Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5585
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 10/27/2021 8:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer]
It says it's been moved, but the link just takes me to the Community page. What gives?

This is now the active "shit (might be) is definitely happening in Ukraine" thread.

News links, thanks to BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
LINKS TO UKRAINIAN NEWS SOURCES IN ENGLISH

Kyiv Post

Ukrainian News

UKRInform

EUROMAIDEN PRESS

New Voice of Ukraine

Kyiv Independent

Ukraine World

InterFax Ukraine

UATV

Ukrainian Journal

Official Website of the President of Ukraine

Ukrainian Ministry of Defense

Save these links. I can't post all the headlines like I've done in the past - too much news and too often.
View Quote

Please @ me with additional stuff to be added here. I don't currently have time to properly curate this thread otherwise.

New news link c/o berettaguy:

Ukrainian Pravda
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/

Stop fake, anti - disinformation site:
https://www.stopfake.org/en/main/
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 11:26:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Prime:

View Quote

He will likely live but that looks horrible
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 11:32:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
We have seen some footage where the Russian air defenses were knocked out to the point Ukrainian Su-24's were making paradrag bomb runs on Russian armor.  I sort of wonder if Ukraine has any fuel air explosive dumb bombs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmRASCHJe2Q
View Quote

What's amazing to me is that those Su-24s are 50+ years old, and the Ukrainians have them fixed up, flying and fighting...
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 11:34:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Longer version of UA SOF assault from early on, includes POV footage of insertion and initiation.
https://t.me/CombatFootageBackup/40448
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 11:37:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 11:42:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Stevo89:
Trolling or just tarded?

View Quote

Bwahahaha..Garand Thumb and Post
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 11:43:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Someone needs to start splashing some Bears.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 11:46:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By uxb:
View Quote
Absolutely
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 11:56:38 AM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

No frigging doubt... It's way passed time to keep allowing this shit.. take out the Bears
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 12:02:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Occupied Mariupol Driven to despair, people no longer hold back and express everything they think about the "humanitarian aid" of the rashists who cannot establish basic supplies in the city and thrust flour and pasta on people, which have nothing to bake and cook.
https://t.me/uniannet/81250

Barretts
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 12:05:56 PM EDT
[#10]
just spitballing here

"napalm drones"

even the size of fused basketballs it could possibly amplify the psychological effects on mobliks and provide Ukrainians with the aroma of victory

Even I can think of a dozen reasons why napalm won't work, but creative minds often produce viable ideas

Link Posted: 11/23/2022 12:07:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By gentlemanfarmer:

Yeah this stuff had tungsten cores, needed a police letter all that, they said  nope.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gentlemanfarmer:
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

The secret ingredient is crime.

Yeah this stuff had tungsten cores, needed a police letter all that, they said  nope.

The secret is ingredient isn’t crime per se.  
it’s grease.   You didn’t  grease the skids enough, or at all most likely.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 12:20:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#12]
View Quote

Most certainly.

1. I would be building up at least 100 of those new kamikaze drones that have 1,000km range.
2. Send them at very low altitude at night along multiple waypoints to avoid known Russian SAM sites and make sure 33 drones arrive at the same time at the 3 Russian airbases that they use for these air launched cruise missile attacks.

3. Hit every known working bomber, if there are extra drones, hit high value targets like the A-50 AWACS parked at some of the same airbases, don't forget to hit any ammunition dumps like the cruise missiles for the aircraft.  Any additional targets would be the pilots barracks.

4. Profit?
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 12:37:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 11/23/2022 12:44:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Absolutely
View Quote

loitering long-duration drones with manpads like Iglas or Stingers attached, deep inside the rodina near Tu-95 airbases

That'll fuck 'em where they're not even expecting AFU to be.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 12:59:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BerettaGuy] [#15]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

View Quote

@Jozsi

Comments please.

Remember when I bought up about Hitler promising SW Ukraine to Hungary when Hungary invaded Ukraine? (Around page 1168.) And I also mentioned how Hungary pumps money into the area of Ukraine with a higher Hungarian population to get Hungarians elected- those areas fly the Hungarian flag and many street signs are in Hungarian.

