Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5589
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 10/27/2021 8:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer]
It says it's been moved, but the link just takes me to the Community page. What gives?

This is now the active "shit (might be) is definitely happening in Ukraine" thread.

News links, thanks to BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
LINKS TO UKRAINIAN NEWS SOURCES IN ENGLISH

Kyiv Post

Ukrainian News

UKRInform

EUROMAIDEN PRESS

New Voice of Ukraine

Kyiv Independent

Ukraine World

InterFax Ukraine

UATV

Ukrainian Journal

Official Website of the President of Ukraine

Ukrainian Ministry of Defense

Save these links. I can't post all the headlines like I've done in the past - too much news and too often.
View Quote

Please @ me with additional stuff to be added here. I don't currently have time to properly curate this thread otherwise.

New news link c/o berettaguy:

Ukrainian Pravda
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/

Stop fake, anti - disinformation site:
https://www.stopfake.org/en/main/
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:08:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TheLurker:

I've got my fingers crossed for your entry! I think you might just do it this time.
View Quote

He still has yet to top his "Ok but I have a video on Twitter of a McDonalds, it's clear no one in Ukraine wants to fight" take in this thread.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:09:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Ayada:

He still has yet to top his "Ok but I have a video on Twitter of a McDonalds, it's clear no one in Ukraine wants to fight" take in this thread.
View Quote

Damn. I forgot about that one.

Is he limited to only one entry?
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:09:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#3]
Originally Posted By woozman:

Neglect would imply accidental. This was clearly no accident it’s not like a chunk of the dam broke off… the whole damn dam is gone
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By woozman:
Originally Posted By RockNwood:
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:
I just don't see any upside for the Ukrainians here, and it fits with Russia's MO of throwing hissy fits when things don't go well for them on the battlefield. Yeah, it'll fuck with Crimea's water supply long term, but I think that the Russians have likely come to the conclusion that denying the Ukrainians that territory in the short term is worth it.

I suppose that it could be the Ukrainians, because this will supposedly flood the Russian controlled left bank more and will probably destroy their defensive positions there. Still, my gut instinct tells me that this was Russia. I could be wrong, but that's my position until further evidence emerges.

Although it generally helps Ukraine, I am thinking more it was Russian neglect.

Neglect would imply accidental. This was clearly no accident it’s not like a chunk of the dam broke off… the whole damn dam is gone

Then it would be an inside charge. The Allies tried taking out out dams in WWII with artillery and bombs. After many attempts, no dice. Finally had to develop special bombing technique and bombs to accomplish it. The dam did not go down from a one time artillery bombardment.

Doing so is a well known international war crime. Ukraine would absolutely not do that. Russia does that daily.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:11:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:

It has a huge military and morale benefit to Ukraine. Crimea is ethnically Russian, they voted 48/52 in the 1991 USSR breakup. History does mean things, you know? The lowest independent voting district in Ukraine versus the others, other districts were 80%+ in their votes.

It's obvious who benefits in the destruction of this dam.
View Quote

None of what you said is a military benefit. It has no military benefit to Ukraine and huge military benefit to Russia.

Blowing the dam also seriously degrades Ukraine's electrical generation capacity and floods many of their towns and cities, none of which boosts morale.

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:11:09 AM EDT
[#5]

What's the military and morale benefit to Ukraine?

As a reminder, they claim to have plans for a counter offensive which would include crossing the now flooded area. Making that purposefully harder on themselves doesn't really seem to be a good idea.
View Quote

Ukraine is inflicting issues and hardship on the population of Crimea, which has been in Russian control, since 2014. This population is historically and ethnically Russian.

It's a simple explanation. Very similar to the Nord Stream boom boom.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:11:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

Uh, yeah it's pretty fucking cool!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4_XcnxQxVs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfObcMWpub4

ETA: Beat.

But I've got a second clip!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
Originally Posted By ERNURSE:
Well in the 80's we did have this abomination.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/79428/M202A1_png-2841551.JPG

The M202 Flash>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Looks pretty cool to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkFU7o3IAaM

Uh, yeah it's pretty fucking cool!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4_XcnxQxVs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfObcMWpub4

ETA: Beat.

But I've got a second clip!

