BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5589
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 10/27/2021 8:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer]
It says it's been moved, but the link just takes me to the Community page. What gives?

This is now the active "shit (might be) is definitely happening in Ukraine" thread.

News links, thanks to BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
LINKS TO UKRAINIAN NEWS SOURCES IN ENGLISH

Kyiv Post

Ukrainian News

UKRInform

EUROMAIDEN PRESS

New Voice of Ukraine

Kyiv Independent

Ukraine World

InterFax Ukraine

UATV

Ukrainian Journal

Official Website of the President of Ukraine

Ukrainian Ministry of Defense

Save these links. I can't post all the headlines like I've done in the past - too much news and too often.
View Quote

Please @ me with additional stuff to be added here. I don't currently have time to properly curate this thread otherwise.

New news link c/o berettaguy:

Ukrainian Pravda
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/

Stop fake, anti - disinformation site:
https://www.stopfake.org/en/main/
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:41:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

And let's not forget Hungary (headline today):

Hungary won’t allow arms transit to Ukraine - Szijjarto
https://static.ukrinform.com/photos/2018_04/thumb_files/630_360_1524671873-1848.jpg
Hungary does not support sanctions against the Russian Federation on oil and gas, and will not allow transit of weapons to Ukraine through its territory.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By glklvr:
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
I feel like this was intended to be too late to affect the outcome.  If so, I hope the Germans have miscalculated.

Of course they're dragging their feet. Doing everything they can to stay in Russia's good graces while appearing to be the good little NATO member supporting Ukraine. Buncha pathetic cucks

https://static.ukrinform.com/photos/2018_04/thumb_files/630_360_1524671873-1848.jpg
Hungary does not support sanctions against the Russian Federation on oil and gas, and will not allow transit of weapons to Ukraine through its territory.

So what you’re saying is that Putin’s cock smells like Peter Szijjarto’s ass?
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:41:40 PM EDT
[#2]

View All Quotes
I feel like this was intended to be too late to affect the outcome.  If so, I hope the Germans have miscalculated.

Of course they're dragging their feet. Doing everything they can to stay in Russia's good graces while appearing to be the good little NATO member supporting Ukraine. Buncha pathetic cucks

It increasingly seems like Hungary, Germany, and Turkey are liabilities for NATO more than genuine allies.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:44:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Okay, you love Trump and think he is the man for the job right? He did pretty much say that Ukraine should surrender in the past (and that will be his key "bargaining" point if someone presses him now on what his "deal" would be.. Let's take a closer look:

Trump is some savior in the Ukrainian crisis? When Trump's "best people" Paul Manafort was the Kremlin-paid campaign manager for the communist party- lite's Yanukovych, which was Putin's Plan A to take Ukraine internally, Yanukovych "replaced" Pro-USA Yuschenko and began to start Russian reforms like: change Ukrainian schoolbooks to reflect Russian history, make Russian an official language equal to Ukrainian, stopped ALL Ukrainian military modernization projects, and the big one: pushed to allow Russian troops to be station on multiple Ukrainian military bases - that was the last straw which got him thrown out (he fled to Russia - big surprise). Manafort then went to the Republican National Convention in Cleveland and instead of opening up the meeting with getting Trump nominated, he starts off with proposing that the Republican foreign policy on Ukraine getting heavy weapons go from favorable to unfavorable. Trump pardoned him by the way... So know we are witnessing Putin's desperate Plan B.

Trump was/is a DUNCE when it comes to foreign affairs and knowledge of history especially history of Europe yet people on this thread keep bringing it up that he would be some kind of great leader for the Ukrainian crisis. If anyone thinks that Trump would be be the leader for the Russian invasion of Ukraine (and I'm not saying that leftist Biden is), then they must be as dumb as Trump is especially after reading this interview Trump did with Fox News' Eric Bolling in 2014 (his recent comments last week were equally as stupid):

Regarding Russia's invasion of Ukraine, Trump said Putin's action was "so smart."

“Well, he’s done an amazing job of taking the mantle," Trump said of Russian president Vladimir Putin in an interview with Fox News' Eric Bolling. "And he’s taken it away from the president, and you look at what he’s doing. And so smart. When you see the riots in a country because they’re hurting the Russians, okay, ‘We’ll go and take it over.’ And he really goes step by step by step, and you have to give him a lot of credit."

