BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5589
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 10/27/2021 8:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer]
It says it's been moved, but the link just takes me to the Community page. What gives?

This is now the active "shit (might be) is definitely happening in Ukraine" thread.

News links, thanks to BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
LINKS TO UKRAINIAN NEWS SOURCES IN ENGLISH

Kyiv Post

Ukrainian News

UKRInform

EUROMAIDEN PRESS

New Voice of Ukraine

Kyiv Independent

Ukraine World

InterFax Ukraine

UATV

Ukrainian Journal

Official Website of the President of Ukraine

Ukrainian Ministry of Defense

Save these links. I can't post all the headlines like I've done in the past - too much news and too often.
View Quote

Please @ me with additional stuff to be added here. I don't currently have time to properly curate this thread otherwise.

New news link c/o berettaguy:

Ukrainian Pravda
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/

Stop fake, anti - disinformation site:
https://www.stopfake.org/en/main/
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 7:51:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Superb first person vehicle kill with a RGW-90 German AT weapon:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/u73q7f/azov_soldier_pov_destroying_russian_vehicle/

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 7:53:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AKaTom:

My question was at least on topic. And I received a polite response.  99% of this thread is off topic. If you have a problem with me message me or put me on ignore.
View Quote

@AKaTom
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 7:53:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/u73q7f/azov_soldier_pov_destroying_russian_vehicle/

View Quote

Hard to believe how fast he acquired that target.  
Not his first rodeo.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 7:54:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack67] [#4]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

Those rape kids got aborted or killed right after birth. The old women of the village who helped a birthing woman took care of this job.

Read a study about this, more than 95% got killed.

View Quote

Would sincerely like to know if you can provide references.  Not arguing you are wrong; but I’ve studied this issue in some academic papers/books and not heard this element (or anything directly refuting it).  Would like to know.  Sorry for the slight thread drift; feel free to pm/em.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 7:55:17 PM EDT
[#5]

He has dolphins, ESWS, sea service ribbons and a couple of CARs. He's done something.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 7:59:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By jungatheart:

Not his first rodeo.
View Quote

Wall hacks.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:00:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By sq40:
It seems Russias “massive offensive” has gotten them a few hundred kilometers here and there… lost them a few villages, and cost them a bunch more men and equipment.

I hope they blow their wad on this one and get pushed back home.
View Quote

It just started. Way to early to say “that’s all” isn’t it?
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:06:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

Wall hacks.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:
Originally Posted By jungatheart:

Not his first rodeo.

Wall hacks.  

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:06:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By 13FoxVet:

I’ve gotten older out of shape and not up to date on anything FO related, I have the desire to go but I would absolutely add no value. If I were single without kids I’d still give it a go.
View Quote

When you were serving was it FIST era or COLT era? Anyway, I’m not jumping on the if you’re fit then you must go to the front lines shit. I just mean, if Nance showed a photo doing crypto type stuff and said “I’m going” that would be one thing but it would be like me wearing submarine stuff and saying I’m going to help x country’s navy fight. Everyone would be looking at me funny Just weird that he’s always portraying himself on land with small arms rather than at sea doing the stuff he was promoted to E-8 for in his pics these last 20 years. My Grandfather served 1941-1945 in USN he had zero pics running around with a carbine or USMC camp helmet and he even landed on contested islands in the Pacific.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:07:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By bigstick61:

If he was on the Wainwright during Praying Mantis, then he'd have a CAR for that for sure.  Not sure what the second one would be for, though.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bigstick61:
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:
Highest award is a commendation medal, was on ships doing crypto
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/8AED748F-344C-42EA-AA71-3D184CAB664C_jpe-2354840.JPG

Wiki says he only served on 1 ship, and it wasn't a sub.

Seems like he has no reason to lie about anything. Maybe some super secret squirrel stuff?

hmmmmmmmm

https://media1.fdncms.com/chronogram/imager/u/original/9498548/03_feature_nance-retire-lrg.jpg

Wiki isn't the best source obviously

Oh sorry, that wasn't a dig on you- I sort of suspect wiki is correct and this dude is randomly pinning shit to his uniform. Maybe I'm off base, but a Surface warfare pin, dolphins, and a CAR just throw up red flags to me.

If he was on the Wainwright during Praying Mantis, then he'd have a CAR for that for sure.  Not sure what the second one would be for, though.

If he was a CT on a CG during Praying Mantis he wasn't manning any weapon system. More likely huddling in a SESS/SCIF space trying to figure out what the fuck is going on.
Old squid/SWO sends.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:07:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By kncook:

View All Quotes
It seems Russias “massive offensive” has gotten them a few hundred kilometers here and there… lost them a few villages, and cost them a bunch more men and equipment.

I hope they blow their wad on this one and get pushed back home.

Probably so. It seems that Russia is getting bogged down a bit, losing some ground too.  It’s a dog fight for now.  I just hope this exhausts Russia to the point that they have to stop and then reverse.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:13:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By 7empest:
Guess I shouldn't use the term "orc" anymore.
View Quote

"Genetically disadvantaged, and naitally impacted by alcohol abuse" person.  

