Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5587
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 10/27/2021 8:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer]
It says it's been moved, but the link just takes me to the Community page. What gives?

This is now the active "shit (might be) is definitely happening in Ukraine" thread.

News links, thanks to BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
LINKS TO UKRAINIAN NEWS SOURCES IN ENGLISH

Kyiv Post

Ukrainian News

UKRInform

EUROMAIDEN PRESS

New Voice of Ukraine

Kyiv Independent

Ukraine World

InterFax Ukraine

UATV

Ukrainian Journal

Official Website of the President of Ukraine

Ukrainian Ministry of Defense

Save these links. I can't post all the headlines like I've done in the past - too much news and too often.
View Quote

Please @ me with additional stuff to be added here. I don't currently have time to properly curate this thread otherwise.

New news link c/o berettaguy:

Ukrainian Pravda
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/

Stop fake, anti - disinformation site:
https://www.stopfake.org/en/main/
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:58:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Houlagan72] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
View Quote

That's crazy.
And it's interesting to see how they've adapted so quickly.

Edit to reiterate what Lightning_P38 just said.
"It doesn't matter what you did before, what matters is that you stood to be counted when it mattered."
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:58:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Ghost page
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:58:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By stgdz:

I think I saw a body fall too
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stgdz:
Originally Posted By Houlagan72:
Originally Posted By NoMoAMMO:
Originally Posted By Capta:
KA-52 shot down - clear video.  Might’ve made a hard landing under control, but definitely a kill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2k1FbjDhMA

Missile hit knocked the flares out of the pod

Kind of looks like it may have fired a couple of rockets too.

I think I saw a body fall too

Good shoot!
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:04:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

There really was just two points of mobilization:
1) Take the attention off the failure of Russia to hold any ground at all
2) Solve the recruiting problem they have had since jump.

I don't think they are after fielding a HUGE force in Ukraine. More likely they are looking to rotate out a bunch of exhausted and shell shocked dudes with fresh ones.

The problem with even that theory is they they don't have the transport resources for resupply. Let alone rotating guys in and out.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:
Originally Posted By Bassgasm:
Originally Posted By Third_Rail:
Originally Posted By DCPhoenix:
All the conscription shit going on is wild.

What’s the play here?

Russia going to use conscripts to hold areas in Russia to free up “professionals” form elsewhere?

Surely they’re not going to go full Stalingrad and human wave the frontlines??

Would you really bet against that?

Has anything at any stage of this said "Russian rulers seem to have common sense" to you?

Contrary to the folklore about "a Russki doesn't take a dump without a plan," there doesn't actually seem to be a cohesive strategy here.

Furthermore, it doesn't really matter whether we're taking about 100k conscripts or 1M conscripts, the same problems exist.

For extra fun, let's break this into two problems:

Problem A- Does Russia have the basic ability to feed, uniform, and transport these conscripts at scale, and what are the costs?

Problem B- Does Russia have the ability to train, equip, deploy, and command these conscripts in a manner that produces actual military value?

The answer to Problem B is, for a variety of reasons, almost certainly a resounding no. That leads us to Problem A. Let's say Russia rounds up 250k dudes, gives them two weeks of training, and ships them off to the front. That's going to have a significant cost and logistical burden, no matter what. But if these conscripts can't produce value in combat, the result is negative value for the Russian military effort (and this is before considering things like political tension and social turmoil happening in Russia as a result).

Is Russia dumb enough to overlook these problems and move forward with this strategy? Well... given the amount of evidence we've seen of them doing things like burdening their logistics by shipping inoperable vehicles and systems across the continent... yeah, they're dumb/crazy enough to do this.

There really was just two points of mobilization:
1) Take the attention off the failure of Russia to hold any ground at all
2) Solve the recruiting problem they have had since jump.

I don't think they are after fielding a HUGE force in Ukraine. More likely they are looking to rotate out a bunch of exhausted and shell shocked dudes with fresh ones.

The problem with even that theory is they they don't have the transport resources for resupply. Let alone rotating guys in and out.

The idea of #1 is hilarious to me. Conscription, particularly in the way Russia is doing it, amplifies their failure so far.

If Russia has the capacity to rotate guys out, you would think they would be pulling back some veterans to train new guys, but I've seen reports that Russia has done the opposite by stripping out training cadres and sending those guys to the front.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:06:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bikedamon] [#5]
Originally Posted By Erno86:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vrxC5Addi8
View Quote

Thanks for sharing.