"Interestingly, I own the Miss Universe pageant," Trump added. "We just left Moscow. He could not have been nicer. He was so nice and so everything. But you have to give him credit that what he’s doing for that country in terms of their world prestige is very strong."

Trump also said in the interview that "the people of Crimea, from what I've heard, would rather be with Russia than where they were."

Trump's comments made in May 2014 speech to the National Press Club:

“And another country, wants to come in and join—they love Russia," he said then. "They say—now we send in our pollsters, we say, ‘That’s not true.’ Well, you know, guess what? They want to form with Russia. How the hell are we involved? Okay, we’re involved in all of this. Isn’t Europe supposed to be involved in this?”

And for all Trump didn't do anything for the 2A ( he did hurt the 2A), yet some people here just can't get enough of him fixing the world.

View Quote

If you posted that Trump banged your wife/husband I would 100% believe it and it would explain A LOT!
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:44:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Drakich:

Lol, wut?  When the Germans invaded Poland, they attacked numerous towns in Poland with zero military significance (no garrisons, no defensive fortifications), intentionally targeting churches, schools, and hospitals with incendiaries.  They again did the same exact thing when they invaded the Netherlands.  Their entire methodology of war was to wage terror on civilians.  They routinely, when rolling into a town, would round up boys over 14 and men and just shoot them in the east.  
View Quote

Just ignore him and leave him be. He's got some sort of alternate history of WWII (and world history for that matter) in which the Germans were oppressed and the allies were the oppressors.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:45:22 PM EDT
[#5]
So much this.

View Quote

So much! Sadly...old Russian money countered with energy controls those in power right now...looking at some of the Hungarian news feeds literally I am is disgust on how much people support Russia's Ukraine War...
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:46:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By bigstick61:

It increasingly seems like Hungary, Germany, and Turkey are liabilities for NATO more than genuine allies.
View Quote

Increasingly?

Turkey is probably the only useful one of the 3. They closed the bosphrus. They are sending bayraktars. That's WAY more than sendong cold War shit and flat out being an impediment like Hungary has. Hungary and Germany are worthless nato allies. Replace them with Sweden, Finland and Ukraine.

Ukraine should, after the aftermath of Bucha and Makarov, etc concede NOTHING and nato should beg them to join.

Perhaps they can offer training on how to fight Russians, since they'd be the only member to have actually done it since 1945.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:48:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

Had a chat with a buddy yesterday about the war last night and he said the exact same thing above. Personally, to attack Ukraine because of Azov is pretty stupid. But then again they’re Russians so…
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dillydilly:
Originally Posted By Papposilenus:

Wild guess, but my presumption at this point is that Russia may claim "those guys in particular were the Nazis we were talking about this whole time and we got them" as a way to claw victory from the jaws of defeat if they plan to leave Ukraine soon.

Had a chat with a buddy yesterday about the war last night and he said the exact same thing above. Personally, to attack Ukraine because of Azov is pretty stupid. But then again they’re Russians so…

But the Russians have made the Azovs heroes. Their wasta is at an all time high.

1. Increase NATO defense spending. Check.
2. Cause more countries to join NATO. Check.
3. Increase the stature of the ‘Nazis’. Check.
4. Lose shitloads of equipment and troops. Check.
5. Lose your Black Sea flagship.

“The Special Operation is accomplishing all its goals.”
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:48:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Wulfmann:

In 6 years of war 52,000 British civilians were killed by all means of attacks on British soil.

