Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5589
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 10/27/2021 8:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer]
It says it's been moved, but the link just takes me to the Community page. What gives?

This is now the active "shit (might be) is definitely happening in Ukraine" thread.

News links, thanks to BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
LINKS TO UKRAINIAN NEWS SOURCES IN ENGLISH

Kyiv Post

Ukrainian News

UKRInform

EUROMAIDEN PRESS

New Voice of Ukraine

Kyiv Independent

Ukraine World

InterFax Ukraine

UATV

Ukrainian Journal

Official Website of the President of Ukraine

Ukrainian Ministry of Defense

Save these links. I can't post all the headlines like I've done in the past - too much news and too often.
View Quote

Please @ me with additional stuff to be added here. I don't currently have time to properly curate this thread otherwise.

New news link c/o berettaguy:

Ukrainian Pravda
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/

Stop fake, anti - disinformation site:
https://www.stopfake.org/en/main/
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:18:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By hondaciv:
View Quote

What does CNN have to worry about?
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:18:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Goodn:

LOL!

Ask most Canadians about the CBC and their reporting of the truth.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Goodn:

LOL!

Ask most Canadians about the CBC and their reporting of the truth.

This is the only CBC I trust:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:19:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Hear me out.

Zilenskyy is jewish, yes?

As are many Ukrainians (Jew and Eastern orthodox)

If Zilenskyy is Jewish, and they've thwarted 3 attempts on his life, one by Chechyan hit squads, (with apparent russian insider help) What are the chances Mossad is involved in helping protect him? Would a Jewish leader of Ukraine not be better for Israeli relations than a Putin puppet?

I get UI may be game theory-ing here, but if MI6 and CIA aren't on the ground I'd be shocked. Mossad is just is likely.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:20:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:

precisely.

The only reason I can think of is that it isn't an immediate threat, and that thier air resources are over areas in the south or NE. IDK.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ryder12:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/dont_believe_you_anchorman_zps267e5cbb_GIF-108.gif

If that was true then why hasn't that 40 mile long Russian column that is 3 wide not burning after 4 days?

precisely.

The only reason I can think of is that it isn't an immediate threat, and that thier air resources are over areas in the south or NE. IDK.

Don’t interrupt your enemy while they are fucking up.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:20:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Blue_Devil_JD:

In theater they only have 180K. 9-10 dead plus 2x that wounded. No major cities taken. Russia could see 30k dead 60k wounded before they take Kiev and Kharkiv.

That many dead in a few weeks, even if they are going to resupply, a "modern" military taking those losses in that sort amount of time is a complete disaster.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stone-age:

Over 9,000 dead russian troops.
Russia has over 800,000 troops.

In theater they only have 180K. 9-10 dead plus 2x that wounded. No major cities taken. Russia could see 30k dead 60k wounded before they take Kiev and Kharkiv.

That many dead in a few weeks, even if they are going to resupply, a "modern" military taking those losses in that sort amount of time is a complete disaster.
This is old soviet doctrine, losses don't matter
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:20:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

There are probably four times as many ATGMs in Ukraine as Russian armored vehicles
View Quote

ATGM hit/kill ratio?  

Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:20:37 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

He’s not wrong.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:21:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By agillig:
I think this sums it up better.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/47512/q0u5svn0yg431_png-2301386.JPG
View Quote

If you're going to suggest I'm pro Putin because I point out Zelenksy is stage managed, I'm going to safely assume you're a bit slow.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:21:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Look, he can play dress up during peace time, but when your country is in the fight of its life, it's time to get serious.   That's a man, and he needs to start acting like it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sulman:
The Ukrainian tranny story feels like a bit of a misstep for me in what has typically been a very slick PR op for the Ukranians. This stuff is disproportionately important to Twitter retards in particular, and it's the social media space they want to continue dominating.

But then I don't know that the 'trannies of fighting age' story is true; because it's just another thing on Twitter.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/478547/FM1Tmx9VkAAhmus_jpeg-2301388.JPG
Look, he can play dress up during peace time, but when your country is in the fight of its life, it's time to get serious.   That's a man, and he needs to start acting like it.

Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:22:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By TripleC:

This sounds awesome but How do we know its accurate?
View Quote
Look at the Russian results so far
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:23:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Obo2:

certainly don't take offense all I did was pitch in a couple bucks and let you know.
I believe she is working with a member of the press and I don't know of the network.

this is the sticker thread https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/STRIKER-APROVED-Fundraiser-for-Ukrainian-help-Stickers-and-Patches-Now-with-more-POLE/5-2534739/

this is ees thread https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Operation-Wheatfox-EESmith-hand-carries-Med-Gear-to-Ukraine-Striker-approved-fundraiser-MET/5-2534806/
View Quote

Looks like a bad publicity stunt to me based on the title so I'm not going to waste my time or energy reading something that I'm suspect about.  I just don't get people asking for money to do something that they're convicted on doing.  I can see asking for money for supplies but not personal expenses.  But I also have been "giving until it hurts" to the point of crying and never asked for anything for myself and I won't accept anything (which is extremely difficult for Ukrainians to understand).  I did have friends give money to my refugees since they have nothing and I am very grateful for that.  I never asked them for help but they insisted because they knew these people are in desperate need.  I guess I could post a picture of their living conditions but I think that would be pandering.

But I guess I'm shallow to some folks.  I got pissed at another American that demanded that I provide $20 to some girl transporting orphans to the border.  Maybe I was out of line but I was on the road with a clown car full of exhausted kids with this guy constantly telling me to abandon them at either an airport or train station.

I haven't slept much this past week and have become drained while spending half my time telling family why I'm not abandoning UA and the other half trying to do the best I can for those with nothing.  You guys need to realize these million plus refugees in Europe aren't the only crisis.  Those left behind are barely getting by after this Covid nonsense and I just don't know how they're going to survive another economic crisis.  Just too many windmills that folks are telling me not to charge.

So, I'm tired of foreigners using us for sensationalism.  I've refused multiple interviews and watched the TV crews swarm over tired people, having no place to go, while aid workers getting their photo ops, looking all good for the cameras.  That just turns me off.  Sorry.

It's after 1am here and I have to sign off soon so can't keep up with this never ending thread.  The last time I tried, it took me 2 days.  Now I'm just too busy with immediate issues affecting Ukrainians to watch the news.  This has been an informative thread but it's just become overwhelming for me to follow and answer properly.

Just be careful of scammers because many of you have a big heart and want to help.  I want to try to make this happen but competing with other "fundraisers" gives me a bad taste in my mouth.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:23:31 PM EDT
[#12]

If its true it's because russia allows it

I'd almost bet he's holding back his air incase of NATO getting frisky
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GlockZen:
If true this would be crazy, that Russia still has no control over the airspace.

If its true it's because russia allows it

I'd almost bet he's holding back his air incase of NATO getting frisky
There's no good reason to choose to allow it.

They're incapable, most likely due to maintenance or, like everything else they've fielded in this war, the jets don't live up to the myth.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:23:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Hear me out.

If Zilenskyy is Jewish, and they've thwarted 3 attempts on his life, one by Chechyan hit squads, (with apparent russian insider help) What are the chances Mossad is involved in helping protect him? Would a Jewish leader of Ukraine not be better for Israeli relations than a Putin puppet?

I get UI may be game theory-ing here, but if MI6 and CIA aren't on the ground I'd be shocked. Mossad is just is likely.
View Quote

Probably true. I can imagine every major power has spooks running around Ukraine gathering intel and running operations such as the above.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:24:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
Originally Posted By stone-age:

Over 9,000 dead russian troops.
Russia has over 800,000 troops.

Putin is old soviet.  Just like biden is old... well, old.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:24:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Hear me out.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:24:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Hear me out.

