BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5588
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 10/27/2021 8:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer]
It says it's been moved, but the link just takes me to the Community page. What gives?

This is now the active "shit (might be) is definitely happening in Ukraine" thread.

News links, thanks to BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
LINKS TO UKRAINIAN NEWS SOURCES IN ENGLISH

Kyiv Post

Ukrainian News

UKRInform

EUROMAIDEN PRESS

New Voice of Ukraine

Kyiv Independent

Ukraine World

InterFax Ukraine

UATV

Ukrainian Journal

Official Website of the President of Ukraine

Ukrainian Ministry of Defense

Save these links. I can't post all the headlines like I've done in the past - too much news and too often.
View Quote

Please @ me with additional stuff to be added here. I don't currently have time to properly curate this thread otherwise.

New news link c/o berettaguy:

Ukrainian Pravda
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/

Stop fake, anti - disinformation site:
https://www.stopfake.org/en/main/
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:19:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Tboy:

You made a very flawed assumption that I know what an "affinity group" is.  I don't do social media, don't have Twitter, don't have Instagram, and only post on FB expat groups for information.  You will see a VERY TINY social media footprint from me.

Richmond USA isn't LVIV UA.  People here are different so having some foreigner come here that doesn't speak the language, that doesn't look like them, and is running around other "journalists" is different than a local.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mnd:

One of the benefits of leveraging existing affinity groups is that you can get traction faster than building one from scratch.

Someone trying to plug you into existing groups is doing YOU a favor and giving you an opportunity to prime the pump building your own group.

ETA: Everyone is permitted to have their own agenda, but all the folks who showed up at Richmond can vouch for eesmith being a resource worth paying attention to.

You made a very flawed assumption that I know what an "affinity group" is.  I don't do social media, don't have Twitter, don't have Instagram, and only post on FB expat groups for information.  You will see a VERY TINY social media footprint from me.

Richmond USA isn't LVIV UA.  People here are different so having some foreigner come here that doesn't speak the language, that doesn't look like them, and is running around other "journalists" is different than a local.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:19:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By eesmith:
You literally turned down a chance to get it shared to 2.4 million people.

The reality is your condition of total secrecy means fundraising is effectively limited to wealthy benefactors or corporate sponsorship, otherwise crowdfunding means people need to know about it so they can donate.

You don't want journalists to come, you don't want people talking publicly about raising money, and yet you somehow expect to win the information war and effectively raise money. I think you need to recalibrate your expectations.
View Quote

I've been very clear here and in MANY OTHER POSTS that I refuse to participate in social media.  There are many people working behind the scenes getting funding and assistance.  Maybe I'm old school but I just don't get Instagram folks that constantly post their live stories and they assume everyone else is an attention whore.  I'm not but I am local and have contacts of many folks in need to that could be shared other ways instead of putting my face on this war.  Maybe that hurts the cause.  I don't know.  But I'm not changing my mind that it was selfish to ask folks here to finance your trip.  As stated, I'm trying to answer questions or clear things up and then I'm not getting back into this worthless thread.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:19:43 PM EDT
[#3]
1254 is owned by another ghost
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:21:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

1911?
View All Quotes

1911?

Saving private ryan was legit?
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:21:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Easterner] [#5]

So, I guess it is kosher now to start posting PMs?  Gotcha.

Also, you assumed that I read you PM but didn't even look at it until you messaged me again.  I just don't want to be associated with you because I don't want to be sucked into your circus, especially with a trans person coming to a country where this is frowned upon and folks laugh at you (Ukrainians will be nice in your face but laugh at you behind your back).
View Quote

Why are you attacking a member that came here to help and may not align with your personal beliefs??  You have gone from "I'm leaving when the hot water runs out" to lecturing Ukrainians on what to do. Lead by example. I am on the list for the legion. PM me if you need contact info.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:22:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Obo2:

i think you greatly underestimate this sites willingness and ability to help.
but go ahead and complain
View Quote

And you would be mistaken.  I assume your DM was lost with all the other guys offering to send money or aid.  I've been tempered for over 2 weeks but have finally had my limit.  If you were in my situation, I doubt you'd be as calm as me.  I might be wrong.  Doubtful.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:22:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Greyswandir:

What are we looking at?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Greyswandir:

What are we looking at?