Replacing the M4?
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:15:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#7]
Originally Posted By m24shooter:

This pic is what makes it look like the damn was overtopped rather blown out.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m24shooter:

This pic is what makes it look like the damn was overtopped rather blown out.

Yep water is very high and initial breach was not that big. But once a section is weakened the moving water starts eroding shit everywhere and anything floating downstream becomes a battering ram.

Could have been purposefully allowed to get high to maximize destruction when breached. Or the high water does what excessive loads and erosion do to structures.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:19:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

Dude, are you serious?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stone-age:

Yes.
The Russian side floods worse.
The Russian side runs out of water, including Crimea.
The Russian controlled NPP melts down. Likely supplying power to most of Donbas or at least Donetsk.

Dude, are you serious?

Yes unless Russia scrambles to rig up alternate source of cooling water. Chance of that happening? Even shut down it needs cooling. Fukushima started melting down when the cooling pools of spent rods got drained.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:20:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Russia keeps changing its' story about the dam. Totally not making it up as they go along

So which of the reported orc reasons for dam failure was it? Read the attached and sit back for a good old WTF Russia moment.

The Kakhovka hydroelectric power station (HPP) in the Kherson region was damaged as a result of shelling by the Armed Forces of Ukraine (AFU), the upper part was destroyed. This was announced by the mayor of Novaya Kakhovka Vladimir Leontiev , his words are quoted by RIA Novosti .

The head of the city said that the dam was not destroyed and called it "great happiness."

Earlier on June 6, the Russian Spring Military Correspondents reported that the Armed Forces of Ukraine (APU) had attacked the Kakhovka hydroelectric power station (HPP). According to them, the water level downstream of the Dnieper began to rise.

After that, Leontiev denied the information about the undermining of the Kakhovka hydroelectric power station by Ukrainian troops. According to him, the data about the attack of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on the hydroelectric power station were "nonsense." The politician noted that everywhere "in the city everything is quiet and calm."

Kakhovskaya hydroelectric power station collapsed due to damage to the support
A TASS source in the authorities reported that the dam of the Kakhovskaya hydroelectric power station was destroyed due to damage to the support, the dam could not stand it, after which the territories were flooded.

The interlocutor noted that it was quiet at night, there were no arrivals. The agency clarified that it does not have official confirmation of information from the authorities and law enforcement agencies.

The mayor of Nova Kakhovka called the destruction of the valves of the Kakhovka hydroelectric power station the most serious terrorist attack
Vladimir Leontiev called the destruction of valves at the Kakhovskaya hydroelectric power station, which led to the release of water, the most serious act of terrorism.

The head of Nova Kakhovka also said that there was no need for the evacuation of the local population due to the release of water.

Kakhovka HPP is the sixth (lower and last) stage of the cascade of Dnieper hydroelectric power plants, located five kilometers from the city of Novaya Kakhovka, Kherson region. Its destruction could lead to the death of thousands of people.

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:21:06 AM EDT
[#10]

Ukraine is inflicting issues and hardship on the population of Crimea, which has been in Russian control, since 2014. This population is historically and ethnically Russian.

View All Quotes

What's the military and morale benefit to Ukraine?

As a reminder, they claim to have plans for a counter offensive which would include crossing the now flooded area. Making that purposefully harder on themselves doesn't really seem to be a good idea.

Historically you say? Hmmm, how do you suppose Russians were moved into what was the Tatars and the people that originally lived there just....disappeared?
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:22:17 AM EDT
[#11]
lets stop interacting with the troll who thinks Ukraine is equipping Mexican cartels and that there are to many men inside MacDonalds in Kyiv,, just maybe he will get bored and stop shitting in this thread.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:23:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
lets stop interacting with the troll who thinks Ukraine is equipping Mexican cartels and that there are to many men inside MacDonalds in Kyiv,, just maybe he will get bored and stop shitting in this thread.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

I'm done responding period.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:24:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PolarBear416] [#13]

View Quote

Blowing up the dam inflicts more harm on Ukraine's mainland than on people in Crimea. It's going to destroy a lot of homes along the Dnipro and limit electricity generation.

