BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5588
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 10/27/2021 8:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer]
It says it's been moved, but the link just takes me to the Community page. What gives?

This is now the active "shit (might be) is definitely happening in Ukraine" thread.

News links, thanks to BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
LINKS TO UKRAINIAN NEWS SOURCES IN ENGLISH

Kyiv Post

Ukrainian News

UKRInform

EUROMAIDEN PRESS

New Voice of Ukraine

Kyiv Independent

Ukraine World

InterFax Ukraine

UATV

Ukrainian Journal

Official Website of the President of Ukraine

Ukrainian Ministry of Defense

Save these links. I can't post all the headlines like I've done in the past - too much news and too often.
View Quote

Please @ me with additional stuff to be added here. I don't currently have time to properly curate this thread otherwise.

New news link c/o berettaguy:

Ukrainian Pravda
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/

Stop fake, anti - disinformation site:
https://www.stopfake.org/en/main/
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:53:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Chokey:
View Quote
By that rationale, they should light one off right on Putin's bed.

They're watching him destroy their country and are still obsessed with the West boogeyman. That's a special kind of psychosis.

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:53:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Tboy:

I don't attention whore and refuse to play into that game.  I don't even know who those two people you named dropped are and honestly don't care because I don't do "LOOK AT ME" social media, begging for followers.  I have refused MULTIPLE interviews because they do this for sensationalism, act like they really care, then leave when they're done, letting others pick up the pieces while they move on to the next big story.  I think you asking for ARFCOM to donate to you so you could jump on a plane to self promote yourself as part of your war/conflict tourism is poor taste and I refuse to get involved with whatever agenda you have.  I don't have the time, energy, or willingness to babysit outsiders that know nothing about this country, culture, or people.  I especially don't appreciate some random guy messaging me, asking for help ONCE they arrived, instead of trying to coordinate beforehand, like a normal person would (I missed your drama thread because I was too busy transporting refugees to Italy that week).  You might have good motives but I am suspect and know there were better ways to spend the money than for your vacation.  Maybe I'm bitter?  Possibly, but I see so many here that are using this conflict for their own entertainment and escapism instead of the few that are affected by this war.

I prefer to work behind the scenes and coordinate with many locals that are constantly getting changing requests for assistance.  There's been a thread created by a member asking what a good charity would be to contribute to.  I told him to PM me because I have various options for him to contribute to but he never did.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By eesmith:
Ian McCollum messaged me to ask for recommendations for places to donate he could boost on his channel, I messaged you twice because I was going to have him send his followers your way but you never responded.

I had two other people (Nancy Rommelmann and Antonio Garcia Martinez) that were willing to boost you as well.

I don't attention whore and refuse to play into that game.  I don't even know who those two people you named dropped are and honestly don't care because I don't do "LOOK AT ME" social media, begging for followers.  I have refused MULTIPLE interviews because they do this for sensationalism, act like they really care, then leave when they're done, letting others pick up the pieces while they move on to the next big story.  I think you asking for ARFCOM to donate to you so you could jump on a plane to self promote yourself as part of your war/conflict tourism is poor taste and I refuse to get involved with whatever agenda you have.  I don't have the time, energy, or willingness to babysit outsiders that know nothing about this country, culture, or people.  I especially don't appreciate some random guy messaging me, asking for help ONCE they arrived, instead of trying to coordinate beforehand, like a normal person would (I missed your drama thread because I was too busy transporting refugees to Italy that week).  You might have good motives but I am suspect and know there were better ways to spend the money than for your vacation.  Maybe I'm bitter?  Possibly, but I see so many here that are using this conflict for their own entertainment and escapism instead of the few that are affected by this war.

I prefer to work behind the scenes and coordinate with many locals that are constantly getting changing requests for assistance.  There's been a thread created by a member asking what a good charity would be to contribute to.  I told him to PM me because I have various options for him to contribute to but he never did.