Two time WW champion?
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:22:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Guess I'm wrong since I never read his message and only glanced at it since I have no intention of putting myself into the limelight.  Running around and dealing with constant communications from the US (8 hour time difference) so not able to sleep, then constantly woken up by sirens, then not being able to eat, and then having to squabble with an "expert" here is annoying.  I'm out of this thread as soon as I answer all the questions, if there are any left.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By juan223:

Well...they don't appear to be your words...

Guess I'm wrong since I never read his message and only glanced at it since I have no intention of putting myself into the limelight.  Running around and dealing with constant communications from the US (8 hour time difference) so not able to sleep, then constantly woken up by sirens, then not being able to eat, and then having to squabble with an "expert" here is annoying.  I'm out of this thread as soon as I answer all the questions, if there are any left.

I was merely pointing out that your private thoughts were not exposed.  I am hoping for the safety of you and your family and that you can all get some relief from this mess.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:22:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zam18th] [#9]
Originally Posted By atavistic:

Who is going in to make the arrest?
View Quote
What does that matter? If there is clear evidence of war crimes, should that not be reported?  "Who's going to make the arrest?" is like saying serial killers probably won't be caught, so no point in reporting it.

Anyway, it's irrelevant because it is more about increasing pressure and building a case for future actions.

ETA cleaned up my nonsense a bit
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:22:56 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Cute. Not sure you're in a position to making demands there, vlad.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:24:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By mnd:

Good luck.
View Quote

Thanks.

Every day.  Every hour is an unknown adventure.

Great way to lose weight!  Too bad I bought 150 cheap Polish candy bars (which are amazing so I expect the other 450 that made it to Kiev would be appreciated)
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:24:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eesmith] [#12]
Not worth it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:27:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:

View Quote

Insert "Captain Obvious gif here"....jesus anyone with a twitter account has known this for a while.  Our US intelligence seems to be .....lacking.

ETA: Rant not pointed Zam18th
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:28:22 PM EDT
[#14]

1911?
View All Quotes

1911?

That's what it looks like to me.

Also, no long gun.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:28:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:29:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By ad_nauseam:

No, it makes sense what he did. He banned just the pro-russian parties, not *all* opposition parties.  That show was misleading.

The regime is fighting for its survival. That's why there is martial law in Kiev and in other cities.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ad_nauseam:
Originally Posted By TheResurrector:

Wow, that was incredible. Sounds like Zelensky is just as bad as Putin.

No, it makes sense what he did. He banned just the pro-russian parties, not *all* opposition parties.  That show was misleading.

The regime is fighting for its survival. That's why there is martial law in Kiev and in other cities.

During wartime I see this akin to banning the Nazi party during WWII.  I'm not sure this trips my "it's an issue" meter.  

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:30:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OBird] [#17]
Originally Posted By mnd6563:
More US Intel on Putin planning bio/chem attack.  Based on intercepted comms, not speculation.

View Quote

Honest question: are there bio-weapons in “use” that can be used WITHOUT a huge risk of creating another plague/pandemic/etc? Like viruses specifically ‘engineered’ to degrade in lethality after x number of mutations, etc?

Or are they pretty much all difficult to control / risky for everyone involved?
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:31:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Easterner:

Why are you attacking a member that came here to help and may not align with your personal beliefs??  You have gone from "I'm leaving when the hot water runs out" to lecturing Ukrainians on what to do. Lead by example. I am on the list for the legion. PM me if you need contact info.
View Quote

I was joking about the hot water thing since Americans don't do cold showers.  The only way to keep my mother from having a complete meltdown was to promise her that I wouldn't look for a fight.  I never promised that I was going to run from a fight.  I have turned her efforts into fundraising so I can help those in need here but she's telling me every day to leave.  I personally have never asked for assistance and NEVER WILL but I try to help as many as possible.  As explained, I think his actions were more self serving but I guess that is the mentality of Instagram folks which I don't follow.

