BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5588
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 10/27/2021 8:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer]
It says it's been moved, but the link just takes me to the Community page. What gives?

This is now the active "shit (might be) is definitely happening in Ukraine" thread.

News links, thanks to BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
LINKS TO UKRAINIAN NEWS SOURCES IN ENGLISH

Kyiv Post

Ukrainian News

UKRInform

EUROMAIDEN PRESS

New Voice of Ukraine

Kyiv Independent

Ukraine World

InterFax Ukraine

UATV

Ukrainian Journal

Official Website of the President of Ukraine

Ukrainian Ministry of Defense

Save these links. I can't post all the headlines like I've done in the past - too much news and too often.
View Quote

Please @ me with additional stuff to be added here. I don't currently have time to properly curate this thread otherwise.

New news link c/o berettaguy:

Ukrainian Pravda
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/

Stop fake, anti - disinformation site:
https://www.stopfake.org/en/main/
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:26:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jackal-FnM:
Just heard over the air, Putin officially declares of independence for the breakaway portion of Ukraine.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:26:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

It cost a lot to move combat forces over 4,000 miles.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ar15joe:

Expensive? How?
Do you think Communist Russia pays soldiers MORE for some reason? LOL
willing to stand corrected but that does not seem likely the low ranking boot slogging troops would get bonus pay of any sort

It cost a lot to move combat forces over 4,000 miles.

Not when the DDR is buying Russian gas

Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:27:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FrankyRay] [#3]
Just heard over the air, Putin officially declares of independence for the breakaway portion of Ukraine.
View Quote

Same here. Listening to Clay Travis and Buck Sexton Show.

Yes, Conservative Talk Radio is my "background noise."
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:29:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I understand some of those forces have come from the Russian Far East, like from Vladivostok, that's a long haul and use of resources.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:29:37 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

"breakaway"

Yeah, totally not a Russian-backed insurrection.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:29:42 PM EDT
[#6]
WATCH: Ukrainian President SHREDS Biden, Kamala Harris, at security conference | John Bachman Now
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:30:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Welp let’s see if 4am 22/02/22 is it.

Godspeed Ukraine.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:31:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Welp let’s see if 4am 22/02/22 is it.

Godspeed Ukraine.
View Quote

That's what, 8pm est?
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:31:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Realistically, Ukraine was never getting these breakaway regions back anyway. If they had tried to take them back, Russia would have intervened. Now they are Russia's problem to deal with.

If this is as far as it goes, then not much will have changed.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:33:36 PM EDT
[#10]
RT is saying Putin will make a decision on recognizing Donbass breakaway republics.

Putin announces 'special operation' in Donbass | SPECIAL COVERAGE
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:34:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:

What were those little "explosions"? Looked like m-80s
View Quote

Mortar rounds
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:34:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wreckshooter] [#12]
Originally Posted By rca2222:

You forgot the embassy shut down to hide Hunter's secrets...Biden wants Ukraine destroyed to hide the evidence theory.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:34:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:
Realistically, Ukraine was never getting these breakaway regions back anyway. If they had tried to take them back, Russia would have intervened. Now they are Russia's problem to deal with.

View Quote

This is all we are gonna see. The John Bolton's of arf are bummed.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:36:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:37:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By TW52:

This is all we are gonna see. The John Bolton's of arf are bummed.
View Quote

That would also explain the massive build-up. Russia put enough forces into the area to make sure Ukraine didn't attempt to take the area back by force once this announcement was made.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:38:36 PM EDT
[#16]
So Russia recognizes two "Breakaway" regions that were already user Russian control is this the ending of all this? I mean such a massive build up to let this be the end goal.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:38:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
US troops are pictured in Poland as intelligence warns Putin will 'crush' Ukraine with two weeks of rocket attacks, street fighting and hunt for Zelensky supporters: Putin says negotiations with West are at a 'dead end'

KILLING MACHINES Putin’s ‘Terminator’ tanks move 2 miles from Ukraine as US warns ‘tens of thousands could die in DAYS’ if Russia invades