I assumed that Putin promised this area to Orbon if Russia defeated Ukraine in return for staying neutral, but I believe you disagreed with my conclusion.

Ethnic map of Zakarpattia Oblast in 2001
PINK-  Ukrainians (incl. Rusyns)
GREEN- Hungarians
YELLOW-   Romanians
BLUE-  mixed Ukrainians (incl. Rusyns) and Russians

Understand that I am NOT being confrontational with you, I am interested in your opinion now that this photo of Orbon was posted.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 1:03:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 1:05:09 PM EDT
[#17]
15min ago.

Link Posted: 11/23/2022 1:07:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#18]

Link Posted: 11/23/2022 1:08:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By CharlieR:

Napalm cannisters ( I had to look this up) is 750 pounds, 100 gallons of fuel.

Its a good idea if you don't have smart munitions, and have air superiority

You need something that lifts it, like a plane, flying flat, low, fast, to spread it around.

That's not really survivable.  This isnt Vietnam or Iwo Jima.

The best warhead I could devise would be like a bouncing betty, going straight down. A lightweight plastic case and explosive blowing some media like ball bearings out sideways.  

Most of the time using explosives to blow pieces of metal has a longer lethal radius then flaming fuel.  

I think the optimum warhead would be a little heavier then what they are using, like a couple of pounds, but they're doing it about right. Weight needs power and power makes noise. Noise increases altitude and that decreases accuracy.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CharlieR:
Originally Posted By doc540:
Why no napalm use?

have to be new, creative delivery systems somewhere

orcs congregated in holes/trenches/bunkers need to keep warm, right?

Napalm cannisters ( I had to look this up) is 750 pounds, 100 gallons of fuel.

Its a good idea if you don't have smart munitions, and have air superiority

You need something that lifts it, like a plane, flying flat, low, fast, to spread it around.

That's not really survivable.  This isnt Vietnam or Iwo Jima.

The best warhead I could devise would be like a bouncing betty, going straight down. A lightweight plastic case and explosive blowing some media like ball bearings out sideways.  

Most of the time using explosives to blow pieces of metal has a longer lethal radius then flaming fuel.  

I think the optimum warhead would be a little heavier then what they are using, like a couple of pounds, but they're doing it about right. Weight needs power and power makes noise. Noise increases altitude and that decreases accuracy.

These 6lb guided Hatchet munitions they are working on is about that - lightweight warhead full of BB's for optimal frag pattern. Alas still a prototype.

Link Posted: 11/23/2022 1:08:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Guys, I have a HIMARS question for anyone in the know:

I know from reading various sources that the UAF has about 12-14 of these systems.  My question is, does the UAF have sufficient ammunition to continually reload these HIMARS systems?

CMOS
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 1:12:19 PM EDT
[#21]

@Jozsi

Comments please.

Remember when I bought up about Hitler promising SW Ukraine to Hungary when Hungary invaded Ukraine? (Around page 1168.) And I also mentioned how Hungary pumps money into the area of Ukraine with a higher Hungarian population- those areas fly the Hungarian flag and many street signs are in Hungarian. I assumed that Putin promised this area to Orbon if Russia defeated Ukraine in return for staying neutral.
View Quote

There are many arbitrary borders in Europe post WW2. Europeans don't forget.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 1:13:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By CMOS:

I know from reading various sources that the UAF has about 12-14 of these systems.  My question is, does the UAF have sufficient ammunition to continually reload these HIMARS systems?
View Quote

They have 16+ HIMARS, and about the same number of M270A1-A2/MARSII units, which can load 2x pods instead of the single pod HIMARS carries. Pod munitions numbers have not been individually disclosed.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 1:14:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By SBR300BLK:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SBR300BLK:

@Jozsi

Comments please.

