BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5590
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 10/27/2021 8:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer]
It says it's been moved, but the link just takes me to the Community page. What gives?

This is now the active "shit (might be) is definitely happening in Ukraine" thread.

News links, thanks to BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
LINKS TO UKRAINIAN NEWS SOURCES IN ENGLISH

Kyiv Post

Ukrainian News

UKRInform

EUROMAIDEN PRESS

New Voice of Ukraine

Kyiv Independent

Ukraine World

InterFax Ukraine

UATV

Ukrainian Journal

Official Website of the President of Ukraine

Ukrainian Ministry of Defense

Save these links. I can't post all the headlines like I've done in the past - too much news and too often.
View Quote

Please @ me with additional stuff to be added here. I don't currently have time to properly curate this thread otherwise.

New news link c/o berettaguy:

Ukrainian Pravda
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/

Stop fake, anti - disinformation site:
https://www.stopfake.org/en/main/
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:37:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dracster:
For Sale: Slightly used BMP-3. Needs some paint touchup. Low miles. Don't lowball me; I know what I got.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-03-22_10-54-25_jpg-2322357.JPG
View Quote

That'd make a lovely lawn ornament.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:38:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:38:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By realwar:
Ukrainian tycoon and politician's glamorous wife 'carried $29million in CASH through a refugee border crossing into the EU'

Money was spotted by Hungarian customs in baggage of Anastasia Kotvitska. Criminal probe launched into failure to declare removal of sum from Ukraine

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/03/22/01/55636721-10637997-image-a-22_1647914213773.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/03/22/01/55636767-10637997-image-a-25_1647914438107.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/03/22/01/55636719-10637997-image-m-24_1647914407373.jpg

More
View Quote

Looks like C3P0 with a cunt
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:39:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

You may have mentioned it before, but what are you doing in Ukraine?
View Quote

I started visiting here back in 2011 and after years of visiting the country, I fell in love with the people and wanted to move here to help out those in need.  I saw a broken mindset that needs to be changed so was hoping to start working with the next generations to show them that not all older guys are drunks.  I thought many of these kids would need positive role models, not the typical expat that would come here to take advantage of people - via cheap labor or cheap dates.  The lawyer I had was shocked when I told him, told me folks were miserable here, and said he never had a client do this.

So, since this war expanded, I found myself of the few expats that stayed behind to help others.  Many of the locals & friends I know were shocked and expected me to be the first guy out, especially since I had a car.  I'm constantly told by my American friends & family to leave while getting constant updates (since this thread has turned more into entertainment than information).

Every few days I keep reflecting on my decision to purchase the top floor unit of an 11 story apartment complex.  The corner unit has a great view - until it doesn't!  Typical Ukrainian business dealings and I'm 4 years behind schedule and still haven't received my official paperwork since it was never submitted to the government because the property is owned by the Border Guards which are disputing compensation since corruption laws were written after agreements...  Again, "Welcome to Ukraine!".

I'm not abandoning this place but will stay here to help.  I'll be critical of the folks and tell them in their face (only folks that argue with me are folks on this forum) and we'll work on getting solutions in place.  I'm amazed and impressed how much the mindset has started to shift and people are stepping up to help others in need (sacrificing everything they have).

Yet I still have to deal with cowards fleeing the war zone.  I had a guy telling me yesterday that he fled Kiev and wanted to have better accommodations here since he didn't like the 50 man facility he had to share.  I refused.  I try not to judge, especially since many have a different mindset and aren't militant like Americans, but I refuse to house any men.  I offered one time and the guy explained how the locals didn't want him here so he was trying to find another place to flee to, while leaving his sick elderly mother to fend for herself in Sumy.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:39:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Capta:

The West can not both have “abandoned” Ukraine and also gone “all in” on military support.
I will agree that “Western” interests and Ukrainian interests do not line up 100%.  The West is using Putin’s mistake in Ukraine to break Russia’s power once and for all.  That strategy has risks (meaning the nuclear angle) but also significant rewards.  The West is supplying the treasure, Ukraine is supplying the blood.
Ukraine gets to pay the cost in blood, and probably a higher cost than necessary due to western “calibration” of their support to manage the risk of nuclear war.
That said, the strategy appears to be working.  Ukraine will not be conquered by Russia and will not be turned into another Afghanistan with only guerrilla fighting. Ukraine will bleed the Russians dry in a straight-up conventional war.
The endgame is that Ukraine gets to keep and exploit the newly discovered gas fields, gets Crimea and the Donbass back, and once and for all gets out from under the shadow of Russian domination. These are all very much in Ukraine’s national interest and should be non-negotiable.  What Ukraine should do NOW, is to drive a hard bargain with Europe and the US.  Ukraine has Putin by the balls, but they should also understand they have the West by the balls.  The West is on the verge of final victory against Russia, and all it takes is Ukraine staying the course.  If Zelensky allows Ukraine to suddenly roll over and let Putin survive, the West’s endgame goes into the shitter.  Zelensky needs to get an ironclad deal in hand for NATO membership and massive Western capital investment on the level of a new Marshall plan.  Ukraine can continue to pay the blood cost but they need to be COMPENSATED.
View Quote

I don't disagree. But one of the conditions necessary for membership in nato is no contested borders. Sometimes it makes sense to bend or break the rules.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:40:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By MBUZICHOMA:

The Russians are out of fuel so they are putting masts and sails on their armor and using the wind to move.  It takes forever to move due to the zig zag you need to do tracking the wind
View Quote

At least it is climate friendly and no fuel resupply needed!
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:41:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Spade:

Chemical weapons, while bad, at least are useful. If they do a bio attack, they're retarded.

Of course, they're also the retards that funded Smallpox eradication basically to do bioweapons related research on smallpox and then weaponized it, which is really double retarded.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Spade:
Originally Posted By mnd6563:
More US Intel on Putin planning bio/chem attack.  Based on intercepted comms, not speculation.

Chemical weapons, while bad, at least are useful. If they do a bio attack, they're retarded.

Of course, they're also the retards that funded Smallpox eradication basically to do bioweapons related research on smallpox and then weaponized it, which is really double retarded.

After the complete fuckaroo of the past couple years with the Covid bullshit, the world is not going to tolerate the use of bioweapons.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:42:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

I don't disagree. But one of the conditions necessary for membership in nato is no contested borders. Sometimes it makes sense to bend or break the rules.
View All Quotes

The West can not both have “abandoned” Ukraine and also gone “all in” on military support.
I will agree that “Western” interests and Ukrainian interests do not line up 100%.  The West is using Putin’s mistake in Ukraine to break Russia’s power once and for all.  That strategy has risks (meaning the nuclear angle) but also significant rewards.  The West is supplying the treasure, Ukraine is supplying the blood.
Ukraine gets to pay the cost in blood, and probably a higher cost than necessary due to western “calibration” of their support to manage the risk of nuclear war.
That said, the strategy appears to be working.  Ukraine will not be conquered by Russia and will not be turned into another Afghanistan with only guerrilla fighting. Ukraine will bleed the Russians dry in a straight-up conventional war.
The endgame is that Ukraine gets to keep and exploit the newly discovered gas fields, gets Crimea and the Donbass back, and once and for all gets out from under the shadow of Russian domination. These are all very much in Ukraine’s national interest and should be non-negotiable.  What Ukraine should do NOW, is to drive a hard bargain with Europe and the US.  Ukraine has Putin by the balls, but they should also understand they have the West by the balls.  The West is on the verge of final victory against Russia, and all it takes is Ukraine staying the course.  If Zelensky allows Ukraine to suddenly roll over and let Putin survive, the West’s endgame goes into the shitter.  Zelensky needs to get an ironclad deal in hand for NATO membership and massive Western capital investment on the level of a new Marshall plan.  Ukraine can continue to pay the blood cost but they need to be COMPENSATED.

That rules out Tennessee and Georgia.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:42:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Greyswandir:

What are we looking at?
View All Quotes

What are we looking at?

BMP-1KSh
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:44:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Tboy:

There is going to be a need for SERIOUS mental health experts to assist with all the PTSD that Ukrainians have no concept about.  People will never be the same.  I see some of the mindset changing for the good, which is needed, but I will see many broken people ignored unless they address this crisis.  Typical head in the sand mentality.
View Quote

ICISF and EMDRIA are two organizations that do exactly that. There is also a big Israeli outfit that does it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:45:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By eesmith:

I mean if you're complaining about poor fundraising, then turn down three different people with big followings that specifically are interested in boosting you for donations, then you no longer get to complain about not raising money, because raising money effectively means getting into the limelight.

