Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5585
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 10/27/2021 8:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer]
It says it's been moved, but the link just takes me to the Community page. What gives?

This is now the active "shit (might be) is definitely happening in Ukraine" thread.

News links, thanks to BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
LINKS TO UKRAINIAN NEWS SOURCES IN ENGLISH

Kyiv Post

Ukrainian News

UKRInform

EUROMAIDEN PRESS

New Voice of Ukraine

Kyiv Independent

Ukraine World

InterFax Ukraine

UATV

Ukrainian Journal

Official Website of the President of Ukraine

Ukrainian Ministry of Defense

Save these links. I can't post all the headlines like I've done in the past - too much news and too often.
View Quote

Please @ me with additional stuff to be added here. I don't currently have time to properly curate this thread otherwise.

New news link c/o berettaguy:

Ukrainian Pravda
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/

Stop fake, anti - disinformation site:
https://www.stopfake.org/en/main/
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 6:33:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Zam18th:

And he'll probably change his mind tomorrow.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
Even Scholz is on the fuck Russia train. Enough is enough

Took him 7 months.

And he'll probably change his mind tomorrow.

An hour later.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 6:33:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Curious as to what today will bring
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 6:34:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:
I just can't see where throwing an additional 300,000 unmotivated mobilization reservists at this problem is going to help Russia.
View Quote

Apparently the demographic devastation that has already been imposed on the DPR and LPR so that a few hundred thousand conscripts with no training and pathetic equipment could be thrown into the meat grinder was so worth it that it's time for Russia to get a taste as well.

Of course the russian conscripts do, at least, have a few months of training. On the other hand, they have a few months of being beaten and raped by their NCOs. You'd also expect them to have better equipment but whether those equipment stocks exist and, if so, are in any kind of serviceable condition remains to be seen.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 6:35:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Need to stop paying any attention to Putin whatsoever and continue to give Ukraine the tools they need to push Russia out of ALL of their territory including Crimea.

He’s the aggressor, he doesn’t get to dictate to the rest of the world only to his unfortunate subjects.

When the shooting stops, fast track Ukraine into NATO; they will have the largest combat effective army in Europe.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 6:38:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By MNGearhead:
Looks like if Iran is getting involved, Israel will get involved.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/xjtvd4/israel_allows_transfer_of_advanced_antidrone/
View Quote

Israel would love a reason’to demolish Iran.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 6:39:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By PanzerOfDoom:
Need to stop paying any attention to Putin whatsoever and continue to give Ukraine the tools they need to push Russia out of ALL of their territory including Crimea.

He’s the aggressor, he doesn’t get to dictate to the rest of the world only to his unfortunate subjects.

When the shooting stops, fast track Ukraine into NATO; they will have the largest combat effective army in Europe.
View Quote

Not just the largest combat effective, the most experienced army fighting the threat nato was intended to combat, the Soviet Union and Russia.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 6:40:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By kncook:

View Quote

They've been rather lackluster lately
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 6:43:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Putin is an aging dictator.  He is acting like elderly kings have done forever, make one last big play for adding something to his legacy.  He was going to make Ukraine his golden years acquisition for his own glory.  Now that his legacy is in shambles, and he is embarrassed to the point of potentially being dethroned, he is going to do absolutely anything to try to reverse things,  this means all costs, even his own life, never mind the lives of the people he rules.  It’s victory and personal adulation and all that goes with it, or it’s death.  That’s where we are at.  If there were ever a justification to assassinate a world leader, Putin has earned it, and billions of lives are on the line.   Putin must die as soon as possible.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 6:44:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Maybe Karelia can have a sham referendum and (re)join Finland? If the rashists reject the sham, point to the LPR and DNR shams.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 6:44:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

I have no idea why they think germany is the decisionmakers behind this.
But go ahead. Go ahead and keep saying that you are going to hit nato nations with nukes. Go ahead and convince them.
View Quote

Germany is probably the most influential power within the European Union (EU).  That power only increased after Brexit.

The decision to provide (or withhold) military aid to Ukraine belongs exclusively to the German government, not NATO.

While outwardly the German aid has been considered “too little, too late” (and their military is comparatively weak for their size), do not underestimate the German contribution:

- much of their aid was “in kind” to other EU nations, who then donated more of their own military equipment to Ukraine (much of it originally Russian, which Ukrainians have been long trained to use) .