Glad you're getting into the fight but I think I'm better served helping the support system in the West, especially since we don't have needed military gear.  I have personal contact information of the actual guys coordinating with the legion so I'm good.

Yet another siren going off.  This is tiresome.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:31:46 PM EDT
[#19]

Fingers crossed that we can change the mindset to get folks to use these resources.  

I had been trying to 2 years to get my wife into therapy to address her serious mental health problem that is destroying her medical health and I had her convinced, financed, and reaching out to therapists in Kyiv as of February but this derailed everything.  Now I fear all is lost and have resigned myself to this miserable fate.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m24shooter:

ICISF and EMDRIA are two organizations that do exactly that. There is also a big Israeli outfit that does it.

Fingers crossed that we can change the mindset to get folks to use these resources.  

I had been trying to 2 years to get my wife into therapy to address her serious mental health problem that is destroying her medical health and I had her convinced, financed, and reaching out to therapists in Kyiv as of February but this derailed everything.  Now I fear all is lost and have resigned myself to this miserable fate.

Thanks to Covid, telehealth/remote counseling have become more widespread. That may be worth exploring after the acute life safety issues are sorted.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:32:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Dracster:
The Belarusian army is only something like 65k troops.

"On the Belarusian-Ukrainian border - an accumulation of offensive weapons

Maxar has published new photos from the Gomel region.

The SBU estimates the probability of Belarus' invasion of Ukraine as quite high. It may be about sending from 10 to 15 thousand soldiers."

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-03-22_11-25-59_jpg-2322368.JPG
View Quote

10,000 - 15,000 troops? So like, a weeks' worth of fodder?
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:32:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By 2tired2run:

Insert "Captain Obvious gif here"....jesus anyone with a twitter account has known this for a while.  Our US intelligence seems to be .....lacking.

View Quote
No offense taken.

I could be wrong but I take the "clear evidence" quote to mean that they're building a case for something.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:32:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
She seems very high maintenance
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Originally Posted By realwar:
Ukrainian tycoon and politician's glamorous wife 'carried $29million in CASH through a refugee border crossing into the EU'

Money was spotted by Hungarian customs in baggage of Anastasia Kotvitska. Criminal probe launched into failure to declare removal of sum from Ukraine

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/03/22/01/55636721-10637997-image-a-22_1647914213773.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/03/22/01/55636767-10637997-image-a-25_1647914438107.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/03/22/01/55636719-10637997-image-m-24_1647914407373.jpg

More
She seems very high maintenance

But she comes with her own maintenance fund
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:33:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Easterner] [#23]
Maybe find Christ, IDK. This guy is burying members of his flock 2-3 times a day and still manages to keep it together better than you.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/214740/46EC7332-4B51-48EA-9D72-790E1766953F-2322521.jpg
View All Quotes

i think you greatly underestimate this sites willingness and ability to help.
but go ahead and complain

And you would be mistaken.  I assume your DM was lost with all the other guys offering to send money or aid.  I've been tempered for over 2 weeks but have finally had my limit.  If you were in my situation, I doubt you'd be as calm as me.  I might be wrong.  Doubtful.
Maybe find Christ, IDK. This guy is burying members of his flock 2-3 times a day and still manages to keep it together better than you.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/214740/46EC7332-4B51-48EA-9D72-790E1766953F-2322521.jpg

Thank you so much for everything you have done from spreading our story to the news and offering to help us. It may not seem like a lot to some people, but every little bit of it goes a long way when there are so many people offering to help with what they can do on a personal level. You have gone above and beyond. Bravo

Молодец
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:33:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By juan223:

I was merely pointing out that your private thoughts were not exposed.  I am hoping for the safety of you and your family and that you can all get some relief from this mess.
View Quote

To be honest, I think I need to do what the majority of ARFCOM is doing and using this site for entertainment and escapism.  I'll just skip this thread and read about fun things to destress instead of the typical GD discussions, especially when I'm in this mess.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:34:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

It's actually kind of weird. The emotional rot must run deep in their leaders. After watching us fight an insurgency for 20 years, they seem to have just ignored all of the lessons and said something like "It would never be like that in Ukraine." It's actually far worse. They did everything wrong. I suspect their on-the-ground leaders are learning quickly, but their leaders won't let them act on it or don't believe them.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stone-age:
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

We aren’t equipping their armed forces this time.

