Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5585
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 10/27/2021 8:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer]
It says it's been moved, but the link just takes me to the Community page. What gives?

This is now the active "shit (might be) is definitely happening in Ukraine" thread.

News links, thanks to BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
LINKS TO UKRAINIAN NEWS SOURCES IN ENGLISH

Kyiv Post

Ukrainian News

UKRInform

EUROMAIDEN PRESS

New Voice of Ukraine

Kyiv Independent

Ukraine World

InterFax Ukraine

UATV

Ukrainian Journal

Official Website of the President of Ukraine

Ukrainian Ministry of Defense

Save these links. I can't post all the headlines like I've done in the past - too much news and too often.
View Quote

Please @ me with additional stuff to be added here. I don't currently have time to properly curate this thread otherwise.

New news link c/o berettaguy:

Ukrainian Pravda
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/

Stop fake, anti - disinformation site:
https://www.stopfake.org/en/main/
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 9:48:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By kbi:

a lil .50cal action
View Quote
Mmmm, those aren't cheap strings either. API with API-T.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 9:50:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 9:52:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Capta:

The unfortunate consequences of this war will be nuclear proliferation and nuclear war at some scale.  Probably India/Pakistan, if Russia doesn’t pop them off first.
Otherwise, “a global mechanism to stop wars” sounds suspiciously like the totalitarian one-world government that we have been lurching toward for 75 years.  That will be far, far worse than sporadic regional wars.
The best mechanism to control wars is to destory/outlaw central banking throughout the world.  Central control over currency and economic policy is behind almost all our ills since the late 19th century.
View Quote

Was just reading something about some dudes who have a plan to stop global wars, cept for economic/political manipulation.  It doesn't turnout too good for most people if the world.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 9:58:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By kbi:

a lil .50cal action
View Quote

I’d pay good money to see Ma Deuce working over a Russian BTR or truck.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 10:02:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By rca2222:

The US isn't going to be feeling the shortage of food, but the third world certainly will. Look up where the various countries in Africa and elsewhere get the grain they depend upon. You'll find that there are a large group of countries that rely on Russia and Ukraine, and a the moment it doesn't look like they'll be getting any from either of them.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/176088/INTERACTIVE-Russian-and-Ukranian-wheat-e-2389758.JPG
View Quote

Any chance we'll "spread the wealth"?
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 10:06:46 PM EDT
[#6]

I really found the depth of some of his insights shocking.  For example - he predicted we would enact “Lend-Lease” again.  Not just that we would “send military aid”.  This shows he has both historical knowledge, and also understands the context of Lend-Lease as it would be perceived in the west - i.e. an all-out fight against totalitarianism, good vs evil, and so on.  It was unspoken, but one has to remember that ultimately Lend-Lease was followed by direct intervention.  IMO It’s an extraordinary and pertinent insight.
I found it both hopeful and sad.  Hopeful because he appears to be a learned professional, a reasonable man, and a patriot.  I think in the current climate we need to be reminded that there are such men in Russia.  It will take men like this (with a lot more power) to save their country from the maniacs running it now.  Sad, because it’s clear that a lot of people who should know better allowed themselves to be duped/bribed/coerced/propagandized into an insane groupthink pushed by Putin and his cronies.  When the war ends shit will come out that will make Russia a pariah for generations, which a lot of Russians probably don’t deserve.  And that’s if they don’t start WW3.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Article was posted on 2/3/22.  The article in fact refers to the sanctions as an indicator that Russia would face a west far more quickly united than Russia thought possible.  It is 100% clear that Russian military/political circles were willfully ignorant of the realities of Ukraine, the west, and their own capabilities, and determined that an invasion was going to happen and would be a cake walk.  Total clusterfuck on their part.
Author concludes that “war with Ukraine is fundamentally against Russia’s national interests.”

That was a very good article even AFTER the invasion. But considering it was before, from a Russian...amazing. iirc it got everything correct.

I really found the depth of some of his insights shocking.  For example - he predicted we would enact “Lend-Lease” again.  Not just that we would “send military aid”.  This shows he has both historical knowledge, and also understands the context of Lend-Lease as it would be perceived in the west - i.e. an all-out fight against totalitarianism, good vs evil, and so on.  It was unspoken, but one has to remember that ultimately Lend-Lease was followed by direct intervention.  IMO It’s an extraordinary and pertinent insight.
I found it both hopeful and sad.  Hopeful because he appears to be a learned professional, a reasonable man, and a patriot.  I think in the current climate we need to be reminded that there are such men in Russia.  It will take men like this (with a lot more power) to save their country from the maniacs running it now.  Sad, because it’s clear that a lot of people who should know better allowed themselves to be duped/bribed/coerced/propagandized into an insane groupthink pushed by Putin and his cronies.  When the war ends shit will come out that will make Russia a pariah for generations, which a lot of Russians probably don’t deserve.  And that’s if they don’t start WW3.

