BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5588
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 10/27/2021 8:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer]
It says it's been moved, but the link just takes me to the Community page. What gives?

This is now the active "shit (might be) is definitely happening in Ukraine" thread.

News links, thanks to BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
LINKS TO UKRAINIAN NEWS SOURCES IN ENGLISH

Kyiv Post

Ukrainian News

UKRInform

EUROMAIDEN PRESS

New Voice of Ukraine

Kyiv Independent

Ukraine World

InterFax Ukraine

UATV

Ukrainian Journal

Official Website of the President of Ukraine

Ukrainian Ministry of Defense

Save these links. I can't post all the headlines like I've done in the past - too much news and too often.
View Quote

Please @ me with additional stuff to be added here. I don't currently have time to properly curate this thread otherwise.

New news link c/o berettaguy:

Ukrainian Pravda
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/

Stop fake, anti - disinformation site:
https://www.stopfake.org/en/main/
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:43:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Whats up with these ghost pages?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:45:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
because many people at the front die from elementary blood loss.
View Quote

"Not to worry comrade! I have four hours of medic training!"
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:46:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Dracster:
"130-mm gun M-46N1 (modification of the Soviet gun M-46).

Croatia inherited 78 such guns from Yugoslavia, 15 of them were transferred to Ukraine along with shells."

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-09-22_02-51-18_jpg-2535062.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-09-22_02-51-19_jpg-2535064.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-09-22_02-51-17_jpg-2535067.JPG
View Quote

Need for personal sporting purposes.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:48:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Jack67:

I’d go all in that at least three do not. And I highly, highly doubt Taiwan does. It’s not an easy thing, nor is it easy to hide. I am not against it; I just don’t think that list is a good bet right now.
View Quote

Taiwan makes the semiconductors in most of our hardware.......albeit through Northrop Grumman and fissle material has been out there since 1992....
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:54:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:54:31 AM EDT
[#6]
It would seem that drones leak a bunch of EM.
I saw some guys using fatshark and dji displays.  Seems like an AA should be able to lock onto that fast and deliver a flak shot to it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:03:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
The Scottish have taken the field

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/390973/unknown-91-2533677.png
View Quote

lol
caber turret toss
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:04:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:10:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

I wonder if the Arf RussianStronk Brigade are going to make it out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Man those guys got quiet. Wonder if they are ok with the new crib in Turkey?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:11:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

I wonder if the Arf RussianStronk Brigade are going to make it out.
View Quote

Haven’t seen much from Russia_Stronk lately… did he get banned?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:12:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#11]

We managed to contact one of the protesting women and find out the circumstances of today's event. Kadyrov's warriors with women caught those who were still gathering on the perimeter of the square. Approximately 130 women were taken away and there were 3-5 Kadyrovites for each. Magomed Daudov was present in Grozny City Hall itself, chastising women (he is incapable of anything else). As a result, there were only a few Kadyrov’s mothers from the audience, who were taken separately and interrogated, and the rest were those who were afraid that their sons would be called to fight in Ukraine, as well as simply sympathizing for the people. Most were released, but their data was taken. There are also those who are still being held. PS During the interrogation, one of the women had an attack in the town hall, and she had to be taken to the hospital in a very bad condition.
https://t.me/IADAT/14438

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:15:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:

“Rifles will be available shortly…”
View Quote

Yeah, exactly that.
I don't know how much of what russia says is just absolute bullshit intended to cause a specific reaction. But even in this modern world, I think it is plausible that russia would tell piles of military age men in street clothes to get on the road and just keep walking until they get to the front line, then they will find a rifle when they get there. It's plausible. If they walk to the front lines they might get shot, if they walk away from the front lines they definitely will get shot.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:36:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Circuits:

We're getting to crazy levels of tactical/topographical fire control interaction when we start combining directed and autonomous drone infotakes and field scouting reports.

Basically, any mobile asset needs to not only be mobile, but *constantly* mobile. Get a fire mission, you plant and punch, then get back to scootin'. We need you again, you'll get new target coordinates over the net, plant, punch, rinse and repeat.

