Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5589
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 10/27/2021 8:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer]
It says it's been moved, but the link just takes me to the Community page. What gives?

This is now the active "shit (might be) is definitely happening in Ukraine" thread.

News links, thanks to BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
LINKS TO UKRAINIAN NEWS SOURCES IN ENGLISH

Kyiv Post

Ukrainian News

UKRInform

EUROMAIDEN PRESS

New Voice of Ukraine

Kyiv Independent

Ukraine World

InterFax Ukraine

UATV

Ukrainian Journal

Official Website of the President of Ukraine

Ukrainian Ministry of Defense

Save these links. I can't post all the headlines like I've done in the past - too much news and too often.
View Quote

Please @ me with additional stuff to be added here. I don't currently have time to properly curate this thread otherwise.

New news link c/o berettaguy:

Ukrainian Pravda
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/

Stop fake, anti - disinformation site:
https://www.stopfake.org/en/main/
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 5:43:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zam18th] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

Damn. He's going to have to take a knee and drink a lot of water to recover from that one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Ukraine toy drone from 59th Brigade drops grenade into Russian trench.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/uoyv7u/ukraines_59th_brigade_filmed_this_grenade_drop/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb

Damn. He's going to have to take a knee and drink a lot of water to recover from that one.

How do you say motrin in Russian?

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 5:46:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 5:48:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

Zigged when he should have zagged.
View Quote

Sometimes it all just boils down to which trench you decide to run down.  He chose poorly.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 5:48:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dillydilly] [#4]
Nvm
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 5:50:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Belgorod getting shelled:
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 5:51:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:

How do you say motrin in Russian?

View Quote

cyka blyat
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 5:53:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
View Quote

Damn. She sounded scared.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 5:53:23 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

So a Russian town getting shelled?
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 5:55:09 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

I kinda feel bad for them. But I kinda dont.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 5:57:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By burnka871:

View Quote

I ain’t gonna lie. I kind of laughed a little. Oops.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 5:58:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By burnka871:

View Quote

Bet you the Russians don't like war too much when it is on their doorstep.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 5:59:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

We finally got the OK to transfer a Blue Spear unit.

For those unaware it's an anti-ship missile with a ~175 mile range.

View Quote

"the pending war"

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 6:00:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By 2tired2run:

We should keep this Russian tactic in mind next time Mexico or other central/South American shit hole bitches about "their citizens" on US soil and return them post haste.  

View Quote

It’s all crazy - what about the Chinese citizens in Siberia. China will be best friends for awhile but how about 20 years from now? Or all the Muslims in Europe - isis just protecting the oppressed? Chinese communities in Canada, Australia and Malaysia. But then you have people like this
Can You Identify As Transracial? | Would You Rather | Channel 4
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 6:03:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:
From Russian state media...

The State Duma Proposed To Put Poland In Line For Denazification

"Deputy Morozov: the words of the Polish authorities encourage her to be put in line for denazification"
View Quote

Either Russia is retarded, or they know something we don't. Saying you're gonna go after Poland when you can't even take Ukraine is.   ...
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 6:05:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Polish Milkor style 40mm 6 guns have been sent:

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 6:06:04 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

I think Ukraine wins public opinion by staying defensive but it's not like Russia shouldn't feel pain or fear. Their sons are shelling apartments, schools and hospitals.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 6:06:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:

The spin I’m hearing is the Russians didn’t take Kiev because it was a diversionary tactic and they have no intention of taking over all of Ukraine only in securing protection for the Russian speaking population that Ukraine was harming. We’ll if I take them at their words. That means their changing license plates, changing money and considering annexing Kherson isn’t all they intend to do. Odessa appears to be on their wish list https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2022/05/11/ukraine-russia-invasion-live-updates/9725457002/https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/3770F1B6-6C1C-4506-9822-9E5A59C23B0A_jpe-2382384.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/1DD72D6D-EE69-4170-9734-C223ED0E64FB_png-2382385.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/DF748B42-E2A8-4F53-9DD8-6B08D3AC6C4A_jpe-2382388.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/0E73D3F4-BF3C-410A-843F-0873EDE3BE23_jpe-2382398.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:
Originally Posted By iggy1337:
Let the bullshit flow.
Russia was not lying when they said they wouldn't invade.
Whole operation proceeding in full accordance with Putin's plan.
Could have easily taken whole Ukraine if Russia but because they are soft and caring (ulinke the US) it takes a bit longer.
No civillians attacked, but Ukrain is shooting it's own civillians to provoke Russia.
Finland not stronk, is but backwater for Russia.