And you prove once again who and what you are... I have a trillion times the respect for EE than I have for you. Until you post proof of you in Ukraine helping the Ukrainians protect themselves from the Russian hordes, which you call grandstanding, I call bullshit on everything you say. Prove me wrong. Oh wait, you don't have to according to some grand ethos you claim. In other words, internet poser until proven otherwise.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:54:22 PM EDT
[#3]
cruise missile launches

View Quote

Shit. Where are those things going? Is Mariupol in range?
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:57:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

I'm gonna go with Fort 14TP with a threaded barrel.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/Ukraine36_jpg-2322532.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

1911?

Saving private ryan was legit?

A slide mounted safety where DOWN is FIRE?

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:57:50 PM EDT
[#5]

So, I guess it is kosher now to start posting PMs?  Gotcha.

Also, you assumed that I read you PM but didn't even look at it until you messaged me again.  I just don't want to be associated with you because I don't want to be sucked into your circus, especially with a trans person coming to a country where this is frowned upon and folks laugh at you (Ukrainians will be nice in your face but laugh at you behind your back).
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By eesmith:

I mean if you're complaining about poor fundraising, then turn down three different people with big followings that specifically are interested in boosting you for donations, then you no longer get to complain about not raising money, because raising money effectively means getting into the limelight.

I also didn't ask you for help, I DM'd you to OFFER help.

I went to Ukraine because at the beginning of the war my American expat friend in Yavoriv asked for help, and gave me a list of specific medical items they needed. The equipment I took over ended up being split between Father Roman at the Garrison Church for distribution to their guys, and Yavoriv. The latter ended up being put to use after the air strike there, so it already has been put to good use. We've also set up a 501 and have sourced armor from Poland and IFAKs from Slovakia.

Yes, I also facilitated several journalists getting good, tear-jerking and emotional stories out, which if you've paid attention to the information war you will understand how much that has mattered so far.

You've been offered actual material help with your objectives, yet all I've seen you do so far is sulk like a child and post pictures of you screaming like an unhinged lunatic at the journalists that came to help you get Ukraine's story out.

I never got a response to this:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/214740/587AA17D-E848-487B-A10A-DD87CDC883CB-2322458.jpg

So, I guess it is kosher now to start posting PMs?  Gotcha.

Also, you assumed that I read you PM but didn't even look at it until you messaged me again.  I just don't want to be associated with you because I don't want to be sucked into your circus, especially with a trans person coming to a country where this is frowned upon and folks laugh at you (Ukrainians will be nice in your face but laugh at you behind your back).

I got no dog in this fight, but eesmith posted a PM they sent to you, eesmith didn't post a PM you sent to them.

In other words, I'm not sure what your beef is here, it's not like they exposed your secret information you only divulged through PM.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:03:31 PM EDT
[#6]

I agree.  Just venting (while sirens are going off) that ARFCOM is using this more for entertainment purposes.  As promised, I will not be posting in here again once I answer comments and you won't see any pictures of updates in this thread again.  Just not worth the frustration.
View Quote

Whatever it's worth I appreciate your updates and insights.  It's a damn shame some jack wagons keep baiting you into dick measuring debates.  Just ignore them and don't let them drag you down with childish antics.  I literally put my first one on Ignore and by golly , it works pretty good.  

Good luck.  This is likely to be a long game.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:06:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Current Russian equipment losses as verified by Oryx:

Russia - 1706, of which: destroyed: 826, damaged: 32, abandoned: 221, captured: 627
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:08:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DK-Prof] [#8]
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:08:32 PM EDT
[#9]
WASHINGTON (AP)  President Joe Biden plans to announce new sanctions against Russia on Thursday while in Brussels for meetings with NATO and European allies, according to a top national security aide.

Biden, who will take part in a special meeting of NATO and address the European Council summit, is also expected to underscore efforts to enforce the avalanche of existing sanctions already announced by the U.S. and allies.

