BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5589
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 10/27/2021 8:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer]
It says it's been moved, but the link just takes me to the Community page. What gives?

This is now the active "shit (might be) is definitely happening in Ukraine" thread.

News links, thanks to BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
LINKS TO UKRAINIAN NEWS SOURCES IN ENGLISH

Kyiv Post

Ukrainian News

UKRInform

EUROMAIDEN PRESS

New Voice of Ukraine

Kyiv Independent

Ukraine World

InterFax Ukraine

UATV

Ukrainian Journal

Official Website of the President of Ukraine

Ukrainian Ministry of Defense

Save these links. I can't post all the headlines like I've done in the past - too much news and too often.
View Quote

Please @ me with additional stuff to be added here. I don't currently have time to properly curate this thread otherwise.

New news link c/o berettaguy:

Ukrainian Pravda
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/

Stop fake, anti - disinformation site:
https://www.stopfake.org/en/main/
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:25:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

"Deep"? I sure they forbid him from going anywhere near Russia and even Crimea. With a few exceptions, Putin's "I'm a madman capable of anything" routine has everyone in NATO terrified. If Biden even remembers what/where Ukraine is he would overflow dis diapers and his puppeteers are commie-lib-progressive lgbtqxyz pacifists that hate anything military. If Putin nuked Kiev, they would surrender.
View Quote

I expect as long as Ukraine military mostly stays within their own border it is easy to say that Ukraine is only defending it's borders from an invading army. If Ukraine was/is to go deeper into russia it lends weight to putins bullshit about ukraine wanting to invade russia, and also the lines become a lot more blurry about whether we are helping one country defend itself against invaders or we are helping one side in a mutual war. There will be a lot less support if ukraine goes into russia.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:27:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By realwar:

I agree, but in the statement Trump made I feel he is talking directly to Putin. Letting him know where he stands and he's willing to talk rather than fight for years to come and only death on both sides will be realized. You can fight a war for 20-30 years with no winners or you can sit down like men and talk it out. If Trump becomes President again Putin knows Trump would drop HAMMER on him so he would come to the table and negotiate (pull back forces).

Meanwhile Ukraine needs to keep fighting hard and drive the orcs out and back into Russia but that doesn't mean Putin would end it there, he could still pull back forces and use tactical nukes on the Ukraine army as they advance closer to Russia's border wiping them all out, then push his forces back into Ukraine and head north to Kiev to take it. Lots of crazy things can happen..
View Quote

Exactly.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:29:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

That has to be the second most satisfying clip of the war so far, after that clip of the Ka-52 getting schwacked by a Stinger.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GTLandser:
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

That has to be the second most satisfying clip of the war so far, after that clip of the Ka-52 getting schwacked by a Stinger.

You forget Ruskie tanker rocketman
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:30:42 AM EDT
[#4]

I agree, but in the statement Trump made I feel he is talking directly to Putin. Letting him know where he stands and he's willing to talk rather than fight for years to come and only death on both sides will be realized. You can fight a war for 20-30 years with no winners or you can sit down like men and talk it out. If Trump becomes President again Putin knows Trump would drop HAMMER on him so he would come to the table and negotiate (pull back forces).

Meanwhile Ukraine needs to keep fighting hard and drive the orcs out and back into Russia but that doesn't mean Putin would end it there, he could still pull back forces and use tactical nukes on the Ukraine army as they advance closer to Russia's border wiping them all out, then push his forces back into Ukraine and head north to Kiev to take it. Lots of crazy things can happen..
View Quote

As I understand it the current russian military training is still very similar to the soviet training where they train to button up in their vehicles and drive through a nuclear wasteland with nobody to shoot at them.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:34:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Naporter:

In fairness, it kinda worked the second time round, though that time they had something far more heinous to be ashamed of.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Naporter:
Originally Posted By Wulfmann:
Originally Posted By FrankyRay:

Russia needs to be defeated and its people humiliated and ashamed for generations.

That is what the British and French decided to do to Germany in 1919.

Let's do that! It worked out so well the last time

In fairness, it kinda worked the second time round, though that time they had something far more heinous to be ashamed of.