No one has all the numbers but as many as 2 million German civilians were killed by allied (US and UK) in WWII

It is possible 10 times as many German children were killed than all British civilians combined

Now in fairness because Germany built a tactical air force to support its military it never had the means to wage a war of terror on civilians and Nazis being Nazis if they had that capability they would have been just as heartless and ruthless as the allies but they did not intentionally build a military arm specifically to slaughter civilians like the US and UK did
Should we be proud of that?
View Quote

Maybe. War Is Hell.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:49:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Lol, wut?  When the Germans invaded Poland, they attacked numerous towns in Poland with zero military significance (no garrisons, no defensive fortifications), intentionally targeting churches, schools, and hospitals with incendiaries.  They again did the same exact thing when they invaded the Netherlands.  Their entire methodology of war was to wage terror on civilians.  They routinely, when rolling into a town, would round up boys over 14 and men and just shoot them in the east.  
View Quote

iirc that's what they have done in towns so far. killed all the males from 15 to 60. that's what they are doing in Mariupol right now, the city is closed off and they are "filtering".

fuck the Russians. no reason not to bomb their cities except our own conscience. but supposedly 80% of their population supports this shit? they want it, they get it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:50:33 PM EDT
[#10]

do they blow up?
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:53:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Capta:

If you don't understand why Ukraine cannot compromise on its territory then you simply have not bothered to understand the issues.
This is a war for resources - economic, manpower, and natural.  Eastern Ukraine is the industrial heartland and where most of the mineral resources lie.  Furthermore, huge reserves of natural gas have been discovered under Eastern Ukraine and in the sea off Crimea.  There is enough industry, mining, and energy to propel Ukraine into intergation with Europe.  This is why compromise on these issues is national suicide for Ukraine.
Russia wanted Ukraine's manpower to add to their own dwindling demographics as well.  Whether they get that or not is up in the air.  If they can kill enough Ukrainians to convince them that to oppose Russia means national annihilation, then it is possible that Russia can force them into servitude. After killing a few million people, anyway.  There are many recent examples from Russian history that this tactic works - Chechnya, Ukraine in the 30s/40s, Romania, Hungary, Finland, The Baltics, East Germany, I can go on.  If we don't support Ukraine now we will be fighting them in 10 years.
Ukraine could, in theory, give up Crimea IF the mineral rights were stripped from it, but the Russians would simply slant-drill the gas anyway.  They can't be trusted to keep that arrangement.  Russia also could not accept this because it would require giving up the 12-mile exclusion zone around its major naval base.
Compromising their territory is national suicide for Ukraine, which of course is what Russia wants.  Then they can say "we compromised" while sticking the knife in Ukraine's back.

Now I understand your posting history.  You're someone who has bought into the TRUMP! bullshit hook, line, and sinker.  My dad's the same way so I get it.  It's unfortunate because you have personalized his propaganda to the extent that you may never be free of it.  He is the greatest enemy of American conservatism in our history - an utterly corrupt and compromised pied piper disguised as a revolutionary.

I think you're probably struggling with your admiration for Putin too, as you post almost exclusively Russian perspective/talking point videos.  I will grant that you MAY be having second thoughts over this, with Putin's actions showning him to be the Nazi maniac he is.  Or maybe not - only you know that.  And just so you don't think I'm being partisan, I will publically admit that I got suckered by Putin too.  In 2014, due to domestic political issues over Clinton/Obama etc, I at least partly bought into Putin's propaganda regarding Ukraine.  Then it fell mostly out of the news and I didn't think about it for a while.  When it started heating up again, fortunately I had wised up to the extent I did more of my own research and realized I'd fucked up.  So it can be done.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By realwar:

I agree, but in the statement Trump made I feel he is talking directly to Putin. Letting him know where he stands and he's willing to talk rather than fight for years to come and only death on both sides will be realized. You can fight a war for 20-30 years with no winners or you can sit down like men and talk it out. If Trump becomes President again Putin knows Trump would drop HAMMER on him so he would come to the table and negotiate (pull back forces).

Meanwhile Ukraine needs to keep fighting hard and drive the orcs out and back into Russia but that doesn't mean Putin would end it there, he could still pull back forces and use tactical nukes on the Ukraine army as they advance closer to Russia's border wiping them all out, then push his forces back into Ukraine and head north to Kiev to take it. Lots of crazy things can happen..