This sort of aid is necessitated by certain German laws (which are absurdly complex), but more so by German politics.  No one in Germany cares what they give away to Slovakia.  Or Romania, or the Baltics.

Besides, threatening Germany fits the Russians absurd “nazis!” narrative, which the average Russian still believes.

Link Posted: 9/21/2022 6:46:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By trio:
So there it is .we'll hold phony elections that make Kherson and Zaporizhzhia part of Russia, and when the Ukrainian counter offensive gets there we can now say they've invaded Russia and Nuke them. That's exactly where this is headed.

I, for one, did not want to live in interesting times
View Quote
They don't even control 100% of any of these 4 oblast.

Wife said why don't they just do a referendum for Kyiv too
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 6:52:57 AM EDT
[#12]
https://twitter.com/MarkHertling/status/1572295602590912513

Let me get this straight:
1. Russia thought their "special operation" would last 3 days.
2. After 2 months of fighting with Spetsnaz, Airborne & 190+ BTGs, they achieved NONE of their Strategic, Operational or Tactical Objectives.
3. Based on #2, they decided to shift....their main effort to the Donbas, where they expended 70+% of their precision munitions hitting civilian targets, while failing to gain any significant military objectives.
4. Then, Putin announced RUF would secure Luhans'k & Donetsk by 15 September.
5. RU "mobilized"...the LPR & DPR militias, "recruited" prisoners, "drafted" locals, asked for soldiers from other countries & brought in the Wagner Group to execute #4.
6. But, after announcing & then delaying the Kherson referendum & under threat of a UKR offensive in Kherson..RU generals shifted effort from Donbas to Kherson due to threat of a UKR offensive.
7. After RU shifted forces as described in #6, UA instead conducted a Kharkiv offensive, gaining the equivalent of the land mass of Rhode Island & Delaware while capturing a
Brigades worth of Russian tanks & BMPs and killing hundreds of RU soldiers.
8. Though now "paused" in Kharkiv, UA continues to execute attacks in Kherson, is slowly gaining ground in Donetsk, while threatening Melitopol.
9. While this is happening, ships from the RU Navy - the "pride of the Black Sea" - are repositioning from their base in Sevastopol into the Azov for "security reasons" & RU subs are launching Kalibr missiles at UKR infrastructure.

And - here's my point - after all of this, Putin's response is to INCREASE punishment for deserters & execute a partial mobilization of 18-60 year old men (who didn't get much training the first time around &
who will serve as "cannon meat") and continue this madness?  
If this is an accurate summary of the last 210 days, Putin - and his supporters, generals & Army - will surely go down in history.  

But not in a good way.  
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 6:53:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Already posted by other means, but I like seeing the number of dead orcs. It gives me satisfaction. Sorry, not sorry, to the Russian trolls creeping here.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/21/2022 6:55:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
Originally Posted By trio:
So there it is .we'll hold phony elections that make Kherson and Zaporizhzhia part of Russia, and when the Ukrainian counter offensive gets there we can now say they've invaded Russia and Nuke them. That's exactly where this is headed.

I, for one, did not want to live in interesting times

I expect partisans to step it up either way. All will be Ukraine no matter what sham they try.

Слава Україні 💙💛
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 6:56:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Scott-S6:

Apparently the demographic devastation that has already been imposed on the DPR and LPR so that a few hundred thousand conscripts with no training and pathetic equipment could be thrown into the meat grinder was so worth it that it's time for Russia to get a taste as well.

Of course the russian conscripts do, at least, have a few months of training. On the other hand, they have a few months of being beaten and raped by their NCOs. You'd also expect them to have better equipment but whether those equipment stocks exist and, if so, are in any kind of serviceable condition remains to be seen.
View All Quotes
I just can't see where throwing an additional 300,000 unmotivated mobilization reservists at this problem is going to help Russia.

From what I’ve seen in the news this morning, the Russian partial mobilization is limited to recalling military veterans back into service. The 300k will be a cut above raw untrained conscripts.  However, I feel that materially, they will be under-equipped, poorly supported, and still fall under an ineffective chain of command.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 7:00:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sq40] [#16]
If anyone wants to hear only the Putin address in full, its 12 minutes. It’s dubbed in English by SkyNews.