The second time around we did what it took to actually win a war something we no longer do.
Without nukes we would beat them into the ground and do what we did to make Germany civil
Because of nukes we don't get that choice.
We will either go nuclear or find a way to settle this so Ukraine feels they won while Russia can "claim" they won
Humiliation assures a round 2.

AS mentioned Crimea and the 2 eastern provinces become part of Russia (Good riddance) and Ukraine joins NATO

This is a lose lose situation that has even worse or worser choices (Misspelled to note how screwed we could become)
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:36:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:39:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#7]
Originally Posted By TheLurker:

UA artillery strike on dispersed and camouflaged RU position.
View Quote

LOL, at 23 seconds that T-72B3 was living in a wooden and straw hut.

This little piggy made a house of straw....

Thank God they are so stupid to leave their individual tracks in the mud all through those fields.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:40:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Ukrainian kid's birthday "thanking" the Russian saviors

Belaruso stache listening to his favorite music

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:41:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Prime:
Ultimatum has come and gone.

Ukrainians post intercepted orders to level Azovstal

View Quote

Sad for the UA still there. But sounds like in the end they'll still win. Making Russia destroy the place makes the victory almost pointless.  Highly doubt Russia has the means to rebuild it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:42:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By NBCMarine:

I would fight 1000 times harder to leave Ukraine than I ever would fight to protect it. You last paragraph is inaccurate.
View Quote

In which direction? Destination where?

Also, not Ukrainian i take it?
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:44:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
Does Ukraine have any obligation to pay any of the billions loaned so far back?. That is of course they prevail
View Quote

Russia wants Ukraine's resources. There are some big petroleum deposits and Ukraine is one of the world's breadbaskets. If Ukraine wins thay will have the resources to pay back.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:44:54 AM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

Yet people here shit on Trump for urging them to reach an agreement before everyone ends up dead.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:45:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
View Quote

Hey guys, they're shelling the house. We should go inside.

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:47:16 AM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

Find him and execute him like the others.

Disproportionate violence should be met with the same.

Perhaps terror attacks in Russia can be a response.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:50:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:

View Quote

BOOM! that was awesome.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:50:14 AM EDT
[#16]
The first shipments of the latest round of U.S. military assistance to Ukraine, which includes heavier weapons systems, started arriving in the region over the weekend, according to the Pentagon.

The recently approved $800 million in security assistance includes Howitzer artillery systems, 40,000 artillery rounds, armored personnel vehicles and other weapons.

A senior U.S. defense official said Monday that four flights of shipments from the assistance package arrived in the region over the weekend with a fifth expected in the next 24 hours. The official did not detail which weapons from the recent package landed in the region first.

Pentagon spokesperson John Kirby in a press briefing said the Defense Department expects to start training Ukrainian trainers outside of Ukraine on how to use the U.S.-provided Howitzers in the coming days. The Ukrainian trainers will then return to Ukraine and train more troops.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ukraine-weapons-united-states-howitzers/
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:54:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Trump should shut the fuck up.

It's not his call.

Its Zelenskyy's.

Easy to whine for peace from your Florida home while orcs occupy Kherson and mariupol.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:55:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Trucks from Russia and Belarus fleeing from EU before sanctions -- they are no longer allowed in EU

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:57:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By vahog:

The Ukrainians have no reason to negotiate because they are winning

View Quote

You consider that winning?  Yes they have had some wins and took back some of their ground.  They have also had some major losses, lost most of their ports, cities are still be leveled, and only now is Russia actually starting to make a big push forward.  Russian has what 10x the equipment/forces that Ukraine does and they have lost 10%.  That means Russia still has 9x the equipment and forces compared to what Ukraine started with.  

As long as the rest of the world keeps supplying Ukraine with enough equipment I don't think they should negotiate but if there any delay in that equipment or if it stops then they could lose a lot of ground fast.  The supply issues is what doomed all the troops moving on Kyiv.  The Russian forces left have a strong and secure supply line behind them.  That is a completely different type of war than what we just saw.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:58:29 AM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

Sammy Hagar's in Russia now ?  