I also didn't ask you for help, I DM'd you to OFFER help.

I went to Ukraine because at the beginning of the war my American expat friend in Yavoriv asked for help, and gave me a list of specific medical items they needed. The equipment I took over ended up being split between Father Roman at the Garrison Church for distribution to their guys, and Yavoriv. The latter ended up being put to use after the air strike there, so it already has been put to good use. We've also set up a 501 and have sourced armor from Poland and IFAKs from Slovakia.

Yes, I also facilitated several journalists getting good, tear-jerking and emotional stories out, which if you've paid attention to the information war you will understand how much that has mattered so far.

You've been offered actual material help with your objectives, yet all I've seen you do so far is sulk like a child and post pictures of you screaming like an unhinged lunatic at the journalists that came to help you get Ukraine's story out.

I never got a response to this:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/214740/587AA17D-E848-487B-A10A-DD87CDC883CB-2322458.jpg

View Quote

So, I guess it is kosher now to start posting PMs?  Gotcha.

Also, you assumed that I read you PM but didn't even look at it until you messaged me again.  I just don't want to be associated with you because I don't want to be sucked into your circus, especially with a trans person coming to a country where this is frowned upon and folks laugh at you (Ukrainians will be nice in your face but laugh at you behind your back).
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:45:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:46:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By atavistic:

View Quote

And Virginia, as washington d.c. keeps moving the border.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:46:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SoCalExile] [#14]
Originally Posted By Chokey:

BMP-1KSh
View All Quotes

What are we looking at?

BMP-1KSh
Look closer.

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:46:53 PM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

I couldn’t find an article in the charter about no ongoing disputes.  But you’d have a tough time getting unanimous consent from member  countries.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:47:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:48:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
Look closer.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M-1975:

What are we looking at?

BMP-1KSh
Look closer.

no
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:48:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By TotalNovice:

It has a built in smokescreen feature. Genius.
View Quote

I think the crew just got mixed up about exactly where they are supposed to light the pilot light. They probably just threw in a roll of burning newspaper.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:49:02 PM EDT
[#19]

no
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:49:37 PM EDT
[#20]

Also, you assumed that I read you PM but didn't even look at it until you messaged me again.  I just don't want to be associated with you because I don't want to be sucked into your circus, especially with a trans person coming to a country where this is frowned upon and folks laugh at you (Ukrainians will be nice in your face but laugh at you behind your back).
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By eesmith:

I mean if you're complaining about poor fundraising, then turn down three different people with big followings that specifically are interested in boosting you for donations, then you no longer get to complain about not raising money, because raising money effectively means getting into the limelight.

I also didn't ask you for help, I DM'd you to OFFER help.

I went to Ukraine because at the beginning of the war my American expat friend in Yavoriv asked for help, and gave me a list of specific medical items they needed. The equipment I took over ended up being split between Father Roman at the Garrison Church for distribution to their guys, and Yavoriv. The latter ended up being put to use after the air strike there, so it already has been put to good use. We've also set up a 501 and have sourced armor from Poland and IFAKs from Slovakia.

Yes, I also facilitated several journalists getting good, tear-jerking and emotional stories out, which if you've paid attention to the information war you will understand how much that has mattered so far.

You've been offered actual material help with your objectives, yet all I've seen you do so far is sulk like a child and post pictures of you screaming like an unhinged lunatic at the journalists that came to help you get Ukraine's story out.

I never got a response to this:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/214740/587AA17D-E848-487B-A10A-DD87CDC883CB-2322458.jpg

Cool, good luck with everything going forward.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:50:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By mnd:

One of the benefits of leveraging existing affinity groups is that you can get traction faster than building one from scratch.

Someone trying to plug you into existing groups is doing YOU a favor and giving you an opportunity to prime the pump building your own group.

ETA: Everyone is permitted to have their own agenda, but all the folks who showed up at Richmond can vouch for eesmith being a resource worth paying attention to.
View Quote

You made a very flawed assumption that I know what an "affinity group" is.  I don't do social media, don't have Twitter, don't have Instagram, and only post on FB expat groups for information.  You will see a VERY TINY social media footprint from me.