Putin announces partial military mobilisation in address to Russia
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 7:19:10 AM EDT
[#17]
I rewatched the BBC video and captured these statements:

In summary:

Putin said: "The West and NATO are working to destroy and divide us…. First the Soviet Union and now Russia…. Helping Ukraine destroy the Republics of Donetsk and Lukhansk…. Our fighters are brave and patriotic…. However, for the defense of our motherland…. I find it necessary to support the recommendations of our Ministry of Defense of a partial mobilization held in the Russian Federation…. I stress it is partial mobilization…. Only those conscripted are those currently in the Reserves and those who previously served in the Army with certain military professions…. These all will be given additional military training with emphasis on the Special Military Operation… I have signed the decree of partial mobilization…the state assembly and the Duma will be informed…these mobilization events shall start today 21 September…I task the regional authorities to provide all necessary assistance to the military commissariats… those called up for this conscription will be given all the military benefits as those currently serving under contract….this decree gives additional powers to assist the state procurement of additional materials for defense…the West has stated and plans to give Ukraine weapons with the ability to hit regions of Russia and that is already happening by attacking the Belgorod area and using strategic drones and reconnaissance across Russian borders… There are plans in Washington DC and Brussels (NATO HQs) to move the action onto Russian territory… They are talking about defeat of Russia on the battlefield and complete destruction of the Russian culture and history… Ukraine has shelled the nuclear power plant… high level European representatives have talked about using nuclear weapons against Russia…I remind those who allow such statements that Russia also has various weapons of mass destruction and some are more modern than the NATO weapons… and if the territorial autonomy of Russia threatened we will certainly use all the means available to us… “and I’m not bluffing”… Russian citizens can be certain of the territorial integrity of our Motherland and that our freedom and independence can be assured…those threatening us with nuclear weapons should know that the tables can be turned on them… in our history and tradition our people respond to protect the Motherland, I believe in your support"

From what I get this is a soft mobilization and Putin is saying this was the Ministry of Defense's recommendation and request. He is setting up the MoD leadership as the scapegoat.

Link Posted: 9/21/2022 7:19:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ServusVeritatis] [#18]
Originally Posted By sq40:

From what I’ve seen in the news this morning, the Russian partial mobilization is limited to recalling military veterans back into service. The 300k will be a cut above raw untrained conscripts.  However, I feel that materially, they will be under-equipped, poorly supported, and still fall under an ineffective chain of command.
View All Quotes

Russia is already fielding T62s

What are they going to give these new armies? T55s or T34s?

They sent in 200k of their active and best troops with their best equipment at the beginning of the war.

It’s been decimated. In less than 7 months.

Ukraine wasn’t mobilized and up until the day it happened wasn’t willing to admit Russia would invade. Now they have momentum.

In 3 months the 300k mobilized troops will be an afterthought…..already gone.

Remmber the Russian 3rd Army Corp they raised to plug the gaps at Kharkiv? It was supposedly as much as 60,000 men (they say) but “dissolved” in 7 days after entering the front.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 7:30:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PMB1086] [#19]
Are you ready to die in Ukraine?
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 7:34:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Grendelsbane:

Forte 10 is up, but it’s still climbing before heading in theater.  We will see in a few hours if it goes dark as it reaches the Black Sea.
View All Quotes

For all of them? If the report is accurate, from what I've seen, it would be notable. Waiting to see confirmation/opinions from the aircraft watchers.

My guess is sending a message to Moscow. They could also want to be prepared just in case, based on whatever intel they may have. No sense broadcasting your position.

The Artemis Challenger 650 is up right now (although it never does identify as .mil)

Forte 10 is up, but it’s still climbing before heading in theater.  We will see in a few hours if it goes dark as it reaches the Black Sea.

Not only are  NATO aircraft squawking near Ukraine, they appear to have slightly upped the ante vs the recent norms.

Forte 10 is squawking over the Black Sea, and has been joined by a a Rivet Joint also squawking.  There is an EP-3 up near over southeast Romania, the Challenger 650 is doing its usual laps just north of it.  

There is a NATO E3 orbiting in Poland’s eastern border.

There are a pair of B-52’s orbiting over northern Sweden.

