BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5590
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 10/27/2021 8:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer]
It says it's been moved, but the link just takes me to the Community page. What gives?

This is now the active "shit (might be) is definitely happening in Ukraine" thread.

News links, thanks to BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
LINKS TO UKRAINIAN NEWS SOURCES IN ENGLISH

Kyiv Post

Ukrainian News

UKRInform

EUROMAIDEN PRESS

New Voice of Ukraine

Kyiv Independent

Ukraine World

InterFax Ukraine

UATV

Ukrainian Journal

Official Website of the President of Ukraine

Ukrainian Ministry of Defense

Save these links. I can't post all the headlines like I've done in the past - too much news and too often.
View Quote

Please @ me with additional stuff to be added here. I don't currently have time to properly curate this thread otherwise.

New news link c/o berettaguy:

Ukrainian Pravda
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/

Stop fake, anti - disinformation site:
https://www.stopfake.org/en/main/
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 7:49:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Capta:

I disagree.  Despite the fact that the Russian army looks like a clown show right now, they aren't idiots.  They will learn from their mistakes and if they are left in a position to capitalize on that knowledge, the world will rue the day.  Remember they went from an incompetent army in 1941 to a brutally effective force that destroyed the German Army by 1943.  Their manpower pool is still large compared to their neighbors and most importantly they have a lot of nukes.
If Putin survives this debacle he will be more dangerous than ever.
View Quote
They didn't "destroy the German army" on their own. It was a combined effort with the world that they could not have done on their own with the amount of men and material they were foolishly throwing away like they are now.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 7:51:26 AM EDT
[#2]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By anothermisanthrope:
Originally Posted By colklink:
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

Not trying to pick a fight but if Fox News says it then by golly it must be true right? If he actually did, then yes screw him. That being said I wouldn’t take one news source story on this as facts especially given their shitty reporting on this war thus far.

Agreed on Fox News. The facts, as I understand them, are that his wife is in Ukraine, he was caught by Russian forces as he was trying to leave Ukraine.

If you have anything that disputes that, I would be happy to be corrected. Otherwise, that dude is a piece of shit.

A Minnesota man has been taken prisoner by Russian troops as he was trying to flee Ukraine, his distraught mother told The Post.

Jacob left his wife and daughter behind in Kherson, Hauser said. The US Embassy in Moscow told Hauser her son is the second US citizen to be detained by Russian troops during its invasion of Ukraine.

The avid outdoorsman can defend himself if necessary, but Hauser said she cannot stop imagining the worst.

https://nypost.com/2022/03/17/minnesota-mom-says-son-taken-prisoner-in-ukraine/

No fucking way I'm leaving my kid.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 7:55:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Blademan:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/bubbles_zps5bf5952f_GIF-110.gif
I'm probably one of the biggest anti-mainstream media narrative guys on this site.  But that broad brush analogy between those two is just real retarded sir.  Figured I'd watch the video, and Tucker is basically on point.
View Quote

I don't watch TV at all and sure I don't post here often.

If you have been following this thread you know Tucker is spinning like a top.
Zelensky only banned pro Russian TV stations.  All others are on and so is the internet.
Getting a medic's statement about castrating Russians, that he apologized for making, to look like a policy Ukraine was considering is pretty low.
Not all political parties are suspended ... only pro Russia ones.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/20/ukraine-suspends-11-political-parties-with-links-to-russia

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 7:57:18 AM EDT
[#4]
It says it's her daughter, given she's 11 and he's 28 probably doubtful it's his kid. Still, it's his wife and stepdaughter, leaving them there is nonetheless a headscratcher.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 8:01:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By eesmith:
It says it's her daughter, given she's 11 and he's 28 probably doubtful it's his kid. Still, it's his wife and stepdaughter, leaving them there is nonetheless a headscratcher.
View Quote

Is the wife a Ukrainian?
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 8:04:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By zach_:

Is the wife a Ukrainian?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By zach_:
Originally Posted By eesmith:

Is the wife a Ukrainian?
It doesn't seem to definitively state either way.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 8:07:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By SuperSixOne:
That's not how this works.

Nuking cities = strategic nuclear exchange. That means ICBM's are flying.