Not to mention making it harder to cross the Dnipro for a few weeks - who benefits from that?
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:25:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Veccio:
Historically you say? Hmmm, how do you suppose Russians were moved into what was the Tatars and the people that originally lived there just....disappeared?
View Quote

Yes, at least for the last 79 years. The entire Tartar population was exiled from Crimea in 1944 under Stalin.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:29:48 AM EDT
[#15]

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:29:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By MNGearhead:

Ok,  OK. I'm going to call it, The spring counter offensive is on.

This thread has gone more than 12 pages in 24 hours,
The commies are throwing more bull shits than a manure spreader.
And the useful idiots got their talking points.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/299228/352b3k_jpg-2841780.JPG
View Quote

All gauges are a GO!!
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:33:45 AM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

Why is the “Russian population” in occupied Crimea facing hardship? Something to do with an illegal annexation and invasion?

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:33:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By PolarBear416:

Blowing up the dam inflicts more harm on Ukraine's mainland than on people in Crimea. It's going to destroy a lot of homes along the Dnipro and limit electricity generation.

Not to mention making it harder to cross the Dnipro for a few weeks - who benefits from that?
View Quote

That's not true. The dam provides a lot of water for the Crimean peninsula for drinking and agriculture. The Zaporizhzhia power plant, which benefits from the water from the dam for cooling purposes, has been under Russian control since 2022.

The war condition downsides of the dam being blown up are mostly Russian, just like the Nordstrom pipeline boom boom.

It makes you wonder who lit the fuse.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:36:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

Why is the “Russian population” in occupied Crimea facing hardship? Something to do with an illegal annexation and invasion?

View Quote

That could be it depending on which international law at the time you apply. History and geopolitics is an ever evolving thing.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:36:48 AM EDT
[#20]

Russian terrorists. The destruction of the Kakhovka hydroelectric power plant dam only confirms for the whole world that they must be expelled from every corner of Ukrainian land. Not a single meter should be left to them, because they use every meter for terror. It’s only Ukraine's victory that will return security. And this victory will come. The terrorists will not be able to stop Ukraine with water, missiles or anything else.

All services are working. I have convened the National Security and Defense Council. Please spread official and verified information only.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:40:02 AM EDT
[#21]

That's not true. The dam provides a lot of water for the Crimean peninsula for drinking and agriculture. The Zaporizhzhia power plant, which benefits from the water from the dam for cooling purposes, has been under Russian control since 2022.

The war condition downsides of the dam being blown up are mostly Russian, just like the Nordstrom pipeline boom boom.

View Quote

That water is only needed for agriculture and industry. Well water and rain water are sufficient for drinking water in Crimea. It certainly has zero impact on the Russian military in Crimea.

You don't make any sense and you just willfully ignore the only current immediate military impact which is to make it harder to cross the river

You are trying very very hard to make excuses for Russia but it's just nonsensical garbage.

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:42:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:46:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Zam18th] [#23]
More videos

The State Emergency Service of Ukraine has announced that 11 out of the 28 Spans on the Kakhovka Hydroelectric Power Plant alongside the Turbine and Generator Building in the City of Nova Kakhovka were Destroyed earlier today with at least 80 Settlements which are Downstream from the Dam now beginning to Flood with "Critical Levels" expected in the next 4-5 hours.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:47:30 AM EDT
[#24]

That water is only needed for agriculture and industry. Well water and rain water are sufficient for drinking water in Crimea. It certainly has zero impact on the Russian military in Crimea.

You don't make any sense and you just willfully ignore the only current immediate military impact which is to make it harder to cross the river

You are trying very very hard to make excuses for Russia but it's just nonsensical garbage.

View Quote

Agricultural and industry for which side bears the downside and impact, if your comment is accurate? There are downstream civilian water sources too.

Do you honestly believe that there was some amphibious attack across the Dinipro river planned or something by UA forces? Prior to this boom boom, where was that reported?
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:54:02 AM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

Like stopping a Ukrainian counter offensive they are Ill able to fend off
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:56:37 AM EDT
[#26]

Agricultural and industry for which side bears the downside and impact, if your comment is accurate? There are downstream civilian water sources too.