View Quote

If Mossad were helping, it would be to weaken a major ally of Iran, not because Zele is Jewish. From that perspective, it would make a lot of sense that they want Russia to loose.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mossad taught/is teaching tactics. They've faced the same type of attack three times and decimated their enemy each time. Then again, the Israelis would have attacked well before 200k troops were amassed on their border.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:24:51 PM EDT
[#17]

This has been a slight change this week; I noticed a lot more images of better equipped units rather than last week's story which was Yuri looking for potatoes with his bao feng and crocs. There's going to be some interesting papers when this is all done.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cypher15:
Captured and destroyed upgraded T-80s and upgraded 72s say otherwise.  A large majority of their forces are committed which does not leave any room for your theory.

This has been a slight change this week; I noticed a lot more images of better equipped units rather than last week's story which was Yuri looking for potatoes with his bao feng and crocs. There's going to be some interesting papers when this is all done.

First few days it was 1990s stuff, the better armor came into action after March 1st.  

Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:25:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/dont_believe_you_anchorman_zps267e5cbb_GIF-108.gif

If that was true then why hasn't that 40 mile long Russian column that is 3 wide not burning after 4 days?

precisely.

Looks like a nice loadout of supplies. Maybe they are just waiting for the right moment to capture it
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:26:30 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote
In WWI everyone carried their spoon in a boot
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:27:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

The Russians are trying to oversaturate the Ukrainian defenses.

Sending tank after tank until all the NLAWs, Panzerfausts and RPGs are depleted.

View Quote

the zap brannigan method.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:27:59 PM EDT
[#21]

precisely.

View All Quotes

precisely.

I doubt either side is going to launch a lot of aircraft without a comprehensive SEAD campaign.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:28:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By anono:

If Mossad were helping, it would be to weaken a major ally of Iran, not because Zele is Jewish. From that perspective, it would make a lot of sense that they want Russia to loose.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mossad taught/is teaching tactics. They've faced the same type of attack three times and decimated their enemy each time. Then again, the Israelis would have attacked well before 200k troops were amassed on their border.
View Quote

The Israelis are FAR better armed too.

And likely have nukes.

If Mossad IS helping protect him, I doubt anyone can get to him no matter what they send, unless they end up plating a cruise missile on his head
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:28:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By mokerr:

They thought it was a Ukrainian checkpoint. Fog of war and all that

The main reporter with them probably has more experience seeing combat that the vast majority of people on earth. I think they're brave as shit for being out there reporting the truth.
View Quote

I thought they were bloody lucky to get out alive. When the sparks and glass started flying about I thought it was time to do a Yeager.

Was that really a 'Russian hit squad' or just a nervous squaddie at a VCP? It sounded like one shooter but who knows. A lot happens at checkpoints in War, around Baghdad they were extremely risky.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:28:34 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

Someone at the meeting suggested that the Russians be able to hear the truth and they did some brainstorming on how they could contribute?
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:28:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Tboy:

Looks like a bad publicity stunt to me based on the title so I'm not going to waste my time or energy reading something that I'm suspect about.  I just don't get people asking for money to do something that they're convicted on doing.  I can see asking for money for supplies but not personal expenses.  But I also have been "giving until it hurts" to the point of crying and never asked for anything for myself and I won't accept anything (which is extremely difficult for Ukrainians to understand).  I did have friends give money to my refugees since they have nothing and I am very grateful for that.  I never asked them for help but they insisted because they knew these people are in desperate need.  I guess I could post a picture of their living conditions but I think that would be pandering.

But I guess I'm shallow to some folks.  I got pissed at another American that demanded that I provide $20 to some girl transporting orphans to the border.  Maybe I was out of line but I was on the road with a clown car full of exhausted kids with this guy constantly telling me to abandon them at either an airport or train station.

I haven't slept much this past week and have become drained while spending half my time telling family why I'm not abandoning UA and the other half trying to do the best I can for those with nothing.  You guys need to realize these million plus refugees in Europe aren't the only crisis.  Those left behind are barely getting by after this Covid nonsense and I just don't know how they're going to survive another economic crisis.  Just too many windmills that folks are telling me not to charge.

So, I'm tired of foreigners using us for sensationalism.  I've refused multiple interviews and watched the TV crews swarm over tired people, having no place to go, while aid workers getting their photo ops, looking all good for the cameras.  That just turns me off.  Sorry.