Link Posted: 9/21/2022 7:35:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Let's see what happens with Putin poll numbers if/when he starts taking kids out of Moscow/St. Petersburg homes.  It's one thing to say you support him when the fighting and dying is being done by individuals from far away relatively obscure lands.   When it doesn't affect one's daily routine outside of some empty shelves at the grocery store.

It's an entirely different scenario when they look across the dinner table and see an empty chair where their son used to sit.  

From what I'm seeing, Putin hasn't yet crossed that line to mobilize youth from those two major cities.  Which means he's still not wiling to go all in, stop gap measure only at this point.  

This latest BS is nothing more than biding time and lining up scapegoats for Russia's eventual failure.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 7:56:04 AM EDT
[#22]
The EU is price fixing energy for businesses and residents starting in October. It will roughly half the potential energy costs that people were expecting and result in small increases in energy costs.  According to Sky News.
View Quote

Sometimes the euros have us absolutely beat.

The possibility of a cold winter, well the businesses are going to take it on the chin
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 7:57:17 AM EDT
[#23]

They sent in 200k of their active and best troops with their best equipment at the beginning of the war.

Ukraine wasn’t mobilized and up until the day it happened wasn’t willing to admit Russia would invade. Now they have momentum.

Remmber the Russian 3rd Army Corp they raised to plug the gaps at Kharkiv? It was supposedly as much as 60,000 men (they say) but “dissolved” in 7 days after entering the front.
View All Quotes

I’m in full agreement.

Russia does have some newer equipment that it can pull from other areas, but it will leave them defenseless on their borders. It would be dangerous, but I think they will do it to try to save face.  They WILL loose this equipment too in Ukraine. The bleeding of Russia will continue.

I personally think Russia will concentrate on holding Crimea and will ultimately be forced to leave eastern Ukraine if this stays conventional and doesn’t escalate to a war with NATO.  Ukraine will have a tough time reclaiming Crimea but eventually will.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 8:01:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 8:10:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Putin is an aging dictator.  He is acting like elderly kings have done forever, make one last big play for adding something to his legacy.  He was going to make Ukraine his golden years acquisition for his own glory.  Now that his legacy is in shambles, and he is embarrassed to the point of potentially being dethroned, he is going to do absolutely anything to try to reverse things,  this means all costs, even his own life, never mind the lives of the people he rules.  It’s victory and personal adulation and all that goes with it, or it’s death.  That’s where we are at.  If there were ever a justification to assassinate a world leader, Putin has earned it, and billions of lives are on the line.   Putin must die as soon as possible.
View Quote

Agreed.  Putin is going to use nukes, chemical and biological weapons.  People keep think he’s just going to send these new 300,000 men into the meat grinder. He’s all in at this point. It’s win or die. So the nasty weapons that everyone says he won’t use will be used.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 8:13:28 AM EDT
[#26]

I’m in full agreement.

Russia does have some newer equipment that it can pull from other areas, but it will leave them defenseless on their borders. It would be dangerous, but I think they will do it to try to save face.  They WILL loose this equipment too in Ukraine. The bleeding of Russia will continue.

I personally think Russia will concentrate on holding Crimea and will ultimately be forced to leave eastern Ukraine if this stays conventional and doesn’t escalate to a war with NATO.  Ukraine will have a tough time reclaiming Crimea but eventually will.
View Quote

One of the possible outcomes to this whole thing has always been the wheels coming off for Russia in other places besides Ukraine.  Russia has had a lid on a few things, and if one of those were to boil over I could see dominos falling, and Russia pulling back forces in other areas to throw into Ukraine could do just that.  Armenia/Azer is already cooking.  Imagine if unrest in Kazakhstan and/or Belarus flared up again, both of which are still raw from recent episodes.  Toss in Chechnya and Georgia and things would be way out of Putin's control.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 8:16:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Guess they gonna break out the mosin's and T34's to equip this new elite fighting force they are going to assemble? Maybe T55's if they are lucky, lol.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 8:24:26 AM EDT
[#28]
It just started listening to this.  So far it's interesting.