Sounds like a good Putin replacement.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 10:08:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I just heard a Russian talking head say that Ukraine is doing well because they are a Russian trained army using Russian doctrine.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 10:10:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By sq40:
I just heard a Russian talking head say that Ukraine is doing well because they are a Russian trained army using Russian doctrine.
View Quote

So Russia is doing poorly because….?

The universal ability to deflect blame is truly something to marvel and weep at.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 10:11:07 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

Against……..the Russian army….
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 10:13:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By kncook:

Against……..the Russian army….
View Quote

"Stupid bumpkin khokols.  Subhuman ukrainian scum.  We'll stomp them in 7 minutes, flat!"

3 months later

"See, the reason we're in month 3 of a 7 minute war is that these are crafty Russians.  As good as us!"
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 10:17:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Eat_Beef:

Lol, I agree we should abolish central banks, but yeah, there were no wars before that...
View Quote

Central banking made total war possible with the full resources of a nation plus extracting even more money through the inflation tax and indebting future generations.  And it is all done in a way that the average person does not perceive as taxation.  Inflation “just happens.”
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 10:34:19 PM EDT
[#12]

Central banking made total war possible with the full resources of a nation plus extracting even more money through the inflation tax and indebting future generations.  And it is all done in a way that the average person does not perceive as taxation.  Inflation “just happens.”
View All Quotes

Lol, I agree we should abolish central banks, but yeah, there were no wars before that...

No no.

Industrial revolution allowed more than two battles to occur before the countries economies collapsed.

The agricultural revolution allowed for less than 98%  the population to be subsistence farming so population exploded.  This also allowed more than 2 battles to occur before the entire nation was on the verge of starvation.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 10:37:13 PM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Article was posted on 2/3/22.  The article in fact refers to the sanctions as an indicator that Russia would face a west far more quickly united than Russia thought possible.  It is 100% clear that Russian military/political circles were willfully ignorant of the realities of Ukraine, the west, and their own capabilities, and determined that an invasion was going to happen and would be a cake walk.  Total clusterfuck on their part.
Author concludes that “war with Ukraine is fundamentally against Russia’s national interests.”

That was a very good article even AFTER the invasion. But considering it was before, from a Russian...amazing. iirc it got everything correct.

He doesn’t have the stroke.  However, the same guy was just allowed to say publicly on Solovyov (the main Russian political talk show) that Russia was basically in deep shit.  He calmly stood his ground against the clowns on the show and provided a professional and clear-eyed evaluation of their situation - at least insofar as the questions that were posed.  Very much worth a watch to see what intelligent Russians probably think, as well as what the idiots who are actually running the country think.  I have tried not to watch any Solovyov because I knew it would piss me off, and that proved to be the case.  Fucking morons and clowns are destroying their own country while they try to destroy Ukraine.
https://twitter.com/BBCSteveR/status/1526329765065539592?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1526329765065539592%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.polskieradio.pl%2F395%2F9766%2FArtykul%2F2960633Kremlin-prepares-Russians-for-defeat-in-Ukraine-report
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 10:46:03 PM EDT
[#14]

Author concludes that "war with Ukraine is fundamentally against Russia's national interests."
View All Quotes

I still believe that he didn't actually want to invade, regardless of all of his bluster. He wanted to win through intimidation without firing a shot in Ukraine. He no longer believed that he could invade Poland and the Baltics than I believe I could have a dirty weekend with Jennifer Aniston.

Completely untrue  I posted an article written before the invasion by a Russian defense analyst.  He predicted the entire course of the war and gave insight into Russia's jingoism and total lack of critical thought regarding Ukraine.  Summing it up, Russia thought that the invasion would be a walkover.  Yes, they intended to invade and take over the whole country.  They thought it would be over in hours if not (ridiculously) minutes.  A lot of people on both sides are paying for their stupidity.

Was that article before all of the sanctions and promises of military equipment? It was going to be an obvious shitshow for Russia before they ever stepped over the border.

Author concludes that "war with Ukraine is fundamentally against Russia's national interests."

United on weapons, but sanctions have more of a degree of being a paper tiger than most people realize.  Swiss traders are handling Russia exports of commodities through paper and retitling to get around sanctions. Germany gas buyers have opened Ruble accounts and I believe have already started paying in "Rubles".  They really pay Putin's national bank in Euros, which converts to rubles at an exchange rate that Putin sets.