It's after 1am here and I have to sign off soon so can't keep up with this never ending thread.  The last time I tried, it took me 2 days.  Now I'm just too busy with immediate issues affecting Ukrainians to watch the news.  This has been an informative thread but it's just become overwhelming for me to follow and answer properly.

Just be careful of scammers because many of you have a big heart and want to help.  I want to try to make this happen but competing with other "fundraisers" gives me a bad taste in my mouth.
View Quote
Glad you are safe so far TBoy!
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:28:55 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

So they are going back after the truckers being Nazis huh

Instead of reporting the truth of Russian war crimes

Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:29:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By EvanWilliams:

He's not wrong.
View All Quotes

He's not wrong.
When you tell Russian POW's that you eat Russian guts for lunch with a spoon, it's scarier if you actually have a spoon.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:29:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

I've seen a lot of "It's Europe's problem".  But, whatever.
View Quote

It’s Europe’s fault.  Does that not make it their problem?  Funding your enemy while neglecting your own military is a colossal mistake. Especially when that enemy has stated repeatedly for decades his intent.  Can’t see how we should pay for that.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:29:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:29:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By stanprophet09:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stanprophet09:

Putin has a law now that they can put people in jail for 15 years for spreading false information

CNN lies all the time so……
@ckshually
He is cracking down on journalists and others who don’t go along with his lies .
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:30:35 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote
May Ukraine has plans to use those supplies after the drivers split
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:30:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:30:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

The world hasn’t seen a leader like him since…I don’t know honestly.

View Quote

This is a TRUE leader that Ukrainians need and deserve.  I've intentionally stayed away from all the domestic politics but I see a guy rallying his people to victory.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:31:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Captured and destroyed upgraded T-80s and upgraded 72s say otherwise.  A large majority of their forces are committed which does not leave any room for your theory.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

The Russians are sending the very old cold war stuff from the 1970s and 1980s now.  

Have you not seen the videos of trains that are loaded down and presumably hauling it to the front?  They are ancient museum pieces.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:31:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By MMcCall:

How does Apple cutting off Russian citizens from the App Store affect Putin's war machine?  He should absolutely be sanctioned, but 90% of what I've seen is either token at best, or outright corporate virtue signaling.
View Quote
It all adds up.  That one teenage daughter of a Russian oligarch that can't get the latest iPhone can make a big difference.  Exploit EVERYTHING.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:32:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Greyswandir:

Probably true. I can imagine every major power has spooks running around Ukraine gathering intel and running operations such as the above.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Greyswandir:
Hear me out.

At the beginning Israel stated they were sending in "retired" SF.  Guessing 200+ maybe more.

That and all the other SF perusing the area, it's a learning experience
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:33:02 PM EDT
[#37]

precisely.

View All Quotes

precisely.

Other priorities?  Trapped from the roads and bridges being destroyed?  

Maybe it is a trap that the Russians are hoping to lure the ukes into and the ukes know it?

Who knows..  Maybe it is because they don't have enough air assets.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:33:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By glockluv:

Spoon Man of Kyiv
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By glockluv:

Spoon Man of Kyiv
Who was the member here who said he sang an adjusted version  "Spoon man" called "Spoon Dad" while tanning his kids hides when they were being assholes?

Maybe UKR spends a lot of time in GD.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:34:35 PM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sean124:
Originally Posted By Chokey:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/TSdKDYc-50.gif

Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:34:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By BlueSetter:

First, F Austin! He couldn’t be more wrong or any weaker.  NATO is the problem not the solution.  For Ukraine’s neighboring countries, this invasion absolutely warrants a military response.  That is indisputable.  Suggesting that membership in a defense alliance precludes them from taking defensive measures is illogical.
If Russia is a threat to Poland or the Baltic’s or any others and is waging war on a bordering country, there is no other appropriate response. Under what circumstances would we allow the invasion of a country that shares our borders by an adversary or enemy?  
We need another Gipper, ASAP.
View Quote

Poland needs to leave nato and go full retard on Russia...
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:35:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Third_Rail:

A knife. Ah.

