BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5583
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 10/27/2021 8:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer]
It says it's been moved, but the link just takes me to the Community page. What gives?

This is now the active "shit (might be) is definitely happening in Ukraine" thread.

News links, thanks to BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
LINKS TO UKRAINIAN NEWS SOURCES IN ENGLISH

Kyiv Post

Ukrainian News

UKRInform

EUROMAIDEN PRESS

New Voice of Ukraine

Kyiv Independent

Ukraine World

InterFax Ukraine

UATV

Ukrainian Journal

Official Website of the President of Ukraine

Ukrainian Ministry of Defense

Save these links. I can't post all the headlines like I've done in the past - too much news and too often.
View Quote

Please @ me with additional stuff to be added here. I don't currently have time to properly curate this thread otherwise.

New news link c/o berettaguy:

Ukrainian Pravda
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/

Stop fake, anti - disinformation site:
https://www.stopfake.org/en/main/
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 6:24:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:
If Russia is really willing to throw a million dudes into this fight...even if they are poorly trained, poorly equipped and lack motivation, it will still be a million dudes. Can Ukraine hold out against these sort of numbers?
View Quote

Yes, they will just himars their barracks
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 6:25:36 PM EDT
[#2]

But....but...but....the purple arrows were SOOO THICC!   I'm talking thicker than a Midcap chick eating a bowl of oatmeal!
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 6:32:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Kherson Counter-Offensive Begins! Russian Invasion of Ukraine DOCUMENTARY
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 6:40:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Am I the only one wondering if Putin finally just said F' it.  Go ahead and mobilize.  You asked for it, begged for it--now see how that works out for you.  

300,000 to 1ml. men all at once---where are they going to put them? Feed them?  Transport them?  Arm them? Clothe them?

It's going to be a clusterf...
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 6:41:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Russian mobilization facilities such as still exist are reportedly near enough to Moscow to risk revolution.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 6:43:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By anonimovaca:

Maybe Putin means 300,000 live conscripts. For example, 100,000 get KIA, so Russia conscripts another 100,000. We keep hearing how Russia can’t logistically handle 1 million conscripts, but maybe they can handle 1 million if they are conscripted in waves.
View Quote

I expect he said what he said how he said so he can keep on telling people it isn't full mobilization. That way russians can keep on telling themselves and each other it isn't that bad.
Later if necessary there will be an added 200,000 or whatever they can use. Also, it is easier to track down people and force them onto buses if they are in smaller batches.
I expect if he keeps sending more people and still losing ground he is going escalate to put a stop to losing. He's willing to kill all of Ukraine and most of russia.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 6:45:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
View Quote

At last the vaunted “total mobilization”!  Russia’s ace in the hole.

lol

Ukraine will kill them all.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 6:48:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By 2A373:

You guys are just seeing pieces of the helo being blown off.

A KA-52 is two seat attack helicopter that has ejection seats that the crew strap into. A hit powerful enough to to cause a crewmember to be ripped out would have caused the helicopter to immediately go down.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/54089/Russian_Air_Force_Kamov_Ka-52__194424047-2535591.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:
Originally Posted By stgdz:

I think I saw a body fall too

I thought that too. Is it one of those RU helo's that can carry troops? There was shit going off and falling off all over so who knows. They are very lucky to have landed wheels down.

A KA-52 is two seat attack helicopter that has ejection seats that the crew strap into. A hit powerful enough to to cause a crewmember to be ripped out would have caused the helicopter to immediately go down.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/54089/Russian_Air_Force_Kamov_Ka-52__194424047-2535591.JPG

Ejection seats into twin 3 blade rotors? Am I missing something?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 6:51:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Other than military defeat, what are the plausible possiblilties to getting Putin to stop? He's going to use everything including nukes in order to avoid losing. He's willing to take his entire country into a terrible famine in order to avoid losing. He's willing to roll out belt fed machine guns and tanks to put down internal protests. Those things I'm sure of. But I would think there must be conditions that would drive other members of his country to the point they would kill him or remove him. Either one of those might make them more willing to leave Ukraine and blame it on him.
I would think if the military feels he has caused the military to be humiliated and look weak the military commanders would not tolerate that and get rid of him.
Maybe some kind of financial thing would cause rich russians to have him murdered.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 6:51:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Haub:

View Quote

Okay. Then we just give Ukraine enough shit to kill a million russians instead of 300K.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 6:52:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ContraHQ:

View All Quotes

I thought that too. Is it one of those RU helo's that can carry troops? There was shit going off and falling off all over so who knows. They are very lucky to have landed wheels down.