When the USAF sees Ruski ICBM's leaving their tubes, our birds fly too. We don't have the luxury of waiting to see where they land.
View All Quotes

OK, how about this.  Putin nukes every major city in Poland, rolls tanks in, and says "What the fuck are you going to do about it?"
At what point is the risk of peer nuclear war worth it to defend another nation?  It's only game over if we call the bluff, and I think you could forgive Putin for believing there's a chance we will fold instead.

When the USAF sees Ruski ICBM's leaving their tubes, our birds fly too. We don't have the luxury of waiting to see where they land.

Its amazing to see someone so wrong in every regard.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 8:07:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: anothermisanthrope] [#8]
Read somewhere else, I'll edit if I can find it. They had a bus for foreigners to leave and wouldn't let his family go with because not foreign, so he got on anyway. Stopped and he was only one yanked off.

edit, close enough:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/russia-ukraine-war-tyler-jacob-desperate-minnesota-family-son-held/
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 8:15:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

Every single thing you post in this thread is more retarded than the last.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheResurrector:
Originally Posted By Ruark:
Tucker Carlson knocks it out of the ballpark again.  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oifqp1bJp8Y

Wow, that was incredible. Sounds like Zelensky is just as bad as Putin.

This whole Zelensky hero worship thing reminds me of how arfcom reacted when Trump appointed Mattis secdef. Then he turned out to be a piece of shit. Zelensky is doing a good job of rallying his troops but I don't think he is who everyone has built him up to be in their minds.

Remember this? Doesn't it look quite similar to many images being posted in this thread?

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 8:15:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By MattyCR:

US doesnt sit out of nuke attacks, especially not on a NATO country.

View Quote

Where is your data set to support that supposition?  

Oh yeah...  
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 8:17:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By justcarl:

I don't watch TV at all and sure I don't post here often.

If you have been following this thread you know Tucker is spinning like a top.
Zelensky only banned pro Russian TV stations.  All others are on and so is the internet.
Getting a medic's statement about castrating Russians, that he apologized for making, to look like a policy Ukraine was considering is pretty low.
Not all political parties are suspended ... only pro Russia ones.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/20/ukraine-suspends-11-political-parties-with-links-to-russia

View Quote

Pretty disappointed in Tucker.  It’s not that he’s all wrong, but that there was no need for the deception.  Ultimately Ukraine is in a fight for their survival and like anything else we have to make choices.  I think I’d have done what Zelensky has and sort it all out when (if) I survive.

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 8:20:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By rca2222:

Who or what is a "baby twin"?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:
True?

The brainwashed "Republics" of Donetsk and Luhansk?
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 8:23:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
They didn't "destroy the German army" on their own. It was a combined effort with the world that they could not have done on their own with the amount of men and material they were foolishly throwing away like they are now.
View All Quotes

I disagree.  Despite the fact that the Russian army looks like a clown show right now, they aren't idiots.  They will learn from their mistakes and if they are left in a position to capitalize on that knowledge, the world will rue the day.  Remember they went from an incompetent army in 1941 to a brutally effective force that destroyed the German Army by 1943.  Their manpower pool is still large compared to their neighbors and most importantly they have a lot of nukes.
If Putin survives this debacle he will be more dangerous than ever.

Without American air power and industry (lend lease) the Russians and oils be Germans.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 8:25:57 AM EDT
[#14]
3d Printed AK mag:

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 8:26:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

Nope work was in place before the invasion but Ukraine has been connected to the Euro powergrid for just this type of event.

Fuck Russia and the wheeled coffins they rode in on. Best that Pepe Escobar can hope for is a gig as an exotic male prostitute
View Quote

Awesome.

It's interesting that Russia has not targeted the power grids, I assume it's more beneficial to keep them working for intelligence.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 8:29:01 AM EDT
[#16]
I thought this was interesting:

Ben Swann - Russia and Ukraine

Talks about how the US involvement has gotten Ukraine to where it is
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 8:30:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By FrankyRay:

View All Quotes
True?

I assume it's Ukraine, that Twitter account is pro-Russian so it has to be. Maybe the Klitschko brothers?
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 8:34:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By anothermisanthrope:
Read somewhere else, I'll edit if I can find it. They had a bus for foreigners to leave and wouldn't let his family go with because not foreign, so he got on anyway. Stopped and he was only one yanked off.

edit, close enough:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/russia-ukraine-war-tyler-jacob-desperate-minnesota-family-son-held/
View Quote
Sounds like he would have been better off not abandoning his wife. Karma, I guess.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 8:34:33 AM EDT
[#19]

This whole Zelensky hero worship thing reminds me of how arfcom reacted when Trump appointed Mattis secdef. Then he turned out to be a piece of shit. Zelensky is doing a good job of rallying his troops but I don't think he is who everyone has built him up to be in their minds.