Putin''s Mobilization Will Be a Disaster - Ukraine War Special

Link Posted: 9/21/2022 8:26:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Chemical weapons will be used first I think,  after the fake referendum.  Putin will use some nasty shit, it will shock the world but what can the west do really?
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 8:27:00 AM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MNGearhead:
Looks like if Iran is getting involved, Israel will get involved.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/xjtvd4/israel_allows_transfer_of_advanced_antidrone/

More likely, they want some real world feedback on how well their anti drone weapons work on Iranian drones.  There's probably some Jewish geek in the program who is, right now, trying to figure out how to hack the Iranian drones and make them attack their controllers.  And he will probably succeed before long.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 8:32:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Back Off 10 klicks and nuke 'em until they glow©

When was the last time that phrase was used
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 8:34:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By cwm1150:
Guess they gonna break out the mosin's and T34's to equip this new elite fighting force they are going to assemble? Maybe T55's if they are lucky, lol.
View Quote
Are the going to announce a Mosin buyback program at the US Embassies?

As for the transponder issue, keep in mind that everything you see on the ADSB Exchange & PiAware is voluntary and provided over the internet. The there are a dozen ways to lose the info stream. It doesn't mean planes have turned off their transponders en mass. It may even be intentional to prevent the enemy from using it to their advantage which is one reason a certain amount of error is introduced into the data.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 8:34:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Dominion21:

Germany is probably the most influential power within the European Union (EU).  That power only increased after Brexit.

The decision to provide (or withhold) military aid to Ukraine belongs exclusively to the German government, not NATO.

While outwardly the German aid has been considered “too little, too late” (and their military is comparatively weak for their size), do not underestimate the German contribution:

- much of their aid was “in kind” to other EU nations, who then donated more of their own military equipment to Ukraine (much of it originally Russian, which Ukrainians have been long trained to use) .

This sort of aid is necessitated by certain German laws (which are absurdly complex), but more so by German politics.  No one in Germany cares what they give away to Slovakia.  Or Romania, or the Baltics.

Besides, threatening Germany fits the Russians absurd “nazis!” narrative, which the average Russian still believes.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dominion21:
Originally Posted By stone-age:

I have no idea why they think germany is the decisionmakers behind this.
But go ahead. Go ahead and keep saying that you are going to hit nato nations with nukes. Go ahead and convince them.

If they want to be true patriots..

Stop driving German and Japanese vehicles..

Drive a Tata or Lada....for babushka Putin.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 8:50:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
Chemical weapons will be used first I think,  after the fake referendum.  Putin will use some nasty shit, it will shock the world but what can the west do really?
View Quote

Launch an air assault on all their land assets in Ukraine and sink all their stuff in the black sea.

Keep b52's and b2's in the air running racetracks a long the Baltics.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 8:55:06 AM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

Well, there's this large NATO and US Military that might be able to do something about it.  Also a lot of Russian naval vessels might suddenly meet some Western anti-ship missiles.

Do you really think the west will sit down and watch WMDs employed in Europe and do nothing?
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 8:56:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#36]
Originally Posted By Francisco_dAnconia:
I bet it would be even more "spectacular" if you were the target.

I don't recall seeing footage of this type of weapon before.  My initial impression, especially with that background music, is that it looked beautiful, like Tinkerbell spreading pixie dust over the town.  Now that know what the weapon is and what it looks like it doesn't look as fake (or pretty) anymore.

I see a couple of Google Earth screenshots, but the imagery is dated from 2020 and therefore doesn't show the village burned out.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Francisco_dAnconia:
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:
It does look very "spectacular" unless you are in the middle of it.
It looks like the numerous other videos of the Russians doing the same shit in other places.
The video is legit.
I bet it would be even more "spectacular" if you were the target.

I don't recall seeing footage of this type of weapon before.  My initial impression, especially with that background music, is that it looked beautiful, like Tinkerbell spreading pixie dust over the town.  Now that know what the weapon is and what it looks like it doesn't look as fake (or pretty) anymore.

Originally Posted By Jack67:
Follow the twitter link and scroll down. The geolocating evidence shows the whole village burned out.  Pics are there.
I see a couple of Google Earth screenshots, but the imagery is dated from 2020 and therefore doesn't show the village burned out.

There is multiple videos of the Russians using Magnesium or Thermite 9M22 weapons to burn out areas.

Here:  

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/w7mn4c/russians_using_incendiary_munitions_for/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 8:57:39 AM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

It looks like we may have an answer to the old question: Did US Lend Lease aid to Russia make a difference in WWII?