"He will join our partners in imposing further sanctions on Russia and tightening the existing sanctions to crack down on evasion and to ensure robust enforcement," said White House national security adviser Jake Sullivan, who declined to further preview new sanctions the president will announce.

Biden is traveling to Brussels and Poland  which has received more than 2 million Ukrainian refugees who have fled since the Feb. 24 invasion  looking to press for continued unity among Western allies as Russia presses on with its brutal invasion of Ukraine.

In Poland, Biden will meet with Polish President Andrzej Duda, who has requested further U.S. aid and a stepped up military presence on NATO's eastern flank as the war grinds on. The U.S. has already added several thousand U.S. troops to it regular presence. Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Romania have also called for a greater NATO or U.S. military presence in recent weeks.
View Quote
Biden to announce new Russia sanctions while in Brussels
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:09:07 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Imagine being such a shitty shit hole of a country, the only way you get claim others are threatening your existence is to invade neighboring countries, because no one gives a rats ass to invade your muddy frozen shithole, and even historic invasions were just passing through to get to the good stuff.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:09:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Hopefully the Ukrainian guys have a way to scan captured vehicles for GPS transmitters.  Could might be a way for Russians to track their stuff back to a Ukrainian base.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:11:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:

And you prove once again who and what you are... I have a trillion times the respect for EE than I have for you. Until you post proof of you in Ukraine helping the Ukrainians protect themselves from the Russian hordes, which you call grandstanding, I call bullshit on everything you say. Prove me wrong. Oh wait, you don't have to according to some grand ethos you claim. In other words, internet poser until proven otherwise.
View Quote

Dude, you just jumped the shark.  No wonder we can't have good things.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:12:06 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

you think he's gonna be an asset, or a liability?  maybe they can keep him in-the-rear-with-the-gear filling sandbags, loading mags.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:12:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By CGC:

I hear there is a nice forest there...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CGC:
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:

Send them to Poland. LOL

I hear there is a nice forest there...

That forest you are probably referencing is actually in Russia.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:12:28 PM EDT
[#15]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
Originally Posted By Element94:
Originally Posted By CZ75_9MM:
Looks like a volcanic eruption.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOY8G_HXoAEvtcQ?format=jpg&name=large

God, you can even see a sheen on the water.

It's incredible, you can track her from space with the smoke, and the leaking.  Landsat 8 image.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxBDUGtWQAg5Yl3?format=jpg&name=large
Looks like photoshop smoke

Here's the ship
https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.47d6aeb2f44242789d38e1a5b5bc0009?rik=Vxmg9HO3sIemIA&riu=http%3a%2f%2fwww.naval.com.br%2fblog%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2016%2f10%2fAdmiral-Kuznetsov-passando-pelo-Canal-Ingl%c3%aas-2.jpg&ehk=33WsUkq4qEGDdWgi474vG4W0san5707p87Dy%2b5T5GNk%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

That's her at low speed, watch what happens when she gets up to speed, its hilarious.

https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article9094482.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Russian-ships-set-to-pass-English-channel.jpg

https://thebarentsobserver.com/sites/default/files/styles/full_width/public/kuzze_in_smoke.jpeg?itok=7Y1z-j6T

The best part is that their carrier battle group includes at least one ocean going tug.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:12:29 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't think Assad is going to be very happy with this.

Leaders of Egypt, Israel, and the United Arab Emirates have met for a three-way summit, the first of its kind since the UAE normalised relations with Israel, with the aftermath of the invasion of Ukraine, as well as the Iran nuclear deal, on the agenda.

Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi hosted the talks on Tuesday at the Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh with Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett and the UAE's de facto ruler, Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan.

Bennett and Mohammed had also held bilateral talks with el-Sisi on Monday.

Egypt's presidency said the three leaders discussed energy, market stability, and food security.

A statement from Bennett's office said, "The leaders discussed the ties between the three countries in the context of recent developments in the world and the region, and the ways to strengthen them on all levels."

