Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5589
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 10/27/2021 8:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer]
It says it's been moved, but the link just takes me to the Community page. What gives?

This is now the active "shit (might be) is definitely happening in Ukraine" thread.

News links, thanks to BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
LINKS TO UKRAINIAN NEWS SOURCES IN ENGLISH

Kyiv Post

Ukrainian News

UKRInform

EUROMAIDEN PRESS

New Voice of Ukraine

Kyiv Independent

Ukraine World

InterFax Ukraine

UATV

Ukrainian Journal

Official Website of the President of Ukraine

Ukrainian Ministry of Defense

Save these links. I can't post all the headlines like I've done in the past - too much news and too often.
View Quote

Please @ me with additional stuff to be added here. I don't currently have time to properly curate this thread otherwise.

New news link c/o berettaguy:

Ukrainian Pravda
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/

Stop fake, anti - disinformation site:
https://www.stopfake.org/en/main/
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 9:13:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Prime:

The SSO of the Armed Forces of Ukraine conveys congratulations from ENERGODAR 🇺🇦
GLORY TO UKRAINE!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/Energodar_JPG-2535034.jpg
View Quote

Energodar? I hope that means they're staging to take back Zaporizhzhia NPP.

Slava Ukraini
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 9:16:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:
I think the Russians are holding out for this winter to sue for peace.

Putin, if he's smart, will realize that going into this winter the territory that Russia holds is about as much as it's going to hold, ever inside Ukraine.  The winter and absence of Russian natural gas in Central Europe will put pressure on NATO.  The poor harvest in Ukraine and of course the destruction of buildings within it will make this winter very hard for the people of Ukraine.   Putin will probably see this winter, January or February time frame as the most opportune time to approach Ukraine/NATO with a peace deal that allows him to get recognition of the sovereignty of the Donetsk People's Republic and Crimea.  If Putin can "win" the freedom of the DPR he can take that to his people and say "I protected ethnic Russians, destroyed the NAZI Azov Battalion, and weakened Ukraine so that it will not present a threat to Russia (arguable, but he could sell that domestically). " Putin could admit that issues of corruption that he was not aware of had come to light during the conflict and did hamper some of Russia's goals, but argue that the overall campaign was still a success and discovery of those issues as it so happens were necessary to the future strength of Russia.  

View Quote

Nah. There is so much wrong with this statement. Putin just released the leaders of the Azov battalion. How is Ukraine going to be short on food with the entirety of NATO bringing supplies in? There will be no peace treaty with Russia. Ukraine wants what’s there’s and I think NATO agrees.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 9:24:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
Improved anti-drone technology

A loitering drone that detects other drones, and takes them out with something
Improved frequency jamming
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By j_hooker:
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

not really, when used in firebases like we did in afghanistan that covered an AO, towed artillery worked perfect. But if you are moving frontlines and shooting and moving then mobile artillery is King.  An army needs both to be effective

Stationary for drone attacks

Already have that.

https://techlinkcenter.org/technologies/emp-interceptor-drone/3142e6f8-237d-4ad1-a600-e4c137efb2d9

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 9:30:47 AM EDT
[#4]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

not really, when used in firebases like we did in afghanistan that covered an AO, towed artillery worked perfect. But if you are moving frontlines and shooting and moving then mobile artillery is King.  An army needs both to be effective

Already have that.

https://techlinkcenter.org/technologies/emp-interceptor-drone/3142e6f8-237d-4ad1-a600-e4c137efb2d9

CUAS is one of the “wicked problems” IDd by DoD years ago, there has been a lot of work done on the subject, but very little is discussable in public.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 9:33:22 AM EDT
[#5]
"130-mm gun M-46N1 (modification of the Soviet gun M-46).

Croatia inherited 78 such guns from Yugoslavia, 15 of them were transferred to Ukraine along with shells."

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 9:34:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By R0N:

CUAS is one of the “wicked problems” IDd by DoD years ago, there has been a lot of work done on the subject, but very little is discussable in public.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By R0N:

Already have that.

I know, your certainly correct on that point.  It's one of the more interesting discussions based on technologies involved and solving an interesting and complex problem.   Most people think the U.S. is going to be helpless against an enemy drone army, but the program I linked to is literally one of many that have working designs to already counter these threats.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 9:37:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 9:38:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 9:39:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 9:40:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#10]

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 9:46:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Lost one of my Russian sources.  

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 9:47:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 9:50:47 AM EDT
[#13]

So stronk!, so highly motivated...

They may want to remember these steps when they get into Ukraine.