Yes; the rotors are blown off just before the canopy and the seats... hopefully, from their perspective.  Not so much from mine.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 6:54:56 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

Pretty sure it blows the rotor blades off as part of the ejection process.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 6:55:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By absael:
Yes; the rotors are blown off just before the canopy and the seats... hopefully, from their perspective.  Not so much from mine.
View All Quotes

Wow, the pilots must be true believers to pull the ejection lever

Thanks for the explanation.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 6:55:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:

At last the vaunted “total mobilization”!  Russia’s ace in the hole.

lol

Ukraine will kill them all.
View Quote

That's a fucking shit ton of people to kill. We better make sure ukraine has the tools to freeze and starve them from safe standoff distance. If they can do it, russia will probably use human waves as bait so they can locate enemy weapons and fire on them.
Civilians better get out of the area before starving, desperate and demoralized russian hordes make it to them.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 6:59:24 PM EDT
[#15]

Maybe Putin means 300,000 live conscripts. For example, 100,000 get KIA, so Russia conscripts another 100,000. We keep hearing how Russia can’t logistically handle 1 million conscripts, but maybe they can handle 1 million if they are conscripted in waves.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SilverBearX:
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:
Can anyone confirm? But I've seen some videos say "partial" mobilization is a complete farce. The Russians will take as many Russians to Conscription as their military deems necessary. So the 300k Ukraine is just a start.

Oh, he meant minimum of 300,000.

Good luck getting the second hundred thousand to show up when the first get slaughtered… they’d literally be paddling canoes across the Bering Strait.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:02:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Billy_Ringo:
Am I the only one wondering if Putin finally just said F' it.  Go ahead and mobilize.  You asked for it, begged for it--now see how that works out for you.  

300,000 to 1ml. men all at once---where are they going to put them? Feed them?  Transport them?  Arm them? Clothe them?

View Quote

The Russian fell for their own propaganda.  

Over the last 20 years the WW2 victory celebrations got bigger and bigger, their whole history focused on this one victory in order to to divert attention from todays problems.  

They are believing that they won WW2 on their own and still are capable to do it again.

Land Lease won the war, but LL isn't present in the RU military, they carefully hid LL in their propaganda, there are next to no offical pictures or films where they show US/UK equipment.

I'm in contact with a retired CCCP tanker, this guy is mad as hell on RU and what's happening now.

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:08:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Can I invest in Russian mortuary services?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:11:55 PM EDT
[#18]

That's a smart piggy.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Prime:

That's a barnyard animal that knows to never allow yourself to be taken to a secondary location

That's a smart piggy.

Smarter than the russians volunteering to go.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:16:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By R0N:

That is the M30, the M31 has a 200lbs class unitary warhead, while the M30 added tungsten spheres to the case of the warhead.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Third_Rail:
Originally Posted By Capta:
Drone view of a GMLRS hit on small ammo dump - good view of the frag pattern and how devastating these are:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/xl2sjb/aerial_view_of_the_impact_moment_of_two_m31a1/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Mother of God.

I would really hate to be anywhere near the receiving end of that. That is an otherworldly level of consistent fragmentation. That's one hell of a circle of death.

They go off about 30ft above you, test footage of what that looked like to the Grad crew.
40 seconds in is the closest footage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5h7BkCj5rI

As far as I can tell - and I found that video a few minutes ago while digging - the M31A1 is basically a long-range remote shotgun. It's insane. However much that costs per round? It's 100% worth it.

That is the M30, the M31 has a 200lbs class unitary warhead, while the M30 added tungsten spheres to the case of the warhead.

Dare I ask how many? 100k+?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:17:58 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

China, India, and Iran will help.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:20:10 PM EDT
[#21]

Mother of God.

I would really hate to be anywhere near the receiving end of that. That is an otherworldly level of consistent fragmentation. That's one hell of a circle of death.
View All Quotes
Drone view of a GMLRS hit on small ammo dump - good view of the frag pattern and how devastating these are:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/xl2sjb/aerial_view_of_the_impact_moment_of_two_m31a1/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Mother of God.