Israeli media said the leaders also addressed reports that Iran and Western powers, including the United States, are close to a deal to revive the 2015 nuclear accord, which Israel vehemently opposes.

Egypt, in particular, is facing challenges in the areas of energy and food security after the war in Ukraine sent commodity prices soaring, prompting Cairo on Monday to devalue its currency by 14 percent.

The war has also left Egypt facing higher costs for its substantial wheat import needs, as well as a loss in tourism revenue from Russian and Ukrainian visitors to Red Sea resorts. Russia and Ukraine are the main suppliers of wheat to Egypt, which is often the world's largest importer.
View Quote
Egypt, UAE, Israel leaders meet for first ever three-way summit
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:12:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:14:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:17:07 PM EDT
[#19]

Needs to be shopped onto a milk carton.

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:17:31 PM EDT
[#20]

I was joking about the hot water thing since Americans don't do cold showers.  The only way to keep my mother from having a complete meltdown was to promise her that I wouldn't look for a fight.  I never promised that I was going to run from a fight.  I have turned her efforts into fundraising so I can help those in need here but she's telling me every day to leave.  I personally have never asked for assistance and NEVER WILL but I try to help as many as possible.  As explained, I think his actions were more self serving but I guess that is the mentality of Instagram folks which I don't follow.

Glad you're getting into the fight but I think I'm better served helping the support system in the West, especially since we don't have needed military gear.  I have personal contact information of the actual guys coordinating with the legion so I'm good.

Yet another siren going off.  This is tiresome.
View Quote
Well, all the questions have been answered. You can leave now. Godspeed
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:18:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Ya'll just stop this sniping.  The dude that brought supplies aint a saint, and Tboy probably ain't no angel either.  But, from what I've seen, he's doing more to help than the other dude, he's not sugar coating shit, and he's clearly not doing it for the forum kudos and 'gram likes.  

And Tboy made a very good point, hurtful as it might be to the other dude, and that's that the other dude's life choices don't mesh well with the people he's there trying to help, and associating with him could be more than counterproductive.

And yeah, I get it, ya'll want the narrative that all the Ukrainian folks have big brass balls and a taste for Russian blood, and totally have their shit together.  We all like an underdog story when we don't have a dog in the hunt.  

But every one of us can look back on our life and point out folks that dropped the ball or didn't live up to ideals, and no doubt, some of us are guilty of doing that ourselves.  Need to use that same filter when looking at what's happening in Ukraine.  

So, step back, take it elsewhere, write nasty IMs, I don't care, just leave it out of this thread.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:18:58 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote
Of course, they also said they weren't going to invade Ukraine.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:19:58 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

Does that include being canceled by the Planet?
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:20:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Croak:
Ya'll just stop this sniping.  The dude that brought supplies aint a saint, and Tboy probably ain't no angel either.  But, from what I've seen, he's doing more to help than the other dude, he's not sugar coating shit, and he's clearly not doing it for the forum kudos and 'gram likes.  

And Tboy made a very good point, hurtful as it might be to the other dude, and that's that the other dude's life choices don't mesh well with the people he's there trying to help, and associating with him could be more than counterproductive.

And yeah, I get it, ya'll want the narrative that all the Ukrainian folks have big brass balls and a taste for Russian blood, and totally have their shit together.  We all like an underdog story when we don't have a dog in the hunt.  

But every one of us can look back on our life and point out folks that dropped the ball or didn't live up to ideals, and no doubt, some of us are guilty of doing that ourselves.  Need to use that same filter when looking at what's happening in Ukraine.  

So, step back, take it elsewhere, write nasty IMs, I don't care, just leave it out of this thread.
View Quote

Hmm... let me post a bunch of bullshit and then end it with "take it elsewhere... leave it out of this thread."
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:20:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: boltcatch] [#25]
Originally Posted By Suburbanhillbilly:

Remember - the people rushing to cameras and mics blathering about how wonderfully democratic Zelnsky and Ukraine are is the same group of hardcore commies applauding when an American administration demands that private media companies censor and ban speech they don't like. The same group of communists rubbing their hands with glee over the unending imprisonment of "insurrectionists".

