Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5585
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 10/27/2021 8:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer]
It says it's been moved, but the link just takes me to the Community page. What gives?

This is now the active "shit (might be) is definitely happening in Ukraine" thread.

News links, thanks to BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
LINKS TO UKRAINIAN NEWS SOURCES IN ENGLISH

Kyiv Post

Ukrainian News

UKRInform

EUROMAIDEN PRESS

New Voice of Ukraine

Kyiv Independent

Ukraine World

InterFax Ukraine

UATV

Ukrainian Journal

Official Website of the President of Ukraine

Ukrainian Ministry of Defense

Save these links. I can't post all the headlines like I've done in the past - too much news and too often.
View Quote

Please @ me with additional stuff to be added here. I don't currently have time to properly curate this thread otherwise.

New news link c/o berettaguy:

Ukrainian Pravda
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/

Stop fake, anti - disinformation site:
https://www.stopfake.org/en/main/
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:57:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
View Quote

As if I needed another reason to believe that the NY Time was a communist rag hell bent on destroying this country....
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:59:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Not sure what to do with this.
https://t.me/vorposte/21697
Commander of "Azov" Prokopenko: "Do not make heroes of deserters and fighters who voluntarily surrendered. They chose the path of shame."

@vorposte
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:05:18 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote

YEST!!!!
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:08:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By mbinky:

As if I needed another reason to believe that the NY Time was a communist rag hell bent on destroying this country....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:20:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Glock63:

Oh, back in the 50's. Wonder how many trilliosn of tons have been handled between then and now incident free lol.
View Quote

ring your foxhole with it
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:20:59 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

I endorse pressuring the New York Times to cede their "reporting" to the far superior New York Post.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:31:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:31:35 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

Hardly surprising…..will they volunteer to choose the Ukrainians who will be abandoned to their fate and explain to them that “ The needs of the Few outweigh those of the Many, or the One”?  

On the positive side, if the Bluetards turn against the war the “if they’re for it I’m agin it!” crowd might be able to be coaxed back into the light.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:31:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By jungatheart:

We're giving them Patriots?
View Quote
Yep and it shouldve been done YEARS ago.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:35:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Prime:
View All Quotes
https://t.me/vorposte/21697
Commander of "Azov" Prokopenko: "Do not make heroes of deserters and fighters who voluntarily surrendered. They chose the path of shame."

@vorposte

Sounds like Prokopenko and his like-minded comrades have gone on Independent Ops and plan to fight to the death.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:37:32 PM EDT
[#11]

View All Quotes

Paging Elon…  found something else for you to buy.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:57:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

One of the many Hero's in Ukraine. God protect her.
View Quote

Amen to that.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:02:42 PM EDT
[#13]
So the patriot brings a 100km denial zone to the field.

How is the UA going to apply this in fighting?  Will it allow the Ukranian airforce more time for ground attacks?
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:04:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By stgdz:

How is the UA going to apply this in fighting?  Will it allow the Ukranian airforce more time for ground attacks?
View Quote

They already have similar, although probably a little less effective capabilities.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:04:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Tiberius:

Sounds like Prokopenko and his like-minded comrades have gone on Independent Ops and plan to fight to the death.
View Quote

It does, but I would guess that image is from a month ago. Maybe it’s the shave- it looks like he put weight back on.

Russian Telegram is pushing that everyone’s surrendered.  I guess we’ll see.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:06:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:09:24 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

Do the Ukrainians have fortification that would require that much penetration? 152 on delay or using CLGPs can take care of most field fortifications
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:12:39 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

Depends on how many missiles and what missiles the systems will come with and where they are deployed.   Range on the older PAC GEM 2+ missiles is in the 160km or 100 mile range. and they are at least Mach 5.

This would free up Ukrainian assets.  You start killing any Russian aircraft that comes into Ukrainian airspace, drones, Iksander ballistic missiles, cruise missiles and you can start really taking back your airspace.