Why are the Ukrainians destroying their own lend-lease ammo?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:20:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

The problem with that is there are a bunch of russians who support russia, the motherland, russian superiority,  they just don't want to risk their own skins. They will be moving to germany in large groups.
View Quote

If Germany was smart, they would suddenly remember how to build Stalags again.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:20:23 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:20:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

The Russian fell for their own propaganda.  

Over the last 20 years the WW2 victory celebrations got bigger and bigger, their whole history focused on this one victory in order to to divert attention from todays problems.  

They are believing that they won WW2 on their own and still are capable to do it again.

Land Lease won the war, but LL isn't present in the RU military, they carefully hid LL in their propaganda, there are next to no offical pictures or films where they show US/UK equipment.

I'm in contact with a retired CCCP tanker, this guy is mad as hell on RU and what's happening now.

View Quote

I think they also believe their own mythology about how russia will never lose because they will just keep on slugging away no matter the cost until they eventually win. They almost welcome the opportunity to show how much suffering can endure without breaking and still emerge victorious in the end.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:23:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

View Quote

How about all the gd denizens trying to figure out investing in the Russian stock market in March.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:23:52 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

Mother of God.

They go off about 30ft above you, test footage of what that looked like to the Grad crew.

As far as I can tell - and I found that video a few minutes ago while digging - the M31A1 is basically a long-range remote shotgun. It's insane. However much that costs per round? It's 100% worth it.

Currently over 50,000 guided m-30 and m-31's and counting at about 10,000 per year.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:25:08 PM EDT
[#27]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1kr651en7g
View Quote

That must be a pucker factor one million hoping the rotor blades actually come off lmao
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:25:23 PM EDT
[#28]

How about all the gd denizens trying to figure out investing in the Russian stock market in March.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

I'm glad I don't venture out of this thread much.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:26:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Circuits:

You know full well. Tards and trolls are getting deleted, which makes the post count off for a while.

If this is the first time you've visited this thread, consider yourself informed, and don't do it again.

If you've been here more than a week, give it up with the g-d "ghost page" useless posts. As often as I come to this thread, I think not a single new page has ever come up without being a ghost page at first, and I commented on it, too - back around page 1000, and I'm ashamed at myself for having done so even then.
View Quote

I had no clue as to why there where ghost pages.  I figured it was due to the thread having so many pages.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:26:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#30]
Originally Posted By mokerr:

That must be a pucker factor one million hoping the rotor blades actually come off lmao
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mokerr:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1kr651en7g

I would love to find footage of an actual ejection.  So far it seems they would rather ride the helo in instead of eject.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:27:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Third_Rail] [#31]

Currently over 50,000 guided m-30 and m-31's and counting at about 10,000 per year.
View All Quotes

Mother of God.

Not what I meant - how many tungsten BBs in the M30 version.

ETA: The number I came up with in a search is pretty huge. 182000 tungsten balls. Of course it also says M31 has tungsten and M30 doesn't so who knows.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:28:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:32:44 PM EDT
[#33]
180,000 preformed fragments.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:37:17 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

Mother of God.

The numbers on the TMR and the on hand number are classified
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:39:42 PM EDT
[#35]
https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/putins-call-up-brings-reality-of-war-home-to-many-russians/ar-AA127eEP

Many borders remained closed to Russians. The leaders of the Baltic states said their countries won’t offer asylum or humanitarian visas to men trying to flee mobilization.

“The war was OK for them when they saw it on TV, sitting on a sofa, but it is no longer OK when your government and your Shoigu calls you to join the army and offers to take part in the war with your own physical body,” Lithuanian Prime Minister Ingrida Simonyte said.
View Quote

Apparently not every country in Europe is in agreement with Germany.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:40:19 PM EDT
[#36]

ETA: The number I came up with in a search is pretty huge. 182000 tungsten balls. Of course it also says M31 has tungsten and M30 doesn't so who knows.
View All Quotes

Mother of God.

The M30 was the original GMLRS and it had DPICM warhead, the M31 was the Unitarian warhead that was developed to reduce collateral damage. The M30s have had their DPICM warheads removed and the AW or alternate warhead replace put in their place.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:42:13 PM EDT
[#37]

The M30 was the original GMLRS and it had DPICM warhead, the M31 was the Unitarian warhead that was developed to reduce collateral damage. The M30s have had their DPICM warheads removed and the AW or alternate warhead replace put in their place.
View All Quotes

Mother of God.

Got it - thank you!

