BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5589
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 10/27/2021 8:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer]
It says it's been moved, but the link just takes me to the Community page. What gives?

This is now the active "shit (might be) is definitely happening in Ukraine" thread.

News links, thanks to BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
LINKS TO UKRAINIAN NEWS SOURCES IN ENGLISH

Kyiv Post

Ukrainian News

UKRInform

EUROMAIDEN PRESS

New Voice of Ukraine

Kyiv Independent

Ukraine World

InterFax Ukraine

UATV

Ukrainian Journal

Official Website of the President of Ukraine

Ukrainian Ministry of Defense

Save these links. I can't post all the headlines like I've done in the past - too much news and too often.
View Quote

Please @ me with additional stuff to be added here. I don't currently have time to properly curate this thread otherwise.

New news link c/o berettaguy:

Ukrainian Pravda
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/

Stop fake, anti - disinformation site:
https://www.stopfake.org/en/main/
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:25:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I’ll let you know when I’m there in 2 weeks. Serious. RUSSIA ain’t getting through there, maybe around it temporarily but they will not control it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:26:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

Isn't that what you wanted?
View Quote

Nope.  Playing Switzerland.  MYOB policy.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:26:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Riter:
Anybody else hear that Azov surrendered and Maripol (sp) steel factory is in Russian hands?
View Quote

Most of the guys surrendered under orders from Ukraine military command. A few did not. They literally had no ammo water or food. Maybe a platoon escaped or is hiding out in there.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:27:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:31:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:34:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#6]
Yesterday and today.

And before that.

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:40:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:42:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:47:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: iggy1337] [#9]
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:54:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

Dutch news reports his tone is indeed changed

'People whould  not underestimate Russia's military might, only using 1/10th of Russia's capacity. Western provided weapons not working against russian forces' + assorted warning for Ukrainians

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

'People whould  not underestimate Russia's military might, only using 1/10th of Russia's capacity. Western provided weapons not working against russian forces' + assorted warning for Ukrainians

https://theweek.com/russo-ukrainian-war/1013683/prominent-russian-military-analyst-slams-ukraine-invasion-on-state-tv

Prominent Russian military analyst slams Ukraine invasion on state TV, backpedals 2 days later

"Criticism in print is one thing," BBC News notes. "But on TV — to an audience of millions — that is another level completely. The Kremlin has gone out of its way to control the informational landscape," and "it is rare to hear such realistic analysis of events on Russian TV." On Wednesday, 60 Minutes had Khodarenok on again, and he sounded very different.

"When people talk about Ukraine acquiring the ability to counterattack, well it's a big exaggeration," Khodarenok said Wednesday afternoon. "And as concerns the actions of our supreme command, there is every reason to believe that the implementation of these plans will in the very near future give Ukraine an unpleasant surprise."

"On Monday, many found themselves wondering whether Khodarenok had been allowed to pierce the bubble of state TV's alternative reality in order to manage expectations in the 'special military operation,'" BBC News reports. "But narratives are tightly controlled by the Kremlin, and to backpedal so soon surely suggests that the colonel has been reined back in."

Khodarenok "seems to have changed his tune since yesterday," Hertling agreed, but when he talks about "how Russian artillery is hitting Ukraine's new M777 [howitzers]," Khodarenok is "full of BS," and he "should go back to stating how bad Russia is doing in this war, and not propagandizing the poor effects of Russian artillery against Ukraine."

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:56:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:56:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By gentlemanfarmer:
I’ll let you know when I’m there in 2 weeks. Serious. RUSSIA ain’t getting through there, maybe around it temporarily but they will not control it.
View Quote

Good hunting.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:58:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:00:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:04:49 AM EDT
[#15]

'People whould  not underestimate Russia's military might, only using 1/10th of Russia's capacity. Western provided weapons not working against russian forces, Russian weapons reliable and stronk' + assorted warning for Ukrainians

English translation in vid. Dunno if just sad or evil
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Billy_Ringo:
Originally Posted By Capta:

He doesn’t have the stroke.  However, the same guy was just allowed to say publicly on Solovyov (the main Russian political talk show) that Russia was basically in deep shit.  He calmly stood his ground against the clowns on the show and provided a professional and clear-eyed evaluation of their situation - at least insofar as the questions that were posed.  Very much worth a watch to see what intelligent Russians probably think, as well as what the idiots who are actually running the country think.  I have tried not to watch any Solovyov because I knew it would piss me off, and that proved to be the case.  Fucking morons and clowns are destroying their own country while they try to destroy Ukraine.
https://twitter.com/BBCSteveR/status/1526329765065539592?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1526329765065539592%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.polskieradio.pl%2F395%2F9766%2FArtykul%2F2960633Kremlin-prepares-Russians-for-defeat-in-Ukraine-report

Would be interesting to see if this talk show commentator is still on the air and, if so, has his tone changed.  Whether they shut him up, took him off air, killed him or allowed him to continue to talk freely would be quite telling.  If they allow him to continue that signals a big change in Russian posturing, huge change.

