BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5589
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 10/27/2021 8:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer]
It says it's been moved, but the link just takes me to the Community page. What gives?

This is now the active "shit (might be) is definitely happening in Ukraine" thread.

News links, thanks to BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
LINKS TO UKRAINIAN NEWS SOURCES IN ENGLISH

Kyiv Post

Ukrainian News

UKRInform

EUROMAIDEN PRESS

New Voice of Ukraine

Kyiv Independent

Ukraine World

InterFax Ukraine

UATV

Ukrainian Journal

Official Website of the President of Ukraine

Ukrainian Ministry of Defense

Save these links. I can't post all the headlines like I've done in the past - too much news and too often.
View Quote

Please @ me with additional stuff to be added here. I don't currently have time to properly curate this thread otherwise.

New news link c/o berettaguy:

Ukrainian Pravda
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/

Stop fake, anti - disinformation site:
https://www.stopfake.org/en/main/
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:07:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Brok3n:

The ChiComms certainly benefit from this war i.e. weak Russian bear on their borders and less US/NATO resources that can be used against them in a Taiwan scenario.
View Quote
Russia and China are allies. Russia getting their military crippled prevents Russia from helping China in the case of a war over Taiwan.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:09:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ludder093] [#2]
the US has over 400 HIMAR launchers. How does giving up 16 make them "limited" They just announced they are setting up to double production.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:10:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By ludder093:
Russia and China are allies. Russia getting their military crippled prevents Russia from helping China in the case of a war over Taiwan.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

The ChiComms certainly benefit from this war i.e. weak Russian bear on their borders and less US/NATO resources that can be used against them in a Taiwan scenario.

They are allies of convenience or allies in front of cameras only, something proven by China's lack of help to Russia in this war. Regardless, Russia won't be helping China over Taiwan outside of anti-US political statements and IO propaganda.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:10:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:11:17 PM EDT
[#5]

They are allies of convenience or allies in front of cameras only, something proven by China's lack of help to Russia in this war. Regardless, Russia won't be helping China over Taiwan outside of anti-US political statements and IO propaganda.
View All Quotes

China has avoided actively aiding Russia because they are scared of sanctions.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:11:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By elcope:

The production rate from the manufacturer.
View All Quotes
the US has over 400 HIMAR launchers. How does giving up 16 make them "limited"

They recently announced they're preparing to double production to over 90 a year.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:12:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Et2ss:

15 to 16% of the NBA are wypipo. How many of them give a shit about Ukraine
View Quote

Well, the spot wasn't aimed at the players, it is aimed at the fans.  Demographic of the fans are different than the players.
Being that the NBA cared enough to actually MAKE the spot in the first place, I'm not following your logic, especially since it is a former NBA player FROM Kyiv making the spot.  

You've changed from "audience" to "players".
How many "players" from any of our professional teams give a shit?  And do you care what professional players think in the first place?
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:17:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Some Ukraine farmers aren't too far off from this picture.

Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:18:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By anono:

Futbol, then a far second, hockey, then a far third baseball are the most "diverse" sports. NBA and NFL don't even come close.
View Quote

Futbol is not the big 4 in the US (NBA, NHL, MLB, and NFL), but I will say that futbol is has a very diverse fan base AND player base.

But as far as the audience goes, out of the big 4, the NBA has the most diverse fan base.

There seems to be a disconnect between the perception and the reality of the NBA fan base (which circles back to the odd comment from the previous poster).   Be it genuine concern, or virtue signaling (of the big 4, the NBA leans to the left the most), the NBA is actually a good target.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:18:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

This was necessary to reveal the emperors lack of clothes.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By R0N:

USNI

Breaking Defense

CSiS

This was necessary to reveal the emperors lack of clothes.