Then there is Erogshit in Turkey, complaining about Sweden (and Finland) for accepting Kurdish refugees.  All the while, he is hosting Hamas in Turkey.  Two-faced, total shit bag.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 10:46:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: weptek911] [#15]
Never mind, I was trying to clean up the twitter link and failed
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 10:49:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Prime:
[karenvoice]Not approved crowd control, sir. [/karenvoice]
View Quote

Shooting at the ground to make noise is no different than shooting into the air to make noise. Nobody shot at civilians.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 11:11:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 11:12:56 PM EDT
[#18]

Those Ruskies just have the worst luck.  First they forgot to bring gas cans with them on the way to Kyiv and had to turn around. Then that unfortunate kitchen fire that was totally an accident on the Muscova.  Then someone forgot the drain pug on the Makarov…  now their shiny new spy satellite got homesick and try to venture back to the cosmodrome.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jack67:
Recently launched Russian military satellite suddenly imitates a rock, falls to earth.

It was in an apparently stable orbit for a month until it just nosed over and died. ???

https://thebarentsobserver.com/en/security/2022/05/military-satellite-marked-z-launched-north-russian-cosmodrome-plesetsk-lost

Those Ruskies just have the worst luck.  First they forgot to bring gas cans with them on the way to Kyiv and had to turn around. Then that unfortunate kitchen fire that was totally an accident on the Muscova.  Then someone forgot the drain pug on the Makarov…  now their shiny new spy satellite got homesick and try to venture back to the cosmodrome.

I, by some amazing chance of deciding to walk the dog when I did, managed to see Kosmos-2551 re-enter after failure back in October.

One of the most spectacular things I've seen in the night sky! Looked like something right out of a movie. Thanks Putin!

Link Posted: 5/19/2022 11:19:40 PM EDT
[#19]
So slovansk is turbo fucked isn't it?  Russia is going to surround that city and.just she'll it into oblivion.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 11:33:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By 74HC:
...Then there is Erogshit in Turkey, complaining about Sweden (and Finland) for accepting Kurdish refugees.  All the while, he is hosting Hamas in Turkey.  Two-faced, total shit bag.
View Quote

No, for allowing PKK to organize in the once-manly Viking countries. Which they do. And the PKK has been a US designated terrorist organization since the '90s.

I hate Turkey in general, Erdogan in particular. But he has a point on this one.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 11:34:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By stgdz:
So slovansk is turbo fucked isn't it?  Russia is going to surround that city and.just she'll it into oblivion.
View Quote

Eh. The war has been there before. Russia can’t sustain this for long.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 11:52:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#22]

Thanks for the condescending prose.  

You said, "The best mechanism to control wars is to destory/outlaw central banking throughout the world."  Now you're talking about "total war", because there was never one of those without a central bank, inflation, or indebtedness, going back several thousand years.

I won't further derail the thread pointing out that your statement was retarded.
View Quote

We can certainly agree to disagree.
1987 was a very good year!
https://youtu.be/PJUdPsmN81Q
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 11:54:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Anybody else hear that Azov surrendered and Maripol (sp) steel factory is in Russian hands?
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 12:00:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Riter:
Anybody else hear that Azov surrendered and Maripol (sp) steel factory is in Russian hands?
View Quote

Isn't that what you wanted?
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 12:00:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:
Originally Posted By stgdz:

They won't want to "Mariupol" Slovanisk. Loss of the railway will mean having to move the refit area in Russia much further south. It's also going to put Donetsk in question at that point. Going to be kinda hard to claim any sort of victory after they start losing ground they had BEFORE this shit.

I look forward to the State TV spin on it anyway... "The area had bad Feng Shui and was causing our men to fight poorly. We've moved further south to clear our chakras."
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 12:33:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

I, by some amazing chance of deciding to walk the dog when I did, managed to see Kosmos-2551 re-enter after failure back in October.

One of the most spectacular things I've seen in the night sky! Looked like something right out of a movie. Thanks Putin!

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jack67:
Recently launched Russian military satellite suddenly imitates a rock, falls to earth.

It was in an apparently stable orbit for a month until it just nosed over and died. ???

https://thebarentsobserver.com/en/security/2022/05/military-satellite-marked-z-launched-north-russian-cosmodrome-plesetsk-lost

Those Ruskies just have the worst luck.  First they forgot to bring gas cans with them on the way to Kyiv and had to turn around. Then that unfortunate kitchen fire that was totally an accident on the Muscova.  Then someone forgot the drain pug on the Makarov  now their shiny new spy satellite got homesick and try to venture back to the cosmodrome.

More shoddy workmanship, drinking on the job and paying off the Putin mafia
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 12:35:08 AM EDT
[#27]
BMP getting blown to smithereens:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/utbi3q/may_2022_ukraine_ukrainian_24th_mechanized/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 1:02:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack67] [#28]

View Quote

Until the 19th century, Prussia and France had zero problem engaging in crippling wars without a central bank.  Private banks were more than happy to rely on the sovereignty and taxing ability of the states to fund as much war as anyone desired.  In fact, the first true “world war” - the Seven Year’s War, ran fine w/o a central bank for all combatants.