Cuba to deepen ties with Russia as Ukraine tensions mount - When Russian does put missiles, etc. in Cuba, duped conservative sites which feature RT (Kremlin) News will state that this is all the USA's fault for supporting Ukraine when in fact Russian has been giving billions in loans to Cuba as well as military assistance, promises to revamp their military (as well as Venezuela's, Nicaragua's, etc.), not to mention Russian subs within 50 miles of our coastline and Russians military planes off the west coast and Alaska for years - they always seem to miss those stories but are first to report when an American ship enters the Black Sea... Funny how patriotic American news websites can be so supportive of an "ex" KGB chief who murdered God knows how many and oppressed millions as well as a guy who made allies out of Communist North Korea, Communist Venezuela, Communist China, Communist Transnistria (watch that one when this kicks off), and any other communist or hard-leftist or Marxist regime.

View Quote

Putin is a stone cold psychopath and nothng be more wonderful than to have the mfer take one in the skull on TV tonight.

The people in the current administration loved Raul Castro, and Maduro and their defense policies directly contributed to Putin's rise to power, their policies, weakened us economically and in specifically in energy.   The problem we have is that expecting them to fix the situation. Never gonna happen, they will just make it ten times worse, I have no idea how we get out of this situation, and my heart breaks for Ukrainians, because I know exactly what my family suffered at the hands of these thugs.

At least Ukraine has porous borders and no weapons embargo.

Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:39:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Nah, we're still waiting on the atrocities so that Russia can protect these new independent states from the Ukrainian bully.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:41:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By voodochild:
So Russia recognizes two "Breakaway" regions that were already user Russian control is this the ending of all this? I mean such a massive build up to let this be the end goal.
View Quote

Independent regions. Sign a bilateral defensive pact with Russia.  Russia goes in to deal with the threats to their partner.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:41:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:41:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:42:27 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

But what it means now is that Russian recognizes them as separate from the Kyiv government.  

The leaders in those regions have been calling for Russia military support for weeks.  So now, Putin can legally in his mind, send in "Peace Keepers" and it is not an invasion, but military support for an ally at their request...

Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:42:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:43:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Putin makes a statement following the security council meeting on Dobass recognition.

Putin makes a statement following the Security Council meeting on Donbass recognition
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:44:06 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

The gray area is what I’m hearing will be recognized. So there’s a lot of Ukrainian territory that is not separatist held.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:44:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By walkinginadangerzone:
View Quote

And there we go. That's cause, not that Russia really ever cared for having a reason.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:44:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:45:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wreckshooter] [#28]
Originally Posted By Blue_Devil_JD:
You all believe too much Biden CNN propaganda. Russia should be oour Ally. Further Ukraine Supported biden against TRUMP. jesus. Anyway, fake war, and Rissua is allowed to have military exercises.

The Russian troops are already leaving, all of these TikTik videos are played in reverse.

Maybe Hunter can Bail out Ukraine!!

And why souldnt Russia support all the Ethnic Russians who deserve Urkaine? Ukrains Givernment is literally NAZIS!

The 200K russian troops are providing Ukraine FREEDOM!
View Quote

Wow, just wow man. The derp is strong with you.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:45:51 PM EDT
[#29]
So it’s fo time now or in 6 hrs? Guess we’re fixing to find out.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:46:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Smokey0844:

The gray area is what I’m hearing will be recognized. So there’s a lot of Ukrainian territory that is not separatist held. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/518633/5313EF9F-6240-4C80-A557-5836DFED62C0-2287845.jpg
View Quote

That's not good.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:47:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By 7255:
Nah, we're still waiting on the atrocities so that Russia can protect these new independent states from the Ukrainian bully.
View Quote

This. Putin wants all of Ukraine. Anyone that thinks he won't take it when given an opportunity are delusional. The question is if he thinks he has that opportunity now, or if he is going to bite off a piece of eastern Ukraine and wait for another opening the future.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:47:06 PM EDT
[#32]
He seems a bit upset at his commie predecessors. O well.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:47:10 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