Can we get a map with a 100 mile range ring in the center of Kiev for reference?
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:14:49 PM EDT
[#19]
I would like to pressure the New York Times to fuck off permanently.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:15:44 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

God it’d be great for one of these assholes to eat it from a partisan while reporting, though live reporting isn’t something propaganda machines probably do a lot of…
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:15:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:17:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

Depends on how many missiles and what missiles the systems will come with and where they are deployed.   Range on the older PAC GEM 2+ missiles is in the 160km or 100 mile range. and they are at least Mach 5.

This would free up Ukrainian assets.  You start killing any Russian aircraft that comes into Ukrainian airspace, drones, Iksander ballistic missiles, cruise missiles and you can start really taking back your airspace.

Can we get a map with a 100 mile range ring in the center of Kiev for reference?
View Quote

put one near the border and you might be able to get the heavy bombers when they're releasing their standoff weapons.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:22:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By DonKey153:

put one near the border and you might be able to get the heavy bombers when they're releasing their standoff weapons.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DonKey153:

Yep, you get three Patriot batteries and space them out around Southern, Eastern and Northern Ukraine in safe areas and disperse the missile units miles apart and you'd have a really nice network.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:27:12 PM EDT
[#24]
There's anti-air at work in Ukraine that nobody has talked about. I say this from watching shootdowns around Lviv and Odessa...

Then again, it may just be Starstreak and I'm not familiar enough with what it looks like to say.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:27:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By R0N:

Do the Ukrainians have fortification that would require that much penetration? 152 on delay or using CLGPs can take care of most field fortifications
View All Quotes

Define “need”. The antidote to Russian inadequacy seems to be more and bigger.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:27:47 PM EDT
[#26]
welp svernodesk is abosultley turbo fucked!
This Can’t Happen Or The Russians Could Win The War
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:34:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#27]
Food for thought.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Flankerchan/status/1501861242343858178?s=20&t=qLeF4Cpu2MonkGgrBVI_3w[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/Flankerchan/status/1501861242343858178?s=20&t=qLeF4Cpu2MonkGgrBVI_3w

I can't Twitter too well.

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:34:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:45:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:45:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack67] [#30]

View Quote

At least they are consistent in their falsehoods. The NYT screwed over Ukraine really badly in the 1930s, boosting Stalin and hiding the Holodomor.    Here's a short read on Wikipedia about their shill reporter at the time and what he did:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Duranty#Reporting_the_1932%E2%80%931933_famine

The brief bit there has been sanitized - his complicity was much more disturbing at the granular level. He visited Ukraine, saw the deaths, and decided very much to not report about them and push a different pro-Soviet line.

Also: @AlmightyTallest , thanks for answering my, and others, questions on the various AD batteries and capabilities.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:49:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stgdz] [#31]

what 4 patriot batteries at 100 miles would look like.
A Kalibr has about 1500 mile range
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:51:07 PM EDT
[#32]
https://i.imgur.com/sCg7dqC.jpeg

what 4 patriot batteries at 100 miles would look like.
A Kalibr has about 1500 mile range
View Quote

That would be pretty sweet.

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:54:20 PM EDT
[#33]
https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/uubkys/long_read_russian_filtration_camps_this_is_where/

[Long Read] Russian filtration camps. This is where refugees from Ukraine end up

A portion of the post,

More than a million Ukrainians, including 200,000 children, have already been deported to Russia since the beginning of the war. Kyiv accuses Moscow of forced deportations, Russia says it is only carrying out voluntary evacuations. However, the refugees must pass through a filtration camp. As Rossiyskaya Gazeta writes, the idea is to prevent "Ukrainian nationalists from penetrating into Russia".

The conditions in the camps are described by witnesses who have undergone filtration and managed to get out of Russia. Western media publish satellite images, and on 5 May footage captured with a hidden camera emerged. Three short videos were shown on Telegram by an advisor to the mayor of Mariupol, Petro Andriushchenko. Four days earlier, the Russian defence ministry had reported that "rescued" residents of the city had been evacuated to a camp in the village of Bezimienna - this is where the footage came from.