Remember when I bought up about Hitler promising SW Ukraine to Hungary when Hungary invaded Ukraine? (Around page 1168.) And I also mentioned how Hungary pumps money into the area of Ukraine with a higher Hungarian population- those areas fly the Hungarian flag and many street signs are in Hungarian. I assumed that Putin promised this area to Orbon if Russia defeated Ukraine in return for staying neutral.

My Ukrainian family lived in the area where Hungary invaded. I dont forget.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 1:14:19 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

1- If Poland wanted Kaliningrad it would be Polish in about 5 hours and there's fuck all short of NBC the Russians could do about it.  
2- Not sure if the talk of using "Phosphorus" has become the new "thermobaric" and is supposed to be viewed as some shocking deviation from the norm.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 1:19:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By CMOS:

CMOS
View Quote

It is supplied monthly, and according to the U.S. they said they were not having trouble keeping Ukraine supplied at the rates they are using it.

Recent article.
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/watch-live-pentagon-holds-news-briefing-as-russia-continues-its-barrage-on-ukraines-energy-grid

Link Posted: 11/23/2022 1:29:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Prime:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FiMdvn6WYAAmtK3?format=jpg&name=large

Video of someone being dug out of rubble from last night.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/528B0186-5ABF-4511-90E8-1C39F4B0900A-2610894.jpg
View Quote

Dang. I assume it had the fuse installed. Just a little more penetration and it would have gone off. Very lucky.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 1:34:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Trolling or just tarded?

View Quote

There is a prison society (gangsters) in Russia known as "thieves in law". They have a tattoo hierarchy and refuse to cooperate with any government agency. I would doubt this man is a member. They are anarchists and refuse to work for anyone.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 1:44:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Charging_Handle] [#28]
Originally Posted By Circuits:

What's amazing to me is that those Su-24s are 50+ years old, and the Ukrainians have them fixed up, flying and fighting...
View Quote

As successful as the Ukrainians are operating these old Su-24 Fencers, I'd love to see what they could do with some Tornadoes. The UK has now retired the last of their GR4 Tornadoes. It would be awesome if they donated a batch of these to Ukraine. They were designed to fly the way the Ukrainians are currently operating their Su-24 fleet --- at very low levels. But unlike the Su-24, the Tornado GR4 has a much better selection of munitions it can carry. Just a squadron worth of Tornadoes that can carry Storm Shadow cruise missiles, Brimstone missiles and other modern weapons would allow Ukraine to tear Russia a new asshole. This would be the perfect strike aircraft to replace their Fencers and Frogfoots.

Link Posted: 11/23/2022 1:46:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:

This is what an international legion guy on Reddit said about them:

"The Switchblade 300s are very useful, but you have to know when and where to employ them. The warhead is quite small, but the entire system is easily man-portable. It's not going to do anything against a vehicle, but against infantry in a trench it can be quite effective.

The Switchblade 300's biggest strength is its range: 10km iirc. There's really no other system you can carry as an infantryman that can hit small targets that far away. When trench lines are 2-3km apart across completely open fields, this capability suddenly becomes very useful.

Say, for example, there's an enemy ATGM emplacement 3KM away. That's out of range of Javelins, sniper rifles, most DJI drones, the Carl Gustaf...pretty much everything. But the Switchblade 300 can take out the crew easily; that's well within its range.

It's not flashy, but it is still extremely useful in this type of warfare."
View Quote

Point in fact the Javelin missiles are claimed to have a range of 2500m with the first generation CLU but Ukraine claims no loss of effectiveness to 3750m. The same missiles with the new CLU are claimed to have a 4000m range and from a vehicle, a 4750m range.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 1:47:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:

There is a prison society (gangsters) in Russia known as "thieves in law". They have a tattoo hierarchy and refuse to cooperate with any government agency. I would doubt this man is a member. They are anarchists and refuse to work for anyone.
View All Quotes
Trolling or just tarded?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 1:49:09 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes
Trolling or just tarded?

