BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5589
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 10/27/2021 8:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer]
It says it's been moved, but the link just takes me to the Community page. What gives?

This is now the active "shit (might be) is definitely happening in Ukraine" thread.

News links, thanks to BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
LINKS TO UKRAINIAN NEWS SOURCES IN ENGLISH

Kyiv Post

Ukrainian News

UKRInform

EUROMAIDEN PRESS

New Voice of Ukraine

Kyiv Independent

Ukraine World

InterFax Ukraine

UATV

Ukrainian Journal

Official Website of the President of Ukraine

Ukrainian Ministry of Defense

Save these links. I can't post all the headlines like I've done in the past - too much news and too often.
View Quote

Please @ me with additional stuff to be added here. I don't currently have time to properly curate this thread otherwise.

New news link c/o berettaguy:

Ukrainian Pravda
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/

Stop fake, anti - disinformation site:
https://www.stopfake.org/en/main/
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 12:42:40 PM EDT
[#1]
?? Ukraine War - Drone Shows Intense Close Combat Between Ukrainian & Russian Troops In Kherson

Link Posted: 3/5/2022 12:42:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By macro:
How is Ukraine securing its airspace an act of war against Russia? That is like saying me locking the gate to my back yard fence is an act or war against the neighborhood. Tyrants gonna Tyrant
View Quote

NATO joining the war by securing the airspace is an act of war, Russia says.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 12:43:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 715700] [#3]
Not thread for it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 12:44:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 12:44:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 12:44:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By burnka871:

Oh Jesus
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By burnka871:
Originally Posted By Schmigs:
The new Russian armor packs have arrived. This could mean trouble for Ukraine.

Oh Jesus

ok then, maybe we start handing Ukraine weapons first fielded in this millennium then.  

our escalation decision tree has a lot of ladder rungs in it.  vlad's got one or two before he gets to "launch icbm".  which ends Russian military one way or another.  we don't want to go there.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 12:45:09 PM EDT
[#7]

The shrapnel from those metal russian doors is worse.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 12:46:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By wjwill:
Wonder whats going on here..... maybe Biden is getting ready to give Russia some cash like he has Iran???

https://i.ibb.co/TvFgKPz/Screenshot-20220305-090133-Instagram.jpg
View Quote

Picking up embassy staff?

Link Posted: 3/5/2022 12:46:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ericoak:

Is China going to have the same problems? The PLA procurement system is massively corrupt as well, but the Chinese can no doubt create a legitimate product when they want to. Typing this on a pretty sweet phone “designed in California and assembled in China”.

Might just be Russian ineptitude?
View Quote

I would suspect probably not, but OTOH it's not something you can just assume to be true a priori, because what if you are wrong yeah?
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 12:46:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Waldo:

I read something interesting the other day about the Russian seat on the security council.  Some want to strip them of it because they just took over the seat of the Soviet Union without a vote.

I think it was just some idiot beating his gums, but...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Waldo:
Originally Posted By Cav-Gunner:

Not so much the no fly zone, but a no fly zone has to be enforced.   Catastrophe recipe for escalation - IMHO within a week one or the other downs an aircraft and the ball game changes.

No fly zone would have to come from UN not Nato - and Russian and China is going to veto that.

I read something interesting the other day about the Russian seat on the security council.  Some want to strip them of it because they just took over the seat of the Soviet Union without a vote.

I think it was just some idiot beating his gums, but...

if china abstains from that vote it's the end of our trade relationship with them, might take a decade.  but no one will buy shit clothes in walmart made in china and companies like Apple are already trying to figure out elsewhere to make their products.  djt almost got apple to start making iPhones in Wisconsin, the economy tanked and demand for iPhones dropped and Foxconn didn't finish the build out.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 12:47:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By oarlock:

Remember our govt shot civilian unarmed protestors also.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By oarlock:
Originally Posted By Cav-Gunner:

Hearts & Minds

As Russian enter urban areas, this shit is going to get barbaric - Russians & UKR's in retribution.

Remember our govt shot civilian unarmed protestors also.

what does this have to do with vlad invading Ukraine?

trying hard to not go ad hominem but you're way off.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 12:48:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Durka-Durka:

The western world has enjoyed its success to the point that all leaders have become passive-aggressive, corrupt pieces of shit who are more concerned with tamping down the freedoms of their own people than upsetting the world order.
View Quote

Agreed. And because of that, I think Ukraine is being seen as expendable.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 12:49:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 12:50:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By rca2222:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rca2222:
Originally Posted By wjwill:
Wonder whats going on here..... maybe Biden is getting ready to give Russia some cash like he has Iran???