It's a mess - The two breakaway regions broke away from Ukraine because they were disgusted with the original neo-nazi led coup that ousted the President of Ukraine and they didn't want to be under the control of the new puppet regime which was installed by the US. So they broke away and wanted to be a part of Russian authority instead (Most of them are Russian speaking anyways) Russian has never officially recognized them but has supplied with weapons and arms to defend their borders. This has gone on since 2014. Now we are at the fork in the road where Russia may recognize them as their own country or a part of Russia.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:48:07 PM EDT
[#34]
So the invasion has officially begun...  Putin officially calls the separatist regions as independent.  Russian troops will move in as peacekeepers.  Ukrainian fake attacks and bombings will increase conveniently filmed by Russian TV.  Russia will invade the rest of Ukraine to capture the terrorist Ukrainian government and enact regime change.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:48:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By BoostKING:
RT is saying Putin will make a decision on recognizing Donbass breakaway republics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0I5eglJMRI
View Quote

Putin addressing Russia now.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:48:34 PM EDT
[#36]

Waat? You cannot handle truth Russia is Glorious Peoples Republic spreading freedom??? Learn please; History!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 7255:

Man, between the join date, the underscore, or the horrid English, I don't know which clue to disregard you by first

Waat? You cannot handle truth Russia is Glorious Peoples Republic spreading freedom??? Learn please; History!!

Once again,
¡Bravo!
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:48:35 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

Putin said the talks are useless, so I doubt he cares?
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:48:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:49:28 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

I don't think so, someone in Russian gov. made the statement that Russia should give weapons to those areas once they're recognized.(can't find this yet)

The leader of the russian commie party also stated that once that happens, Russia should send in the military.

Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:51:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By BoostKING:

Putin addressing Russia now.
View Quote

He is giving a history lesson on Lenin and Stalin.  Reminds of Al Gore's speeches...  I hope he doesn't talk for 5 hours on his warped views on revisionist history...
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:52:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Wreckshooter:

Wow, just wow man. The deep is strong with you.
View Quote
The name Blue Devil should be a clew.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:53:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By mnd6563:

He is giving a history lesson on Lenin and Stalin.  Reminds of Al Gore's speeches...  I hope he doesn't talk for 5 hours on his warped views on revisionist history...
View Quote

And now we know the true reason he waited for olympics, he didn't want any cutaways 3 hours into the speech. He's sitting down so it could be a long one.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:53:53 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

Interdasting 🤔.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:54:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:54:50 PM EDT
[#45]

The gray area is what I’m hearing will be recognized. So there’s a lot of Ukrainian territory that is not separatist held. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/518633/5313EF9F-6240-4C80-A557-5836DFED62C0-2287845.jpg
View Quote
Just wait for China to mark Taiwan as a gray area...
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:55:35 PM EDT
[#46]
And if Ukraine sits by and watches this happen, Russia will be back for more, just like with Crimea.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:55:37 PM EDT
[#47]
If Russia declares all of Donbas as independent, then that gives him the Casus Beli to invade the Ukrainian-held regions of Donbas. Is that the way this would seem to go? Ukraine controls roughly 50% of the region still. That gives Putin the excuse he needs, and then he can throw in overthrow of the government to become more Russian-friendly as the ultimate objective.

Guess we will find out in a few hours hunh?
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:55:52 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

Makes sense why they would surround the country. The Ukraine cant focus everything on that location.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:57:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By mnd6563:
So the invasion has officially begun...  Putin officially calls the separatist regions as independent.  Russian troops will move in as peacekeepers.  Ukrainian fake attacks and bombings will increase conveniently filmed by Russian TV.  Russia will invade the rest of Ukraine to capture the terrorist Ukrainian government and enact regime change.
View Quote

xi furiously taking notes.

Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:57:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By ar15joe:

Expensive? How?
Do you think Communist Russia pays soldiers MORE for some reason? LOL
willing to stand corrected but that does not seem likely the low ranking boot slogging troops would get bonus pay of any sort
View Quote

How much does it cost to move 50,000 troops and 100,000 tons of equipment from the Chinese border to the Ukraine border? Or sailing a fleet from the Arctic sea, around Europe, through the Med and into the Black Sea?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5588
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top