Seems better to "stress test" everything now than in the middle of a hot war.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:18:49 PM EDT
[#11]
the US has over 400 HIMAR launchers. How does giving up 16 make them "limited" They just announced they are setting up to double production.
View All Quotes

HIMARS product was shut down for some time, and then both Army and the Marines decided to field more of them.  Some of the ones sent to Ukraine were supposed to go to standing-up US units.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:19:07 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

I'm sure the Koreans will be happy to scoop the market share away from Lockheed Martin.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:19:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:
I’ll come out and say I apologize for using the term “mongoloid” because after doing some research, I realized that is a racial term. My initial understanding of it was more line with barbarism and savagery. So my bad, apologies for anyone offended.
View Quote

No worries on my end.  But I am not easily offended by things like that.  I care much more about what a person means, than what words a person uses.

As you know Russia has a very different and very fucked up history, when compared to the rest of the western world.  It has had a profound effect on their culture and their political ideologies. The outcome has been that many in Russia have a mindset that is more comfortable with totalitarianism and its resulting, necessary lies and brutality.  But there are enough decent folks in Russia to produce change if they were able to have political power for long enough.  Again, I recommend Gary Kasparov's book "Winter is Coming".  

I hope for a few outcomes from this conflict;  Ukraine regains all its lost territories, Putin is publicly executed, Russia lays in the mud for a decade or two while more western style political traditions take root, and finally, that people everywhere understand communism and its putrid effects in the exact same way that people understand Nazism and its putrid effects.  

I hope that for decades to come, people will point at this conflict and say "Look at what happened to Ukraine. Do you finally see the evil that communism creates? Even when Russia tried to leave it behind, they couldn't overcome the inertia of moral corruption that communism and all totalitarian systems create."  A legacy like this could have a long lasting, positive effect on the world.

Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:21:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Thats some ugly, close range fighting going on. The randomly scattered dead bodies really added to the scene. What a meatgrinder!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Prime:

Thats some ugly, close range fighting going on. The randomly scattered dead bodies really added to the scene. What a meatgrinder!

That’s an excellent find.  It would be interesting to have some more context for the video.  Are we looking at successive Russian attempts to infiltrate small groups?  Or Is this the tail end of a large-scale infantry attack?  Probably the first, but there have been rumors of Russian “infantry wave” attacks here and there.
That scene is WWI-esque.  I counted at least ten dead bodies strewn around besides the 4-5 men in the “current” Russian attack.  Imagine attacking through that.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:21:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By m35ben:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/390973/IMG-20221021-WA0011-2571423.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:23:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By PraesidiumFabrica:
The sooner people come to terms with the fact that every person including themselves is capable of committing the evil around the world today and in history, the sooner people can begin equipping themselves to overcome it within both themselves and from others.
View Quote

This needs repeating. The absolute worst kind of evil comes from people who believe themselves perfect moral superiors to another and act according to that conception.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:25:53 PM EDT
[#17]
View All Quotes

Agree. Don’t want to get too far off topic, but the sanctions we (US and EU) placed on Russia have clearly made an impression on China.  

Even the last UN resolution vote shows that.  China abstained from voting with Russia as to resolving the “referendums” were a fraud, and annexation was illegitimate.

We frightened China by flexing and then hitting, with our economic muscle  - which is in our best interests vis a vis both Russia and China.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:26:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By thehun06:

Do you actually believe that Russia actually cares about Crimea…
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By thehun06:
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FfmMoNoXwAEJ8cF?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Do you actually believe that Russia actually cares about Crimea…

Not in the humanitarian sense.  But in the strategic sense its paramount.
If the naval base at Sevastopol can remain viable that’s good enough for them.  The rest of Crimea could be a moonscape for all they care.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:26:25 PM EDT
[#19]

I believe that the UA are among such rare cultures and the contrast between them and the Russians is stark.
View Quote

Right?!
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:27:24 PM EDT
[#20]
View All Quotes

Not to mention:  the US stands to make billions by manufacturing and licensing HIMARS for export for decades (not to mention munitions).
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:30:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dillydilly] [#21]
Originally Posted By Birddog15:

No worries on my end.  But I am not easily offended by things like that.  I care much more about what a person means, than what words a person uses.