Central banks may make thinks easier, but they are by no means a requirement.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 1:52:32 AM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

If I had seen that any time after February of this year I might have thought it was a T72 turret.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 3:21:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

Needs connections to attach a streaming device.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dracster:
Originally Posted By thehun06:

Those Stugnas will sell like hot cakes after Ukraine finishes the Ruskies off!

Needs connections to attach a streaming device.

And some sort of Y harness so they can have two missiles set up on tripods for quick succession shots, without having the reload bump the tripod and get the camera off the target(s) - especially while the gunner is trying to guide his first shot
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 4:59:41 AM EDT
[#31]

On the roads of the Tver region, the authorities began to hang portraits of young soldiers killed in Ukraine.

Today, United Russia proposes to abolish the upper age limit for contract military service.

Photo: “Close Tver behind me”

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 5:12:24 AM EDT
[#32]
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-05-19/arconic-to-sell-russian-operations-take-500-million-charge

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 5:14:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 5:17:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Longer version of earlier Piorun footage.

Multiple presentation of Polish-made MANPADS "Perun" (PPZR Piorun), which is capable of shooting down drones. Now such a thing is in service with the Ukrainian army.

The range of defeat surpasses all analogues and is 6.4 km. The height of the defeat is up to 4 km.

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 5:19:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Our military destroyed a Russian tank and jeep in Luhansk region.

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 5:27:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#36]
Shooting and explosions at Azovstal
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 5:34:19 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 5:45:41 AM EDT
[#38]
The Ukrainians are definitely cat people...

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 6:05:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WoodHeat] [#39]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

View All Quotes

The US isn't going to be feeling the shortage of food, but the third world certainly will. Look up where the various countries in Africa and elsewhere get the grain they depend upon. You'll find that there are a large group of countries that rely on Russia and Ukraine, and a the moment it doesn't look like they'll be getting any from either of them.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/176088/INTERACTIVE-Russian-and-Ukranian-wheat-e-2389758.JPG

We have in the past, and we will almost certainly try again, but the coming grain shortage will likely be beyond our capacity to offset.

eta: It will be interesting to see what happens with sanctions when people start getting hungry in the third world due to lack of grain and fertilizer. I doubt that many western politicians will have the stomach to keep the related sanctions in place.

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 6:11:45 AM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

Unusual (to me) sniper rifle towards the end of the video.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 6:20:33 AM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

Absolutely along with baby formula & diesel potato will start sending 1/2 our food supply!
So at what point do the producer’s say America first or are they all in the swamp too?
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 6:21:18 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Tomislav:

So Russia is doing poorly because….?

The universal ability to deflect blame is truly something to marvel and weep at.
View Quote

Homeland advantage.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 6:23:18 AM EDT
[#43]
⚡️Ukrainian ambassador says he has impression that Scholz doesn’t want to supply heavy weapons to Ukraine.

In an interview with German RND media, Andriy Melnyk, Ukraine’s ambassador to Germany, criticized German Chancellor Olaf Scholz for his unwillingness to send heavy weapons to Ukraine even though the German parliament approved the decision three weeks ago. Melnyk says that Scholz is likely “stalling for time” and waiting for a ceasefire in Ukraine when “there would no longer be any need for courageous decisions.”

Telegram Link
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 6:45:44 AM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

Are these supposed to motivate people to the glory of joining the army or are they put up by people sad their friends and relatives are dead?
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:18:06 AM EDT
[#45]

He doesn’t have the stroke.  However, the same guy was just allowed to say publicly on Solovyov (the main Russian political talk show) that Russia was basically in deep shit.  He calmly stood his ground against the clowns on the show and provided a professional and clear-eyed evaluation of their situation - at least insofar as the questions that were posed.  Very much worth a watch to see what intelligent Russians probably think, as well as what the idiots who are actually running the country think.  I have tried not to watch any Solovyov because I knew it would piss me off, and that proved to be the case.  Fucking morons and clowns are destroying their own country while they try to destroy Ukraine.
https://twitter.com/BBCSteveR/status/1526329765065539592?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1526329765065539592%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.polskieradio.pl%2F395%2F9766%2FArtykul%2F2960633Kremlin-prepares-Russians-for-defeat-in-Ukraine-report
View Quote

Would be interesting to see if this talk show commentator is still on the air and, if so, has his tone changed.  Whether they shut him up, took him off air, killed him or allowed him to continue to talk freely would be quite telling.  If they allow him to continue that signals a big change in Russian posturing, huge change.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:18:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:18:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SoCalExile] [#47]

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:19:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:23:01 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:24:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5585
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top