BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5588
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 10/27/2021 8:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer]
It says it's been moved, but the link just takes me to the Community page. What gives?

This is now the active "shit (might be) is definitely happening in Ukraine" thread.

News links, thanks to BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
LINKS TO UKRAINIAN NEWS SOURCES IN ENGLISH

Kyiv Post

Ukrainian News

UKRInform

EUROMAIDEN PRESS

New Voice of Ukraine

Kyiv Independent

Ukraine World

InterFax Ukraine

UATV

Ukrainian Journal

Official Website of the President of Ukraine

Ukrainian Ministry of Defense

Save these links. I can't post all the headlines like I've done in the past - too much news and too often.
View Quote

Please @ me with additional stuff to be added here. I don't currently have time to properly curate this thread otherwise.

New news link c/o berettaguy:

Ukrainian Pravda
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/

Stop fake, anti - disinformation site:
https://www.stopfake.org/en/main/
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:19:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:21:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dominion21:

I agree.  

Russians / FSB are master of deceptive, unethical, and shady practices.

"Kompromat" - or compromising information - is one of the FSB's favorite weapons to coerce targets.

The "kompromat" can be real, or fabricated.  

Imagine the FSB managed to locate a recording of Musk saying a racist word, or a comment that could be construed as racist? (he is, after all, born and raised in South Africa, so it's not implausible).  

Imagine the FSB fabricated the recording (does not matter either way), it would:

- potentially sink Tesla's sales in the US and Europe, costing him billions.

What if the FSB located (or fabricated) evidence of an affair by Musk?  

Point is: there are many ways the FSB could have gotten to Musk.  

I also find his recent comments quite odd, and implausible.  

But FSB blackmail?  That makes sense.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dominion21:
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:
Originally Posted By Yobro512:

Please. What exact power does Russia have over elon musk.

They've been enemies with spacex for 20 years and Spacex and musk has absolutely dunked on them over and over in the last 7 years.

I am really curious as to why he tried to promote such a heavily Russian biased peace plan

I agree.  

Russians / FSB are master of deceptive, unethical, and shady practices.

"Kompromat" - or compromising information - is one of the FSB's favorite weapons to coerce targets.

The "kompromat" can be real, or fabricated.  

Imagine the FSB managed to locate a recording of Musk saying a racist word, or a comment that could be construed as racist? (he is, after all, born and raised in South Africa, so it's not implausible).  

Imagine the FSB fabricated the recording (does not matter either way), it would:

- potentially sink Tesla's sales in the US and Europe, costing him billions.

What if the FSB located (or fabricated) evidence of an affair by Musk?  

Point is: there are many ways the FSB could have gotten to Musk.  

I also find his recent comments quite odd, and implausible.  

But FSB blackmail?  That makes sense.
I think you guys may be over thinking it.  Seems more like Musk had a quick thought, didn't think it through but posted online.  Then he wished he could hit the delete key which doesn't exists on the Internet.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:22:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I made the mistake of reading a few “other” threads in GD. It’s kinda sad/embarrassing.

This thread is really the only reason I go here anymore
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:22:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

What does that even mean? Burning positions?
View Quote

Whatever commie is for “OPSEC violations” is my guess.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:23:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
Attention mobik shoppers!
View Quote
We've been hearing for a while that Putin held off on mobilization because he feared a revolt (or at least widespread opposition).  Then the prevailing opinion seemed to be that he was getting away with it, for the most part, because they were taking men mostly from the smaller towns.  

Now that they're apparently grabbing men off the streets (if not quite literally) in Moscow and St Petersburg, I guess we'll find out soon how strongly he really controls the populace.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:24:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BerettaGuy] [#6]
Originally Posted By Dagger41:
Anybody listen to Joe Pags ?

Was sitting outside listening to his show and he had an interview with Jeffrey Addicott.
Anybody know if this Addicott is a legit guy ?