For the rest complaining about Western weapons being sent to Ukraine prolonging the conflict.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3kVR9M-Tgg

The spin I’m hearing is the Russians didn’t take Kiev because it was a diversionary tactic and they have no intention of taking over all of Ukraine only in securing protection for the Russian speaking population that Ukraine was harming. We’ll if I take them at their words. That means their changing license plates, changing money and considering annexing Kherson isn’t all they intend to do. Odessa appears to be on their wish list https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2022/05/11/ukraine-russia-invasion-live-updates/9725457002/https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/3770F1B6-6C1C-4506-9822-9E5A59C23B0A_jpe-2382384.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/1DD72D6D-EE69-4170-9734-C223ED0E64FB_png-2382385.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/DF748B42-E2A8-4F53-9DD8-6B08D3AC6C4A_jpe-2382388.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/0E73D3F4-BF3C-410A-843F-0873EDE3BE23_jpe-2382398.JPG

Is Ukrainian the official language there?  If not, it’s probably time to make it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 6:08:54 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

¡Dios mío!

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 6:09:48 PM EDT
[#19]
It has to be glaringly obvious to everyone that a breakout in Russia's rear would require some massive "Oh Fuck!" on the part of Russia.

Then again, it's just as likely some drunken asshole forgot which way west is amd shelled his own town.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 6:09:51 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

Looks like small explosions almost too small, what kind of shelling?
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 6:09:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

Either Russia is retarded, or they know something we don't. Saying you're gonna go after Poland when you can't even take Ukraine is.   ...
View Quote

Even dumber when you realize there are thousands of US troops in Poland, along with competent armor, artillery and F-35s
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 6:13:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Gunslinger808:

View All Quotes

If they're originating within UKR, my guess is 122mm D-30s.

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 6:14:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Dracster:
It must have been whistling the way they scattered, or they heard the drum beat music start.
View Quote

The orcs who don't constantly scan a clear sky checking for drones dropping grenades must have mostly been weeded out, by now.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 6:15:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: THOT_Vaccine] [#24]

View All Quotes

It also wasn't moving very fast and made it into a couple of video frames before the kaboom.

... Maybe something drone dropped or a couple of 40mm grenades?

- Edit -
Smerch bomblets probably
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 6:15:44 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes
From Russian state media...

The State Duma Proposed To Put Poland In Line For Denazification

"Deputy Morozov: the words of the Polish authorities encourage her to be put in line for denazification"

They’ve been very up front from the beginning that they aren’t stopping at Ukraine.  All depends on how far Putin is willing to go to salvage his ego, and how far will the Russian elites let him go?
Their pre-war conventional army is pretty fucked up at this point, but there are signs they’re starting a stealth mobilization.
I personally think that (unless Putin is overthrown) they will nuke Ukraine and Poland.  Then their reserves and new draftees attack Poland and forces in Ukraine go on the offensive.  They will threaten an all-out release while they do this to see who blinks.
I mean, hopefully not, but Putin is taking Russia over the deep end with him.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 6:16:04 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

Kinda looked like those missles with submunitions dropping everywhere we saw around Ukraine.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 6:20:49 PM EDT
[#27]

That is completely insane to me. From a national security standpoint, this is the mother of all bargains. We spend close to a trillion every year on the defense budget and we've been presented with an opportunity to crush our sworn enemy for a fraction of that ... and at the same time standing up for a people fighting for their freedom and their lives against a genocidal enemy. What used to be a fundamental American concept.

From my point of view, complaining about the aid is complete and utter retarded insanity. It's born from an agenda desperately in search of a logical argument.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
Originally Posted By sq40:

Not taken as a callout at all man.  No worries there.
I am trying to manage my stress IRL, and taking on the hoard in GD is pretty taxing.  But I should pop in more often to drop some logic bombs.
Yea, it is taxing, and I think it's made me a lot more callous which I don't like. I don't know how many times I've gotten so pissed when I read the "F Ukraine" posters. So my immediate response wants to be GFY, but that'll probably get me banned, and it's not contributing to the lack of critical thinking the F Ukraine crowd has. But when you type a well reasoned serious response, well that's not as much fun as just slinging buzz phrases and memes at each other so they get overlooked.

I have seen posters listen though, and admit they didn't understand the whole situation, and they have my respect even if they don't view everything 100% the same as me. Probably your friend was similar.