OK ~ sorry for the thread sidetrack. But there really is a mob mentality developing here that is defining Right Think, and anyone not going along is a Putain supporter. Ya'll be wrong.
View Quote

People are calling this set of talking points Putin shilling because they're obviously retarded and they don't want to believe that someone would adopt them voluntarily.

Ukrainian politics isn't American domestic politics.  Just because our own government is a bunch of jackasses doesn't mean that someone else external they're rooting for is guilty by association.   One of the huge benefits they [western lefties] see in supporting this war vs. some other war - and make no mistake, the US left is in dire need of a war right now, even if we're not a direct combatant - is that it's so damn easy to use it to bait opposition into being retards and backing the Russians (who, for their part, not only have been facilitating that for their own ends, but are happy to continue doing so).

I disagree with a substantial number of GD'ers that are regulars in this thread on domestic American politics; I consider some of them squishy centrists at best.   But I am in complete agreement with a few of them that too many conservatives are easily led, gullible, and possess the political perceptiveness of potted plants.

Your run of the middle middle class Dem type - your librarians, that annoying cat lady down the street, your smarmy local schoolteachers - they don't have to have it spelled out how this situation benefits them domestically.  They get it.    Too many of their conservative peers are running around clueless about who is playing who, how, and why, while saying dumb shit like "but pRopAganDa!" as if they live in some sort of magical spin free bubble.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:21:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

Hmm... let me post a bunch of bullshit and then end it with "take it elsewhere... leave it out of this thread."
View Quote

Precisely.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:21:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:21:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

Nice. Super nice. Much envy, I think I hate you.
View All Quotes

Nice. Super nice. Much envy, I think I hate you.

I am definitely not the guy in the picture.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:22:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

It’s not nuclear powered but rather by fossil fuel. Therefore coal roller is applicable.
View All Quotes

ITs actually not a coal roller.

It’s not nuclear powered but rather by fossil fuel. Therefore coal roller is applicable.

Tweet said coal-fired.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:22:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By feetpiece:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By feetpiece:

In Putin's head, Russia's very existence is already threatened. All he has to do is proclaim it and that justifies launching nukes.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:23:19 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:24:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Haub:

Geez... thats a sight not often seen. Quite the salvo.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Haub:
cruise missile launches

Geez... thats a sight not often seen. Quite the salvo.

Not really. I saw a window frame when I turned around in my chair just now.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:24:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By mancat:

Just before the Ukraine invasion started I was reading a comment from a German regarding Germany's wind down of nuke power and shifting to LNG for domestic power production.

It was some of the most ignorant, smug shit I've ever read.

It boiled down to "we the German people are enlightened and have decided that we are done with war, there will never be another European war.. Because of that, buying energy from Russia will not be an issue because the Russians understand that Germany is good now, and despite our NATO membership we are no longer a war like people. There is no threat to Germany from Russia and vice versa. Nuclear power is more dangerous than Russia and we are doing the right thing getting rid of it. Claims of our dependence on Russia for energy are just scare tactics, Russia will not start a war."

Several days later Russia kicked it off. Boy that shit aged like fine milk.
View Quote

The hubris of leftism knows no national boundary.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:25:03 PM EDT
[#34]

Tweet said coal-fired.
View All Quotes

ITs actually not a coal roller.

Tweet said coal-fired.

you guys still arguing about that photoshopped pic?
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:25:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2tired2run] [#35]
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:

View All Quotes

Leaders of Egypt, Israel, and the United Arab Emirates have met for a three-way summit, the first of its kind since the UAE normalised relations with Israel, with the aftermath of the invasion of Ukraine, as well as the Iran nuclear deal, on the agenda.

Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi hosted the talks on Tuesday at the Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh with Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett and the UAE's de facto ruler, Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan.