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 9:52:26 AM EDT
[#14]
United States Army Awards AeroVironment $20.6 Million Switchblade 300 Tactical Missile Systems Contract

ARLINGTON, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--AeroVironment, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVAV), a global leader in intelligent, multi-domain robotic systems, today announced it received a $20,602,464 firm-fixed-price contract award on Aug. 18, 2022 from the U.S. Army Tactical Aviation and Ground Munitions (TAGM) project office for the procurement of Switchblade® 300 tactical missile systems (TMS). The contract will be managed by the U.S. Army Contracting Command, Redstone Arsenal and is scheduled to be delivered by July 2023.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 9:53:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 9:54:41 AM EDT
[#16]

Optionally manned.

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 9:55:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 9:56:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 9:58:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

Wow. The Ukranians have a lot of work left ahead of them.
They need all the long range projectiles we can give them so they can destroy all food and ammo transport hubs. It's a lot easier to defeat an army that wants to give up.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stone-age:
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
Zeihan's take on the mobilization fresh off the presses...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt6sfPf1Z_Q

Wow. The Ukranians have a lot of work left ahead of them.
They need all the long range projectiles we can give them so they can destroy all food and ammo transport hubs. It's a lot easier to defeat an army that wants to give up.

ZEIHAN, PRISON VOLUNTEERS, AND MOBILIZATION:

Zeihan’s expertise and strength is in macro economics and specificity global commodities, plus demographics.  

He is not wrong about Russia’a rapidly collapsing demographic: military age males.  

He has not, to my knowledge, addressed these factors (which all weigh against Russia’s future):

Prisoners:  pages back, documents were posted showing the Russian prison volunteers will NOT be fighting in Ukraine.  They will instead be given logistical grunt-work, in order to free-up able-bodied non-criminals to fight (and die) at the front.  This means,

- the prison population will be the men who survive, and later return to Russia as free men.  Meanwhile, Russia’s best will be maimed, killed, or forever scared by PTSD upon return.  What does that add to the prediction for Russia’s future?  Only criminals will reproduce, and they are most likely to pass on their psychopathic tendencies to what is left of the next generation.

Mobilization:  Russia’s brightest, most educated men are fleeing Russia. That “brain drain” will have devastating consequences for Russia’s future, and even worse consequences for the next generation.  We talk about “generational poverty” here in the west; Russia will face generational poverty and generational stupidity as their brightest minds all flee, instead of raising intelligent children in Russia.

But not all intelligent Russians will flee; some will resort to another way out: corruption.  Those from wealthy successful families will bribe their way out of conscription.  While the moral Russians will flee to all corners of the Slavic-speaking world (and beyond), who’s left in Russia?  The corrupt and corrupted.  Russia was already a “kleptocracy” (a governing system based on theft and corruption).  That corruption is about to get exponentially worse.

We in the west had an existing duty and moral responsibility to funnel as much aid as possible to the Ukrainians, and train them to the greatest extent possible, as fast as is practicable.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 9:59:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By burnka871:

That escalated quickly lololol
View All Quotes
So he's basically fleeing the country? How does that even work?

Can people still "defect"?

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:00:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:02:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#22]
Video of the new Slovak 155-mm / 52 self-propelled howitzer Zuzana 2 received by the Armed Forces of Ukraine
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:03:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By torstin:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By torstin:

Russia is a big place, seems like he may have gotten across the border in a thinly populated area through wilderness, and perhaps rode his suitcase across a river.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:04:27 AM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:06:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Yasinuvata.

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:08:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Haub:

View Quote

Lol either someone's fucking delusional or isn't being told the truth. They cannot equip that many dudes.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:09:40 AM EDT
[#27]

actual translated document from Igor.

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:09:52 AM EDT
[#28]

View Quote
I was having a hard time reconciling the news of 300,000 reservist and prior conscripts, but also news of them snatching people off the street.

This makes more sense.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:12:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Ukraine government trolling this morning on lend lease.

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:12:29 AM EDT
[#30]

Whoa… is Olga doing Opposite Day?
View Quote

What I got out of it was Russians shouldn’t lie to themselves that HIMARS is a shit weapon that isn’t making a difference and the rout they just suffered was all according to plan. They have to admit they are in a knife fight in a phone booth ( my words) it’s difficult , and deal with it accordingly. I took it as an anti-copium speech, she’s still a believer though.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:13:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:13:49 AM EDT
[#32]

Emoji

...anxious

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:16:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#33]
Drone footage reported to be watching the receiving end of a HIMARS strike on a Grad site with ammo dump.   Looks like two rounds used.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/xl22ka/ukrainian_himars_strikes_on_a_russian_grad_ammo/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:19:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By weptek911:

What I got out of it was Russians shouldn’t lie to themselves that HIMARS is a shit weapon that isn’t making a difference and the rout they just suffered was all according to plan. They have to admit they are in a knife fight in a phone booth ( my words) it’s difficult , and deal with it accordingly. I took it as an anti-copium speech, she’s still a believer though.
View Quote

Yes, she was just ripping off a band-aid, not getting woke. Nothing really controversial there. It’s
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:21:20 AM EDT
[#35]

Lol either someone's fucking delusional or isn't being told the truth. They cannot equip that many dudes.
View All Quotes

They'll be marching into Ukraine on foot with empty Mosin-Nagants, T-34s, T-54s, and T-55s
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:21:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:22:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:22:07 AM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

I have known about the explosively pumped EMP generators for around 20 years now. I read a white paper once that it would only take 3 of them in space over the US to destroy every electronic thing we have. I guess they have figured out a way to make it smaller to only destroy an area?  Still anything on the ground in the area electronics wise would be zapped. It is a scary thing to even think about. Somewhat scarier than atomic weapons in many ways.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:24:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Drone footage reported to be watching the receiving end of a HIMARS strike on a Grad site with ammo dump.   Looks like two rounds used.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/xl22ka/ukrainian_himars_strikes_on_a_russian_grad_ammo/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
View Quote

Man, how I love secondaries in the morning.

Jinky footage but the cook-offs make it worthwhile. Great shooting.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:26:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By omar:

On the other hand, Russian nuclear use - and the breaking of the taboo of their use in place since WWII - may motivate technologically developed nations such as Japan, Taiwan, Korea, Brazil and others to develop their own nuclear capability, thereby enlarging the "nuclear club" in a relatively short period of time.
View Quote

I would bet $10 million to your $1 that 3 of those have assemble/break glass in case of emergency, nukes right now.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:29:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack67] [#41]
Originally Posted By NEXT23:

I would bet $10 million to your $1 that 3 of those have assemble/break glass in case of emergency, nukes right now.
View Quote

I’d go all in that at least three do not. And I highly, highly doubt Taiwan does. It’s not an easy thing, nor is it easy to hide. I am not against it; I just don’t think that list is a good bet right now.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:29:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By K0UA:

I have known about the explosively pumped EMP generators for around 20 years now. I read a white paper once that it would only take 3 of them in space over the US to destroy every electronic thing we have. I guess they have figured out a way to make it smaller to only destroy an area?  Still anything on the ground in the area electronics wise would be zapped. It is a scary thing to even think about. Somewhat scarier than atomic weapons in many ways.
View Quote

Yes, it can be controlled to localized areas, notice it said the output pulse was in the Terawatt range from a drone.  There are other systems that can direct the beam of EMP energy and fire off hundreds of times as well on some of our cruise missiles.  Look up CHAMP and HiJINKS if your interested.

I think the EMP thing is overblown in regards to US military equipment, especially our military satellite systems.  They were all made with some heavy EMP protection.

I can only state in the most general of terms, that even our optical military satellites have serious protection from space based nuclear blasts.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:32:10 AM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

“Rifles will be available shortly…”
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:32:52 AM EDT
[#44]

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:35:51 AM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By omar:

On the other hand, Russian nuclear use - and the breaking of the taboo of their use in place since WWII - may motivate technologically developed nations such as Japan, Taiwan, Korea, Brazil and others to develop their own nuclear capability, thereby enlarging the "nuclear club" in a relatively short period of time.

They'd be fools to not have done that.
Russia is showing how powerful an influence
having nukes is.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:36:33 AM EDT
[#46]

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:36:58 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By realwar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-iL3gKU1cg
View Quote

Luke warm.
Unfortunately he didn't say anything and also he is not an inspirational orator. He is a luke warm old guy repeating the words that describe the current situation everybody is already aware of.

Russia is going to continue to escalate until they win or until their back is broken. It's coming. I hope people who are smarter than me are ready.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:37:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#48]

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:38:40 AM EDT
[#49]
The protests in Iran escalate and seem to have legs. Serious disruption in the RusBlock will have Ukr war implications.

To curb it, the Ayatollahs cut the internet. That really backfired. Is Moscow burning today? IDK, but Tehran is.

Summary from AJ:
https://www.aljazeera.com/gallery/2022/9/22/photos-iran-protests-spread-as-internet-curbed

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:39:51 AM EDT
[#50]

There is a blackout on info in the South, and Operational command usually waits up to 30 days before releasing videos, so we may get a flood of interesting videos in a few weeks.
View Quote

Ah, I was wondering what was going on. There was a blackout for a while then there was a tidalwave of new reports as ukraine was taking ground, taking ground, taking ground. Now things have slowed down again.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5589
Top Top