I haven't listened to much of the talking heads on the conservative side the past two months, but from what I have between Beck and Bongino and post from Don Jr this past week, I sense more anti-Ukraine sentiment creeping up, and it's because of the aid we are sending. If they are going to make that argument, then the conversation needs to continue with "Ok, then what"? Are you comfortable with the results if we don't, or do you have other solutions you propose? Don't talk to just score hit points on the other side. Don't say well we need to secure the border instead. Yes I agree, but is FJB, FNP, and FCS going to do that right now whether what is going on in Ukraine is happening or not? No they won't, the border will be wide open no matter what, and that's a separate issue. One has no bearing on the other outside of a talking point.

That is completely insane to me. From a national security standpoint, this is the mother of all bargains. We spend close to a trillion every year on the defense budget and we've been presented with an opportunity to crush our sworn enemy for a fraction of that ... and at the same time standing up for a people fighting for their freedom and their lives against a genocidal enemy. What used to be a fundamental American concept.

From my point of view, complaining about the aid is complete and utter retarded insanity. It's born from an agenda desperately in search of a logical argument.

Anyone who is not down with the current 'Bear Trap' situation of Ukraine grinding up Russia with US hardware is retarded.

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 6:23:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

We finally got the OK to transfer a Blue Spear unit.

For those unaware it’s an anti-ship missile with a ~175 mile range.

View Quote

If they sink the remaining Tapir, the russians will be at the point of ferrying troops across the sea in those vulnerable little raptor shit boats.   And those can be taken out by Bayraktars...
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 6:26:09 PM EDT
[#29]

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/uoyv7u/ukraines_59th_brigade_filmed_this_grenade_drop/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb
View Quote

That was brutal; dude essentially ran directly into the munition.

Had he stayed where he was, or gone right instead of left, he would have been fine. Shows how much of a role dumb luck plays in survival.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 6:28:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Video,

Huge next generation cargo drones offered to the US Marine Corps.
The 'KARGO UAV' self-deploys beyond 500 nautical miles and carries up to 800 pounds of payload. via PERMANENTLY_REMOVED

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 6:28:22 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

They are convinced they're winning, so why wouldn't they?  The mentality displayed in the series Chernobyl is alive and well in totally-not-communist Russia.  "There is no problem."
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 6:33:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Capta:

They’ve been very up front from the beginning that they aren’t stopping at Ukraine.  All depends on how far Putin is willing to go to salvage his ego, and how far will the Russian elites let him go?
Their pre-war conventional army is pretty fucked up at this point, but there are signs they’re starting a stealth mobilization.
I personally think that (unless Putin is overthrown) they will nuke Ukraine and Poland.  Then their reserves and new draftees attack Poland and forces in Ukraine go on the offensive.  They will threaten an all-out release while they do this to see who blinks.
I mean, hopefully not, but Putin is taking Russia over the deep end with him.
View Quote

If Russia pops a nuke on anyone the West will respond. If they don't any nuclear armed shithole will know they have free reign.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 6:34:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Yea, it is taxing, and I think it's made me a lot more callous which I don't like. I don't know how many times I've gotten so pissed when I read the "F Ukraine" posters. So my immediate response wants to be GFY, but that'll probably get me banned, and it's not contributing to the lack of critical thinking the F Ukraine crowd has. But when you type a well reasoned serious response, well that's not as much fun as just slinging buzz phrases and memes at each other so they get overlooked.

I have seen posters listen though, and admit they didn't understand the whole situation, and they have my respect even if they don't view everything 100% the same as me. Probably your friend was similar.

I haven't listened to much of the talking heads on the conservative side the past two months, but from what I have between Beck and Bongino and post from Don Jr this past week, I sense more anti-Ukraine sentiment creeping up, and it's because of the aid we are sending. If they are going to make that argument, then the conversation needs to continue with "Ok, then what"? Are you comfortable with the results if we don't, or do you have other solutions you propose? Don't talk to just score hit points on the other side. Don't say well we need to secure the border instead. Yes I agree, but is FJB, FNP, and FCS going to do that right now whether what is going on in Ukraine is happening or not? No they won't, the border will be wide open no matter what, and that's a separate issue. One has no bearing on the other outside of a talking point.
View All Quotes

Not taken as a callout at all man.  No worries there.
I am trying to manage my stress IRL, and taking on the hoard in GD is pretty taxing.  But I should pop in more often to drop some logic bombs.

I think this is one of the issues with our ultra partisanship that is hurting us as a country.  Everything has to divided up into left vs right, no matter the issue.  Russian aggression has been an American issue that we have had to battle as a people for decades.  There obviously will be disagreement on how to proceed, but we should roughly all agree to proceed defeating Russia to the point of taking their military off the table as a threat to peace and our way of life.  