As you know Russia has a very different and very fucked up history, when compared to the rest of the western world.  It has had a profound effect on their culture and their political ideologies. The outcome has been that many in Russia have a mindset that is more comfortable with totalitarianism and its resulting, necessary lies and brutality.  But there are enough decent folks in Russia to produce change if they were able to have political power for long enough.  Again, I recommend Gary Kasparov's book "Winter is Coming".  

I hope for a few outcomes from this conflict;  Ukraine regains all its lost territories, Putin is publicly executed, Russia lays in the mud for a decade or two while more western style political traditions take root, and finally, that people everywhere understand communism and its putrid effects in the exact same way that people understand Nazism and its putrid effects.  

I hope that for decades to come, people will point at this conflict and say "Look at what happened to Ukraine. Do you finally see the evil that communism creates? Even when Russia tried to leave it behind, they couldn't overcome the inertia of moral corruption that communism and all totalitarian systems create."  A legacy like this could have a long lasting, positive effect on the world.

View Quote

Well said @Birddog15 !
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:31:27 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

I’m curious what war we might fight where 750ish missile launchers aren’t enough but 765ish make the difference.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:33:50 PM EDT
[#23]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/390973/IMG-20221021-WA0011-2571423.jpg
View Quote

lol, we needed some humor here today.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:34:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Dominion21:
What it’s like to load and fire the T-72 maingun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdwOX3xhZYc

This video was posted pre-invasion.  Must have been “bring your wife to work day” or something.

Mobiks probably won’t fair much better.
View Quote

What an asshole.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:36:10 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote
I have a niece that recreated this video with her father

Dad tells kid to get out of a tank, kid refuses said:"I'm literally in a tank!". | LadDog

Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:40:16 PM EDT
[#26]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2URoBCty0NM
View All Quotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2URoBCty0NM

LMAO, that's awesome!    Thanks Ben.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:41:37 PM EDT
[#27]

LMAO, that's awesome!    Thanks Ben.
View Quote
You are welcome
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:44:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By anothermisanthrope:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsqdZR5JdJQ
View Quote

I like these interviews.

Sad that many of them have such extraordinary faith in the wisdom of their leaders, as if being in power brings with it automatic wisdom.

Also, are they ignorant of their own history? Russia lost WWI, but they got absolutely wrecked in the 1904 Russo-Japanese war. And these people have such faith that Russia just can't lose? Why? EVERY nation falls eventually, no exceptions. Do they not understand this about human history?
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:45:30 PM EDT
[#29]
If anyone wants to get angry here is Scott " the idiot" Ritter live streaming

Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:48:23 PM EDT
[#30]
If anyone wants to get angry here is Scott " the idiot" Ritter live streaming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLbjRS6J60Y
View Quote

"Europe needs to wake up to the fact that everything bad happening to you right now is because of the United States.  Your best friend is Russia."

That's where I opened it.

Look at his eyes.   He does NOT believe what he's saying.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:48:24 PM EDT
[#31]

I’m curious what war we might fight where 750ish missile launchers aren’t enough but 765ish make the difference.
View All Quotes

The MFOM is the bases of most of the shaping fires planned by ground forces and intended to make up for the aerial fires they won't be getting in an air-contested environment
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:50:06 PM EDT
[#32]
They recently announced they're preparing to double production to over 90 a year.
View Quote

? Thought was like 15 more than they have been
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:53:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:

"Europe needs to wake up to the fact that everything bad happening to you right now is because of the United States.  Your best friend is Russia."

That's where I opened it.

Look at his eyes.   He does NOT believe what he's saying.
View Quote
I'm not going to watch it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:54:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#34]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

Seems better to "stress test" everything now than in the middle of a hot war.
View Quote

What keeps fucking budgets is the continuing resolutions from Congress given Army’s 2030 priorities
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:54:25 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm not going to watch it.
View Quote

They put me in "timeout" when I asked if anyone had brought up his sexual conduct with a minor conviction
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:56:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#36]

View All Quotes

I always scratch my head when I see those lists as well.

https://www.lockheedmartin.com/en-us/news/features/2022/ramping-up-javelin-production-to-support-increased-demands.html

To meet this new demand, Lockheed Martin is increasing the missile production rate beyond the current 2,100 per year to nearly 4,000 per year.