Remember this? Doesn't it look quite similar to many images being posted in this thread?

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0824/6367/products/StMattisMADDOG-postermockup.png?v=1599139362

View All Quotes

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0824/6367/products/StMattisMADDOG-postermockup.png?v=1599139362

That's a different argument than your retarded statement that "he's as bad as Putin".

Zelensky has proven to be one of the best wartime politicians for decades. If I'm wrong, tell me who has been better.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 8:35:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

We aren’t equipping their armed forces this time.

Also, they’ve had twenty years to watch us fight an insurgency and haven’t seemed to have learned much.
View Quote

It's actually kind of weird. The emotional rot must run deep in their leaders. After watching us fight an insurgency for 20 years, they seem to have just ignored all of the lessons and said something like "It would never be like that in Ukraine." It's actually far worse. They did everything wrong. I suspect their on-the-ground leaders are learning quickly, but their leaders won't let them act on it or don't believe them.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 8:37:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By matai:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1VEXZOpIY4

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

but still, you're gonna get flamed in this thread.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 8:38:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

Over the years I've watched many media "cause celebs" rise. Then fall. Then get burned at the stake. Guys here slobbered and drooled all over shep smith, and Bill O'Reilly. Then that one "wrong" opinion branded them a "tratard." He will have his day.

They are all about "informed opinion" gleaned from a 10 minute anal exploratory... right up until something challenging is said.  

God Speed Tuck.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 8:39:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By AlchemyPhD:

Sorry for what's happening to your country, but the only way the rest of the world gets dragged into the conflict is if a NATO country gets directly involved, which is why I think that should be absolutely off the table, no matter what happens in Ukraine. I don't think Russia will be crazy enough to take on NATO anytime in the foreseeable future. But they will respond with nukes if pushed far enough. It's all in their military doctrine. Whatever could have happened differently during the lead up to WW2 is irrelevant in today's nuclear world. I know this sounds selfish, but if sacrificing Ukraine eliminates the possibility of a nuclear war in the near future, then so be it. I for one am not ready to live out my days in a Mad Mad existence for a nation that most Americans could not point out out on a map until a few weeks ago, no offense.
View Quote

This guy is a troll, ignore him.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 8:40:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By stone-age:
It's actually kind of weird. The emotional rot must run deep in their leaders. After watching us fight an insurgency for 20 years, they seem to have just ignored all of the lessons and said something like "It would never be like that in Ukraine." It's actually far worse. They did everything wrong. I suspect their on-the-ground leaders are learning quickly, but their leaders won't let them act on it or don't believe them.
View Quote

I’m not sure how well they are even learning lessons.  Their command structure seems to have a very narrow view of their battle space and poor communications.  How well are observations from one brigade make it to the others?
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 8:40:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By getchevyn:

They also mobilized their reserves whereas Russia still hasn't done so.
View Quote

Of course they have. They have since like day 2 of the invasion. Everyone thought RU was superior in the ground fight…

Only real advantage for RU at this point is their SRBM…for crying out loud…they are running out of supplies and have been using anti ship rounds against ground targets…
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 8:44:02 AM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

Interesting:   If I was to listen to what seems to the majority of posters in this thread and most of what I am hearing everywhere; Zelensky is an avid patriot and his values and actions align with that of a democracy and even George Washington.

This does not seem to be true.   While he certainly is a patriot and is doing a great job to bring the people together to fight the Russian invaders, he (UKR in general) does not champion democracy.

Here is why:

1) The people were not allowed weapons to fight with until the actual invasion.   Right or wrong?  
2) He moved to ban all other political parties and news media that disagrees with him.

These are all one needs to know as to whether he and UKR are a democracy and align with our values of liberty.   These are basic actions of an Authoritarian government.    

That being said, I support sending weapons and other support to aid Ukraine and do not want to see any nation sacrificed to Putin.   He is despicable and history does repeat itself.   If Putin moves to invade Poland or other lines are crossed, then that is a different ballgame.   Tucker is right on the above link/broadcast.  