Somehow, accurate terminology sounds even worse than Orc.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:14:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Probably so. It seems that Russia is getting bogged down a bit, losing some ground too.  It’s a dog fight for now.  I just hope this exhausts Russia to the point that they have to stop and then reverse.
View Quote

the stuff I read said UKR was being pushed back?
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:14:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 13FoxVet] [#14]

When you were serving was it FIST era or COLT era? Anyway, I’m not jumping on the if you’re fit then you must go to the front lines shit. I just mean, if Nance showed a photo doing crypto type stuff and said “I’m going” that would be one thing but it would be like me wearing submarine stuff and saying I’m going to help x country’s navy fight. Everyone would be looking at me funny Just weird that he’s always portraying himself on land with small arms rather than at sea doing the stuff he was promoted to E-8 for in his pics these last 20 years. My Grandfather served 1941-1945 in USN he had zero pics running around with a carbine or USMC camp helmet and he even landed on contested islands in the Pacific.
View Quote

We had both FIST and COLT when I served. Early 90’s into the 2000’s all Light and some other stuff.  

I’m believing you on Nance. I’m amazed at all of the pics and etc, When we were deployed or in the field, taking pics wasn’t  on our mind. Hell we had pagers for DRF, cell phones weren’t a popular thing.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:17:14 PM EDT
[#15]
The glorious Russian army is denazifying the local trees.

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:18:00 PM EDT
[#16]

Interesting stuff. Goes back to just a fraction of what a few of us have been saying in GD for years (aka Putin is NOT good for Russia, he's a tyrant and a thug only concerned with power and his own wealth).
View Quote

This is a good thread that shows who the Russian army is actually composed of,rural kids who didn’t have the ability to buy themselves a case of asthma.

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:20:42 PM EDT
[#17]

Malcolm Nance’s Dd 214
Looks like some NSA and SECGRU stuff also
View All Quotes
Nope, he’s an MSNBC commentator who has done photo ops before, nothing to do with Ukraine/Russia or whatever, he’s not anyone to take seriously whatever your point of view. There’s way more SMEs for whatever flavor you prefer but he’s not even in the kiddie pool for secret squirrel shit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x1FuH5wa2Q
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/442BF02D-ED23-4CFD-8989-FED9731A83D4_jpe-2354879.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/AD8A2AC0-DDC8-4496-AAD0-56A48FE03DCF_jpe-2354881.JPG

Malcolm Nance’s Dd 214
Looks like some NSA and SECGRU stuff also

How do you know that is real?
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:23:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:23:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Ukrainian Soldiers Refuse To Surrender - Russia Ukraine War
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:24:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By CharlieR:

Your average Russian soldier is binary.  He is generally useless and throughout much of Russian history has been an incompetent nicompoop that will surrender in large numbers  He is usually poorly educated, led, equipped, Id say trained but mostly untrained, and uninformed.  In fact, in Tannenburg, WWI, Finland, all of 1941, Afghanistan, he mostly sucks.

The radiation that turns him into the incredible hulk is when he thinks he is defending the Motherland.  Be it back to the wall at Moscow in 1812 or 1941 or Stalingrad.  Then he gets supermotivated and scornfully bitterly self-sacrificial.

Strictly for tactical reasons, outside of some very specific targeting like the oil refineries right over the border, targeting Russia proper, especially teh civilians that represent the Motherland,  is a bad idea.
View Quote

In 1812, Ivan mostly just ran away hard enough that the weather smoked a shit load of frogs, then they tried to mop up what was left of the dregs as they shambled back towards France. They mostly didn't do a very good job of that, either, considering what a mess were the remnants of the grande armee.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:28:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Anyone else notice we have been keeping 2 of these big birds in the air lately, instead of just one at any given time?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:28:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#22]
Russia is the target of a shit ton of unfriendly internet activity. Thread below.

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:31:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By cash50:

How do you know that is real?
View Quote

It was from a FOIA results. Not my pig, not my farm just thought it was interesting
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:32:43 PM EDT
[#24]

We had both FIST and COLT when I served. Early 90’s into the 2000’s all Light and some other stuff.  

I’m believing you on Nance. I’m amazed at all of the pics and etc, When we were deployed or in the field, taking pics wasn’t  on our mind. Hell we had pagers for DRF, cell phones weren’t a popular thing.
View Quote

Same - Same. I served in the 143rd FA bn after transferring from combat engineer after transferring from infantry trying to chase slots for promotion in the ARNG after a long break in service from active duty before 9/11.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:33:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Element94] [#25]
Originally Posted By grambosc:
Anyone else notice we have been keeping 2 of these big birds in the air lately, instead of just one at any given time?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/481717/Screenshot_20220419-202417_Brave_jpg-2355047.JPG
View Quote

Ive always seen two, since the beginning.