Richmond USA isn't LVIV UA.  People here are different so having some foreigner come here that doesn't speak the language, that doesn't look like them, and is running around other "journalists" is different than a local.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:50:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:53:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:

You continue to marginalize my background as a Ukrainian who attended 8 years of a Ukrainian school, grew up with HUNDREDS of Ukrainians who were born there, speak the language, 50+ years immersed in the culture WHICH EXISTS HERE BY THE WAY,  I worked with the Ukrainian government, have family there, and I'm in contact with Ukrainians IN UKRAINE RIGHT NOW, etc. I've ignored your bullshit yet you continue to either make comments about my posts or write crap which you just posted. You have repeatedly made insulting and disparaging remarks about Ukrainians, Ukrainian history, etc. yet you keep saying you will die for Ukrainians - and you were called out by the two other Americans in Ukraine for some of this. You never answered my question regarding the ethnicity and background of the family you are staying with since it seemed they were influencing some of your views. And have you posted even one photo (that you took) in the entire thread? Why aren't there a bunch of photos posted by you?
View Quote

How about you two get a room, grudge fuck or what ever. and leave the squabble out of an info thread? this is all getting so tiresome.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:53:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
Little duck tape and new tires, should be g2g.

Amazing that thing landed!
View Quote

This thing can land, yet McDonalds can't keep their soft serve machine working past 8pm.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:53:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

I couldn’t find an article in the charter about no ongoing disputes.  But you’d have a tough time getting unanimous consent from member  countries.
View Quote

Why??? Why would they not agree to Ukraine being a nato member???? I don't get it.

Maybe I'm remembering wrong about the border disputes, or maybe I misinterpreted something that was told to me. When I heard it, I remember thinking it makes sense to have that stuff straightened out BEFORE there is trouble.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:54:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Azygos:
Tboy, I think everyone understands you're under tremendous existential stress. Take a moment and reorient, as you're going fast and hard on some well-meaning people.

Fragging participants in this discussion thread isn't going to help your situation or educate us. There's a good chance it could harm some future opportunities to help you and your countrymen.

View Quote
This.

At least I hope it's the stress talking, otherwise
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:54:54 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Well...they don't appear to be your words...
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:55:44 PM EDT
[#28]
WTF Thread is turning into a shitshow.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:56:06 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

The only one contesting is Georgia.  The line is clear to us.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:56:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:57:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Jozsi:

The problem is that the patriarchal system is destroyed.

Go google that video on Russian school kids breaking and taking down their rifles......

Europe doesn't have that anymore......

As an American living in Hungary...I have seen the smugness and con game of people playing with wild fire in the hopes that if they ignore a problem long enough, it will go away...no greater than how they dealt with the migrant crisis and other setups.

None of it works......NOT SIDETRACKING.....this for people wondering WTF is happening with NATO and the EU and why are barely doing anything.

View Quote

Just before the Ukraine invasion started I was reading a comment from a German regarding Germany's wind down of nuke power and shifting to LNG for domestic power production.

It was some of the most ignorant, smug shit I've ever read.

It boiled down to "we the German people are enlightened and have decided that we are done with war, there will never be another European war.. Because of that, buying energy from Russia will not be an issue because the Russians understand that Germany is good now, and despite our NATO membership we are no longer a war like people. There is no threat to Germany from Russia and vice versa. Nuclear power is more dangerous than Russia and we are doing the right thing getting rid of it. Claims of our dependence on Russia for energy are just scare tactics, Russia will not start a war."

Several days later Russia kicked it off. Boy that shit aged like fine milk.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:57:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:00:54 PM EDT
[#33]

I started visiting here back in 2011 and after years of visiting the country, I fell in love with the people and wanted to move here to help out those in need.  I saw a broken mindset that needs to be changed so was hoping to start working with the next generations to show them that not all older guys are drunks.  I thought many of these kids would need positive role models, not the typical expat that would come here to take advantage of people - via cheap labor or cheap dates.  The lawyer I had was shocked when I told him, told me folks were miserable here, and said he never had a client do this.

So, since this war expanded, I found myself of the few expats that stayed behind to help others.  Many of the locals & friends I know were shocked and expected me to be the first guy out, especially since I had a car.  I'm constantly told by my American friends & family to leave while getting constant updates (since this thread has turned more into entertainment than information).