To increase production to nearly 4,000 per year, Lockheed Martin is ramping up production on its already-active manufacturing line and with Javelin’s supply chain partners. Lockheed Martin is also investing in accelerating the long-lead supply chain parts and equipment needed to support higher rates of production and speed delivery to our customers.

Several large investment projects will also go toward upgrading equipment and tooling to increase manufacturing efficiency and reduce production down time. Additional staff are also being hired to the Javelin production line as well as up and down the supply chain to help reach the new max output rate.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/10/18/himars-production-war-ukraine-00062301

Lockheed Martin plans to increase production of its High Mobility Artillery Rocket System, a weapon in high demand in Ukraine and across Europe as Russia continues to sow instability in the region.

The company is poised to boost HIMARS production to 96 launchers annually, up from its current level of 60 launchers, CEO Jim Taiclet told investors during a third quarter earnings call on Tuesday.

https://www.defensenews.com/pentagon/2022/10/19/pentagon-replacing-himars-launcher-and-rocket-stocks-sent-to-ukraine/

WASHINGTON ― The U.S. military in recent weeks awarded Lockheed Martin $179 million to replace High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems and Guided Multiple Launch Rocket Systems it sent from its own stockpiles to Ukraine, according to Pentagon data set to be released on Wednesday.

News of the spending, which is part of $3.4 billion in Ukraine-related contracting actions for arms and equipment since the start of the Russia-Ukraine war eight months ago, coincided with Lockheed’s disclosure Tuesday that it’s increasing HIMARS and GMLRS production by nearly 60 percent.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/army-ramp-up-production-artillery-shells-rockets/

Army plans to ‘nearly triple’ production of artillery shells after US gives nearly 1 million to Ukraine
he Army plans to dramatically accelerate the production of 155mm artillery shells and precision-guided rockets to make up for all the munitions that the United States has provided to Ukraine, said Doug Bush, assistant secretary of the Army for acquisition, logistics and technology. The US military needs a lot more artillery shells, rockets, and missiles for the next war

“We are seeking over a couple of years to nearly triple our production of 155 [mm shells],” Bush said on Wednesday. Congress has been supportive; we have funding; we are executing and making that happen. We are also, through support from Congress, working to dramatically increase our production rate for GLMRS missiles – Guided MLRS [Multiple Launch Rocket System], HIMARS [High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems] launchers – in most cases doubling or more than doubling current production rates.”

https://www.reuters.com/business/aerospace-defense/exclusive-us-army-replenishes-stinger-missiles-after-ukraine-shipments-2022-05-27/

WASHINGTON, May 27 (Reuters) - The U.S. Army said on Friday it has awarded a contract worth $625 million to Raytheon Technologies Corp (RTX.N) for anti-aircraft Stinger missiles in order to replenish stocks sent to Ukraine.

The contract for up to 1,468 Stingers was awarded on Wednesday, according to a document reviewed by Reuters, and was worth up to $687 million with options added in. There was no timeline for completion of the work, but it was estimated delivery could take up to 30 months.

Don't get me started on the anti ship cruise missiles, there aren't enough Chinese and Russian ships for all of them currently, and those are ramping up production.

This seems like a temporary thing for when we catch up to what we gave that's currently in Ukraine.  Most of these seem as if within a year the systems will have been created to replace what was given, plus what other customers had ordered.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:58:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:58:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#38]
https://theaviationgeekclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/RC-135-Su-27.jpg

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1686110/russia-su27-missile-RAF-spy-plane-black-sea-incident-ukraine-latest-vn

I'm a little perplexed on how little fanfare this story has gotten which I'm sure the UK is grateful for, but had that Flanker shot down that RJ whether intentional or not.. we might have very well entered this war.
View All Quotes
https://theaviationgeekclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/RC-135-Su-27.jpg

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1686110/russia-su27-missile-RAF-spy-plane-black-sea-incident-ukraine-latest-vn

"For about 90 minutes on the day they did that the Russians then departed, once they were out of sight that's when the incident occurred.