If you don't understand why Ukraine cannot compromise on its territory then you simply have not bothered to understand the issues.
This is a war for resources - economic, manpower, and natural.  Eastern Ukraine is the industrial heartland and where most of the mineral resources lie.  Furthermore, huge reserves of natural gas have been discovered under Eastern Ukraine and in the sea off Crimea.  There is enough industry, mining, and energy to propel Ukraine into intergation with Europe.  This is why compromise on these issues is national suicide for Ukraine.
Russia wanted Ukraine's manpower to add to their own dwindling demographics as well.  Whether they get that or not is up in the air.  If they can kill enough Ukrainians to convince them that to oppose Russia means national annihilation, then it is possible that Russia can force them into servitude. After killing a few million people, anyway.  There are many recent examples from Russian history that this tactic works - Chechnya, Ukraine in the 30s/40s, Romania, Hungary, Finland, The Baltics, East Germany, I can go on.  If we don't support Ukraine now we will be fighting them in 10 years.
Ukraine could, in theory, give up Crimea IF the mineral rights were stripped from it, but the Russians would simply slant-drill the gas anyway.  They can't be trusted to keep that arrangement.  Russia also could not accept this because it would require giving up the 12-mile exclusion zone around its major naval base.
Compromising their territory is national suicide for Ukraine, which of course is what Russia wants.  Then they can say "we compromised" while sticking the knife in Ukraine's back.

Now I understand your posting history.  You're someone who has bought into the TRUMP! bullshit hook, line, and sinker.  My dad's the same way so I get it.  It's unfortunate because you have personalized his propaganda to the extent that you may never be free of it.  He is the greatest enemy of American conservatism in our history - an utterly corrupt and compromised pied piper disguised as a revolutionary.

I think you're probably struggling with your admiration for Putin too, as you post almost exclusively Russian perspective/talking point videos.  I will grant that you MAY be having second thoughts over this, with Putin's actions showning him to be the Nazi maniac he is.  Or maybe not - only you know that.  And just so you don't think I'm being partisan, I will publically admit that I got suckered by Putin too.  In 2014, due to domestic political issues over Clinton/Obama etc, I at least partly bought into Putin's propaganda regarding Ukraine.  Then it fell mostly out of the news and I didn't think about it for a while.  When it started heating up again, fortunately I had wised up to the extent I did more of my own research and realized I'd fucked up.  So it can be done.
This is a great post.  Worth reading twice.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:54:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BustinCaps] [#12]
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:

No. Eventually they will find themselves further into Ukraine and maintaining the security of the logistics tail will become impossible. If there goal is to seize and hold parts of Eastern Ukraine, possible. To consume Ukraine by the Fall, as in the entire nation? Not gonna happen.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:
Originally Posted By BustinCaps:
Originally Posted By TylerF:
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:
Starting to look bad in the east. Hopefully it's a rope a dope, but I have my doubts.
My guess is the Ukrainians will have to hold for at least 48 hours to run down the Russian OPTEMPO.

A big breakthrough before that would be bad, as I don't think the UKRs have a lot of regular units left that are free enough to plug holes.

A massed attack, over limited frontage reduces Russia's logistics shortfalls, and plays to their strengths in Artillery and heavy fires.

My guess is it will look bad for a couple days as supplied Russian forces move forward. Then they’ll overextend at some point. The key to russias success will be calling an operational halt in time to avoid the serious overextension they pulled off around Kiev, allowing Ukraine to destroy the floundering forward units.

Russia needs to do short offensives followed by consolidation. That will chip away month after month. Sort of like island hopping, except instead of oceans between islands it’s a 10 mile logistic train leash.

If they go to a monthly hop tempo with little bites they’ll be well on their way to consuming Ukraine by fall. Horrendous losses, but “victory”.

No. Eventually they will find themselves further into Ukraine and maintaining the security of the logistics tail will become impossible. If there goal is to seize and hold parts of Eastern Ukraine, possible. To consume Ukraine by the Fall, as in the entire nation? Not gonna happen.

Didn’t mean to say the whole thing. More like the eastern half.

Yeah, the rear situation will get worse every mile in they go. But they’ll also murder and deport everyone to try and solve the problem.

The eventual insurgency threat doesn’t change the fact they can only make small advances without major pauses and forward resupply.  If they push this offensive 25-50 miles down roads like before they’ll get rolled up like before.

They have to know this. So whether they make one successful push for more then declare “victory”, push too far and get smoked like a blunt again, or successfully consolidate for more pushes seems to be the question.