That guy is rapper Post Malone

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/23/2022 1:50:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:

As successful as the Ukrainians are operating these old Su-24 Fencers, I'd love to see what they could do with some Tornadoes. The UK has now retired the last of their GR4 Tornadoes. It would be awesome if they donated a batch of these to Ukraine. They were designed to fly the way the Ukrainians are currently operating their Su-24 fleet --- at very low levels. But unlike the Su-24, the Tornado GR4 has a much better selection of munitions it can carry. Just a squadron worth of Tornadoes that can carry Storm Shadow cruise missiles, Brimstone missiles and other modern weapons would allow Ukraine to tear Russia a new asshole. This would be the perfect strike aircraft to replace their Fencers and Frogfoots.

https://d1a2ot8agkqe8w.cloudfront.net/web/2016/06/storm-shadow-on-tornado-at-akrotiri-crown-copyri_67512.jpg
View Quote

I find the CRV7 rocket that these use very exciting.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 1:53:16 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

This seems to be another strategy out of the Surovikin playbook. The 'Butcher of Syria' targetted medical facilities as another attempt to destroy civilian morale.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 1:53:47 PM EDT
[#34]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FiQtXtRXkAE4D2S?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

View Quote

Destroyed S-300s have been a bit rare as of late. Ukraine used to take some out every day. I'm guessing that this is the last war that they will be used in any appreciable amount.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 1:56:09 PM EDT
[#35]

@Jozsi

Comments please.

Remember when I bought up about Hitler promising SW Ukraine to Hungary when Hungary invaded Ukraine? (Around page 1168.) And I also mentioned how Hungary pumps money into the area of Ukraine with a higher Hungarian population- those areas fly the Hungarian flag and many street signs are in Hungarian.

I assumed that Putin promised this area to Orbon if Russia defeated Ukraine in return for staying neutral, but I believe you disagreed with my conclusion.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/13/Etnos0.gif/250px-Etnos0.gif
GREEN- Hungarians
YELLOW-   Romanians

https://i.ibb.co/4Z98gkR/20221123-122343.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/yq5wNcW/20221123-122403.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/GkbDnx0/20221123-122429.jpg

Understand that I am NOT being confrontational with you, I am interested in your opinion now that this photo of Orbon was posted.
View Quote

I cannot speak for Jozsi but I think it is possible there was some deal between Putin and Orban. I'd hate to believe it since I support Orban and think his domestic policies are good for Hungary. But there does seem to be some personal animus between Orban and Zelensky and conversely some friendly gestures towards Putin.

As an ethnic Hungarian, I'd much rather see closer ties and friendly relations with neighbors who now hold ex-territories.  Hungary is 1/4 of it's Greater Hungary size because of stupid military adventurism in WWI and II and I'd hate to see Hungary on the wrong side of another war.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 2:08:30 PM EDT
[#36]
I hate rap, so wouldn't know anyone involved in it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 2:09:46 PM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes
Trolling or just tarded?

Dunno who the guy with the tats is, but the guy on the left is a US You-Tuber, Garand Thumb. Whoever posted that pic was trolling or really ignorant.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 2:13:29 PM EDT
[#38]
I know I'm just a stupid American - but I'll never understand the ethno-centric politics and attitudes of Europeans. Those same attitudes have led to centuries of blood letting and misery for those very same societies.  But hey - I'm just a stupid American  .

Link Posted: 11/23/2022 2:13:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

I cannot speak for Jozsi but I think it is possible there was some deal between Putin and Orban. I'd hate to believe it since I support Orban and think his domestic policies are good for Hungary. But there does seem to be some personal animus between Orban and Zelensky and conversely some friendly gestures towards Putin.

As an ethnic Hungarian, I'd much rather see closer ties and friendly relations with neighbors who now hold ex-territories.  Hungary is 1/4 of it's Greater Hungary size because of stupid military adventurism in WWI and II and I'd hate to see Hungary on the wrong side of another war.
View All Quotes

@Jozsi

Comments please.