Bennett and Mohammed had also held bilateral talks with el-Sisi on Monday.

Egypt's presidency said the three leaders discussed energy, market stability, and food security.

A statement from Bennett's office said, "The leaders discussed the ties between the three countries in the context of recent developments in the world and the region, and the ways to strengthen them on all levels."

Israeli media said the leaders also addressed reports that Iran and Western powers, including the United States, are close to a deal to revive the 2015 nuclear accord, which Israel vehemently opposes.

Egypt, in particular, is facing challenges in the areas of energy and food security after the war in Ukraine sent commodity prices soaring, prompting Cairo on Monday to devalue its currency by 14 percent.

The war has also left Egypt facing higher costs for its substantial wheat import needs, as well as a loss in tourism revenue from Russian and Ukrainian visitors to Red Sea resorts. Russia and Ukraine are the main suppliers of wheat to Egypt, which is often the world's largest importer.

"Egypt, in particular, is facing challenges in the areas of energy and food security after the war in Ukraine sent commodity prices soaring, prompting Cairo on Monday to devalue its currency by 14 percent."

Peter Ziehan is looking like a profit....

ETA:  Wonder if we could use this to get rid of ethanol in Gas and grow edible stuff to sell.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:25:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
Please knock off the bickering!!

EVERYONE who is helping (in their own way) deserve our respect and our thanks, even if opinions may differ on the best or most effective ways to help.

View Quote

You know, for all the purse swinging it seems like there is actually a bit more unity.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:26:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Supposedly Russian saboteurs dressed in Ukrainian uniforms captured in Kyiv.

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:26:52 PM EDT
[#38]
More info on the cyber warfare warning.

(CNN)Hackers associated with Russian internet addresses have been scanning the networks of five US energy companies in a possible prelude to hacking attempts, the FBI said in a March 18 advisory to US businesses obtained by CNN.

The FBI issued the notice days before President Joe Biden publicly warned that Kremlin-linked hackers could target US organizations as the Russian military continues to suffer heavy losses in Ukraine and as Western sanctions on the Kremlin begin to bite.

Deputy national security adviser Anne Neuberger said during Monday's White House briefing that Russia had been conducting "preparatory activity" for cyber attacks, which she said could include scanning websites and hunting for software vulnerabilities."

There are at least 18 US companies in other sectors, such as defense and financial services that were subjected to the scanning, the FBI said.

There are no confirmed breaches related to the scanning, but the FBI advisory is the latest in a chorus of warnings from US officials to critical infrastructure operators to be on alert for potential Russian hacking. "The magnitude of Russia's cyber capacity is fairly consequential and it's coming," Biden told business executives on Monday.

The Russia-based Internet Protocol addresses, or data that identifies a computer, are "believed to be associated with cyber actors who previously conducted destructive cyber activity against foreign critical infrastructure," the FBI said in its advisory.

"This scanning activity has increased since the start of the Russia/Ukraine conflict, leading to a greater possibility of future intrusions," the FBI memo states.
View Quote
FBI advised that hackers scanned networks of 5 US energy firms ahead of Biden's Russia cyberattack warning
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:27:31 PM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes

It's incredible, you can track her from space with the smoke, and the leaking.  Landsat 8 image.

Here's the ship
https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.47d6aeb2f44242789d38e1a5b5bc0009?rik=Vxmg9HO3sIemIA&riu=http%3a%2f%2fwww.naval.com.br%2fblog%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2016%2f10%2fAdmiral-Kuznetsov-passando-pelo-Canal-Ingl%c3%aas-2.jpg&ehk=33WsUkq4qEGDdWgi474vG4W0san5707p87Dy%2b5T5GNk%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

That's her at low speed, watch what happens when she gets up to speed, its hilarious.

https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article9094482.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Russian-ships-set-to-pass-English-channel.jpg

https://thebarentsobserver.com/sites/default/files/styles/full_width/public/kuzze_in_smoke.jpeg?itok=7Y1z-j6T