Coordinated advances and pauses might even be too much for their C2 infrastructure. That might be the amusing unraveling of the whole deal.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:01:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Kadyrov's fighters laugh at Biden

SU-57s

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:02:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By anono:

Just ignore him and leave him be. He's got some sort of alternate history of WWII (and world history for that matter) in which the Germans were oppressed and the allies were the oppressors.
View All Quotes

He thinks that’s being “objective”…
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:02:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hiyaboa] [#15]

Corrected  2 Chechens getting hit.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:04:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Wulfmann:

Darn, if we had adopted this approach and bombed German cities in WWII and killed a couple million civilians and hundreds of thousands of their children they would have certainly surrendered by 1943.

Oh wait, no hmmm. ugh delete delete delete pay no attention to my post

Sure let's stiffen the Russian people's resolve to insist their corrupt demonic leaders that killing every Ukrainian is the only solution even if nuking the world is required.

No nation has ever buckled under killing innocents. It only stiffens their resolve as in those who refuse to learn from history are doomed t repeat it
View Quote

You’re actually right here.  I know of no instance in modern warfare (the last 100 years) where terror bombing or shelling actually broke civilian morale.  If anything the effect appears to be the opposite.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:05:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By hiyaboa:

2 angles of a Chechen getting hit.
View Quote

Didn't handle the million dollar shot as well as Private Gump.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:05:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:

And Orban’s.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:06:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By glockluv:

I would give my life savings for that video to end with screams and a giant fireball. I have some level of sympathy for everyone involved in this conflict but the Chechens.

Love the YT astroturfed comments in support of the Chechen Special Forces.
View Quote

I hope all those filthy pro-putin chechens die horribly!!

*Can we still say that? I'm really just a pacifist, never even hurt anyone's feelings. Dont ban me please
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:07:06 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote
Not enough skull fragments.  

God, I hate those TikTok cunts so much . . .

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:07:19 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

I'm getting so tired of how locked down every platform is now.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:07:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

I believe some as already happened on a small scale, I believe alot more is to come
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Crash_Test_Dhimmi:
I for one am looking forward to some asymmetric
Warfare inside Russia proper

I believe some as already happened on a small scale, I believe alot more is to come

I agree and if Ukraine has the resources they should go on the offense inside Russia in this special military action of Putins.  
It is war regardless of what Putin calls it and he started it.   P E R I O D !!!!!  
Maybe this is something NATO or any country might be able to assist Ukraine with??

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:08:15 PM EDT
[#23]

Damn some in GD are going to be cheering on the Chechens now.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:09:50 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

The Turks are still delivering orders For TB-2s and keeping the Russians from running more ships into  the Black Sea do they aren’t exactly as treacherous as Scholz and Orban.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:10:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Germany claiming they can’t afford more politically or economically is nothing but pure cowardice.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:11:08 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:11:28 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

That's two different dudes making the same mistake in the same spot.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:12:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

View All Quotes

Damn you’re right
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:12:41 PM EDT
[#29]

You’re actually right here.  I know of no instance in modern warfare (the last 100 years) where terror bombing or shelling actually broke civilian morale.  If anything the effect appears to be the opposite.
View Quote

What on Earth are you guys smoking? This was literally a large part of the Blitzkrieg and how Germany overtook so many countries in such a small time.

You guys are taking an incredibly myopic view and discounting all civil wars, revolutions, etc. and only looking at the first and second world wars with a few very specific examples.

Even then, things like the fire bombing of German cities might not have resulted in an outright surrender like it did with Japan, but it sure didn't hurt the allies at all. The Germans weren't anymore resolute to win than they were before.

There aren't always 1:1 results in life, and certainly not war.

I'm not advocating it of course, but to say it hasn't been at all effective to target civilians to break their spirits is an outright error.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:12:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By SafetyFirst:

I agree and if Ukraine has the resources they should go on the offense inside Russia in this special military action of Putins.  
It is war regardless of what Putin calls it and he started it.   P E R I O D !!!!!  
Maybe this is something NATO or any country might be able to assist Ukraine with??

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SafetyFirst:
Originally Posted By Crash_Test_Dhimmi:
I for one am looking forward to some asymmetric
Warfare inside Russia proper

A punitive expedition.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:14:30 PM EDT
[#31]

Germany is probably 40% ethnically Russian after all the rape that happened at the tail end of WW2.
View All Quotes

Germany is probably 40% ethnically Russian after all the rape that happened at the tail end of WW2.