https://i.ibb.co/TvFgKPz/Screenshot-20220305-090133-Instagram.jpg

Heard on the news that it was to pick up expelled Russian officials
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 12:50:18 PM EDT
[#15]
How is Ukraine securing its airspace an act of war against Russia? That is like saying me locking the gate to my back yard fence is an act or war against the neighborhood. Tyrants gonna Tyrant
View Quote

no one is securing the airspace in Ukraine right now.  some places are under more threat of anti air from one side or the other.  

when un gives the "no fly and kill anything shooting at you" order nato will have complete air superiority in hours.  maybe minutes.  russians are using last millenniums equipment and conscripts who don't want to be there.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 12:50:39 PM EDT
[#16]

I'm seeing right-leanding dudes comment that I turn to regularly about domestic issues, who are very knowledgeable about American politics, try to comment on war with the same authority and it's a clown show.
View Quote

We have that here in GD.

There's a thread where people are cheering for the russians shooting up the Sky News people and wondering when they get to do the same.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 12:51:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By GlockZen:

Ukraine is expendable it always was, I mean if Ukraine joined NATO you think that would prevent Ukraine from being wiped of the map in a first move.  If you live next to Russia, North Korea and China and they are your neighbor, you are first in line and you will be a pawn in the game. Its just a reality of the world as terrible as it sounds.

The Ukrainians have done amazing things, but in the end whatever is necessary to protect the Western way of life, and buy time against Putin will be done. Sounds evil but its always been that way, talk to a Cuban, Vietnamese, Afghani, a Czhech, a Pole.

What is the alternative we go all in on Ukraine.  Zelenskyy needs to come to terms, he has done amazing, he is the Spartan holding the line. He has awakened the world to Putin, he has changed the response matrix in Europe, and Ukraine will hold territory, and rebuild. Russia has paid a terrible price, they will not recover from this. The problem continues to be how to maintain relations with the moderates, everything moves in cycles, there  was Gorbachev, at some point there will be another.  No matter how Putin spins this back home, the Russian soldiers on the ground know the reality, the commanders know, the politicians know, the insiders know, the Russian youth know and the world knows who Putin is.    

If Ukraine government stays in place, with Zelenskyy the popular hero who held of the Russians, that is destructive for Putin. He accomplished not much he took some territory and got some more reserves, but the world is done with Russia. Putin is going to drown in oil, he won't be able to give it away.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GlockZen:
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:

If Biden fucks Ukraine over, his popularity might drop to 10%

Ukraine is expendable it always was, I mean if Ukraine joined NATO you think that would prevent Ukraine from being wiped of the map in a first move.  If you live next to Russia, North Korea and China and they are your neighbor, you are first in line and you will be a pawn in the game. Its just a reality of the world as terrible as it sounds.

The Ukrainians have done amazing things, but in the end whatever is necessary to protect the Western way of life, and buy time against Putin will be done. Sounds evil but its always been that way, talk to a Cuban, Vietnamese, Afghani, a Czhech, a Pole.

What is the alternative we go all in on Ukraine.  Zelenskyy needs to come to terms, he has done amazing, he is the Spartan holding the line. He has awakened the world to Putin, he has changed the response matrix in Europe, and Ukraine will hold territory, and rebuild. Russia has paid a terrible price, they will not recover from this. The problem continues to be how to maintain relations with the moderates, everything moves in cycles, there  was Gorbachev, at some point there will be another.  No matter how Putin spins this back home, the Russian soldiers on the ground know the reality, the commanders know, the politicians know, the insiders know, the Russian youth know and the world knows who Putin is.    

If Ukraine government stays in place, with Zelenskyy the popular hero who held of the Russians, that is destructive for Putin. He accomplished not much he took some territory and got some more reserves, but the world is done with Russia. Putin is going to drown in oil, he won't be able to give it away.

no one will let stand any conditions where vlad keeps what he's invaded on this go around.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 12:51:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Brok3n:

For real those twats over at twatter are starting to restrict content even further in order to force people to sign up for an account so you can view content
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Brok3n:
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:
Originally Posted By Schmigs:
The new Russian armor packs have arrived. This could mean trouble for Ukraine.

Can you post a picture?