I do feel sorry for those reservists. They stepped up and did their duty while their "comrades" partied in college etc. NOW they get fucked again but this time to the death.

If RU manages to mobilize 300K, maybe 30K may, possibly make it into combat at a huge disadvantage. Well equipped and trained UA will be like a pro NHL player .vs a bunch of RU toddlers on ice.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:02:52 AM EDT
[#38]

1 left boot and they have to share the other with their battle comrade.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:
300,000 men in BTR-60s and two left boots? Meh.

1 left boot and they have to share the other with their battle comrade.

Also 5 solders, no 10 solders for each Mosin Nagant rifle.

RU can mobilize but they don't have the production infrastructure to mass produce rifles and all other war goods

Of course they can purchase cheap NORK and chicom products
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:04:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:
To how does a nuke play out in Russian doctrine?

So they have a referendum and parts of Ukraine 'vote' to join Russia. Does Russia have to accept that via some sort of procedure? Is the joining glorious motherland automatic.

OK then they are 'part' of Russia and Ukraine mounts a offensive. Do they nuke them from the attacked territory, sea or Russia proper? Does the army have a say, do they realize how fucked it wil be for Russia? How big are their tactical nukes and what about the Russian frontline forces close to the hot zone? Parents of now glowing conscript going to be pissed or accept it for glory of the motherland.

Response? A nuke being lit up on the European continent is a pretty big deal to put it mildly and i kind of doubt Ukraine would roll over.  

Yeah a lot of questions and not wanting to 'op' the 'sec' but this is pretty new territory.
View Quote

However it goes down, I don't think legal doctrine will have a lot to do with whether or not nukes are used by Russia.

"Oh look Vladimir, it says we actually can't nuke Ukraine and the USA for a war we started, so sorry!"
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:06:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Chaingun] [#40]

we are far from sending NATO troops into Ukraine, what we can do is start sending them the actual weapons they ask for, including atacms, more armor and more JETS.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Easterner:

He said those that are reservists will be mobilized, and veterans with a certain skill set/occupation that is needed.

I'm just about to the point I think NATO ought to assemble a few divisions and move into Ukraine. I am so sick of this son of a bitch. Somebody is going to have to do the needful on this demented fucker. Fuck Putin and his threats. If he wants a war with the west, then give him the opportunity.

At the very minimum, it is now time for the west to provide Ukraine any weaponry it may feel is required to finish this job.

we are far from sending NATO troops into Ukraine, what we can do is start sending them the actual weapons they ask for, including atacms, more armor and more JETS.

The US and NATO ramp up production of artillery, missiles, tanks and all other war needs, UA will still win this war on their own

The RU army groups will get smashed crossing the UA boarder, and RU lost air superiority.  Russia needs to stand up and get rid of Putin and the FSB
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:06:16 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By MostlyPeaceful:
I rewatched the BBC video and captured these statements:

In summary:

Putin said: "The West and NATO are working to destroy and divide us…. First the Soviet Union and now Russia…. Helping Ukraine destroy the Republics of Donetsk and Lukhansk…. Our fighters are brave and patriotic…. However, for the defense of our motherland…. I find it necessary to support the recommendations of our Ministry of Defense of a partial mobilization held in the Russian Federation…. I stress it is partial mobilization…. Only those conscripted are those currently in the Reserves and those who previously served in the Army with certain military professions…. These all will be given additional military training with emphasis on the Special Military Operation… I have signed the decree of partial mobilization…the state assembly and the Duma will be informed…these mobilization events shall start today 21 September…I task the regional authorities to provide all necessary assistance to the military commissariats… those called up for this conscription will be given all the military benefits as those currently serving under contract….this decree gives additional powers to assist the state procurement of additional materials for defense…the West has stated and plans to give Ukraine weapons with the ability to hit regions of Russia and that is already happening by attacking the Belgorod area and using strategic drones and reconnaissance across Russian borders… There are plans in Washington DC and Brussels (NATO HQs) to move the action onto Russian territory… They are talking about defeat of Russia on the battlefield and complete destruction of the Russian culture and history… Ukraine has shelled the nuclear power plant… high level European representatives have talked about using nuclear weapons against Russia…I remind those who allow such statements that Russia also has various weapons of mass destruction and some are more modern than the NATO weapons… and if the territorial autonomy of Russia threatened we will certainly use all the means available to us… “and I’m not bluffing”… Russian citizens can be certain of the territorial integrity of our Motherland and that our freedom and independence can be assured…those threatening us with nuclear weapons should know that the tables can be turned on them… in our history and tradition our people respond to protect the Motherland, I believe in your support"

From what I get this is a soft mobilization and Putin is saying this was the Ministry of Defense's recommendation and request. He is setting up the MoD leadership as the scapegoat.