Those rape kids got aborted or killed right after birth. The old women of the village who helped a birthing woman took care of this job.

Read a study about this, more than 95% got killed.

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:14:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

I hope all those filthy pro-putin chechens die horribly!!

*Can we still say that? I'm really just a pacifist, never even hurt anyone's feelings. Dont ban me please
View Quote

Approved

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:15:03 PM EDT
[#33]

Damn you’re right
View All Quotes

Damn you’re right

I'm fucking speechless. They're like guinea hens pecking an electric fence. They watch the first one drop dead and the next one walks up and pecks it, too. Just dumb as fuck.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:15:27 PM EDT
[#34]
So much this.

View Quote

I agree. And all three were mauled by the Russians in '45 (and 56 for Hungary).
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:16:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Not sure if this was posted previously, it's a very good video on the economic resources of the two sides that will become critical if this war goes into an attritional grind:

The Price of War - Can Russia afford a long conflict?
The Price of War - Can Russia afford a long conflict?

TLDW the resources of Ukraine's allies absolutely dwarf those of Russia, won't be immediately decisive but should be no contest over the long term, if team Ukraine takes this even half seriously and is willing to suffer minor discomfort.  Author doesn't speculate whether Germany, France etc will bitch out though.  Overview of the efforts to prop up the ruble.  No Chinese sugar daddy, unless Russia accepts becoming a vassal state.  Why this war makes no economic sense.  West should go blank check, stop this incrementalist nonsense.  West should realize that they are the 800lb gorilla and stop acting like the weaker party.

He's posted several other well researched videos on the war.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:18:08 PM EDT
[#36]

Damn you’re right
View All Quotes

Damn you’re right

I also missed it. I just glanced at the second one.

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:18:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Russian helicopters getting destroyed. Again.

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:19:19 PM EDT
[#38]

I'm fucking speechless. They're like guinea hens pecking an electric fence. They watch the first one drop dead and the next one walks up and pecks it, too. Just dumb as fuck.
View Quote

It looks like they're running to pick up a gun?

Either way, keep camping those corners
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:20:15 PM EDT
[#39]
“Well,OK,so maybe they’re war crimes but we have no choice but to keep finding them and preventing Ukraine having the means to protect itself”

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:20:48 PM EDT
[#40]

Azovstal tunnels aren’t your average tunnels.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:23:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By realwar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74evwTWJQiQ

Chechen special forces Mi-26 Mi-24 Ka-52 Mi-28H Mi-8 landing in Ukraine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucADYsWjtWw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePEJF0e987w
View Quote

Terrifies me to think what those pig fuckers will do to UKR women and children again
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:23:53 PM EDT
[#42]

What on Earth are you guys smoking? This was literally a large part of the Blitzkrieg and how Germany overtook so many countries in such a small time.

You guys are taking an incredibly myopic view and discounting all civil wars, revolutions, etc. and only looking at the first and second world wars with a few very specific examples.

Even then, things like the fire bombing of German cities might not have resulted in an outright surrender like it did with Japan, but it sure didn't hurt the allies at all. The Germans weren't anymore resolute to win than they were before.

There aren't always 1:1 results in life, and certainly not war.

I'm not advocating it of course, but to say it hasn't been at all effective to target civilians to break their spirits is an outright error.
View Quote

The Japanese weren’t broken, and bombing didn’t cause their surrender. The best use of bombers in the pacific was the naval blockade.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:25:14 PM EDT
[#43]
I normally don't page notate but since I'm such a nerd, this is the Enterprise page.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:25:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:26:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:26:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

Those rape kids got aborted or killed right after birth. The old women of the village who helped a birthing woman took care of this job.

Read a study about this, more than 95% got killed.

View Quote

Yikes.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:27:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:
“Well,OK,so maybe they’re war crimes but we have no choice but to keep finding them and preventing Ukraine having the means to protect itself”

View Quote

But we can't afford any more.