"The Russians claim this was a technical malfunction, you don't launch missiles as a technical malfunction.

"This was quite an intentional act. What is also the case is the Russians are intensely frustrated at the West's use of air and space power to support Ukraine.

"If they had managed to shoot this down it would have been a massive coup for Russia and also could have provoked NATO to provide a response which of course would suit Putin's agenda." (Retired air Vice-Marshall Sean Bell)

I'm a little perplexed on how little fanfare this story has gotten which I'm sure the UK is grateful for, but had that Flanker shot down that RJ whether intentional or not.. we might have very well entered this war.

I’ve no doubt it was intentional but we still don’t have many details on the incident.
The article presents conflicting information.  Here are the statements in the article:

a Russian fighter jet recently "released a missile" in the vicinity of an RAF aircraft
The Su-27, one of the Russian aircraft, fired a missile in close proximity to an RAF plane.
the Russians then departed, once they were out of sight that's when the incident occurred.
two Russian SU-27s, one of which "released a missile in the vicinity of the RAF Rivet Joint beyond visual range".
one of the SU-27 aircraft released a missile in the vicinity of the RAF Rivet Joint beyond visual range.

If fired, what direction was it fired and what mode was the missile in?  Was it an intentional effort to shoot down the RJ or give it a bad scare, or an intentional effort to NOT shoot down the RJ?
Brings up an interesting question as to what the rules of engagement will be over the Black Sea?  Will Russian fighters be invited to stay out of missile range or else?
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:59:25 PM EDT
[#39]

https://www.lockheedmartin.com/en-us/news/features/2022/ramping-up-javelin-production-to-support-increased-demands.html

To meet this new demand, Lockheed Martin is increasing the missile production rate beyond the current 2,100 per year to nearly 4,000 per year.

To increase production to nearly 4,000 per year, Lockheed Martin is ramping up production on its already-active manufacturing line and with Javelin’s supply chain partners. Lockheed Martin is also investing in accelerating the long-lead supply chain parts and equipment needed to support higher rates of production and speed delivery to our customers.

Several large investment projects will also go toward upgrading equipment and tooling to increase manufacturing efficiency and reduce production down time. Additional staff are also being hired to the Javelin production line as well as up and down the supply chain to help reach the new max output rate.

Lockheed Martin plans to increase production of its High Mobility Artillery Rocket System, a weapon in high demand in Ukraine and across Europe as Russia continues to sow instability in the region.

The company is poised to boost HIMARS production to 96 launchers annually, up from its current level of 60 launchers, CEO Jim Taiclet told investors during a third quarter earnings call on Tuesday.

https://www.defensenews.com/pentagon/2022/10/19/pentagon-replacing-himars-launcher-and-rocket-stocks-sent-to-ukraine/

WASHINGTON ― The U.S. military in recent weeks awarded Lockheed Martin $179 million to replace High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems and Guided Multiple Launch Rocket Systems it sent from its own stockpiles to Ukraine, according to Pentagon data set to be released on Wednesday.