Very different from how we've conducted warfare in past decades.
View Quote

I think you are right. The old Fire Base is too vulnerable. Everything needs to move and move fast.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:36:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 4thUSMC:
Whats up with these ghost pages?[/qu

ote]My fault
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:38:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Stabilized footage of the HIMARS strike on the Grad and ammo supply.

https://gfycat.com/ringedwickedcrocodile
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:40:14 AM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:41:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#17]

Zoomed in to see the strike:

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:42:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By burnka871:

Lol either someone's fucking delusional or isn't being told the truth. They cannot equip that many dudes.
View Quote
equip?  lol.  You 10,000 guys get to share the rifle.  It is battle tested Mosin.  Best rifle for having.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:42:29 AM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:43:15 AM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:43:34 AM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

That's a barnyard animal that knows to never allow yourself to be taken to a secondary location

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:44:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Prime:

That's a barnyard animal that knows to never allow yourself to be taken to a secondary location

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Prime:

That's a smart piggy.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:45:09 AM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

Holy shit in the replies:
Trying to send Kim DotCom to the front?

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:49:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:54:38 AM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

The patch google translated to:
"Everyone is Fucked"
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:56:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#26]
Originally Posted By dcs12345:

"Everyone is Fucked"
View Quote

Thanks for translating, what a waste.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:57:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
I was having a hard time reconciling the news of 300,000 reservist and prior conscripts, but also news of them snatching people off the street.

This makes more sense.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
Originally Posted By Haub:

I was having a hard time reconciling the news of 300,000 reservist and prior conscripts, but also news of them snatching people off the street.

This makes more sense.

I thought the same, they are taking way more than 300000
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:59:19 AM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:02:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:04:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:04:49 PM EDT
[#31]
The protests in Iran escalate and seem to have legs. Serious disruption in the RusBlock will have Ukr war implications.

To curb it, the Ayatollahs cut the internet. That really backfired. Is Moscow burning today? IDK, but Tehran is.

Summary from AJ:
https://www.aljazeera.com/gallery/2022/9/22/photos-iran-protests-spread-as-internet-curbed

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/556465/441F5C0A-9238-4C18-933F-ABEC25244E19_png-2535120.JPG
View Quote

Dang!
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:05:04 PM EDT
[#32]
A number of personnel, mobilized citizens from many regions of Russia - from Yakutsk to Derbent, from Vladivostok to Anapa - gathered at the gates of the military enlistment offices.

Tough lessons about to be learned.

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:07:55 PM EDT
[#33]
The protests in Iran escalate and seem to have legs. Serious disruption in the RusBlock will have Ukr war implications.

To curb it, the Ayatollahs cut the internet. That really backfired. Is Moscow burning today? IDK, but Tehran is.

Summary from AJ:
https://www.aljazeera.com/gallery/2022/9/22/photos-iran-protests-spread-as-internet-curbed

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/556465/441F5C0A-9238-4C18-933F-ABEC25244E19_png-2535120.JPG
View Quote
If I recall correctly, protests really amped up there a few years ago, but were eventually squashed by a heavy handed response that included shooting and killing protesters.  I think they even used snipers to fire into crowds.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:10:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By 4thUSMC:
Whats up with these ghost pages?
View Quote

Software bug
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:10:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:

Haven't seen much from Russia_Stronk lately  did he get banned?
View Quote
Oswald found the local commissar has no internet.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:11:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By atavistic:

View All Quotes

Croatia inherited 78 such guns from Yugoslavia, 15 of them were transferred to Ukraine along with shells."

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-09-22_02-51-18_jpg-2535062.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-09-22_02-51-19_jpg-2535064.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-09-22_02-51-17_jpg-2535067.JPG

130mm is an interim oddball round.  They must have gone from 122mm, thought 130mm was good for a short time and then went to 152mm
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:17:04 PM EDT
[#37]

So all right and glorious to be Russian until it’s time for him to do Russian shit? Fucking blowhard coward.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:18:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: realwar] [#38]
Desperate Russian wives threaten to break their husbands' BONES so they are unfit to join war as thousands of men scramble to flee country with airports crammed and huge traffic jams after conscripts are given 'four hours to pack and leave'

Surge of flights leaving

Video

More
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:25:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:

1 left boot and they have to share the other with their battle comrade.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zam18th:
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:
300,000 men in BTR-60s and two left boots? Meh.

1 left boot and they have to share the other with their battle comrade.

"follow the man with the right boot, when he is shot, pick up the right boot and start fighting" new stalinggrad
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:27:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By weptek911:

So all right and glorious to be Russian until it’s time for him to do Russian shit? Fucking blowhard coward.
View All Quotes

There was about 9 hours of messages on his facebook page of his mind snapping when he got his notice to report for duty because the reality didn't match his delusions.   He decided that if they were drafting him, then the Russians were actually losing, then came the decision to leave country after his girlfriend wouldn't respond to his emotional needs.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:31:40 PM EDT
[#41]

I'm like 75% certain that's a parody account. I fuckin love it either way, hilarious stuff.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:31:59 PM EDT
[#42]

There was about 9 hours of messages on his facebook page of his mind snapping when he got his notice to report for duty because the reality didn't match his delusions.   He decided that if they were drafting him, then the Russians were actually losing, then came the decision to leave country after his girlfriend wouldn't respond to his emotional needs.
View All Quotes

Whatever the case may be - thank you for sharing that. It was a good morning laugh.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:34:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Looks like Putin is going to cause a new refugee crisis.