Do you honestly believe that there was some amphibious attack across the Dinipro river planned or something by UA forces? Prior to this boom boom, where was that reported?
View All Quotes

Right, because Ukraine is going to share their attack plans to the public…
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:57:16 AM EDT
[#27]

That could be it depending on which international law at the time you apply. History and geopolitics is an ever evolving thing.
View Quote

Like the Budapest memorandum?

It was fairly clear.

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:57:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Yeah why does Ukraine need long range weapons? They should make do within their borders. Otherwise things could escalate.
~ according many retards

Show me where Russia has NOT escalated when possible?  Nukes are a red herring that opens cans of whoopass and he knows it. So those aren’t even in the realm of escalation response. Otherwise Putin has done everything including persistent war crimes to kill civilian Ukrainians.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 2:02:51 AM EDT
[#29]

https://kyivindependent.com/southern-operational-command-reports/
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 2:07:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Yeah why does Ukraine need long range weapons? They should make do within their borders. Otherwise things could escalate.
~ according many retards

Show me where Russia has NOT escalated when possible?  Nukes are a red herring that opens cans of whoopass and he knows it. So those aren’t even in the realm of escalation response. Otherwise Putin has done everything including persistent war crimes to kill civilian Ukrainians.
View Quote

Yeah, this should be a justification for allowing Western weapons to be used on Russian soil. Every second they spend in Ukraine is a second too long, because they're able to do things like this, like Bucha, like the deportations of Ukrainian children, like the filtration camps, etc. It's one of the reasons why I'm not a fan of the whole "boiling the frog" idea with regards to Western weapons. Even if we accept the idea that we're "boiling the frog" as a deliberate effort to degrade Russia, it still enables the Russians to stay longer and continue to pull bullshit like this.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 2:10:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

Like the Budapest memorandum?

It was fairly clear.

View Quote

Was it clear? Joe Biden's SOS's father was the signor of that agreement. The Russians have been violating every agreement since Gorbachev met Reagan in Iceland in 1986

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 2:13:42 AM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 2:18:25 AM EDT
[#33]

Was it clear? Joe Biden's SOS's father was the signor of that agreement. The Russians have been violating every agreement since Gorbachev met Reagan in Iceland in 1986

View Quote

Very clear. They signed it.

And violated it.

Just like they are doing again today
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 2:19:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Zam18th] [#34]

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 2:25:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Attachment Attached File

More added to my list of Russian trolls.

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 2:30:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Zam18th] [#36]
Thanks! Don't feed them!

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 2:35:38 AM EDT
[#37]
The kerch definitely needs to get finished over this.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 2:47:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Jozsi:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/313126/20230606_082254_jpg-2841814.JPG

More added to my list of Russian trolls.

View Quote

A literal screenshot. Haha
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 2:51:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#39]
Any politician from any country who after seeing this dam destruction ever again mentions the words Escalation, Negotiations, or Red line should be tarred and feathered and rode out of town on a fence rail. Such mealy mouth words are now ludicrous. Stop it.

Not that this is the worse war crime. But it is the most brazen fuck you what are you gonna do about terrorist act done in plain view for the world.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 2:51:27 AM EDT
[#40]
I was asked today at the Hungarian territorial reserve base why I hate Russia and Russians so much and I had to give everyone in my unit a history of what they did to Hungary multiple times.

My fathers country....I love this country so much.....but god fucken damn it do some people love slurping orckish cock because of the media love.

I will NEVER NEVER EVER

FORGIVE THEM FOR what they did to my great grandfather and grandfather after 1956.

The lots of you got to know your grandparents...... I never knew them and I really wish I did..... but they did horribly thanks to the KGB and AVO.

NAKED, clinging to each other FROZEN solid together....

fuck that whole country...fuck their whole people....and may god ground them to powder like Germany and Japan and they are back to wearing pig loins and caves wearing nothing else....waltzing around barefoot looking for vodka an borscht.

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 2:57:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Well said

Russians know that their defeat in Ukraine is inevitable. The destruction of the Nova Kakhovka hydroelectric dam is not only an act of desperation but especially an act of terror and petty vengeance. The military component is negligible and actually even by rules of engagement a clear war crime despite the fact Ukrainian forces made some decent progress downstream, because it primarily and indiscriminately hits civilians. But this was also the point.