He claimed the Ukrainian army has 100,000 dead, Russia is going to roll on the country in November once the Winter freeze is in, Zelensky and the entire Ukrainian .gov is more corrupt than the Russians, China or the US blew up the Nordstream pipeline and it's all about Taiwan getting invaded by China. Ukraine has run out of people to defend itself and Russia invaded with its national guard and the real take over is happening this Winter.

Basically said Zelensky is a crook and is looking to cash out because everybody knows Ukraine is done and the MSM is covering up for what is really going on over there.

I hope somebody here can find the interview and post it up, because for me it was a big 'WTF am I listening too ?'

JFC !
View Quote

Pags is another low info conservatard Tucker Carlson ass kisser.  The same way the crackpot paytriot right talk show hosts kiss Alex Jones' ass and spreads his bullshit to move up in the internet "independent news" world, Pags does the same with Cucker.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:25:14 PM EDT
[#7]
i've lurked here for years, finally made an account just to point out how obvious (or oblivious) some of you are. hope you're paid well.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:26:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:29:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Photographic:
I made the mistake of reading a few “other” threads in GD. It’s kinda sad/embarrassing.

View Quote

I actually quit this place for probably two years, but came back because I knew there would be a Ukraine thread just like this one.

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:29:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Himars4days:
i've lurked here for years, finally made an account just to point out how obvious (or oblivious) some of you are. hope you're paid well.
View Quote

Alexi Joneskov's shortwave broadcast starts in 30 minutes. Shouldn't you be getting your tinfoil hat on and be tuning in?
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:29:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:30:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FfDxLh5WYAAOz8W?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
View Quote

Pretty spry for dead fellas.

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:32:08 PM EDT
[#13]

Alexi Joneskov's shortwave broadcast starts in 30 minutes. Shouldn't you be getting your tinfoil hat on and be tuning in?
View Quote

The username made me read that the other way, but who knows…
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:32:19 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

This war is fucking with my income. Are you hiring? What are the benefits. Welcome to the site HIMARS!
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:35:42 PM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

4840 is the frequency, Kenneth.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:37:19 PM EDT
[#16]
What has Ukraine been doing for the last 8 years?

Why does the rest of the world (mainly us) have to supply them with so many weapons and munitions?

I get that they don't have some of the more advanced stuff, but they don't have the ability to arm themselves with small arms and ammunition?
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:37:20 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:39:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Esterhase:

To be clear, you're worried about the quality of information In the GD Russia/UKR thread?

Stable door status: closed

This thread has been a one-note shitshow since February, where gatekeeping Ukiebros only want to hear one point of view.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By absael:
Where do you find this stuff?  This is your second post today of comically bad information.

I'm kind of hoping that no one posts it; at least not in this thread... IMO we don't need to dilute news and worthwhile thoughts on the war with this kind of crap.  Witless opinions like his are a dime a dozen.

To be clear, you're worried about the quality of information In the GD Russia/UKR thread?

This thread has been a one-note shitshow since February, where gatekeeping Ukiebros only want to hear one point of view.

You’re free to peddle your “Ukrainian Nazi kill list of Children” nonsense…. But when someone calls you a literal dumb ass and you storm off that isn’t “gatekeeping”.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:40:48 PM EDT
[#19]
I made the mistake of reading a few "other" threads in GD. It's kinda sad/embarrassing.

View Quote
Sounds like people really believe that Ukraine put Musk on a hit list.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:43:00 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

Judging by the username I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and assuming he is talking about the Russian bots.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:44:27 PM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:46:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Ratchet27:

Why does the rest of the world (mainly us) have to supply them with so many weapons and munitions?

I get that they don't have some of the more advanced stuff, but they don't have the ability to arm themselves with small arms and ammunition?
View Quote

They’ve been training and getting more advanced weapons.

It just wasn’t enough, just like how the Ukraine Russia war has used a significant amount of the USA’s stockpile and it’s not a world war.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:46:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Easterner:

Yeah, provide credible sources.  How dare we want some credibility.