It's not like this is ever going to matter in my life but I find the details interesting. That really is one hell of an amazing weapon.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:46:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By atavistic:
Can I invest in Russian mortuary services?
View Quote

Sure, but they pretty much leave them to rot where they fell. Ask Finland.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:48:33 PM EDT
[#39]

Pushilin is a first class douchenozzle. Asshat is in hiding and acting as propagand for der fatherlund.
Would that make him: Asshat in exile? Displaced Douchenozzle?

Whatever. Putin's fingers wiggle and he talks.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:51:39 PM EDT
[#40]
https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/putins-call-up-brings-reality-of-war-home-to-many-russians/ar-AA127eEP

View Quote

Keep in mind that it was the presence of ethnic Russians in Ukraine that was the pretense for kicking this all off in the first place.  Would you want to be a small country bordering Russia and suddenly have your population swell by 10%+ with Russians?

Bad juju.

And that’s only one of the downsides…
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:51:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By weptek911:

Most of what they did have was lost when Crimea was invaded/taken over. Turkey is building them a frigate I saw in the news.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By weptek911:
Originally Posted By Haub:

Ukraine does have a Navy. However, their fleet is almost non-existent in size. Mainly patrol boats and other small vessels now, until other larger ships arrive.

Most of what they did have was lost when Crimea was invaded/taken over. Turkey is building them a frigate I saw in the news.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:52:04 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

I can't say I disagree with her.  Let them stay home and fix the problem.   We should try that ourselves.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:52:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#43]

View All Quotes

Mother of God.

Sorry I misunderstood the question, your very close, the number is 180,000 bb sized tungsten balls.

https://www.armyrecognition.com/weapons_defence_industry_military_technology_uk/the_new_m30a1_gmlrs_alternate_warhead_to_replace_cluster_bombs_for_us_army_central_71601171.html

the new M30A1 round is being implemented to limit duds by replacing the smaller explosives with 180,000 tungsten steel bee-bee-sized balls. “This particular round will be effective against light skinned vehicles and personnel,” he said.

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:00:25 PM EDT
[#44]

Hell yea
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By governmentman:

Yup, I'd be in for that group buy. If I could get two cases at 100% markup, I could still flip one case selling to a few friends and pay for the other and a case of 9mm.

Hell yea

Count me in!
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:01:22 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

1/3 of them are going to die or be maimed in Ukraine.

Sucks for them.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:06:27 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

True story regarding a Russian aircraft mechanic...

American guy buys a Soviet plane, imports an ex-mil mechanic to give her the old lookie loo.

Mechanic goes through everything and keeps saying  "it's good but not so good".

Finally the plane's owner asks for clarification... Mechanic says "it will fly, but I wouldn't fly in it".

True story.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:20:07 PM EDT
[#47]

Mother of God.

Sorry I misunderstood the question, your very close, the number is 180,000 bb sized tungsten balls.

https://www.armyrecognition.com/weapons_defence_industry_military_technology_uk/the_new_m30a1_gmlrs_alternate_warhead_to_replace_cluster_bombs_for_us_army_central_71601171.html

the new M30A1 round is being implemented to limit duds by replacing the smaller explosives with 180,000 tungsten steel bee-bee-sized balls. “This particular round will be effective against light skinned vehicles and personnel,” he said.

https://www.armyrecognition.com/images/stories/news/2017/january/The_new_M30A1_Guided_MLRS_Alternate_Warhead_to_replace_cluster_bombs_002.jpg

Approximately 275-325lbs of tungsten.

That's quite the payload. No wonder at all why the terminal effects are thorough and downright spectacular.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:20:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By lokifox:

True story regarding a Russian aircraft mechanic...

American guy buys a Soviet plane, imports an ex-mil mechanic to give her the old lookie loo.

Mechanic goes through everything and keeps saying  "it's good but not so good".

Finally the plane's owner asks for clarification... Mechanic says "it will fly, but I wouldn't fly in it".

True story.
View Quote

Must be a common saying; a Russian mechanic told my wife and a friend the same once in Vietnam in the 90s.  Regarding an Ilyushin they were going to take to Phnom Penh.  They took a bus instead.  True.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:22:22 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

"the deficit will be covered by government spending"--what does that mean?

I assume they mean they are printing money?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:25:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By DonS:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DonS:

I expect you're right. Are there any governments that aren't at least adding money digitally?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5583
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top