Also, they’ve had twenty years to watch us fight an insurgency and haven’t seemed to have learned much.

It's actually kind of weird. The emotional rot must run deep in their leaders. After watching us fight an insurgency for 20 years, they seem to have just ignored all of the lessons and said something like "It would never be like that in Ukraine." It's actually far worse. They did everything wrong. I suspect their on-the-ground leaders are learning quickly, but their leaders won't let them act on it or don't believe them.

It's not weird at all.

The oldest leadership over there was party to some rather nasty stuff, and their society as a whole still hasn't recovered from the Soviets going full retard.   Nothing about where they came from is conducive to having your shit together.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:34:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Parabellum08:

If the NY Post story is accurate, then this is a big case of “nobody should come rescue you and may posterity forget that ye were our countryman.”

Leaving behind not even you wife, but your kid, to suffer the fate of Russian occupation when you have the power to save them, and you choose to only save yourself?  Fuck him.  Let the Russians keep him.
View Quote

Seriously, none of us were there for the family discussion. Maybe he just cut and ran, or maybe they looked at the real world odds and came to a heartbreaking decision for the entire family. Perhaps he was putting his family in danger with his presence as an american. Perhaps he left his wife and daughter and went out on his own because it gave them the best chance, though it likely meant death or imprisonment and torture for him. I wasn't there. It is very likely that there were no weapons available for him and there were not going to be any time soon.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:34:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

1911?

I'm gonna go with Fort 14TP with a threaded barrel.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:35:43 PM EDT
[#28]

As stated, I stay out of local politics (for a reason).  

Probably the same reasons many of us wouldn't immediately start liking a politician we've historically hated.  I don't care about his motives, grandstanding, wanting to be a martyr.  I do see that Ukraine has finally stood up against Russia after centuries of submission and they WILL NOT COMPLY even if Russia defeats their military.  These people own passive aggressiveness so can easily destroy Russia's failed economy if it ever tried to govern them.

And, hopefully there will be enough guns in the wild that the old drunks will just walk up and shoot Russian soldiers.  Their lives are already miserable so they're not afraid to go down in a flame of bullets.  I think that's why so many fleeing women are freaking out because they know their old crabby husbands will do something stupid.

This place (Western Ukraine) is surreal now.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Taboot:
Any idea why?

As stated, I stay out of local politics (for a reason).  

Probably the same reasons many of us wouldn't immediately start liking a politician we've historically hated.  I don't care about his motives, grandstanding, wanting to be a martyr.  I do see that Ukraine has finally stood up against Russia after centuries of submission and they WILL NOT COMPLY even if Russia defeats their military.  These people own passive aggressiveness so can easily destroy Russia's failed economy if it ever tried to govern them.

And, hopefully there will be enough guns in the wild that the old drunks will just walk up and shoot Russian soldiers.  Their lives are already miserable so they're not afraid to go down in a flame of bullets.  I think that's why so many fleeing women are freaking out because they know their old crabby husbands will do something stupid.

This place (Western Ukraine) is surreal now.
@Tboy  Thanks for the response.  Stay as safe as is possible man.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:35:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By realwar:
Ukrainian tycoon and politician's glamorous wife 'carried $29million in CASH through a refugee border crossing into the EU'

Money was spotted by Hungarian customs in baggage of Anastasia Kotvitska. Criminal probe launched into failure to declare removal of sum from Ukraine

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/03/22/01/55636721-10637997-image-a-22_1647914213773.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/03/22/01/55636767-10637997-image-a-25_1647914438107.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/03/22/01/55636719-10637997-image-m-24_1647914407373.jpg

More
View Quote

Sultry.

Was she detained? Did they seize the money? I certainly hope so.

"Criminal probe launched" doesn't mean a whole lot, me thinks.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:36:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

Please knock off the bashing of people who does not share your perspective.