For real those twats over at twatter are starting to restrict content even further in order to force people to sign up for an account so you can view content

This. Seems all the Ukraine happenings require a sign in over the last 24 hrs.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 12:51:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SEAN10MM] [#19]
Originally Posted By ecophon:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FNGOGb6XIAQ59wJ?format=jpg&name=small

Picture for cap caveman :-)

Radiator restricted, overheats, more breakdowns. Win!
View Quote

Hahahahaaa. That's a good one Ivan, hopefully now you're either a corpse or a POW
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 12:52:43 PM EDT
[#20]

Let’s not pretend the bottom pic hasn’t been edited.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 12:52:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By thesilvercord:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 12:53:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By thesilvercord:
View Quote

It would be poignant if those two brokered a peace agreement.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 12:53:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Crash_Test_Dhimmi:

Their daddy Slobodan Milosevic went to the Hague for war crimes and died in prison, their uncle Vlad Putin will go to the Hague for war crimes and die in prison, if he is lucky.
View Quote

Why don't you tell the whole truth? He was poisoned in prison to prevent him from being able to defend himself in court against the charges.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 12:53:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 12:53:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By georgiaboy:
I can't even begin to defend Trump's personnel choices.  But saying Trump was Russia friendly is quite a stretch.
View Quote

The problem with Trump wasn't that he Russia-friendly - he wasn't.  But we need somebody who is "Russia-hostile", and he wasn't that either.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 12:54:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eight_Ring] [#26]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

I have an Instagram account that is 100% Japanese sport/racing motorcycles. I posted this out of character because I thought it was fitting,even though for 23 years we have been told we are paranoid and antagonistic to Putin

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/83FB55FD-81A8-40DE-B722-9E2158B4690F_jpe-2302251.JPG

An American who has followed my account for years offered the same take I have seen on here and it is absolutely embarrassing. I should by all rights agree on 90% of things with people on here as a gun loving conservative but the derpy right has lost its mind and worse,sold its soul.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/44E4F5C8-0156-4786-B0F0-71921A102EFA_jpe-2302253.JPG

View Quote

We are living in a time of bewildering propaganda.  

Maybe you should stuff the name-calling (Derpy? XXXX XXX.) and help orient people's sensibilities.

I get your perspective.  You are coming to this from a small weak country and you fear being devoured by Russia.

I come from a large powerful country that can have major cities turned into an uninhabitable wasteland in a nuclear exchange with an adversary who has lost everything and has nothing left to lose.  Dealing cautiously with a nuclear adversary is at the forefront of my sensibilities.

Or is that Derpy of me.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 12:54:46 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote
So much for Russia being popular there.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 12:55:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thesilvercord] [#28]
Originally Posted By fike:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fike:

The original

Attachment Attached File

Edited

Attachment Attached File

And this one

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 12:57:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Russians deploying weather weapons to deny Ukranians fresh beef.

Link Posted: 3/5/2022 12:58:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 715700] [#30]
Originally Posted By Eight_Ring:

Maybe you should stuff the name-calling (Derpy?  Fuck off.) and help orient people's sensibilities.

I get your perspective.  You are coming to this from a small weak country and you fear being devoured by Russia.

I come from a large powerful country that can have major cities turned into an uninhabitable wasteland in a nuclear exchange with an adversary who has lost everything and has nothing left to lose.

Or is that Derpy of me.
View Quote

Wait,my city can’t be destroyed?

What is derpy is believing Russian propaganda about Zelensky being a CIA puppet,believing that there were Wuhan bio labs,cheering for shooting news reporters and  believing Putin is the bare chested savior of Christendom,all things that the most retarded faction of the American right has allowed itself to swallow.

These are all a loooooooooong way from being concerned over nuclear war.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 12:58:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 12:59:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:01:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Signs that the Russians are giving up on the roads... That's a good indicator that you're mining the roads well enough.

Now mine the obvious tracs next to the roads and start boobytraping anything related to a battlefield pickup. If it's something they want, use it to kill them.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:02:01 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

What's the tone / opinion / news coverage like of this war in Estonia and other Baltic nations?
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:02:05 PM EDT
[#35]
A prayer for Ukraine:

May we bow our heads?Dear Lord, Heavenly Father, you who know all things
We face again a mighty foe, a vast host.
An enemy more than twice our number.
But you have taught us to fear not, to trust in you.
When the Philistines came before them, the people of Israel feared the giant Goliath.
Their army was in terror.
No one had the courage to stand against the mighty warrior.
Then you brought forth David, a mere Boy, and Saul armed David with his armor and he put a helmet of brass upon his head.
Also, he armed him with a coat of mail.  And David girded his sword upon his armor, and he assayed to go.

Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:02:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Chokey:
View Quote

Reminds me of a roadkill rabbit I saw one time.  The body was flattened but the ears were still sticking up.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:03:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:04:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By racer765:

when un gives the "no fly and kill anything shooting at you" order nato will have complete air superiority in hours.  maybe minutes.  russians are using last millenniums equipment and conscripts who don't want to be there.
View Quote

Never gonna happen. As long as the bastard commie keeps playing the nuke card, he’ll do what he wants in a non-NATO country. FVP, FJB, and chinaisasshoe.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:04:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By oldbutspry:

Why don't you tell the whole truth? He was poisoned in prison to prevent him from being able to defend himself in court against the charges.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By oldbutspry:
Originally Posted By Crash_Test_Dhimmi:

Their daddy Slobodan Milosevic went to the Hague for war crimes and died in prison, their uncle Vlad Putin will go to the Hague for war crimes and die in prison, if he is lucky.