One cold water tap

The camps were set up on the grounds of a school complex in Bezimienna and a club in the village of Cossack in the Novoazovsk region on the territory of the Donetsk People's Republic. About 2,000 men from Mariupol have been detained there for a month. They have not been allowed to take any personal belongings, their passports have been confiscated. They leave the camp only when accompanied by soldiers, forced to work or to clear the ruins. It was them that Russia wanted to use for its victory celebrations on 9 May in Mariupol. Dressed in the uniforms of Ukrainian soldiers, they were to take part in a "prisoner of war parade".

Prisoner drill reigns in the camp. In the morning and at 9 p.m., prisoners are inspected, and three times a day they receive 'lean broth'. Sanitary conditions are tragic. One man commented hotly: "the stench is overpowering", "there is one cold water tap for 350 people. It is impossible to take care of hygiene, to get to the toilet, basic needs are simply taken care of outside.

Until recently, the men slept in the corridors, but only with time did the camp authorities allow them to move into the classrooms. There are mattresses on the floors and joined benches. The gymnasium has been turned into an isolation room, because one of the inmates has advanced tuberculosis - people are not given help, they are easier to isolate. As the mayor's advisor reported, in the neighbouring camp in the village of Kozackie, one of the men died because "the occupants refused to call an ambulance".
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 10:08:34 PM EDT
[#34]
“Ship group of the Russian Federation is represented by 7 landing ships in which there is a carrier with cruise missiles”
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 10:33:17 PM EDT
[#35]
https://t.me/Pravda_Gerashchenko/20303

Accuracy is the politeness of kings, and on the battlefield - also minus two enemy tanks

Details: well-coordinated work of the soldiers of the 24th Motorized Brigade named after King Danylo and the Rapid Response Brigade of the National Guard of Ukraine.

#destruction
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 10:36:44 PM EDT
[#36]
“A couple of our aces are at super low altitude, working on the invaders in the combat zone.”

https://t.me/mysiagin/9356
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 10:38:13 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

Best I can do is a Google map screenshot with a distance bar

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 10:38:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 10:39:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zam18th] [#39]
Food for thought.

https://twitter.com/Flankerchan/status/1501861242343858178?s=20&t=qLeF4Cpu2MonkGgrBVI_3w

View All Quotes
Food for thought.

Good rule of thumb is to never post a link with a question mark.  Always delete the ? and everything to the right.

US Army deployed MIM-104 Patriot Battery to Rzeszów-Jasionka Airport Poland to protect the base.

The coverage looks good.  The battery can provide coverage as far as Lviv in Ukraine against target flying as low as 3000m

ETA tweet still doesn't show up.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 10:44:02 PM EDT
[#40]
“There is no need to tell anything about the work of the 45th separate artillery brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine)
All details on the video.

The units of the brigade work very accurately and painfully for the occupiers.”
https://t.me/mysiagin/9382
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 10:50:11 PM EDT
[#41]

They already have similar, although probably a little less effective capabilities.
View Quote

Ukraine had a large S-300 network before the war started. My understanding is that the Russians were able to destroy about 30-40% of that network in the early volley fire, and most of those were closer to Donbas. With new Patriots and an exhausted Russian ALCM/Kalibir network, they SHOULD be able to deploy these patriots close to the front, or place the patriots wherever, really, then move their other systems to the front, which could deny the Russians any sort of air projection ability which would be yet another blow to their aims.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 10:56:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

Russians make small changes and change the name for marketing. “Da! Su-35 is all new world beater! Only slightly resemble older aircraft on outside!”

The US be like “The new buy of Patriot missiles and the Super hornet are evolutionary, Congressman, and don’t need the sort of oversight that a new program would require, or a recompetition of the program.”
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

Better than s-400.  

