Filthy without fail, and always needing something mechanical.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:35:28 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I would be ok with that.  A woman that was interested in me because of the expensive things that I own, sounds like a fucking nightmare in the making.  

It's not that I would be sad if the woman ignored me, because my car doesn't send the message of "money".  It's the other way around.  I would not be interested..in that woman.

View Quote

So you aren't at all attracted to a woman's appearance and only care about her personality?
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:36:19 AM EDT
[#48]
It's more of a they don't want to thing.

My wife has a medical degree and could tell you how almost everything in the human body works so she's capable but I just don't think they care to know how various systems in a vehicle work or how a water heater heats water etc.

Lol my wife still thinks turning the heat up on the thermostat in the house makes the air coming out of the vents hotter despite me explaining in 30 seconds how an hvac system works.

They just don't care to learn which is fine. She thinks I'm a wizard when I fix the washer or maintain her vehicle.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:36:48 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
This is correct mostly but not always…
View Quote

Yeah.
My girl can usually tell what’s wrong with her vehicle.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:40:51 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong.  

Cars are a convenient form of Peacocking.  A fun way of showing disposable wealth.   You can't really flash your W2 to some chick on the bus, but a Porsche/BMW/late model brotruck, is somehow more acceptable.  
If I were single, I'd buy a yellow Porsche.  
That said, an 8 year old model in mint condition, will fetch the same results, because females generally don't know the difference.

I felt exactly the same BITD, and got very lucky, but she saw potential, which is really the same thing.  

Fwiw, Peacocks don’t use money at all. The tail says “Here I am, I ain’t skeered-o-sheeeiiiit!”      

For some reason, that’s an effective mating strategy for all creatures great and small.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top