'People whould  not underestimate Russia's military might, only using 1/10th of Russia's capacity. Western provided weapons not working against russian forces, Russian weapons reliable and stronk' + assorted warning for Ukrainians

English translation in vid. Dunno if just sad or evil

Obviously he got his cock slapped
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:11:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Gunslinger808:

If I had seen that any time after February of this year I might have thought it was a T72 turret.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gunslinger808:
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

I, by some amazing chance of deciding to walk the dog when I did, managed to see Kosmos-2551 re-enter after failure back in October.

One of the most spectacular things I've seen in the night sky! Looked like something right out of a movie. Thanks Putin!

If I had seen that any time after February of this year I might have thought it was a T72 turret.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:13:23 AM EDT
[#17]

https://life.ru/p/1495627
Lavrov said that Russia's fears about the West's plans for Ukraine were fully confirmed.

According to the minister, the intentions of European countries were literally "exposed" during the special operation. Lavrov reminded his Malian counterpart of what has been happening in Ukraine over the past eight years, as well as Kiev's refusal to comply with the UN Security Council resolution on the settlement in the Donbass. All the tasks set by Russian President Vladimir Putin will be fulfilled. We are talking about protecting ukrainian civilians, primarily in the Donbass, and preventing the creation of direct threats to Russia's security in Ukraine, the minister added.

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:20:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Turret gets launched..
(Telegram)

https://t.me/LastBP/9315
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:20:40 AM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

Through what? Control what?
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:27:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GunGuyMP] [#20]
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:35:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MNGearhead] [#21]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

Not sure where, but I pray gentlemanfarmer has a bountiful harvest.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:42:18 AM EDT
[#22]
You can't make this stuff up:

Russians fortify using bagged ammonium nitrate instead of sandbags.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:45:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Prime:
View Quote

The last three fighters! The war is finished! Run awayyyyyyyyyyy!

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:51:25 AM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

We caught 2 people in the woods, obviously this means the entire Ukrainian army is falling apart

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:51:55 AM EDT
[#25]

I, by some amazing chance of deciding to walk the dog when I did, managed to see Kosmos-2551 re-enter after failure back in October.

One of the most spectacular things I've seen in the night sky! Looked like something right out of a movie. Thanks Putin!

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sq40:
Originally Posted By Jack67:
Recently launched Russian military satellite suddenly imitates a rock, falls to earth.

It was in an apparently stable orbit for a month until it just nosed over and died. ???

https://thebarentsobserver.com/en/security/2022/05/military-satellite-marked-z-launched-north-russian-cosmodrome-plesetsk-lost

Those Ruskies just have the worst luck.  First they forgot to bring gas cans with them on the way to Kyiv and had to turn around. Then that unfortunate kitchen fire that was totally an accident on the Muscova.  Then someone forgot the drain pug on the Makarov…  now their shiny new spy satellite got homesick and try to venture back to the cosmodrome.

You are a lucky man!

I was driving late one night and caught what I assumed to be a satellite burn up.  It was slow, lots of bright green flames, with blue sparks flying off.  It was so spectacular.

Hopefully more Russian sats fall out of the sky so we can get a show.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:53:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
More shoddy workmanship, drinking on the job and paying off the Putin mafia
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
Originally Posted By sq40:
Recently launched Russian military satellite suddenly imitates a rock, falls to earth.

It was in an apparently stable orbit for a month until it just nosed over and died. ???

https://thebarentsobserver.com/en/security/2022/05/military-satellite-marked-z-launched-north-russian-cosmodrome-plesetsk-lost

Those Ruskies just have the worst luck.  First they forgot to bring gas cans with them on the way to Kyiv and had to turn around. Then that unfortunate kitchen fire that was totally an accident on the Muscova.  Then someone forgot the drain pug on the Makarov  now their shiny new spy satellite got homesick and try to venture back to the cosmodrome.