Even Erdogan recently said Russia needs to give Ukraine back all the territory they have taken, including Crimea, which I was surprised to hear him say.

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:07:06 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

What's really funny in a sad way is that to a lot of Russian troops those guys are specially trained. They got more than zero training.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:07:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By K0UA:

a "comfort" pig?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By K0UA:
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

I figured it was being sent as...."entertainment"

a "comfort" pig?

Russian Joy Division
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:09:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Rumor is gaining steam. There would have to be a HUGE pile of credible evidence for me to believe this.  It is rather hilarious what NAFO is doing with this though.

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:10:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Do Romanian .mil jets normally fly into/out of Moldova?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:16:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Russians flee, protest as mobilization announced
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:17:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#11]
Drone hit on two sleeping Russians.  Russian soldiers, just go home.  Nothing in Ukraine is worth dying like this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/xla0hn/accurate_grenade_drop_on_two_sleeping_russian/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

France and Ukraine working on more CAESARs:

https://www.eurointegration.com.ua/eng/news/2022/09/22/7147313/

Video of Azovstal prisoner exchange:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/xl66tr/video_of_azovstals_heroes_exchange/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Finland files Intervention for Genocide in Ukraine with ICC:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/xl4up8/finland_has_filed_a_declaration_of_intervention/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Ukraine’s new biological weapon:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/xl3pon/ukraines_newest_uav_is_ready_to_drop_grenades_on/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Drone view of a GMLRS hit on small ammo dump - good view of the frag pattern and how devastating these are:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/xl2sjb/aerial_view_of_the_impact_moment_of_two_m31a1/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

EU will step up sanctions at meeting in mid-October in response to mobilization:

https://www.euractiv.com/section/europe-s-east/news/eu-foreign-ministers-agree-to-prepare-new-russia-sanctions-over-recent-escalation/

Macron criticizes nations staying “neutral” in the war:

https://www.politico.eu/article/macron-accuses-neutral-nations-complicity-russia-new-imperialism-ukraine-war-un-general-assembly/

Ukraine asks west to make clear their response to a nuclear attack on Ukraine:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/sep/21/kyiv-urges-west-to-spell-out-how-it-would-respond-to-russian-nuclear-strike

Twitter thread on Russia’s basic training process.  Mobilization is going to be a disaster.

https://twitter.com/markhertling/status/1572571676524838915?s=46&t=5XN2z_ZK9u0kGSIVWsR3_w

Petreus:  Russia waited too long to mobilize:

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/russia-cannot-generate-the-forces-it-needs
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:25:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

I’ve seen him for years and believe he is Finnish and I don’t believe he’s pro-Russian. He’s telling us how it’s supposed to work in Russia.
View Quote

Yeah. Jordan Peterson's doing the same thing.
Lot of people will be surprised.

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:31:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Drone hit on two sleeping Russians.  Russian soldiers, just go home.  Nothing in Ukraine is worth dying like this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/xla0hn/accurate_grenade_drop_on_two_sleeping_russian/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

[...]

View Quote

Jesus.  

The visibility into this war is nuts.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:36:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
I'm not real worried about price to some extent. I would love to buy some of each of those.
View Quote

I'd be in for some too if you're placing an order...
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:41:43 PM EDT
[#15]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FdM754BaEAEOMsw?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

probably more of a mobilization than the russian people were led to believe
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:43:49 PM EDT
[#16]

The idea of #1 is hilarious to me. Conscription, particularly in the way Russia is doing it, amplifies their failure so far.

If Russia has the capacity to rotate guys out, you would think they would be pulling back some veterans to train new guys, but I've seen reports that Russia has done the opposite by stripping out training cadres and sending those guys to the front.
View Quote

Yeah it seems obvious to you and me, right? I believe we've done that since WW2. Commander Josh shoots down 6 Jap fighters. "HEY! Let's send Commander Josh back to the Fighter Pilot Training facility and teach new pilots what he and his unit learned... and raise the overall standard of our pilots." But the totalitarian regimes just kept sending those guys right back out until they died and couldn't teach anybody anything anymore.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:44:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Jozsi:
There is a facebook group for Orcky expats in Budapest..... whining about the setup and I've been kicked out now as they all trying to figure out ways for their brothers....cousins....uncles....in getting out of Ockyland.