It can have 3 types of missiles for various anti air and anti ballistic missile work.  Under the hood not the same system as Gulf War 1.

https://www.raytheonmissilesanddefense.com/what-we-do/counter-uas/sensors/global-patriot-solutions

Russians make small changes and change the name for marketing. “Da! Su-35 is all new world beater! Only slightly resemble older aircraft on outside!”

The US be like “The new buy of Patriot missiles and the Super hornet are evolutionary, Congressman, and don’t need the sort of oversight that a new program would require, or a recompetition of the program.”

Like the M109A7.

It's the same system as the M109A6...

Except:

New hull
New turret
New fire control
New ammo handling
New engine
New transmission

Kept the same gun, barrel, and mount.

Oh and we are looking at a range enhancement that will replace those.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:22:37 AM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

The Cossack rode over the Danube

The Cossack rode over the Danube,
   He said: "farewell, my sweetheart"
   You, my black horse,
   Lead on and march!

"Wait, wait, my Cossack,
   your girl is crying,
   How can you leave her,
   Just think about it."

Refrain:
   |: Maybe, maybe it would have been better not to leave,
   Maybe, maybe it would have been better not to love,
   Maybe, maybe it would have been better to not know her
   And now, and now is time to forget. :|

She came out, covering face with hands in despair,
   And with a little cry:
   "How can you leave me,
   Just think about it."

"Don't cover your face with your white hands,
   Don't rub your bright eyes,
   Coming from war in glory
   I shall meet you again"

Refrain

"I do not want anyone
   Except for only you,
   Take care, my sweetheart,
   nothing else matters."

The Cossack whistled on a horse,
   "You must take care!
   If I won't die, I will return
   In three years' time!"

Ikhav Kozak za Dunaj
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:28:30 AM EDT
[#44]

I am sort of enjoying the irony of this. As a taxpayer, I approve.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:32:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:37:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

I see you have been involved at some level in the current US Weapons Procurement process as well!  It is somewhat surprising and humbling when you look at the control stations or open the maintenance panels on a new version of a weapons system system on which you had previously been an SME and realize you are absolutely ignorant regarding how to operate or maintain the "upgraded" version.
View Quote

I'm sorry to hear that, but not really; it's better than the Russian experience, when you open up some of their stuff and realize it looks like something made from parts sourced from a Radio Shack in 1979.

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:42:10 AM EDT
[#47]
welp svernodesk is abosultley turbo fucked!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDmvueW0Pws
View Quote

Love this guys channel,  He explains the situation on the ground better than anyone.  This last video doesnt sound good for the Ukrainians. Sure hope something happens soon in a good way but right now I dont think they have the power yet to stop this russian advance.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:51:41 AM EDT
[#48]

Hardly surprising…..will they volunteer to choose the Ukrainians who will be abandoned to their fate and explain to them that “ The needs of the Few outweigh those of the Many, or the One”?  

On the positive side, if the Bluetards turn against the war the “if they’re for it I’m agin it!” crowd might be able to be coaxed back into the light.
View All Quotes

Excellent
You should post here more.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:52:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By sq40:

Now we’re cooking with gas.  The Russians better stay on the damn ground.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sq40:
Originally Posted By Dracster:
"The United States will provide Ukraine with its MIM-104 Patriot anti-aircraft missile system

The Washington Post reports that this is provided by the aid package adopted yesterday.
MIM-104 Patriot has a high combat capability and is the main anti-missile and air system in the arsenal of the US Army."

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-20_13-49-58_jpg-2390820.JPG

Now we’re cooking with gas.  The Russians better stay on the damn ground.

has this been confirmed? im not finding any info saying we are actually sending patriot systems over there. It takes months to learn that system and no way we are sending 90 us soldiers with each unit to run them
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:52:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Element94] [#50]

View All Quotes

I halfway expect the Russians to bring out the big German Gustav 800mm rail gun that went missing after WW2.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5585
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top