More shoddy workmanship, drinking on the job and paying off the Putin mafia

It's fascinating the history of that thing, typical Russian arrogance.   It's was a Russian military communications satellite that usually they and everyone else are supposed to de orbit when their satellites fail.  Russa claimed they didn't have to do such a thing and it stayed dead but in a congested space highway so to speak.  It couldn't move anyways because they didn't put any thrusters on it to allow it to change orbit.   It eventually collided with an Iridium comms satellite creating large amounts of orbital debris before re entry.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:53:59 AM EDT
[#27]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/556465/ammo_jpg-2390298.JPG
View Quote

Did they wet it down with some diesel?
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:55:54 AM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

If we can just load those guys up with APKWS rockets, have them loft them as they like to do, and have a drone downrange with a laser designator, there'd be one helluva fireworks show as the group of rockets homes on a single target.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:59:06 AM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Of all the things to pick for a berm to keep you safer from incoming projectiles and explosives I think prilled AN is about the lowest thing on the list.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:59:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

If we can just load those guys up with APKWS rockets, have them loft them as they like to do, and have a drone downrange with a laser designator, there'd be one helluva fireworks show as the group of rockets homes on a single target.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

The TTP for employment has to change a bit since you have deconflict PRF codes and concerns with battlefield obscurants requires a slower rate of fire.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:02:29 AM EDT
[#31]

Anyone seen a translation?
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:04:34 AM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

*scratches note on notepad*   Design a missile that has microphones that can home in on Russian patriotic music.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:06:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#33]
View Quote

Regardless, do be careful and stay safe gentlemanfarmer, prayers for you and who you are with.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:06:40 AM EDT
[#34]

View Quote
Stupid crazy to use that stuff and something valuable to recover
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:07:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Capta:

He doesn’t have the stroke.  However, the same guy was just allowed to say publicly on Solovyov (the main Russian political talk show) that Russia was basically in deep shit.  He calmly stood his ground against the clowns on the show and provided a professional and clear-eyed evaluation of their situation - at least insofar as the questions that were posed.  Very much worth a watch to see what intelligent Russians probably think, as well as what the idiots who are actually running the country think.  I have tried not to watch any Solovyov because I knew it would piss me off, and that proved to be the case.  Fucking morons and clowns are destroying their own country while they try to destroy Ukraine.
https://twitter.com/BBCSteveR/status/1526329765065539592?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1526329765065539592%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.polskieradio.pl%2F395%2F9766%2FArtykul%2F2960633Kremlin-prepares-Russians-for-defeat-in-Ukraine-report
View Quote

Literally the same can be said about Americans…we are closing in idiotic Russian mantra here too thanks to CNN and FoxNews.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:12:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By GunGuyMP:
View Quote

Those Ukrainian drones aren't afraid to get close and zoom in for battle damage assessment that's for sure.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:16:53 AM EDT
[#37]
"NATO continues to strengthen on the eastern flank: France deploys Mamba anti-aircraft missile systems in Romania

Mamba is a sophisticated weapons system that can be used to protect the forces deployed in its area.
At the same time, a command post of coordination and air defense was launched in Romania."

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:19:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Dracster:
"NATO continues to strengthen on the eastern flank: France deploys Mamba anti-aircraft missile systems in Romania

Mamba is a sophisticated weapons system that can be used to protect the forces deployed in its area.
At the same time, a command post of coordination and air defense was launched in Romania."

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-20_00-46-11_jpg-2390323.JPG

View Quote

I hope the world has learned their lesson now about what to expect from russia in the future.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:19:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#39]
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:22:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:23:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:23:39 AM EDT
[#42]
"Russian military equipment, which was transported to Ukraine for the war, overturned in Crimea

One soldier was reported killed"

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:26:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Posted by Prime earlier, but the Reddit guys have said this is a Russian backed LPR T-64 getting hit by Ukrainian artillery in Rubizhne.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/uts1zs/russianbacked_lpr_t64_tank_coming_under_ukrainian/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:31:32 AM EDT
[#44]

Landslide, or passed out at the wheel?
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:32:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Ukrainian 63rd separate motorized hitting Russian equipment, take note of the drone when it zooms out and how far away it actually is from the action.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/utovkg/footage_of_the_ukrainian_63rd_separate_mechanized/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:34:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#46]
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:38:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#47]
Russians claiming that the 36th Commander surrendered at Azovstal.
https://t.me/GrafinyaNegoduet/125

ETA- Mind you, they said the same about "Kalina"
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:40:32 AM EDT
[#48]
Look, more Russian equipment "underperforming."