Every few days I keep reflecting on my decision to purchase the top floor unit of an 11 story apartment complex.  The corner unit has a great view - until it doesn't!  Typical Ukrainian business dealings and I'm 4 years behind schedule and still haven't received my official paperwork since it was never submitted to the government because the property is owned by the Border Guards which are disputing compensation since corruption laws were written after agreements...  Again, "Welcome to Ukraine!".

I'm not abandoning this place but will stay here to help.  I'll be critical of the folks and tell them in their face (only folks that argue with me are folks on this forum) and we'll work on getting solutions in place.  I'm amazed and impressed how much the mindset has started to shift and people are stepping up to help others in need (sacrificing everything they have).

Yet I still have to deal with cowards fleeing the war zone.  I had a guy telling me yesterday that he fled Kiev and wanted to have better accommodations here since he didn't like the 50 man facility he had to share.  I refused.  I try not to judge, especially since many have a different mindset and aren't militant like Americans, but I refuse to house any men.  I offered one time and the guy explained how the locals didn't want him here so he was trying to find another place to flee to, while leaving his sick elderly mother to fend for herself in Sumy.
View Quote

Thank you for sharing that.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:01:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Tboy, I think everyone understands you’re under tremendous existential stress. Take a moment and reorient, as you’re going fast and hard on some well-meaning people.

Fragging participants in this discussion thread isn’t going to help your situation or educate us. There’s a good chance it could harm some future opportunities to help you and your countrymen.

View Quote

I'm tired of being quiet and watching all this wasted discussion, realizing that this forum has ZERO intention of helping a cause.  I've asked staff for permission to start a thread where ARFCOM can join forces and actually get something accomplished.  Yes, I did have some guy sending things to his family seeing what I needed but I've stated I don't need anything.  Ukraine NEEDS your assistance.  Yes, I've had a member here beg for money to take a suitcase/bag of medical supplies and then self promote when there are many already here on the ground or in Europe that could get those supplies to folks in need.  I might not be as upset if this guy came here selflessly on his own dime but that apparently wasn't the case.

I've had ONE member quietly want to assist so I've connected him with those that he can work with.  I'll be glad to give other contact information for sending immediate funds to purchase much needed supplies.  But I know that ship has sailed so I'm bouncing off this thread that's only here for entertainment purposes.  Extremely sad & frustrating to see so much talk but little to no action.

But you're probably right about my stress level right now.  Even though I'm sitting in an apartment in a "safe area", I just heard another siren.  It gets old and I'm handling this MUCH BETTER than most.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:04:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By CZ75_9MM:
Looks like a volcanic eruption.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOY8G_HXoAEvtcQ?format=jpg&name=large
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CZ75_9MM:
Originally Posted By ludder093:
Looks like a volcanic eruption.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOY8G_HXoAEvtcQ?format=jpg&name=large

It also looks like whatever that thing is it's leaking huge amounts of oil. Look at the oil spill trail behind it. I think it's more likely to be a tanker ship on fire.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:05:57 PM EDT
[#36]

That is a significant public health issue. Messaging and shifting the public awareness to PTSD is only one prong, but that is necessary to address the stigma. It may take a generation or more.

It’s going to be a societal wound, and it’s going to have ugly things inside like increased substance abuse, domestic and interpersonal violence, and suicide rates.  
View Quote

I was already seeing this due to the effects of Soviet times (hence the reason my wife is BPD) and was hoping to help this change.  Now I'm looking at one step forward, two steps back and having to do more yelling that these people than quietly talking.  It is such a heartbreaking thing to witness to folks that never deserved this put on them.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:10:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By m24shooter:

ICISF and EMDRIA are two organizations that do exactly that. There is also a big Israeli outfit that does it.
View Quote

Fingers crossed that we can change the mindset to get folks to use these resources.  

I had been trying to 2 years to get my wife into therapy to address her serious mental health problem that is destroying her medical health and I had her convinced, financed, and reaching out to therapists in Kyiv as of February but this derailed everything.  Now I fear all is lost and have resigned myself to this miserable fate.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:10:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:10:15 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

1911?
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:10:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:12:07 PM EDT
[#41]

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:13:05 PM EDT
[#42]

I've had ONE member quietly want to assist so I've connected him with those that he can work with.  I'll be glad to give other contact information for sending immediate funds to purchase much needed supplies.  But I know that ship has sailed so I'm bouncing off this thread that's only here for entertainment purposes.  Extremely sad & frustrating to see so much talk but little to no action.