Nice, I like Putin's future at the Hague even better now. Thank you
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:04:35 PM EDT
[#40]

Maybe you should stuff the name-calling (Derpy?  Fuck off.) and help orient people's sensibilities.

I come from a large powerful country that can have major cities turned into an uninhabitable wasteland in a nuclear exchange with an adversary who has lost everything and has nothing left to lose.  Dealing cautiously with a nuclear adversary is at the forefront of my sensibilities.

Or is that Derpy of me.
View All Quotes

I have an Instagram account that is 100% Japanese sport/racing motorcycles. I posted this out of character because I thought it was fitting,even though for 23 years we have been told we are paranoid and antagonistic to Putin

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/83FB55FD-81A8-40DE-B722-9E2158B4690F_jpe-2302251.JPG

An American who has followed my account for years offered the same take I have seen on here and it is absolutely embarrassing. I should by all rights agree on 90% of things with people on here as a gun loving conservative but the derpy right has lost its mind and worse,sold its soul.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/44E4F5C8-0156-4786-B0F0-71921A102EFA_jpe-2302253.JPG

Or is that Derpy of me.

The fact that you quoted his post defending yourself speaks volumes. You're afraid(and cozy)....we get it. Let's just let Putin do whatever he wants, because nukes.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:04:38 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

So if I lock the back gate, and invite some friends over to hang out in the back yard, my friends are committing an act of war again the neighbors. Got it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:05:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:

Large protest, things are warming up.
View Quote

From last year.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:07:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:07:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By MattyCR:

Bet you the cost of a bronze ARFCOM membership that in one month Ukraine is not in the EU

Deal?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MattyCR:
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

wrong.

"European Union Commissioner Maros Sefcovic said Friday that he wants Ukraine to become an EU member "as soon as possible," according to Reuters."

Bet you the cost of a bronze ARFCOM membership that in one month Ukraine is not in the EU

Deal?

That depends on whether the Russians have been forced to withdraw or not. If they have, Ukraine will get welcomed into the EU because they have resources the EU want to be able to somewhat control (like oil, gas, and wheat). If the Russians are still there in a month, things get a little murkier.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:08:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:08:50 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

But Fuss a already says the sanctions are an act of war.

In for a penny, in for a pound
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:09:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:09:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:09:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

We have that here in GD.

There's a thread where people are cheering for the russians shooting up the Sky News people and wondering when they get to do the same.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

I'm seeing right-leanding dudes comment that I turn to regularly about domestic issues, who are very knowledgeable about American politics, try to comment on war with the same authority and it's a clown show.

We have that here in GD.

If the media wasn't a mouthpiece for the globalist Left, and didn't spend all their time and energy lying about the Right, and Right political candidates, and those who support them....acting a a third column to constantly politically crush them.......those folks wouldn't feel justified or glad that reporters are getting shot up.  

Just like if the EU/US elite hadn't directly interfered in internal politics to cause a "regime change" in Ukraine, just like they did in Egypt, Libya, and attempted to do in Israel........and hadn't subsequently used Ukraine as a base for anti-Russia propaganda and political operations, demonizing and attempting to politically overthrow Putin, Russia wouldn't be invading it.

Just like if 9/11 hadn't happened, we wouldn't have invaded Afghanistan.

Just because they didn't use guns and bombs, doesn't make what the Left did to and in Ukraine "OK".  

This isn't rocket science, we were supposed to learn how this works in grade school.  The grade school level lesson here, is you can only push someone so far, before they retaliate.  Everyone who thinks Putin is the bully here, is ignorant of all the shit we pulled in Ukraine before it got to this point.  They are falling for the old trick of taunting someone secretly, until they retaliate openly, then labeling THEM the bad guy.  

So, let's reduce it to the playground level.  One bully (the EU/US Left/Soros/their ilk) sat on the corner of Russia's desk and keeps poking him with a sharp stick.  Whenever the teacher is looking their way, that bully has a shield called "media" that they put up and it blinds the teacher to what is happened.

At what point is Russia the child justified in kicking the shit out of the bully sitting on the corner of the desk?

Those who point to Russia as the aggressor are no different than the fucked up school administrators who, when faced with two kids who got in a fight like I described above, studiously ignore the first actor's repeated provocations, but then blame and punish the second actor who finally stands up and throws a big punch.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:10:40 PM EDT
[#50]

Marco doesn’t seem happy about the Bennett Israeli meeting in Moscow with Putin.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5589
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top