If it's such a shit show, you know where the door is.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Easterner:
Originally Posted By absael:
Where do you find this stuff?  This is your second post today of comically bad information.

I'm kind of hoping that no one posts it; at least not in this thread... IMO we don't need to dilute news and worthwhile thoughts on the war with this kind of crap.  Witless opinions like his are a dime a dozen.

Yeah, provide credible sources.  How dare we want some credibility.

If it's such a shit show, you know where the door is.

It seems like today there has been an influx of people who want to come in and take a dump on the dining room table and act surprised when they get called out on it.

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:46:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Prime:

View Quote

Fucking animals. People complaining about Russians getting dehumanized need to see this shit. Their behavior is what's dehumanized them.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:49:26 PM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:50:40 PM EDT
[#26]

I actually quit this place for probably two years, but came back because I knew there would be a Ukraine thread just like this one.

View All Quotes

The news on major events, and the speed at which new things come out is pretty amazing- aside from wading through obvious BS. It takes 3-4 days to start seeing things I read here become available on other news outlets.

If it wasn’t for that, I’d have permanently quit a long time ago.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:51:21 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

As I understand it, Obama arm twisted them into destroying most of their stocks.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:53:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Mud.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:54:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Jman1984:
View All Quotes
I made the mistake of reading a few "other" threads in GD. It's kinda sad/embarrassing.

It ranks up there with some of the dumber shit I’ve seen posted about other topics.

But, I guess the kill list is the flavor of the weekend. Globohomo and bio labs are so blasé and stale at this point
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:57:15 PM EDT
[#30]
In Irkutsk, at school No. 14, a Z-banner was posted with a map of Russia with annexed Belarus.

https://t.me/groupzarya/19392
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:57:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Judging by the username I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and assuming he is talking about the Russian bots.
View All Quotes

Well, if that's the case he should have been more clear. ARFCOM is a mess on Ukraine outside of this thread and the pro-Russian "conservatives" on the other threads constantly trash this one. I figured this was a new guy taking a shot.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:59:07 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

To me no I don't think Ukraine has an official government "hit list". That site is not exactly good for the perception of the Ukranian side however. Even this doesn't matter, every side has extremes, but it's no secret Ukraine had been having some... poor diplomatic incidents in their recent handling of Musk. That's the story to me, like him or not it probably doesn't do you any favors to piss off the guy supplying you with Starlink.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:00:07 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

Russia's military is one of the largest in the world, even after staggering losses. Ukraine hasn't been able to afford the latest stuff and have been fighting a war against Russian backed separatists for years. A lot of their stocks were stolen or destroyed by the fighting over that time frame.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:01:01 PM EDT
[#34]

Funny, they even misspelled “Берлин”!
Kinda explains why they suck so much as a fighting force.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:01:11 PM EDT
[#35]
OSINT in the first person. Ukraine’s armed forces have outsourced parts of the kill chain to civilians.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:03:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Critical infrastructure hit in Belgorod.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:04:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By TheLurker:

As I understand it, Obama arm twisted them into destroying most of their stocks.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheLurker:

True. I detailed this months ago. Before Obama became president, then Sen. Obama traveled to Ukraine with Moscow frequent flyer RINO Sen. Dick Lugar and bribed them to get rid of millions of surplus small arms and billions of rounds of ammunition. This was a Kremlin directive for years and part of a plan that Yanukovych implemented when he and Paul Manafort "won" the election from pro- USA Ukrainian president Yuschenko.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:05:04 PM EDT
[#38]

Well, if that's the case he should have been more clear. ARFCOM is a mess on Ukraine outside of this thread and the pro-Russian "conservatives" on the other threads constantly trash this one. I figured this was a new guy taking a shot.
View Quote

You're the only one who took it that way, good job trolling a new guy on his first post cause he wasn't enthusiastic enough in being anti Russian.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:05:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Dagger41:
Anybody listen to Joe Pags ?