View Quote

I hope not too many end up in Budapest.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:46:45 PM EDT
[#18]
View All Quotes

One take away from that is if Vlad does decide to nuke UA, nothing will happen in response.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:47:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:

Yeah it seems obvious to you and me, right? I believe we've done that since WW2. Commander Josh shoots down 6 Jap fighters. "HEY! Let's send Commander Josh back to the Fighter Pilot Training facility and teach new pilots what he and his unit learned... and raise the overall standard of our pilots." But the totalitarian regimes just kept sending those guys right back out until they died and couldn't teach anybody anything anymore.
View Quote

The kill counts of those half dozen surviving German fighter aces, tho.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:47:38 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

Totalitarian regimes need to keep militaries week so they aren’t a threat to them…or anyone else.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:50:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By bikedamon:

Jesus.  

View All Quotes

[...]

Jesus.  

War is some fucked up shit. It's crazy the effort we pour into killing each other.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:51:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Prime:
Talk about a dude who’s seen some shit.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/0DC6DEBD-9021-4324-81EF-4324C5F4411E-2534671.jpg

Our Artem Dyblenko is at home! In the course of a large-scale exchange, Ukraine freed from Russian captivity the general director of the information agency "Ukrainian Media Group" Artem Dyblenko ("Crime.NET" and NikLife publications). Since 2014, Artem has been defending Ukraine in the ATO zone, including holding the defense of Donetsk Airport together with other "cyborgs". At the beginning of the full-scale Russian invasion, he went to the defense of Mariupol in the ranks of the 36th separate brigade of marines. In the ranks of the defenders of "Azovstal", he defended the city from the Russian invaders. For his military merits, Dyblenko twice became a Knight of the Order "For Courage". Now he, along with other Heroes of Azovstal, has been returned home. We are proud of our Hero and happy that he is home ❤️🇺🇦
View Quote

He's a stud for sure!  Honest question and I'm not trying to belittle them, but if Ukraine doesn't have a Navy, how can they have Marines?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:55:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Haub] [#23]
Originally Posted By DPeacher:

He's a stud for sure!  Honest question and I'm not trying to belittle them, but if Ukraine doesn't have a Navy, how can they have Marines?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DPeacher:
Originally Posted By Prime:
Talk about a dude who’s seen some shit.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/0DC6DEBD-9021-4324-81EF-4324C5F4411E-2534671.jpg

Our Artem Dyblenko is at home! In the course of a large-scale exchange, Ukraine freed from Russian captivity the general director of the information agency "Ukrainian Media Group" Artem Dyblenko ("Crime.NET" and NikLife publications). Since 2014, Artem has been defending Ukraine in the ATO zone, including holding the defense of Donetsk Airport together with other "cyborgs". At the beginning of the full-scale Russian invasion, he went to the defense of Mariupol in the ranks of the 36th separate brigade of marines. In the ranks of the defenders of "Azovstal", he defended the city from the Russian invaders. For his military merits, Dyblenko twice became a Knight of the Order "For Courage". Now he, along with other Heroes of Azovstal, has been returned home. We are proud of our Hero and happy that he is home ❤️🇺🇦

Ukraine does have a Navy. However, their fleet is almost non-existent in size. Mainly patrol boats and other small vessels now, until other larger ships arrive.

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:56:26 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

Yep.

And while the Russians seem poised to desperately throw hundreds of thousands of untrained conscripts into the grinder, the Ukrainians have somehow managed to rotate men to Poland and elsewhere to be trained by US/NATO troops.

That's quite the disparity.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:01:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Can anyone confirm? But I've seen some videos say "partial" mobilization is a complete farce. The Russians will take as many Russians to Conscription as their military deems necessary. So the 300k Ukraine is just a start
View Quote
Apparently, the order actually says up to 1,000,000, from a post earlier.  I can't see how the Russian people would be able to tell how many were taken across the country.  300k was probably a number they thought would cause less upheaval.  Just a guess.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:01:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:01:54 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote
I want Ukraine to win this. I want Russia to get spanked *hard* . . .

But just watching average Joes dying in a muddy hole is hard.  They are just men that in many cases got tossed into a woodchipper by a dictator.  

Seeing things like this make me want to go with the Curtis LeMay methodology.  Make war as horrible and brutal as possible to get it over with faster.  The faster we equip Ukraine to win, the fewer deaths that will occur in the long run on both sides.

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:03:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:04:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

How the HELL is that one guy still alive?
View All Quotes

How the HELL is that one guy still alive?