This act of terror targets the civilian population in Kherson. Since day one the good citizens of the whole Kherson Oblast defied the occupation. We all saw the pictures of Kherson city during the occupation, but it happened everywhere where Russians arrived. Russians have never been welcome. Ask any Russian soldier who was there and in a quiet moment he will spill the beans. There were no flowers, but pure hate, and later even bombs, until the defeated Russian army was forced to flee in shame.

It is no different in the still occupied territories south and east of the Dnipro river. The citizens in those areas are yearning for their liberation by the Ukrainian army, which is only a matter of time. Russians are furious that their lies told by the regime in Moscow are nothing but fairy tales. The Russians, or known as "Moscovians" are hated in Ukraine and for this the dam was blown up. It is a collective punishment for not yielding.

Those Russian Nero-orders do not come by surprise. They are acts of a dying regime and a defeated army. They are telling us that this war is about to end. The last chapter of this tragedy, which Russia has started in 2014, has been opened. The end of the war and Russkiy Mir begins.

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:15:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Holy shit.  I was visiting friends in Houston and haven't been keeping up.  Thread jumped 9 pages since I checked it last. Must be something big going down. 9 pages to read...
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:21:27 AM EDT
[#43]

It has a huge military and morale benefit to Ukraine. Crimea is ethnically Russian, they voted 48/52 in the 1991 USSR breakup. History does mean things, you know? The lowest independent voting district in Ukraine versus the others, other districts were 80%+ in their votes.

It's obvious who benefits in the destruction of this dam.
View Quote

Crimea voted to leave the USSR.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:23:25 AM EDT
[#44]

Yes, at least for the last 79 years. The entire Tartar population was exiled from Crimea in 1944 under Stalin.
View Quote

Fewer than half were deported. Russia is shot at getting it done and always has been.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:00:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Zam18th] [#45]

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:29:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#46]
Just desserts.

It seems they underestimated the scale of the disaster they caused. Their fortifications are underwater. And I wonder just how much, in terms of supplies, arms, and heavy guns, they have lost.

He’s dead, Jim.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:34:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Fltot:
If the dam is gone, I believe that soon the nuclear plant will follow because it uses its waters to cool down the reactors. If that’s the case, hello Chernobyl 2.0!

I just checked the NASA satellite and it shows a lot of fires today approximately 15 miles east of Dnipro, deep behind the Russian lines.
https://i.postimg.cc/j5J7rMD1/IMG-0980.jpg
There were some rumors today from Russian channels that the Ukrainians were gaining foot on the Russian side of the river, maybe they were really successful and the Russians blew the dam to flood the area - from what I’ve heard the left side is low and prone to flooding.
We have to wait to see if it’s true.
View Quote

I think the nuclear plant uses the river for power operation, but has a separate pond as its source of safety-related cooling water.  I could be wrong on this, though.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:38:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By aswrg7:

I think the nuclear plant uses the river for power operation, but has a separate pond as its source of safety-related cooling water.  I could be wrong on this, though.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By aswrg7:
Originally Posted By Fltot:
If the dam is gone, I believe that soon the nuclear plant will follow because it uses its waters to cool down the reactors. If that’s the case, hello Chernobyl 2.0!

I just checked the NASA satellite and it shows a lot of fires today approximately 15 miles east of Dnipro, deep behind the Russian lines.
https://i.postimg.cc/j5J7rMD1/IMG-0980.jpg
There were some rumors today from Russian channels that the Ukrainians were gaining foot on the Russian side of the river, maybe they were really successful and the Russians blew the dam to flood the area - from what I’ve heard the left side is low and prone to flooding.
We have to wait to see if it’s true.

At the very minimum it eliminates a major safety net. Russia was threatening to turn off electrical power to it a week or two ago. It is right now more fragile than it has been the entire war. It won’t take but one more Russian fuck up to start the glow party.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:41:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#49]

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:46:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#50]
Video embedded
https://twitter.com/noelreports/status/1666003049695834114
Bilhorod thread. All events regarding the ongoing incursion in the region will be posted in here.

The Freedom of Russia Legion has published a video confirming the liquidation of the Russian Airborne Forces Colonel Andrey Stesev.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5589
Top Top