View Quote

Thank you for posting that.

Looks to be 100% bullshit in the typical putin fashion.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:08:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
This post is pretty reasonable and I don't really find anything at fault here, except to point out one thing: You don't get to choose war or peace if the other guy has already made that decision for you. Russia is a direct threat to world stability, and sitting on the sidelines - while more expeditious and "cheaper" today - will cost MUCH more than getting involved now. Biden, unfortunately, is who we have but I have to say that he's done "OK" (that's about as nice as I'm willing to go). Insofar as we're discussing who's right and who is wrong: Nobody is totally clean, but it really doesn't matter a whole lot. Ukraine was attacked by Russia and has been subjected to barbaric brutality. END OF STORY. That's all I need to know that we should support them. It really is that black and white, and I don't care if Ukraine has done some shady things in the past.

Is there pain because of this? Yes, no doubt. I would like it much better if my retirement portfolio looked like it did before the Russians invaded, but I also know that it's cheaper to do it now than when they were ready to do the same thing to Poland and a bunch of other countries. The US was always going to get involved to some level, and I see this as the cheapest of the options.
View Quote

Thank you.

And I pray you're right. Russia's getting pretty frisky.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:10:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Easterner:
Already posted by other means, but I like seeing the number of dead orcs. It gives me satisfaction. Sorry, not sorry, to the Russian trolls creeping here.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/IMG_20220921_135023_jpg-2533832.JPG

View Quote

For me, its the amount of Tanks, IFV,s SAM sites and aircraft.   You can't do much if you dont have a ride, or support for your infantry.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:11:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By stgdz:

Launch an air assault on all their land assets in Ukraine and sink all their stuff in the black sea.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stgdz:

I think Russia will attack Ukrainian Civilian infrastructure next. Power and water.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:12:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By amannamedjed:

More likely, they want some real world feedback on how well their anti drone weapons work on Iranian drones.  There's probably some Jewish geek in the program who is, right now, trying to figure out how to hack the Iranian drones and make them attack their controllers.  And he will probably succeed before long.
View Quote

Israel in VERY pragmatic about their defense. The second they decide that supporting Ukraine is in their interests, RU shit will start falling from the sly and blowing up.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:16:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:

Well, there's this large NATO and US Military that might be able to do something about it.  Also a lot of Russian naval vessels might suddenly meet some Western anti-ship missiles.

Do you really think the west will sit down and watch WMDs employed in Europe and do nothing?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:

This, chemical and nuclear weapons have to come from special stockpiles and moved to the location where they are to be fired from.  Those areas are watched very well by NATO and US intelligence.  I can't imagine a scenario where if the Russian forces were to use a WMD, that they wouldn't have an "accident" before it was fired, or attempts were made to intercept before hitting it's target.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:17:55 AM EDT
[#47]

I think Russia will attack Ukrainian Civilian infrastructure next. Power and water.
View Quote

RU has been attacking civilian infrastructure since day 1.

Are you saying they will ramp it up?  Almost certainly true.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:20:47 AM EDT
[#48]
40 minutes ago.

Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:21:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

This, chemical and nuclear weapons have to come from special stockpiles and moved to the location where they are to be fired from.  Those areas are watched very well by NATO and US intelligence.  I can't imagine a scenario where if the Russian forces were to use a WMD, that they wouldn't have an "accident" before it was fired, or attempts were made to intercept before hitting it's target.
View Quote

Russia starting to move their NBC will be near the final stage of this fiasco. They will likely move their stuff around just as a provocation "see we are serious, you better back down". So I would not be surprised when we hear about RU nukes leaving the storage bunker. Will they use it? I give it 50:50.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:21:55 AM EDT
[#50]
How do you say in Russian * God dammit I already did my time and I'm too old for this Ukraine shit*

Because I'd wager half of these reservists are saying it right about now.

Back to lurking this informative thread.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5585
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top