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 8:45:16 AM EDT
[#27]

It only means that if we don’t blink.  There is no such thing as an automatic nuclear retaliation.
Can you say with 100% certainty that the people running the US would follow through with an all-out nuclear exchange?
View All Quotes

It only means that if we don’t blink.  There is no such thing as an automatic nuclear retaliation.
Can you say with 100% certainty that the people running the US would follow through with an all-out nuclear exchange?

It's pretty well known that once it is determined that Russian ICBMs have been launched, ours are going to fly. It's pretty much automatic because there isn't sufficient time to do otherwise. ICBMs launching = WW3. As to under what circumstances that would happen, that's anybody's guess. We only know one thing for sure, the US won't use them *first*.

Russia won't likely launch nukes even if they get their asses totally beaten in Ukraine. An embarrassing defeat in Ukraine would give Putin the excuse to start to rebuild his military and execute all the corrupt officers. It's doubtful he'd have the money to do that unless Russia totally withdraws from Ukraine and does a mea culpa in order to lift the sanctions. His ego may not allow that to happen so it's more likely that Russia has already started the porcelain swirl into the sewer of history.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 8:46:01 AM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

Who cares?

The memes are fun, and Zelensky is doing a good job of rallying his people and the international community in a time of crisis.

Is some of the response over the top? sure, but ultimately it doesn't matter.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 8:51:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Levi24:

Interesting:   If I was to listen to what seems to the majority of posters in this thread and most of what I am hearing everywhere; Zelensky is an avid patriot and his values and actions align with that of a democracy and even George Washington.

This does not seem to be true.   While he certainly is a patriot and is doing a great job to bring the people together to fight the Russian invaders, he (UKR in general) does not champion democracy.

Here is why:

1) The people were not allowed weapons to fight with until the actual invasion.   Right or wrong?  
2) He moved to ban all other political parties and news media that disagrees with him.

These are all one needs to know as to whether he and UKR are a democracy and align with our values of liberty.   These are basic actions of an Authoritarian government.    

That being said, I support sending weapons and other support to aid Ukraine and do not want to see any nation sacrificed to Putin.   He is despicable and history does repeat itself.   If Putin moves to invade Poland or other lines are crossed, then that is a different ballgame.   Tucker is right on the above link/broadcast.  

View Quote
You might want to check your news sources.

He banned 11 political parties that were pro-Russia. All but 1 had no seats in their Parlament. There are many other opposition parties that weren't banned.

During the Revolution, Tories had their houses burned.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 8:53:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By colklink:

Agreed on Fox News. The facts, as I understand them, are that his wife is in Ukraine, he was caught by Russian forces as he was trying to leave Ukraine.

If you have anything that disputes that, I would be happy to be corrected. Otherwise, that dude is a piece of shit.
View Quote
Your assessment is what I have read also. He tried talking her into leaving and she said NO. He fled and left her and their kid in Ukraine. He moved to Ukraine and married a hot chick. Ended up she has bigger balls than he did!
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 8:55:40 AM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 8:55:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dog1] [#32]
3d Printed AK mag:

View Quote

Looks like it loaded better than the 2 Magpul AK pmags I got the other day
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 8:59:27 AM EDT
[#33]

Here is why:

View Quote

It's not a democracy if people aren't allowed to own guns.  Good to know there aren't really any democracies in the world because even we don't have access to good stuff.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 9:01:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By MADMAXXX:
How can one be sure?
Didn't we agree to "protect" Ukraine if they gave up their nukes?
View Quote

"No"
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 9:02:22 AM EDT
[#35]

That's a different argument than your retarded statement that "he's as bad as Putin".

Zelensky has proven to be one of the best wartime politicians for decades. If I'm wrong, tell me who has been better.
View Quote

What are your criteria for being "better?"

If he is one of the best wartime politicians, then we have to define what objectives he must achieve. How does Assad stack up in terms of wartime politicians, if survival is the key criteria, he beats Zelensky in every comparison...

It's easy to compare Zelensky to Putin, but Zelensky does not have the resources or technology that Putin has, which makes direct comparisons irrelevant.

The only way to compare Zelensky to other wartime politicians is to define the expected goals and outcomes of this invasion, which puts Zelensky in a position of having to negotiate peace to protect and ensure Ukrainian ethnicity and culture survives.

Fighting to the bitter end and to death is not congruent to the continuation of Ukrainian culture and society.  Zelensky has to decide if the Ukrainian ethnicity is preserved, or destroyed by Russia.