Remember when I bought up about Hitler promising SW Ukraine to Hungary when Hungary invaded Ukraine? (Around page 1168.) And I also mentioned how Hungary pumps money into the area of Ukraine with a higher Hungarian population- those areas fly the Hungarian flag and many street signs are in Hungarian.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/13/Etnos0.gif/250px-Etnos0.gif
GREEN- Hungarians
YELLOW-   Romanians

Perun said in his video about Poland and the Ukraine War that Putin offered Poland Lviv and the territory around it for their cooperation…..and the Poles told him to pound sand.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 2:19:22 PM EDT
[#40]

Most certainly.

1. I would be building up at least 100 of those new kamikaze drones that have 1,000km range.
2. Send them at very low altitude at night along multiple waypoints to avoid known Russian SAM sites and make sure 33 drones arrive at the same time at the 3 Russian airbases that they use for these air launched cruise missile attacks.

3. Hit every known working bomber, if there are extra drones, hit high value targets like the A-50 AWACS parked at some of the same airbases, don't forget to hit any ammunition dumps like the cruise missiles for the aircraft.  Any additional targets would be the pilots barracks.

4. Profit?
View All Quotes

Most certainly.

4. Profit?

How do we know the UA haven't tried this on multiple times already?  They did try to hit a base on Putin's birthday, same day as the kerch bridge strike.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 2:21:25 PM EDT
[#41]

@Jozsi

Comments please.

GREEN- Hungarians
YELLOW-   Romanians

View Quote

Hungary was excessively punished after WW1.  No other country lost as much land.  The punishment for losing WW1 is still a factor, and still a sore point for Hungarians.  

Hungarians (from what I'm told) are treated poorly in Romania.  Organized crime in Hungary from Ukraine is also a big deal.  It's a giant complicated mess.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 2:23:52 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

You know that is Post Malone.....right?
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 2:25:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Post Malone is a real gun guy.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 2:28:36 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

@Jozsi

Comments please.

GREEN- Hungarians
YELLOW-   Romanians

Interesting perspective.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 2:29:47 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

I'm surprised SF hasn't infiltrated near an airfield and taken one down with an Igla.

Link Posted: 11/23/2022 2:44:07 PM EDT
[#46]

It is supplied monthly, and according to the U.S. they said they were not having trouble keeping Ukraine supplied at the rates they are using it.

Recent article.
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/watch-live-pentagon-holds-news-briefing-as-russia-continues-its-barrage-on-ukraines-energy-grid

View Quote

No specifics at all in that article.  I'd hate to have any of the UAF's HIMARS sitting with empty tubes.....

CMOS
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 2:46:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:

I'm surprised SF hasn't infiltrated near an airfield and taken one down with an Igla.

View Quote

If you could get somebody on the airfield it would be as simple as walking around and placing a charge on the wing of each bomber. Or if you can’t gain access due to ground security, sitting in the woods and launching a swarm of switchblades or quad copters with a small explosive. Now that would probably be a suicide mission unless you could somehow pre-program it and get miles and miles out of the area before it happened
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 2:55:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:

https://d1a2ot8agkqe8w.cloudfront.net/web/2016/06/storm-shadow-on-tornado-at-akrotiri-crown-copyri_67512.jpg
View Quote
US also has a ton of legacy Hornets since they are being retired for Super Hornets and 35's.  Those can still carry a bunch of very good weapons and sensor packages.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 2:58:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 2:59:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alex9661] [#50]
Originally Posted By _disconnector_:
I know I'm just a stupid American - but I'll never understand the ethno-centric politics and attitudes of Europeans. Those same attitudes have led to centuries of blood letting and misery for those very same societies.  But hey - I'm just a stupid American  .

View Quote

It's really quite simple. With high population density in an agrarian society, you need to minimize the number of people feeding off the land in your neighborhood to survive. For obvious reasons, you start by eliminating those who speak different language and prey in a different way. You kill one of theirs, they kill one of yours, now you're in a Hatfield and McCoy on steroids territory.

It may be difficult to understand for someone  whose ancestors stepped off the boat and immediately grabbed a piece of land the size of Rhode Island with nobody opposing them.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5585
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top