Isn't greed and being cheap what the Germans accused the Jews of as they murdered them?
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:28:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By R0N:

Putin’s move into Ukrainian was the equivalent of him burning his ships on the shore, he knows he either wins or dies.  The Crimea probably is that red line in which he does direct the usage of strategic weapons.  The big question is whether after he issues the order whether it is carried out or if he is deposed.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By R0N:
Originally Posted By planemaker:
Originally Posted By FALFOX:
One thing that sucks about this war is hiw much its divided us here, and I'm to blame also for that. I've attacked other for being Russian shills etc. Because I whole heartedly believe that the Ukrainians need all the help we can give them.  But I don't want to make the divide wider here between members.  Trolls excluded of course. But I do recognize that others may have a differing opinion than myself but doesn't mean they are not just as American as me. Just my 2 cents carry on
I have been avoiding posting here because I know it will likely turn into a pissing match, and no one wants that. However, I need to say my piece. A great many of you have lost your fucking minds. Listen, I'm a cold war kid - I love seeing Russian tanks go boom just like everybody in here. I want Russia to lose this war. But they're not going to. Why? Because they are all in. They are about to roll over the fucking country, moving city to city, pounding them with MLRS and turning them into rubble one after the other, and the only question now is whether the world is willing to risk nuclear war to stop them. We are damned if we do, and the Ukes are damned if we don't. Hell they may pop tac nukes just out of spite, and if it seems like they are losing you can be effin SURE they will crack open that canned sunshine. UKRAINE. CANNOT. WIN. THIS.
So. What then. World War 3? Sorry, but my answer is YES. Unless some kind of miracle happens and Putin is deposed, the options remain either Ukraine is subject to a crushing defeat or Poland/NATO intervenes and we are in WW3. OK, there is another possible scenario, we pour weapons into Ukraine and draw Russia into a terrible quagmire, and they somehow brainlessly spend the next 3 or 4 years wasting the entirety of their armed forces beating their heads against a javelin anvil, Ukraine is turned into a wasteland that would make wartorn Syria look inviting, and nearly every man, woman, and child still in the country dies in a twenty-first century reprise of the Holodomor. So WW3 it is. I'm predicting it. I give it two more months, and it will go nuclear within weeks of Nato stepping in. Maybe days.

Prepare yourselves.

None of this is correct. Russia has shown they do not have the men or materiel to win in Ukraine. The fact is, with the west supplying Ukraine and the Russians unable to manufacture anything to replace what is being consumed, Russia will lose this war within months if not weeks. Further, unlike Ukraine, Russia's economy is imploding and the west is well on their way to being free of Russian blackmail on energy. Not only has Putin screwed the pooch militarily, but economically in a way that won't be fixable.

Your assumption that if Russia is pushed back to its own borders, including being flushed out of Crimea, will cause them to use nukes is incorrect, that's just not going to happen. The use of nuclear weapons will automatically cause NATO to respond and completely wipe what's left of his conventional forces off the face of the planet. There won't be a WW3, there will be a complete defeat of Putin and his dictatorship. The Russian military may be corrupt as hell, but they're not suicidal.

Putin’s move into Ukrainian was the equivalent of him burning his ships on the shore, he knows he either wins or dies.  The Crimea probably is that red line in which he does direct the usage of strategic weapons.  The big question is whether after he issues the order whether it is carried out or if he is deposed.

He already said we were going to pay a price never before seen by any nation for supplying UKR with weapons and otherwise interfering with the invasion.  

Since unspeakable atrocities are being willingly carried out in UKR by the Russians with approval of their leadership, I believe we have to assume that the order to launch WILL be carried out.  

I’m waiting for the civil defense drills in major cities inside Russia to begin in both preparation for an exchange, and to signal to the west the willingness of Putin to go all in on this war.    

I’ve changed my mind since the start of this thread, and now believe there is better than a 50/50 chance this conflict moves beyond a regional conventional war.

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:29:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By glockluv:

It looks like they're running to pick up a gun?

Either way, keep camping those corners
View Quote

"MAH! THIS FUCKING CAMPER HAS BEEN KICKING OUR ASSES FOR HOURS! THIS IS BULLSHIT! MAH! MEATLOAF!"
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:30:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

The Japanese weren’t broken, and bombing didn’t cause their surrender. The best use of bombers in the pacific was the naval blockade.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5589
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top