I think the initial picture and the sat pics are from 2019 when she caught fire in port. I seem to remember they towed her out with the idea to scuttle her in shallow water to put the fires out.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:28:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

The best part is that their carrier battle group includes at least one ocean going tug.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

Here's the ship

lol, one or more tugs, was not going to mention that.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:28:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By realwar:
Ukrainian tycoon and politician's glamorous wife 'carried $29million in CASH through a refugee border crossing into the EU'

Money was spotted by Hungarian customs in baggage of Anastasia Kotvitska. Criminal probe launched into failure to declare removal of sum from Ukraine

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/03/22/01/55636721-10637997-image-a-22_1647914213773.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/03/22/01/55636767-10637997-image-a-25_1647914438107.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/03/22/01/55636719-10637997-image-m-24_1647914407373.jpg

More
View Quote

Too bad the floor in the first pic isnt a little more reflective.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:28:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
Please knock off the bickering!!

EVERYONE who is helping (in their own way) deserve our respect and our thanks, even if opinions may differ on the best or most effective ways to help.

View Quote

Glad I scrolled down before replying.

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:28:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:29:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HiramRanger] [#44]
Edit out of respect for DK
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:30:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By 2tired2run:

"Egypt, in particular, is facing challenges in the areas of energy and food security after the war in Ukraine sent commodity prices soaring, prompting Cairo on Monday to devalue its currency by 14 percent."

Peter Ziehan is looking like a profit....

ETA:  Wonder if we could use this to get rid of ethanol in Gas and grow edible stuff to sell.
View Quote
Distribution is still the biggest issue. The US could feed the world if we could just figure out how to ship it to the hungry people at a profit.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:30:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Looks like Russia is preparing to pull out of their Embassy in Poland.  They are burning documents.

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:31:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: birdbarian] [#47]

FBI advised that hackers scanned networks of 5 US energy firms ahead of Biden's Russia cyberattack warning
View All Quotes

(CNN)Hackers associated with Russian internet addresses have been scanning the networks of five US energy companies in a possible prelude to hacking attempts, the FBI said in a March 18 advisory to US businesses obtained by CNN.

The FBI issued the notice days before President Joe Biden publicly warned that Kremlin-linked hackers could target US organizations as the Russian military continues to suffer heavy losses in Ukraine and as Western sanctions on the Kremlin begin to bite.

Deputy national security adviser Anne Neuberger said during Monday's White House briefing that Russia had been conducting "preparatory activity" for cyber attacks, which she said could include scanning websites and hunting for software vulnerabilities."

There are at least 18 US companies in other sectors, such as defense and financial services that were subjected to the scanning, the FBI said.

There are no confirmed breaches related to the scanning, but the FBI advisory is the latest in a chorus of warnings from US officials to critical infrastructure operators to be on alert for potential Russian hacking. "The magnitude of Russia's cyber capacity is fairly consequential and it's coming," Biden told business executives on Monday.

The Russia-based Internet Protocol addresses, or data that identifies a computer, are "believed to be associated with cyber actors who previously conducted destructive cyber activity against foreign critical infrastructure," the FBI said in its advisory.

"This scanning activity has increased since the start of the Russia/Ukraine conflict, leading to a greater possibility of future intrusions," the FBI memo states.

Bigger news would be when are they NOT scanning things.

ETA: Why are they not geo-blocking those IPs as well as Belarus, China, etc? It won't stop the bad guys from using services in other countries, but it seems they still rely heavily on their own infrastructure. I'm amazed at how the scanning of my little piece of the Internet has increased from Russia in the past 3 weeks.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:35:31 PM EDT
[#48]

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:35:32 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

"Our economy has collapsed because of sanctions. Our existence is threatened!"

Very easy.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:36:17 PM EDT
[#50]

They are saying they have actual evidence the attack on civilians and hospitals was not random or accidental. It was intentional. They can prove it.
View Quote

Intercepted comms I'd imagine.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5588
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top