News of the spending, which is part of $3.4 billion in Ukraine-related contracting actions for arms and equipment since the start of the Russia-Ukraine war eight months ago, coincided with Lockheed’s disclosure Tuesday that it’s increasing HIMARS and GMLRS production by nearly 60 percent.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/army-ramp-up-production-artillery-shells-rockets/

Army plans to ‘nearly triple’ production of artillery shells after US gives nearly 1 million to Ukraine
he Army plans to dramatically accelerate the production of 155mm artillery shells and precision-guided rockets to make up for all the munitions that the United States has provided to Ukraine, said Doug Bush, assistant secretary of the Army for acquisition, logistics and technology. The US military needs a lot more artillery shells, rockets, and missiles for the next war

“We are seeking over a couple of years to nearly triple our production of 155 [mm shells],” Bush said on Wednesday. Congress has been supportive; we have funding; we are executing and making that happen. We are also, through support from Congress, working to dramatically increase our production rate for GLMRS missiles – Guided MLRS [Multiple Launch Rocket System], HIMARS [High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems] launchers – in most cases doubling or more than doubling current production rates.”

https://www.reuters.com/business/aerospace-defense/exclusive-us-army-replenishes-stinger-missiles-after-ukraine-shipments-2022-05-27/

WASHINGTON, May 27 (Reuters) - The U.S. Army said on Friday it has awarded a contract worth $625 million to Raytheon Technologies Corp (RTX.N) for anti-aircraft Stinger missiles in order to replenish stocks sent to Ukraine.

The contract for up to 1,468 Stingers was awarded on Wednesday, according to a document reviewed by Reuters, and was worth up to $687 million with options added in. There was no timeline for completion of the work, but it was estimated delivery could take up to 30 months.

Don't get me started on the anti ship cruise missiles, there aren't enough Chinese and Russian ships for all of them currently, and those are ramping up production.

How many ASCMs are required for a task group takedown?
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 9:00:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:

They put me in "timeout" when I asked if anyone had brought up his sexual conduct with a minor conviction
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/21/2022 9:00:41 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/21/2022 9:03:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#42]

View All Quotes

How many decoy MALD's and MALD-J's do you have available?  Can I use older TALD's?   What is the composition of the task group?    Can I employ Active Jamming with EF-18's and HARM equipped groups to deter the enemies detection of and firing at the incoming cruise missiles?

Am I limited to using Harpoons only?   Or can I use LRASM's?    Are there any US submarines in the area to make a coordinated attack?

I have so many questions.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 9:08:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Two new take-offs on alarm for #Eurofighter of #AeronauticaMilitare engaged in #AirPolicing activities in Poland.
Italian fighters took off, yesterday and today, to intercept Russian planes in flight close to the borders #NATO

Another investment in the security of Poland. We have signed a lease agreement for #WojskoPolskie the MQ-9A REAPER unmanned reconnaissance system. It's a bridging solution. We will use it until we acquire our own unmanned reconnaissance system.

Link Posted: 10/21/2022 9:14:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#44]
These are just pictures on the internet as far as I know.  

Video

Link Posted: 10/21/2022 9:18:09 PM EDT
[#45]
?????--- ???-?????????????? Two tank assassins: Javelin and Stugna-P ATGM reappear, destroying 2 Russian MBTs
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 9:18:35 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

How many do we use annually in training?
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 9:18:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#47]
ISW assessment for October 21st.

https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/russian-offensive-campaign-assessment-october-21

The Russian withdrawal from western Kherson Oblast has begun. Russian forces likely intend to continue that withdrawal over the next several weeks but may struggle to withdraw in good order if Ukrainian forces choose to attack. Ukraine’s Southern Operational Command stated on October 21 that Russian forces are “quite actively” transferring ammunition, military equipment, and some unspecified units from the Dnipro River’s west bank to the east bank via ferries.[1] The Southern Operational Command added that Russian forces deployed 2,000 mobilized men to hold the frontlines and are continuing to shell Ukrainian positions, likely in an effort to cover their withdrawal.[2] Ukrainian military officials reported that the Russian occupation administration is preparing the evacuation of imported Russian specialists, Ukrainian collaborators, and Kherson’s banking system.[3] Russian occupation administration in Beryslav and humanitarian facilities in Kherson City also reportedly ceased operations.[4]