They could have changed after the cold war and became a modern nation that we could work with. But they didn’t.

They aren’t on our side either.

You know who else hates globalization, LGBT, Abortion, and the petrodollar?   The Taliban.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 6:36:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
Polish Milkor style 40mm 6 guns have been sent:

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 6:38:40 PM EDT
[#35]

I think this is one of the issues with our ultra partisanship that is hurting us as a country.  Everything has to divided up into left vs right, no matter the issue.  Russian aggression has been an American issue that we have had to battle as a people for decades.  There obviously will be disagreement on how to proceed, but we should roughly all agree to proceed defeating Russia to the point of taking their military off the table as a threat to peace and our way of life.  

They could have changed after the cold war and became a modern nation that we could work with. But they didn’t.

They aren’t on our side either.

You know who else hates globalization, LGBT, Abortion, and the petrodollar?   The Taliban.
View Quote

Also ISIS.

Been waiting for someone to rock an ISIS flag avatar.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 6:38:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m35ben] [#36]
Fuck it youtube shorts fucking suck for embeds

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/9FhRt_BmF5M
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 6:42:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

I think Ukraine wins public opinion by staying defensive but it's not like Russia shouldn't feel pain or fear. Their sons are shelling apartments, schools and hospitals.
View All Quotes

Belgorod city is a legit military target.  They are staging and reconstituting all over that place.  Dont act surprised when youre a 15 min drive from the front lines of a hostile invasion predicated on genocide.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 6:42:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

Yep. It's isn't just looting. Same reason they are stealing toilets.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stone-age:
Originally Posted By JQ66:

What?  They’re all tweeker meth addicts?
Stealing and pulling out random ICs hoping they can be used for military equipment really is desperation.

Yep. It's isn't just looting. Same reason they are stealing toilets.

They must be short of toilets for new Su-34s to replace the ones being shot down

Just a bunch of gopnik thieves

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 6:48:04 PM EDT
[#39]

Even dumber when you realize there are thousands of US troops in Poland, along with competent armor, artillery and F-35s
View All Quotes

This is what they've held back the top line troops for! Ukraine was just a diversion!

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 7:02:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 7:03:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BerettaGuy] [#41]
Macron suggested Ukraine give up some of its sovereignty to allow Putin to save face, says Zelensky - 5/13/22 New Voice of Ukraine (I actually covered this months ago here and posed the question: I wonder if Macron would give up French territory like New Caledonia to their separatists.)

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 7:05:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Macron suggested Ukraine give up some of its sovereignty to allow Putin to save face, says Zelensky - 5/13/22 New Voice of Ukraine (I actually covered this months ago here and posed the question: I wonder if Macron would give up French territory like New Caledonia to their separatists.)

View Quote

Putin can save face if he puts the 9x18 round through his mouth instead of the side of his head.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 7:07:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#43]
Russian officer posts video of his unit being attacked, from his captured cellphone.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/up3h1k/russian_soldier_of_the_42nd_guards_motor_rifle/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb

Full video of his conversation and such here:
The Occupant/???????. ????? ? ??? ? ???????? ??????????? ??????? (ENG Subs)
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 7:08:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: weptek911] [#44]

View Quote

Macron is a cheese eating surrender monkey. Fuck him. Putin has already been humiliated, his military is shit. The general officers that aren’t being  killed are being fired or arrested. If he wants to save face he should shoot himself in it.  Russia is a laughingstock thanks to him. He needs to deal with it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 7:08:26 PM EDT
[#45]

Putin can save face if he puts the 9x18 round through his mouth instead of the side of his head.
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 7:10:50 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

Dude walked right under the grenade. Oof.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 7:22:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Jack67:

+1 - not an artillerist but I see stuff that doesn't make a lot of sense on the Ukr side.  Batteries in the open. When dug in, not dug in well or looks like a long time (too long) given soil, etc.  It seems to me me if Russia had 1/2 the game they did, Ukr would have lost 60% of their assets by now.
View Quote

Why Ukraine's Artillery is So Effective vs. Russia (FNN 34)

They've had years to try and counter their singular threat.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 7:26:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By AgeOne:

How much money does turkey want.
View Quote

Not money, they want their F-35's.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 7:29:26 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

That is the best quote I have heard all day!
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 7:30:00 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote
Imagine that... The French want them to surrender.  What a piece of shit Macron is.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5589
Top Top