The west has abandoned Ukraine, so for Zelensky, peace is the only prize that counts. The problem Zelensky has is the west is all in on military support in order to make Russia pay the highest price for this invasion, and Ukriane is the tool to inflict the pain.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 9:04:33 AM EDT
[#36]

If he is one of the best wartime politicians, then we have to define what objectives he must achieve. How does Assad stack up in terms of wartime politicians, if survival is the key criteria, he beats Zelensky in every comparison...

It's easy to compare Zelensky to Putin, but Zelensky does not have the resources or technology that Putin has, which makes direct comparisons irrelevant.

The only way to compare Zelensky to other wartime politicians is to define the expected goals and outcomes of this invasion, which puts Zelensky in a position of having to negotiate peace to protect and ensure Ukrainian ethnicity and culture survives.

Fighting to the bitter end and to death is not congruent to the continuation of Ukrainian culture and society.  Zelensky has to decide if the Ukrainian ethnicity is preserved, or destroyed by Russia.

The west has abandoned Ukraine, so for Zelensky, peace is the only prize that counts. The problem Zelensky has is the west is all in on military support in order to make Russia pay the highest price for this invasion, and Ukriane is the tool to inflict the pain.
View All Quotes

I guess we know where you are on the “die on one’s feet or live on one’s knees” question.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 9:04:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Here is why:

View Quote

Do you have any credible sources for either of your claims here?
Because private firearms ownership in Ukraine was in fact legal prior to the invasion.
In addition, the ban was on organizations allied with/supported by/originating in Russia.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 9:05:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SpaceGuy] [#38]

Here is why:

View Quote
If the US was being invaded by the Soviets with the goal of a full Communist takeover, you would hate Reagan for banning the communists and pro communist parties because they would be the ones running the puppet government. Really?

They are waiting to depose the government and install a government that is identical to Lushenkos where opposition parties aren't just undermined, but secret policd killing them. I take it you totally forget what the Russians have done to Ukrainian politicians that tow the line?

Zelensky isn't a Saint but you sre utterly retarded for thinking its OK to let the people trying to overthrow you stay in the country, waiting to run it for the Russians.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 9:07:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By MADMAXXX:
How can one be sure?
Didn't we agree to "protect" Ukraine if they gave up their nukes?
View Quote

No. Each country promised to not invade the nation of Ukraine.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 9:09:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By matai:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1VEXZOpIY4

View Quote

Are you telling me that the US has attacked Ukraine? Or was that putine and his merry men?

I swear, some people.....
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 9:09:26 AM EDT
[#41]
I'm just catching up after being away from the computer.
What is new with the war in ukraine?
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 9:10:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By mnd6563:

Here is what I saw, numbers were from 3 days ago:

View Quote

“Vagner” or “Wagner” - yeah, like the German composer who was Hitler’s favorite - is the Russian equivalent of the old Blackwater / Xe, Tripp’s canopy, etc.

They are contractors.  100% Ex Russian military.  Their owner is very close to Putin.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 9:11:06 AM EDT
[#43]

I guess we know where you are on the “die on one’s feet or live on one’s knees” question.
View Quote

No, you don't. I would rather die.

But, the culture of a country and the survival of its civilian population should be the main consideration of its elected politicians. Being a pawn for the West benefits no one, except the Western politicians.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 9:13:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FrankyRay] [#44]

While he certainly is a patriot and is doing a great job to bring the people together to fight the Russian invaders, he (UKR in general) does not champion democracy.

Here is why:

View All Quotes

While he certainly is a patriot and is doing a great job to bring the people together to fight the Russian invaders, he (UKR in general) does not champion democracy.

Here is why:

I watched that video of Tucker again, and I think this is the main point he was trying to make. Along with drawing the parallel of what democracy means here in America, anymore.

Granted, Ukraine is fighting for it's existence and desperate times call for desperate measures. But in any other circumstances, Zelenskyy's actions would clearly be seen as authoritarian.

Question is, how will those actions carry over to the post war political environment?
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 9:18:40 AM EDT
[#45]

Here is why:

View Quote

1) Banning weapons is not un-democratic. It doesn't fit with most Americans' heritage and values and with the Constitution, but we could vote to repeal the 2nd Amendment and still be a democracy.