The Kremlin's most advanced missile systems are not operating effectively in Russia's conflict with Ukraine, U.S. Northern Command chief Air Force Gen. Glen VanHerck said Wednesday before the Senate Armed Services strategic forces subcommittee.

The Russians have "had challenges with some of their hypersonic missiles as far as accuracy." He judged the missiles were "underperforming."

Despite Russia's overall inaccuracy in firing all of its missiles, John Plumb, the assistant secretary of defense for space policy, said "the sobering reality" is that the estimated 1,500 missiles Russia has fired since the Feb. 24 invasion targeted Ukrainian civilians.

The witnesses agreed it was the largest employment of missile systems since World War II.

As the fighting in Ukraine has evolved, Army Lt. Gen. Daniel Karbler said Kyiv needs offensive and defensive missile systems for a layered defense and to stymie maneuvers on the ground. Among the systems he mentioned were Patriot, Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) and specialized mortars.

Noting the "threat only gets worse" in the Indo-Pacific, Sen. Deborah Fischer (R-Neb.), pressed the witnesses on how ready Guam's defenses are against ballistic and cruise missile attacks from North Korea and/or China.

Plumb said, "Guam is unequivocally part of the homeland" and will be defended as such. The Pacific island territory hosts support facilities for the Navy and an airbase capable of sustaining long-range strategic bombers.

Vice Adm. John Hill, the director of the Missile Defense Agency, said that for Guam the Pentagon is "leveraging mature systems," with an emphasis on mobility for its missile batteries and command and control. To provide more advanced warning, he said "a ship [Aegis destroyer] is stationed up forward."

"We did look at a number of fixed sites" for the missile defense systems and command and control, but the island's mountainous terrain would limit Aegis Ashore's effectiveness, Hill said. At a budget briefing in March, he said, "you will see a heavy interest in mobile  mobile launchers, so when we talk about distributed systems, it is about being as mobile as possible, so you're going to see a distributed system that is mobile."

THAAD and Patriot systems are already in place.

Kabler added that the Army field tested Israel's Iron Dome system, but ultimately rejected it because it didn't meet the requirement.

About $900 million has been requested for Fiscal Year 2023 to integrate and expand missile defense systems from the Missile Defense Agency, the Army and the Navy on Guam. he agency's overall budget request is for $9.6 billion.

At the budget briefing, Hill said, "The architecture on Guam will be a mix  so think of that as MDA systems, Army systems, and Navy systems. It will not be an Aegis Ashore. Think of it as a distributed system because we do  we're going to respond to the number one requirement of 360-degree coverage against ballistic, cruise and hypersonic threats."

Hill added at the briefing, "I think that what we do on Guam will inform what we do for cruise missile defense of the homeland. For example, we are using existing sensor technology. We're going to tie in through command-and-control battle management into space assets and other sensing capability."

On hypersonic threats, Sen. Angus King (I-Maine), the chairman of the subcommittee, said at the hearing that he wanted "a sense of urgency" from the Pentagon on what it's doing in that area.

Hill said, "we're not starting at zero." Today, the best defense against the threat is sea-based, but he said "terminal [defense] is not enough" as the threat evolves. He said this year's budget requests investment funds for the Glide Phase Interceptor to address the threat from China and Russia.

"We're moving towards a demo" over the next few years. Earlier, he told the House Armed Services Committee the agency is moving closer to deciding which of the three contractors bidding on the work can proceed.

In his prepared testimony, Hill noted that "in FY 2023, MDA will continue to develop and plan a GPI demonstration and leverage the Aegis Weapon System to provide the U.S. Warfighter increasingly capable regional defensive capabilities."
View Quote

Russian Hypersonic Missiles Underperforming in Ukraine Conflict, NORTHCOM Says
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:41:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Riter] [#49]

Most of the guys surrendered under orders from Ukraine military command. A few did not. They literally had no ammo water or food. Maybe a platoon escaped or is hiding out in there.
View Quote

I would not be surprised if there's a few holdouts or survivors who got away.   Even one German got out of Stalingrad and made it back to German lines (but he was shortly thereafter killed by a mortar shell).
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:43:49 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By zach_:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By zach_:

Load shifted or too fast around that curve.

Does this get added to the days tally or is it a freebie?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5589
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top