Edit - Didnt notice over the US. Thought you were talking about eastern Europe. Over US could be anything.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:33:48 PM EDT
[#26]

The Germans are displeased with their political leaders shit handling of Ukraine.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:33:52 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

If you run the video in slow motion you can see another Ukrainian soldier with an RPG-7 on the other side of the street, covering the opposite angle and/or ready for a follow-up shot if the first guy missed.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:36:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Capta:

If you run the video in slow motion you can see another Ukrainian soldier with an RPG-7 on the other side of the street, covering the opposite angle and/or ready for a follow-up shot if the first guy missed.
View Quote

Very nice.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:37:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Russia be trolling

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:38:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Don’t believe this has been posted yet:

https://twitter.com/phildstewart/status/1516523635976151048?s=21&t=qmI_fCKqP75uwVF4Y_7pEw

US announces another $800M weapons aid package for Ukraine.  I guess that answers the Russian threat after the last aid package, although it would’ve been a nice touch to make it $801M.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:39:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Element94:

Edit - Didnt notice over the US. Thought you were talking about eastern Europe. Over US could be anything.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Element94:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/481717/Screenshot_20220419-202417_Brave_jpg-2355047.JPG

Well, those are both B52s, not just anything.  No idea what their cargoes are, but I have a few guesses.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:40:47 PM EDT
[#32]

Their military was so neutered before the war they were training their Skelton army with broomsticks. We get don't even have guns.

I do think they may be telling the truth. They haven't spent anything on their military.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mbinky:
Besides some ATGM's, what exactly has Germany give to Ukraine that has exhausted their supplies?

https://i.postimg.cc/8PJ0zx7g/Screen-Shot-2022-04-19-at-5-54-22-PM.png

Their military was so neutered before the war they were training their Skelton army with broomsticks. We get don't even have guns.

I do think they may be telling the truth. They haven't spent anything on their military.

When the NATO RRF was activated, Germany said they could provide a single company and another company in two weeks. They barely had a military.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:40:47 PM EDT
[#33]

Same - Same. I served in the 143rd FA bn after transferring from combat engineer after transferring from infantry trying to chase slots for promotion in the ARNG after a long break in service from active duty before 9/11.
View Quote

Nice to meet you!
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:42:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bullet_] [#34]

View Quote
A whole TWO?

I'm old enough to remember when every B52 that didn't have a crash inevitable dead line fault,  was sent airborne.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:44:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:

View All Quotes

In many places they are, but slowly.  

I guess I was expecting Russia to overextend more.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:45:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:46:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
Russia be trolling

View Quote

Yeah…

(X) Doubt
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:46:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Bullet_:
A whole TWO?

I'm old enough to remember when every B52 that didn't have a crash enviable dead line fault,  was sent airborne.
View All Quotes

A whole TWO?

I'm old enough to remember when every B52 that didn't have a crash enviable dead line fault,  was sent airborne.

I was a kid in the 80s, and we didn't have ADSB to stare at slack jawed like I can now.  

Until this week, there was usually just one in the air, or one going out as one returned.  Seems at least mildly interesting that they are putting more hours on and fuel through them now.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:47:25 PM EDT
[#39]
A whole TWO?

I'm old enough to remember when every B52 that didn't have a crash inevitable dead line fault,  was sent airborne.
View All Quotes

A whole TWO?

I remember when christmas trees full of them were on alert.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:47:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:51:13 PM EDT
[#41]
A whole TWO?

View All Quotes

A whole TWO?

How about that time we kept more than a dozen in the air... 24/7... for eight years?
... and that was completely separate from the 30 we had over vietnam every evening.

To be fair, those two fucking around over europe right now can probably do more actual damage to an enemy than a dozen 60's era hydrogen bombs.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:54:53 PM EDT
[#42]

The Germans are displeased with their political leaders shit handling of Ukraine.
View Quote

Good, they should be. It was a wishy-washy and shitty statement. Complete absence of leadership from the largest economy in Europe.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:57:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

Also it's night now here in Yurp and if I had a Javelin with a nice thermal sight now would be time time for me to go for a little stroll
View Quote

I don't know why, but "Yurp" gave me a pretty good laugh.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:58:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Col Macgregor 15APR22 on Real America "We're in the final phase of this war"
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:58:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#45]

View Quote

I suspect that there are a number of German politicians who are concerned about facts coming to light regarding German energy policy decisions over the last 15 years.  Deeply concerned.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:00:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Featureless] [#46]

View Quote

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, I seldom see them up but have once or twice.

Edit -Just checked and saw one over the US on a quick glance.  Looks busier as a whole but I don't spend a lot of time there.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:07:07 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

I saw this on Youtube. Dismissed it, since it was CNN, until the part with Andrew Milburn. 2:35.  Doesn't sound good from what he says

What happens to weapons sent to Ukraine? The US doesn't really know

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:07:17 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

The sound of the hit was super satisfying.

The perfect "trwap" of a solid hit.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:08:49 PM EDT
[#49]

Russia does have total air superiority tho
View Quote

Since when?
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:08:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:
I agree the Turks are the only ones that could swing it. They're in a position where the Russians do not want to piss them off.

That said, I highly doubt Russia would agree. I don't think they'll settle for anything other than extermination.
View Quote

If I was working this deal they would go to a Swiss POW camp for a year. Seems like a good place to refit.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5589
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top