2) Do you think there a radio station would have been allowed to broadcast Tokyo Rose and Axis Sally from St. Louis, to serve the German-American and Japanese-American populations there? No, but were still a democracy.

Statutory Notes and Related Subsidiaries
Effective Date of 1956 Amendment
Act July 24, 1956, ch. 678, §3, 70 Stat. 624, provided that: "The foregoing amendments [amending this section and section 2385 of this title] shall apply only with respect to offenses committed on and after the date of the enactment of this Act [July 24, 1956]."

§2385. Advocating overthrow of Government

Whoever knowingly or willfully advocates, abets, advises, or teaches the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying the government of the United States or the government of any State, Territory, District or Possession thereof, or the government of any political subdivision therein, by force or violence, or by the assassination of any officer of any such government; or

Whoever, with intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of any such government, prints, publishes, edits, issues, circulates, sells, distributes, or publicly displays any written or printed matter advocating, advising, or teaching the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying any government in the United States by force or violence, or attempts to do so; or

Whoever organizes or helps or attempts to organize any society, group, or assembly of persons who teach, advocate, or encourage the overthrow or destruction of any such government by force or violence; or becomes or is a member of, or affiliates with, any such society, group, or assembly of persons, knowing the purposes thereof—

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 9:20:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By stone-age:
I'm just catching up after being away from the computer.
What is new with the war in ukraine?
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 9:21:40 AM EDT
[#47]

I watched that video of Tucker again, and I think this is the main point he was trying to make. Along with drawing the parallel of what democracy means here in America, anymore.

Granted, Ukraine is fighting for it's existence and desperate times call for desperate measures. But in any other circumstances, Zelenskyy's actions would clearly be seen as authoritarian.

Question is, how will those actions carry over to the post war political environment?
View Quote
They honestly may not have a choice on the political party thing because you can't let Russian puppets get into your government. The US outlawed the Communist Party in 1954.*

*Declared unconstitutional in 1974, but we also weren't being physically attacked.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 9:23:23 AM EDT
[#48]

What country did Zelensky invade?
View All Quotes

What country did Zelensky invade?
You're a fuckin boob. I don't watch TC, or Fox in general, but I did watch this eleven minute clip.
Mostly because for the last few hundred pages, the Lords Of The Flies here have been accusing TC of backing Putain.

So I watched it. And you know what? TC said the exact same thing you did ~ he clarified who invaded whom, and which country is the bad guy. But he also revealed some things about Zelensky that you fellators don't want to talk about.

I personally despise what the Ukes have allowed as far as a government goes. They've been a festering cesspool of corruption, money laundering, and bribery sucking at the tit of criminal American politicians and giving them handjobs at the same time.

Kill the Russians. Fuckin right. But don't pretend VZ is the reincarnation of George Washington. And fuck the American political class and media who are all of a sudden praising Uke as some shining beacon of democracy. It's not.

Remember - the people rushing to cameras and mics blathering about how wonderfully democratic Zelnsky and Ukraine are is the same group of hardcore commies applauding when an American administration demands that private media companies censor and ban speech they don't like. The same group of communists rubbing their hands with glee over the unending imprisonment of "insurrectionists".

Ukraine is and has been a corrupt oligarchy. And with Zelensky banning all opposition and consolidating all Uke media into one entity under his thumb, it is about as authoritarian as it can get. Will he just cut to the chase and declare himself President For Life?
Wait. The Party For Life was their larger oposition party which he just banned. I'm sure he'll pick a different name. Emperor Supreme?

OK ~ sorry for the thread sidetrack. But there really is a mob mentality developing here that is defining Right Think, and anyone not going along is a Putain supporter. Ya'll be wrong.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 9:26:39 AM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

We can draw parallels to the internment of dual passport or ethnic Japanese and German Americans, Australians, and British citizens in WWII. Was it a good idea of the right thing to do? Probably not and it was painful to unwind and admit.

Zelensky had to do this because the Russians are preparing to install a pro-Russian government once they take Kyiv, and banning these pro-Russian parties in parliament gives him a bit of protection against a coup and delegitimizes pro-Russian parties in the Ukraine government.

It sucks that he had to do that because it is very undemocratic, but it is necessary and expected.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 9:27:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Are the Russians really performing that badly in Ukraine?

TOTALLY INCOMPETENT: RUSSIAN TROOPS CAUGHT IN AMBUSH || 2022
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5590
Top Top