I think they both died.  I think the guy trying to hug Mr Tourniquet was badly injured by the blast while Mr Tourniquet either had more injuries than what he was trying to tie off, or he didn't get it tied off in time.  Pretty brutal/surreal to see him starting to flag.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:04:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:05:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:05:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:
Do Romanian .mil jets normally fly into/out of Moldova?
View Quote

Sometimes. More interesting is an MH60 looks to be harassing a ship outside of Kalingrad in international waters. Can't match up the ship tracking sites to the aircraft though. Anyone?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:06:22 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote
Imagine the German Luftwaffe training establishment with Galland, Rall, Kittel, et al as a lead instructor pilots?

US and allies often sent lead aces back to instruction duties. Axis and other opponents only rarely have done so.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:09:51 PM EDT
[#34]

Are those concussion or fragmentation grenades? Must the former, because there's very little blood.
View Quote

Either way, that's a sledge hammer in the gut.  

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:11:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By _disconnector_:
I want Ukraine to win this. I want Russia to get spanked *hard* . . .

But just watching average Joes dying in a muddy hole is hard.  They are just men that in many cases got tossed into a woodchipper by a dictator.  

Seeing things like this make me want to go with the Curtis LeMay methodology.  Make war as horrible and brutal as possible to get it over with faster.  The faster we equip Ukraine to win, the fewer deaths that will occur in the long run on both sides.

View Quote
Those in charge of Western countries dont want to win it..yet... they want to kill Russians.  That ideology is all together more dangerous because it allows for the opportunity for things to get out of hand.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:13:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By TheHunstman:

Small kitchen fire?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheHunstman:

Small kitchen fire?
Gas leak John?

Gas leak Jimmy.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:13:55 PM EDT
[#37]

Are those concussion or fragmentation grenades? Must the former, because there's very little blood.
View All Quotes

I think they both died.  I think the guy trying to hug Mr Tourniquet was badly injured by the blast while Mr Tourniquet either had more injuries than what he was trying to tie off, or he didn't get it tied off in time.  Pretty brutal/surreal to see him starting to flag.

HE frag rounds.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:15:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: doc540] [#38]
Just imagine the consequences when thousands of angry, reluctant conscripts with two week training when they have to face professional, well commanded Ukrainian units with accurate arty.

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:17:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Grendelsbane] [#39]
Sub hunt?

Edit - MH-60R over international waters off Kaliningrad
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:18:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:18:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
I'll have to watch this later but they a normally good .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hZoQ4xebGw
View Quote

That YT series is pretty good.  I wish they'd ditch the background music though.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:19:56 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

Imagine waking up from a nap to your leg getting blown off by a drone which then watches you cry and make the decision to lay there and die.

Should have stayed home.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:22:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#43]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
View Quote

Does anyone see any evidence of the mortuary part of this claim? Not seeing anything in the pictures, but I'm just a guy on the internet.

Maybe so, here's a video for comparison.

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:24:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
View Quote

Do they get counted KIA a second time?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:24:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Easterner:

Why not. It is Thursday after all.

всем пиздес

I'll drink to that with my new friend Bayraktar!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/IMG_20220922_195202_jpg-2535228.JPG
View Quote

You should sell some to us supporters to finance the war effort.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:25:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By burnka871:

Imagine waking up from a nap to your leg getting blown off by a drone which then watches you cry and make the decision to lay there and die.

Should have stayed home.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By burnka871:

Should have stayed home.

People making excuses about them and Putler need to always understand that THEY HAVE CHOICES.

Someday, I am going to do a video interview with my neighbor who is ex Soviet army from a region in the USSR where they have a Finno Ugric tribe that is cousins to Hungarians.

He was in Afghanistan and after 3 months he said FUCK THIS SHIT and took off.

Ended up in Hungary and has been here ever since.

What is my point.. you have a choice....you have options......

this man walked all the way from Afghanistan to Hungary somehow during the Commie times and got away with it.

He told me, everyone just ASSUMED he was on leave...and nobody checked if he was a deserter.

Same for entering Hungary.

YOU HAVE A CHOICE.. you can walk away from it...
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:25:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#47]

I heard the other day Israel was supplying Ukraine with anti-drone tech.

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:26:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:27:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By doc540:
Just imagine the consequences when thousands of angry, reluctant conscripts with two week training when they have to face professional, well commanded Ukrainian units with accurate arty.

View Quote

They gonna die fast?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:28:45 PM EDT
[#50]

I heard the other day Israelbwas supplying Ukraine with anti-drone tech.

View Quote

Hard to believe they'd be out in the field so quick.
They downed two yesterday, so whatever they're doing they're getting better at it.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5587
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top