Your insights on Ukraine and updates about the situation are much appreciated, but please try to avoid derailing this thread with your disagreements with other people who appear to be trying to help in their own ways.
View Quote

I agree.  Just venting (while sirens are going off) that ARFCOM is using this more for entertainment purposes.  As promised, I will not be posting in here again once I answer comments and you won't see any pictures of updates in this thread again.  Just not worth the frustration.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:37:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Azygos:

Thanks to Covid, telehealth/remote counseling have become more widespread. That may be worth exploring after the acute life safety issues are sorted.
View Quote

You need people to ask for help.  That's the issue here, they just internalize and suffer quietly.  I'm hoping that changes but I'm concerned this won't.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:38:46 PM EDT
[#32]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/Ukraine36_jpg-2322532.JPG
View Quote

That's just wrong.  I REALLY want my tools now..
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:40:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Not worth it.
View Quote

Thanks. And I think you're right.
I followed your trip and watched your video, much respect.
And I read the book "trust me, I'm lying"  on your suggestion. other family members reading it now. Kind of shocking. Very unsettling. And useful.

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:41:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:42:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By 2tired2run:

View Quote

They are saying they have actual evidence the attack on civilians and hospitals was not random or accidental. It was intentional. They can prove it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:43:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Ian McCollum messaged me to ask for recommendations for places to donate he could boost on his channel, I messaged you twice because I was going to have him send his followers your way but you never responded.

I had two other people (Nancy Rommelmann and Antonio Garcia Martinez) that were willing to boost you as well.
View All Quotes

I don't think ukr is set up to accommodate all the domestic volunteers let alone foreigners.

Seems to me the best westerners could be doing is organizing material aid in to poland and organizing the foreign legion better to maybe help get some of that stuff to the front. And helping provide for and further disperse refugees

Best thing to do now is get with KNOWN individuals that are sending materials & financial aid to UA.  I was told of a European source for the much needed tourniquets but we just don't have the money to cover these costs.  Too bad staff ignored by request to try to get something going here.

(Another siren going off just to let those of you know how frequent it is becoming here)
Ian McCollum messaged me to ask for recommendations for places to donate he could boost on his channel, I messaged you twice because I was going to have him send his followers your way but you never responded.

I had two other people (Nancy Rommelmann and Antonio Garcia Martinez) that were willing to boost you as well.

Makes you wonder who Tboy is... or more appropriately WHAT he is. He has raised my eyebrows more than once and Beretta hit the nail on the head many ways.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:43:18 PM EDT
[#37]
The State Security Committee of Belarus over the past years has recorded active intelligence activity from the Ukrainian Embassy in Minsk and the Ukrainian consulate in Brest, BelTA reports, citing a statement by the security service.

The KGB said that at least half of the employees of the diplomatic mission were staff members of the Main Intelligence Directorate of the Ukrainian Ministry of Defense and the Foreign Intelligence Service of Ukraine.

Deputy head of the KGB Investigation Department Konstantin Bychek called this case "unprecedented even for the diplomatic missions of large states" and noted that this indicates Ukraine's "aggressive intelligence activities" in Belarus contrary to normal diplomatic relations.

The KGB also stated that the employees of the diplomatic mission carried out undercover intelligence, trying to form a network of informants from among Belarusian citizens, and also personally collected intelligence information, including about military facilities in Belarus.

Bychek said that the KGB's measures to curb illegal actions by Ukrainian diplomats, which were supposed to be a signal to the Ukrainian special services, did not stop "hostile" activities against Belarus.

Bycek also noted that, in accordance with Article 31 of the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations, diplomats are immune from criminal prosecution by the host state. He added that in connection with the current situation, the KGB had taken measures to "fetter the enemy's intelligence activities" and liquidate his residency under diplomatic cover.
View Quote
The KGB of Belarus announced the "liquidation of residency" in the Embassy of Ukraine
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:43:25 PM EDT
[#38]

I agree.  Just venting (while sirens are going off) that ARFCOM is using this more for entertainment purposes.  As promised, I will not be posting in here again once I answer comments and you won't see any pictures of updates in this thread again.  Just not worth the frustration.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

Please knock off the bashing of people who does not share your perspective.