I see the Ukrainian government is every bit as wise and forward-thinking as the USA government.
View Quote

I've been assured that I will be able to pick one up off a dead Russian.  Kinda like them holding off until Russians were in Kiev to start passing out guns - folks that had no clue how to use.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:35:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Auto5guy:
When you tell Russian POW's that you eat Russian guts for lunch with a spoon, it's scarier if you actually have a spoon.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Auto5guy:

He's not wrong.

Truff
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:35:53 PM EDT
[#43]
I checked the last 7 pages and couldn’t find mention of sky news. This was posted by Brian Steltser 24 minutes ago and presumably related to CNN stopping broadcasting in Ukraine (which is probably great for the Russians).

SlyNews Journalists ambushed in Gun Fight Video
“But Richie was still inside the car. The rounds were ploughing into the car every time he moved. He was actually being protected by the engine block - he knew that.

He called out, and we shouted at him to come. But then silence. It seemed like an eternity before he emerged over the barrier and jumped down towards us, followed by a hail of gunfire.”

One takes two round to body armor and another wounded somehow.

Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:36:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RedRocket87] [#44]
Sure seems like Russians have it pretty good right now where fuel prices are concerned. Of course, that's not factoring in the reduction in value to their currency.

Fuel prices

Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:36:24 PM EDT
[#45]

The Israelis are FAR better armed too.

And likely have nukes.

If Mossad IS helping protect him, I doubt anyone can get to him no matter what they send, unless they end up plating a cruise missile on his head
View Quote

Not really sure what you mean, I'm talking about the 48', 67', and 73' wars, not their current state. They certainly have nukes nowadays, no one questions that.

Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:36:55 PM EDT
[#46]

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:37:30 PM EDT
[#47]
ohhhhh yeah!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:37:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:
I'm sorry - is this thread about about liberal bullshit in America or a war in Ukraine?
View Quote

There are two or three LARP'ers who can't resist uncorking their tampons if anyone posts anything contrary to their osmotized victimhood. It's like a Uke flag colored Kool-Aid busts through the thread challenging anyone to join their pity party.

Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:41:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Tboy:

I had dinner with a local tonight to help build up his moral and give some needed support/advice.  He's former military who's family I just drove over 3,000 km to get to safety in order for him to focus on the job at stake to help his countrymen fight.  He's afraid of a massive push from Belarus which would knock Lviv out of the fight and doom UA to defeat by losing such a strategic point.  He also agrees and has told others that AMERICANS and others should not be fighting this war.  This is Ukraine's to fight and they can/will win this if they can be properly supplied.  I have complete confidence that Ukraine will be victorious and hope that they take the initiative to kick Russia out of the ENTIRE country.  

Honestly, I think the best and most realistic outcome would be Ukrainians digging in their heels and showing the world/Russians that they will not surrender to this evil, forcing Russians to stand up to their dictator.  Putin knows EVERYTHING is at stake here, namely his life, so he's not going to give up unless there will be total victory.

I am willing to be my life on this that he is mistaken.  There are many more like me that can see the silver lining.

Ukraine needs your support and encouragement.  This victory will be a massive shift here and Ukrainians will finally be respected and take responsibility for themselves.

I'm a realist and find myself seeing a dire situation in front of me but I have complete confidence that Putin will be destroyed.  These are amazing times to be alive and very scary if you live here.
View Quote
Best of luck.  Hope at the very least you guys can make occupation impossible and Putin has to give up or at least make a fair deal.  Possible an agreement to never join NATO or something like that and you don't have to give up any lands. I find it hard to believe Putin will leave with nothing but if you fight strong it may be something that just saves face for him.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:41:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By martin248:

He's probably a crook, but that's a Ukrainian problem to solve, not a Russian problem. Self determination means having the right to take care of your own crooked leaders.
View Quote
I think if he was a true crook, he would have bolted on night one. Sure he's probably done some shady deals, but he's changed my view on him 100% this last week.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5589
Top Top