The Russian withdrawal from western Kherson requires that a Russian detachment left in contact hold the line against Ukrainian attack, covering other Russian forces as they withdraw. Such a detachment must be well-trained, professional, and prepared to die for its compatriots to effectively perform that duty. The deputy chief of the Main Operational Department of the Ukrainian General Staff, Brigadier General Oleksiy Hromov, assessed on October 20 that Russian military leadership may withdraw “the most combat-capable units” from the left-bank part of the region to the right bank of the Dnipro river and leave mobilized soldiers in contact to cover the withdrawal.[5] Russian milbloggers seized on Hromov’s assessment on October 21 and claimed that Ukrainian officials falsely said that elite units like the VDV and marines are being replaced by untrained mobilized men in Kherson.[6] If Hromov’s assessment is correct, then Russian forces would be setting conditions for a Russian withdrawal to become a rout. Russia’s poorly trained, newly mobilized reservists are very unlikely to stand and resist a Ukrainian counterattack if Ukrainian forces chose to attack them and chase the withdrawing forces. The collapse of a mobilized reservist detachment left in contact would likely lead to a Ukrainian rout of Russian forces on the same scale as Ukraine’s rout of Russian forces in Kharkiv.

Russian officials have remained cagey about whether or not Russian President Vladimir Putin has ordered a withdrawal from Kherson and are likely continuing to prepare the information space for such a collapse, as ISW has previously assessed.[7] Kremlin Spokesperson Dmitry Peskov dodged a direct question from reporters addressing the likely withdrawal and directed reporters to the Ministry of Defense on October 21. One Russian milblogger noted on October 21 that Russian forces “will receive bad news from Kherson Oblast” in the coming week and that “November will be very, very hard.”[9] A Russian war correspondent told Russian state-controlled television on October 19 that Ukrainian forces outnumber Russian forces by four to one and that "there will be no good news in the next two months, that’s for sure … severe territorial losses are likely in these two months, but defeat in one battle does not mean losing the war.”[10]
View Quote

Russian forces will likely attempt to blow up the dam at the Kakhovka Hydroelectric Power Plant (HPP) to cover their withdrawal and to prevent Ukrainian forces from pursuing Russian forces deeper into Kherson Oblast. Russian forces will almost certainly blame Ukraine for the dam attack, as ISW has previously assessed.[11] Ukraine has no material interest in blowing the dam, which could flood 80 Ukrainian cities and displace hundreds of thousands of people while damaging Ukraine’s already-tenuous electricity supply. Russia, however, has every reason to attempt to provide cover to its retreating forces and to widen the Dnipro River, which Ukrainian forces would need to cross to continue their counteroffensive. Any claims that Russian forces would not blow the dam due to concerns for the water supply to Crimea are absurd. Crimea survived without access to the canal flowing from the Dnipro since Russia illegally invaded and annexed it in 2014 through the restoration of access following Russia’s invasion in February 2022. Russian officials have demonstrated their ability to indefinitely supply Crimea with water without access to the canal. Russian forces will try to hold eastern Kherson Oblast not for the water, but rather to provide a buffer zone that enables the defense of Crimea and prevents Ukrainian forces from getting into artillery range of the peninsula. Russian decisionmakers may believe that blowing the dam will enable them to retain that buffer zone. Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky warned on October 21 that blowing the dam could cut water supplies to much of southern Ukraine and would pose a serious risk to the Zaporizhia Nuclear Power Plant (ZNPP), which lies upstream of the dam.[12] The ZNPP relies on water from the Kakhovka reservoir to cool its facilities.
View Quote