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:58:43 AM EDT
[#21]
The topic of repayment keeps popping up, so I thought I’d point out something that may have been missed:

The US currently has frozen $100 Billion dollars of Russian assets.  

There are multiple precedents in recent history where assets the US government froze were liquidated and used for other purposes, such as liquidating certain assets of Afghanistan to pay 9/11 survivors.

So, while I’m sure the prices is complex, there is absolutely a path forward there some (or all) of this Russian assets never make it back to Russian hands, snd instead go towards rebuilding Ukraine (and “repaying” countries for assets provided).
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:59:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:00:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By rca2222:
Did this get posted yet?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/176088/FQqPzxWWUAYrGXc_jpg-2354354.JPG
View Quote

Ok crimea, Donetsk, Luhansk go back to Ukraine.

Deal.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:02:37 AM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

Trump needs to go away.

Russia needs to be defeated and its people humiliated and ashamed for generations.

I'm sorry, WTF is there to negotiate?  It's simply get the fuck out of our country or we'll kill every last one of you.  There, negotiation ended.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:03:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:05:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Trucks from Russia and Belarus fleeing from EU before sanctions -- they are no longer allowed in EU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYejAhLZSNE
View Quote

Hopefully they're all empty.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:05:13 AM EDT
[#27]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYejAhLZSNE
View Quote

How long until the Russian army commandeers them, they get rolled into Ukraine, and blown up like those that went before them?
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:05:25 AM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

This video like alot of others really emphasizes the UA use of drones at the small unit level.
They have a drone operator with effective comms with artillery and infantry squads and the ammo to shell individual enemy squads and coms to carefully direct the capture of individual enemy infantry.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:08:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By sq40:

Damn.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By grambosc:
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:
Originally Posted By Zam18th:
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:
Originally Posted By RogueShot12er:
Originally Posted By Tuco22:
Can this thread go back to being news and stuff. That'd be great.

So like page 10?

This is just a Ukraine rah rah thread. Nothing wrong with that just don't expect unbiased information if you are following it.

It is what it is.

90% of Arfcom is either indifferent or pro Russia.   This is really the only thread that is somewhat pro Ukraine.

GD is more pro Russia than my Russian wife. It's pathetic.

Damn. Is it really that bad? I've been mostly avoiding it out of fear I'll lose a lot of respect for members or this community.

I checked it today after having been only in this thread and immediately regretted it.
Yes it's that bad.

It's bad, but my local real life acquaintances are even worse.  I left a conservative gathering last month over the pro Russia parroting, convinced that at some future point we may come to violence over irreconcilable differences.  

They basically accused anyone not embracing Team Russia of being hostile, and brainwashed, and implied that during an emergency they'd just come help themselves to our preps.  Maybe they were joking, but I now have to consider the possibility that I might have to use lethal force to defend myself and family from them at that point.  I've cut off all communications cold, and hopefully they'll just move on now.

However, I'm glad to have learned their true colors now instead of after a big SHTF event, when I may have hoped for their help.

Damn.  

A "conservative gathering".
Going to "help themselves" to your supplies.
I will take things that didn't happen for 1,000 Alex.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:08:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Piratepast40:

I'm sorry, WTF is there to negotiate?  It's simply get the fuck out of our country or we'll kill every last one of you.  There, negotiation ended.
View Quote

Negotiating doesn't mean you're going to give in or stop the war. Negotiating means Trump can give Putin an ultimatum if he doesn't pull forces out of Ukraine. I personally think if Trump got elected Putin would pull forces out right before Trump would take office again.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:09:02 AM EDT
[#31]

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/ac-map-RUSSIAN-NUCLEAR-BOMBERS-NEAR-UKRAINE.jpg?w=960

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/9b739095-8591-41a1-b0cd-20c5a9877a03.jpg?w=960

The TU-160 strategic bomber was seen in the skies over Western Russia amid huge pressure on the Kremlin over the sinking of the Moskva flagship in the Black Sea.