Was sitting outside listening to his show and he had an interview with Jeffrey Addicott.
Anybody know if this Addicott is a legit guy ?

He claimed the Ukrainian army has 100,000 dead, Russia is going to roll on the country in November once the Winter freeze is in, Zelensky and the entire Ukrainian .gov is more corrupt than the Russians, China or the US blew up the Nordstream pipeline and it's all about Taiwan getting invaded by China. Ukraine has run out of people to defend itself and Russia invaded with its national guard and the real take over is happening this Winter.

Basically said Zelensky is a crook and is looking to cash out because everybody knows Ukraine is done and the MSM is covering up for what is really going on over there.

I hope somebody here can find the interview and post it up, because for me it was a big 'WTF am I listening too ?'

JFC !
View Quote

Anything is possible, but I'm calling Bullshit!  If the VDV and the 1st Guards Tank Army got decimated (or more) by a force that was 70% undertrained/underequipped reservists, I cannot imagine that a bunch of underequipped Orc draftees with two weeks or less of training are going to magically do better against a much better-equipped and motivated force led by hardened combat veterans: where even the Uke FNG's with no military background had more pub/Gasthaus/Bar time during intensive training regimes lasting multiple weeks in the UK, Germany, and Poland than the mobniks have in total effective military training, and using really old equipment, are going to do that well.  As an example, in the Korean Conflict, the total Chinese number of dead/DOW was somewhere north of 1million Chinese soldiers: in addition to well over 1million North Korean combat deaths.  In contrast the
"UN" forces (including ROK soldiers) combat deaths (including ROK) after the Chinese intervention were somewhere in the neighborhood of 259,000.  And this was with both sides using mostly WWII-era tech, with combat-experienced leadership on both sides..  Trying the "Chinese Liberation" model against a motivated and seasoned enemy with modern tech will have the same outcome as a WWII Japanese Banzai charge, except with nowhere near the initial effectiveness.    
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:05:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Run or die.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:06:46 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

Dude, if your username phonetically references your ancestry, your only beef with anyone Ukrainian or a Ukiefan should be over the border in the Carpathians - and that was set by the Russians and a Democratic administration, not a bunch or Ukrainian nationalists.  Go read of some of Jozki's family history stuff and then think if the Russians have been able to reform themselves in the last 70 years.  The answer to that is no.  And that was communism's second go at Hungary.  To be clear, I am here to see recent status updates, and this is way better than the media on either the right or left.  For everyone else, my apologies for any contribution to thread drift.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:06:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ServusVeritatis] [#42]

View Quote

Will GD be along shortly to say that she’s a deep state plant and they “don’t care”?
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:07:23 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

Why Ukraine Special Ops Use This Bullpup. The Malyuk.

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:10:08 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

Retarded people spouting nonsense is not an opposing viewpoint.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:10:24 PM EDT
[#45]

Whatever commie is for “OPSEC violations” is my guess.
View Quote

This is correct. Autotranslate doesn't handle slang expressions well.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:14:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:

Fucking animals. People complaining about Russians getting dehumanized need to see this shit. Their behavior is what's dehumanized them.
View Quote

And they've been doing it for centuries. For one small example, look up "holodomor". People call Hitler a mass murderer, but he's small potatoes compared to the Russians.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:14:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Some kind of artillery impact purportedly in Bakhmut.
Tight group, I’m assuming a western system?

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:15:00 PM EDT
[#48]
In Irkutsk, at school No. 14, a Z-banner was posted with a map of Russia with annexed Belarus.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/57CD8E5D-ABFE-493C-8BDD-669DD83C190C-2563276.jpg
https://t.me/groupzarya/19392
View Quote

Freudian slip?
It pretty much is save for the formalities?
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:15:04 PM EDT
[#49]
More dope on background. Good read.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:17:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Alex9661:

This is correct. Autotranslate doesn't handle slang expressions well.
View Quote

Thank you sir, and may I reiterate you translators are invaluable.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5588
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top