Ukraine’s Southern Operational Command emphasized that Russian forces are using Ukrainian civilians as human shields when transporting military equipment across the Dnipro River, while Russian sources released footage showing a line of civilians awaiting the ferry from Kherson City.[33] Russian forces may be transporting withdrawing military personnel alongside civilians to limit Ukrainian strikes. The use of human shields is a war crime. Ukrainian forces continued their interdiction campaign in Kherson Oblast by striking the Antonivsky Bridge on October 20. Russian sources accused Ukrainian forces of killing four civilians who were reportedly crossing the bridge.[34] Southern Operational Command Spokesperson Nataliya Humenyuk confirmed that Ukrainian forces struck the Antonivsky Bridge in the middle of the night and claimed that the presence of civilians on the bridge is not possible due to a Russian-imposed curfew in Kherson Oblast.[35] The Ukrainian General Staff also confirmed that Ukrainian forces struck a Russian pontoon crossing under the Antonivsky Bridge on October 19.[36] Ukrainian forces otherwise continued to strike Russian positions and ammunition depots in northern and central Kherson Oblast.[37]
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 9:29:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: doc540] [#48]

https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/russian-offensive-campaign-assessment-october-21

View Quote

HOW DARE YOU post ontopic information!

Link Posted: 10/21/2022 9:30:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By doc540:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By doc540:

It's been that kind of day.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 9:32:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Big trouble in little Moldova

PJSC "Gazprom" decided to reduce the volume of gas supply to (Transnistria)
https://liktv.org/pao-gazprom-prinjal-reshenie-o-sokrashhenii-obemov-podachi-gaza-v-pridnestrove/?feed_id=155624&_unique_id=634d0e8ea2531

PJSC "Gazprom" decided to reduce the volume of gas supplied to Pridnestrovie - in October by 30%, in November - by 40% compared to the same periods of previous years. The deficit of the current month is 36 million cubic meters, the expected deficit for November is 55 million cubic meters of gas.

The leadership of the republic sent letters to Russian addressees with requests, but at the moment we have to proceed from the existing state of affairs. The only way out is saving. The head of state stressed that the priority should be the population.

At this stage, natural gas consumption will be reduced at the expense of industry. It was decided to temporarily reduce its supply to a number of large enterprises, such as MMZ, RCC, MGRES.
View Quote

https://realitatea.md/krasnoselski-anunta-ca-de-luni-stinge-lumina-la-chisinau-reduce-livrarile-la-27/

Currently, the Republic of Moldova imports 70% of its electricity needs from Cuciurgan and 30% from Romania. The tariff for Premier  Energy consumers  is 3.15 lei per KW/ h , and for those in the north of the country – 3.21 lei KW/ h .
View Quote

https://newsmaker.md/rus/novosti/s-24-oktyabrya-moldgres-sokratit-postavki-elektroenergii-na-pravoberezhe/

From Monday, October 24, MoldGRES will reduce the supply of electricity to the right bank by two and a half times. This was announced by the head of the Transnistrian region Vadim Krasnoselsky, speaking at the congress of the Supreme Council on October 21.

According to Krasnoselsky, on September 30, Russia "gave the go-ahead" to Tiraspol to conclude a contract with the right bank for the supply of 70% of electricity.

“But when agreeing on the volume of the contract, the corresponding volumes of gas are assumed. So no one asked questions. We signed it, and the next day Gazprom limits gas supplies to Moldovagaz by 30%,” Krasnoselsky said.

Krasnoselsky expressed bewilderment why the Russian Federation did not warn Tiraspol about limiting gas supplies by 30% before the conclusion of the MoldGRES contract with Chisinau. Then MoldGRES would be able to conclude a contract for a maximum of 40% of electricity needed by Moldova.

“We have signed a contract for 70%, we must fulfill it, but there is no gas. (…) We do not set ourselves an end in itself to limit the supply of electricity to Moldova, we simply do not have gas. (…) In this situation, the experts made a decision. Starting Monday, we will limit gas supplies to MoldGRES, as a result of which, instead of 70% of exports, 27% will remain. If we are left with the same level of gas in November as in October, then, given the order of consumers, the energy package for Moldova will be a maximum of 23%,” said Krasnoselsky.

In Pridnestrovie, until November 1, a state of emergency was introduced in the economy. According to the decree of Krasnoselsky, energy-intensive enterprises were stopped until the end of October: the Moldavian Metallurgical Plant, the Rybnitsa Cement Plant. MGRES will also receive less gas to generate electricity for export.
View Quote

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5589
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top