More
View Quote

The video they got the screenshots from is years old.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:09:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By glklvr:

Hopefully they're all empty.
View Quote

Probably bought a bunch of washers to flip in Russia.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:09:56 AM EDT
[#33]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFGva7yMr94
View Quote

I was hoping we were going to get a first person view of a atgm slamming into that orc tank
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:10:17 AM EDT
[#34]

Perhaps terror attacks in Russia can be a response.
View Quote

Do you even listen to yourself?
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:10:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

Yeah, not surprised by that whatsoever.
View All Quotes

What's the driving the May 9th deadline?
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:10:28 AM EDT
[#36]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFGva7yMr94
View Quote

1:27 Tree is no longer in my way.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:11:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By 7empest:
There is a GD thread about it but lmao too good not to be added here..

Noam Chomsky: Ukraine must make concessions to Russia's demands

Jewish American philosopher and linguist Noam Chomsky said that Ukraine must make concessions to Russian demands, saying that the public must “pay attention to the reality of the world,” in an interview with Current Affairs on Wednesday.

“One option is to pursue the policy we are now following… to fight Russia to the last Ukrainian. And yes, we can pursue that policy with the possibility of nuclear war. Or we can face the reality that the only alternative is a diplomatic settlement, which will be ugly – it will give Putin and his narrow circle an escape hatch,” Chomsky said.

https://www.jpost.com/international/article-704436
View Quote

They ledger out marxist in chomskys description
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:12:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:

View Quote

Holiday in Russia commemorating Nazi surrender in May '45.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:13:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By amanbearpig:

View Quote

Russian civillians should be safe while Ukrainians suffer?

Total war is total war. Total war is being waged on Ukraine.

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:13:28 AM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

"May 9 is a prominent holiday on the Russian calendar, a day the country marks the Nazi surrender in World War II with a huge parade of troops and weaponry across Red Square in front of the Kremlin."
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:14:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Trump should shut the fuck up.

It's not his call.

Its Zelenskyy's.

Easy to whine for peace from your Florida home while orcs occupy Kherson and mariupol.
View Quote

Well, we do have a right to an opinion seeing as we are footing most of the bill.
That being said, it is money well spent to help people fight for their homeland and destroy one of the last major dictatorships in the world.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:15:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mancow] [#42]
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:15:19 AM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

Honestly seems like NATO speculation echoing ARF speculation, if it can be believed at all.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:15:26 AM EDT
[#44]

Russia kicking out the Dutch
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M-1975:
The Dutch are sending AVs to Ukraine:

Russia kicking out the Dutch

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:15:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Shenanigunz:

He's an MSNBC twat.  Allegedly joined up with the international legion in Ukraine.

A useless talking head actually putting his ass on the line?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Shenanigunz:
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

Malcolm Nance
@MalcolmNance

Jan 3
WARNING:  62 days before 1/6 I warned on
@RealTimers
that Trump would start a political/paramilitary insurgency to seize American democracy.  It has begun. I detail the Trump Insurgency in my coming book

Not sure what to think about the dude

He's an MSNBC twat.  Allegedly joined up with the international legion in Ukraine.

A useless talking head actually putting his ass on the line?
Isn't he the guy that was a Navy cryptologist?

If so, I am surprised that Ukraine accepted him into their international legion without being an actual ground pounder with combat experience.  If he's there doing crypto work, I would think it would be tough to avoid conditions of his security clearance.

At least he's contributing unlike the Youtube war tourists we've seen.  Like that San Francisco dude that used Steve's hunker down theme with a some of the very common theme of travel content.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:16:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Direct hit of a bomb on a tank

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:16:56 AM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By amanbearpig:

This guy gets it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:17:19 AM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

It's their holy religious cult day where they celebrate losing 25 million orcs to the cause of defeating Germany.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:18:48 AM EDT
[#49]

Trump needs to go away.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rca2222:
Did this get posted yet?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/176088/FQqPzxWWUAYrGXc_jpg-2354354.JPG

Trump needs to go away.

Trump is falling into the trap that will let the Democrats pound him as a Russian puppet again.  “Collusion” charges will get backed up by statements like that, all over again.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:20:13 AM EDT
[#50]
Ukraine’s Defence Ministry Spokesman provides latest update on the war

Starts at (15:15)

LIVE: Ukraine’s Defence Ministry Spokesman provides latest update on the war

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5589
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top