View Quote
You literally turned down a chance to get it shared to 2.4 million people.

The reality is your condition of total secrecy means fundraising is effectively limited to wealthy benefactors or corporate sponsorship, otherwise crowdfunding means people need to know about it so they can donate.

You don't want journalists to come, you don't want people talking publicly about raising money, and yet you somehow expect to win the information war and effectively raise money. I think you need to recalibrate your expectations.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:13:31 PM EDT
[#43]

I'm tired of being quiet and watching all this wasted discussion, realizing that this forum has ZERO intention of helping a cause.  I've asked staff for permission to start a thread where ARFCOM can join forces and actually get something accomplished.  Yes, I did have some guy sending things to his family seeing what I needed but I've stated I don't need anything.  Ukraine NEEDS your assistance.  Yes, I've had a member here beg for money to take a suitcase/bag of medical supplies and then self promote when there are many already here on the ground or in Europe that could get those supplies to folks in need.  I might not be as upset if this guy came here selflessly on his own dime but that apparently wasn't the case.

But you're probably right about my stress level right now.  Even though I'm sitting in an apartment in a "safe area", I just heard another siren.  It gets old and I'm handling this MUCH BETTER than most.
View All Quotes
Tboy, I think everyone understands you’re under tremendous existential stress. Take a moment and reorient, as you’re going fast and hard on some well-meaning people.

Fragging participants in this discussion thread isn’t going to help your situation or educate us. There’s a good chance it could harm some future opportunities to help you and your countrymen.

i think you greatly underestimate this sites willingness and ability to help.
but go ahead and complain
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:14:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:

View Quote

Who is going in to make the arrest?
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:14:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By juan223:

Well...they don't appear to be your words...
View Quote

Guess I'm wrong since I never read his message and only glanced at it since I have no intention of putting myself into the limelight.  Running around and dealing with constant communications from the US (8 hour time difference) so not able to sleep, then constantly woken up by sirens, then not being able to eat, and then having to squabble with an "expert" here is annoying.  I'm out of this thread as soon as I answer all the questions, if there are any left.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:16:24 PM EDT
[#46]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOd5kD0WYAEck3G?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOd58s4X0AQ1gK5?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

finally downloaded google translate on my  phone

its nice using the camera to instantly translate all this gibberish  
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:16:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:

Send them to Poland. LOL
View Quote

I hear there is a nice forest there...
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:16:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Parabellum08] [#48]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By anothermisanthrope:
Originally Posted By colklink:
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

Not trying to pick a fight but if Fox News says it then by golly it must be true right? If he actually did, then yes screw him. That being said I wouldn’t take one news source story on this as facts especially given their shitty reporting on this war thus far.

Agreed on Fox News. The facts, as I understand them, are that his wife is in Ukraine, he was caught by Russian forces as he was trying to leave Ukraine.

If you have anything that disputes that, I would be happy to be corrected. Otherwise, that dude is a piece of shit.

A Minnesota man has been taken prisoner by Russian troops as he was trying to flee Ukraine, his distraught mother told The Post.

Jacob left his wife and daughter behind in Kherson, Hauser said. The US Embassy in Moscow told Hauser her son is the second US citizen to be detained by Russian troops during its invasion of Ukraine.

The avid outdoorsman can defend himself if necessary, but Hauser said she cannot stop imagining the worst.

https://nypost.com/2022/03/17/minnesota-mom-says-son-taken-prisoner-in-ukraine/

If the NY Post story is accurate, then this is a big case of “nobody should come rescue you and may posterity forget that ye were our countryman.”

Leaving behind not even you wife, but your kid, to suffer the fate of Russian occupation when you have the power to save them, and you choose to only save yourself?  Fuck him.  Let the Russians keep him.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:17:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By TheResurrector:

Wow, that was incredible. Sounds like Zelensky is just as bad as Putin.
View Quote

No, it makes sense what he did. He banned just the pro-russian parties, not *all* opposition parties.  That show was misleading.

The regime is fighting for its survival. That's why there is martial law in Kiev and in other cities.

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:18:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5590
Top Top