Your insights on Ukraine and updates about the situation are much appreciated, but please try to avoid derailing this thread with your disagreements with other people who appear to be trying to help in their own ways.

I don’t think anyone was asking you to leave, just dial back the yield on your explosives.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:43:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Chokey] [#39]
cruise missile launches

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:44:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Chokey:
View Quote

Well, they feel it is. That's why they're trying to secure UKR and 6 other countries. They're crazy, but that's how they feel.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:45:15 PM EDT
[#41]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/Ukraine36_jpg-2322532.JPG
View Quote

Nice. Super nice. Much envy, I think I hate you.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:45:46 PM EDT
[#42]

The Sheikh Mansour Battalion is probably working on the video.
Fighting is taking place near Bucha and Gostomel
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:46:11 PM EDT
[#43]

I was joking about the hot water thing since Americans don't do cold showers.  The only way to keep my mother from having a complete meltdown was to promise her that I wouldn't look for a fight.  I never promised that I was going to run from a fight.  I have turned her efforts into fundraising so I can help those in need here but she's telling me every day to leave.  I personally have never asked for assistance and NEVER WILL but I try to help as many as possible.  As explained, I think his actions were more self serving but I guess that is the mentality of Instagram folks which I don't follow.

Glad you're getting into the fight but I think I'm better served helping the support system in the West, especially since we don't have needed military gear.  I have personal contact information of the actual guys coordinating with the legion so I'm good.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Easterner:

Yes it may be true that currently it's good to help financially with people. There is a shelter not 5-minutes from my apartment that I regularly bring supplies to that I've been purchasing myself, and through a GoFundMe my son created. We have an influx of refugees here that have fled the east. Ukraine needs all the help it can get.

My apartment has also become an impromptu factory for, let's say, improvised means of defence. I also feel that being a competitive shooter and FFL in the United States gives me a little more knowledge than the typical babushka you see on CNN getting armed for the first time. My biggest hurdle is that I have no actual combat experience, so I'm on the absolute last resort list. I will gladly fight if the situation arrives that I am needed.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:47:13 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

Well, thank god for that. It gives me a lot of comfort as russians don't lie about stuff.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:48:26 PM EDT
[#45]

The Sheikh Mansour Battalion is probably working on the video.
Fighting is taking place near Bucha and Gostomel
View Quote

That's a lot of snackbar
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:48:54 PM EDT
[#46]
cruise missile launches

View Quote

Geez... thats a sight not often seen. Quite the salvo.

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:48:56 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

I've helped donate other ways. Haven't really seen you post of any way to do so.

No i probably would not be as calm as you posting to arfcom while airraid sirens were going off. I'd probably be out there doing something to prepare or help people or you know taking shelter as is intended for civilians when air raid sirens go off.

I don't want to pile on or argue with you. But I see people in this thread offering you help and you just argue with them and complain about things.

Can lead a horse to water...

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:49:54 PM EDT
[#48]

Well, they feel it is. That's why they're trying to secure UKR and 6 other countries. They're crazy, but that's how they feel.
View All Quotes

Yeeeaaah... what exactly qualifies as their existence being threatened? An independent Ukraine, perhaps?
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:50:06 PM EDT
[#49]

So,.....the KGB is murdering diplomats? I'm shocked.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:52:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Originally Posted By Element94:
Originally Posted By CZ75_9MM:
Looks like a volcanic eruption.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOY8G_HXoAEvtcQ?format=jpg&name=large

God, you can even see a sheen on the water.

It's incredible, you can track her from space with the smoke, and the leaking.  Landsat 8 image.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxBDUGtWQAg5Yl3?format=jpg&name=large
Looks like photoshop smoke

Here's the ship
https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.47d6aeb2f44242789d38e1a5b5bc0009?rik=Vxmg9HO3sIemIA&riu=http%3a%2f%2fwww.naval.com.br%2fblog%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2016%2f10%2fAdmiral-Kuznetsov-passando-pelo-Canal-Ingl%c3%aas-2.jpg&ehk=33WsUkq4qEGDdWgi474vG4W0san5707p87Dy%2b5T5GNk%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

That's her at low speed, watch what happens when she gets up to speed, its hilarious.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5588
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top