Definitely 4d level of chess going on.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:38:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack841] [#44]
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
130mm is an interim oddball round.  They must have gone from 122mm, thought 130mm was good for a short time and then went to 152mm
View Quote

I believe it was originally a naval gun converted for use on land due to its accuracy, since it was a gun back when there was a meaningful difference between guns and howitzers.  If I recall correctly, it was used as a corps or army asset for things like counter-battery, hq attacks, that sort of thing. I think the American 175mm was used for targets like that as well.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:38:10 PM EDT
[#45]

"Everyone is Fucked"
View All Quotes

"Everyone is Fucked"

Odd that it's written in English letters. Pizdem is like cunt. So it MEANS "everyone is fucked" but literal translation is more like "everyone is cunted".

Russian swearing is hilarious.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:38:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Kremlin Proposes Russian Airlines Buy Seized Western Jets by Vladimir Karnozov
- September 22, 2022, 9:12 AM

https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/air-transport/2022-09-22/kremlin-proposes-russian-airlines-buy-seized-western-jets?utm_content=222087180&utm_medium=social&hss_channel=tw-26333067

The Russian government has asked local airlines to weigh in on an idea to purchase Airbus and Boeing jets operating in the country from their Western lessors using money from the National Welfare Fund (NWF). Russian carriers continue to operate nearly 740 regional and commercial airliners owned by foreign lessors but forcefully kept in the country under the Kremlin’s order.

The Ministry of Transportation has distributed a letter on the subject to 20 key carriers. The responses from the airlines would help determine the feasibility of the plan.

In March, transportation minister Vitaly Saveliev approached the Russian government, asking for a decision on whether to buy approximately 500 foreign-made aircraft worth $20 billion from foreign lessors and banks. At the same time, he acknowledged difficulties with would-be transactions due to restrictions on financial operations with Russia imposed by the U.S. and EU.

The NWF would lend the money at a rate of 1.5 percent under a 15-year term. The airlines would have to repay the loans as a special measure to resolve the ongoing disputes with the foreign lessors. The ministry acknowledges potential difficulties associated with embedded risks and money transfers should all parties involved agree to the proposed plan.

The ministerial letter also asks the airlines to give their estimates of residual values of the leased jetliners in their fleets and offer opinions on whether it makes sense to purchase jets more than 20 years old.

Should the plan materialize, its practical implementation will likely not go farther than 500 jets because of the restrictions on financial transactions with the Russian governmental and commercial structures imposed by the U.S., the EU, and their allies worldwide. The EU has cleared European lessors to deal with the Russians only on financial lease contracts signed before the Russian invasion of Ukraine on February 24. Yet, Russian airlines have taken most of the Airbus and Boeing jets on operational lease terms. They acquired only 50 airliners under finance leases. However, Russian interests hope Washington and Brussels will consider waivers to resolve the matter.

In a separate move, the Ministry for Transportation has made “corrections” to its earlier decision on subsidies meant to cover Russian carriers’ operational losses resulting from the hostilities in Ukraine.

President Vladimir Putin voiced the need to subsidize local carriers in March. About three months later, the ministry selected 32 suitable airlines. Having analyzed their responses, the authorities decided to cut the initial budget of 100 billion roubles ($1.63 billion) for the whole of 2022 by some 3 billion roubles for each of the summer months because airline losses totaled less than expected. Aeroflot, which had been promised subsidies worth nearly 50 billion roubles, continues to receive them without correction.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:39:32 PM EDT
[#47]
View All Quotes

The 130 was the adoption of an in use naval gun and a longer range one at that.  The 130s were normally assigned to what would equate to the GS artillery to give them long range fires capability to both shape the battle field and to conduct counter-fires.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:46:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Taboot:
equip?  lol.  You 10,000 guys get to share the rifle.  It is battle tested Mosin.  Best rifle for having.
View Quote

It’d be nice to get cheap mosins again when this is all over and Russia has been defeated. Never been fired only dropped once.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:47:24 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

It is pretty obvious that the pig does not want to be conscripted to join the fight in Ukraine.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:48:11 PM EDT
[#50]

His profile.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Capta:

Who says he’s Finnish?

His profile.

There are plenty of shills with US profiles.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5588
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top