BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5589
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 10/27/2021 8:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer]
It says it's been moved, but the link just takes me to the Community page. What gives?

This is now the active "shit (might be) is definitely happening in Ukraine" thread.

News links, thanks to BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
LINKS TO UKRAINIAN NEWS SOURCES IN ENGLISH

Kyiv Post

Ukrainian News

UKRInform

EUROMAIDEN PRESS

New Voice of Ukraine

Kyiv Independent

Ukraine World

InterFax Ukraine

UATV

Ukrainian Journal

Official Website of the President of Ukraine

Ukrainian Ministry of Defense

Save these links. I can't post all the headlines like I've done in the past - too much news and too often.
View Quote

Please @ me with additional stuff to be added here. I don't currently have time to properly curate this thread otherwise.

New news link c/o berettaguy:

Ukrainian Pravda
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/

Stop fake, anti - disinformation site:
https://www.stopfake.org/en/main/
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 11:34:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Former11BRAVO:

Just because it's "our side" doesn't mean we're wearing white hats all the time. We meddled for nefarious purposes and fostered a color revolution in Ukraine. We continued to add nations to NATO after promising we wouldn't - nations nowhere near the fucking Atlantic, I might add. We continued to poke the RU bear and then cried "Foul!" when he finally lashed out (after warning us repeatedly).

View Quote

The color revolution in Ukraine brought democracy not dominated by Russia. It overthrew a Russian puppet. And the people of the Ukraine were the driving force in that revolution, as they are the driving force fighting Putin now.

And I don't give a shit that Russia is butthurt about NATO. Former Warsaw Pact states and even former parts of the USSR have been happy to join NATO, since they grasped the real threat--the bear in their backyard.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 11:35:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Looks like the market maybe predicting this. Based on the upcoming speech today about the referendum and "mobilization".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Is this based on fears of mobilization?
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FdGuf54XgAAExWB?format=jpg&name=medium

Looks like the market maybe predicting this. Based on the upcoming speech today about the referendum and "mobilization".
The market is currently down only about 1%.  That's not a lot considering the recent volatility.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 11:37:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By KELBEAST:

You’re forgetting one MAJOR timeline point that “conservatives” love to ignore

Volodymyr Zelenskyy
Assumed office
20 May 2019

Not president during Biden/Hunter/Burisma scandal
View Quote

And Hunter's boss at Burisma was pro-Russian.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 11:38:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Would M1128 Strykers be a good option for Ukraine? They're going to be retired by the Army anyway, they have a 105mm gun, they run on diesel (IIRC), etc. I think those could be useful for assaults like we saw in Kharkiv. That being said, my knowledge about armored vehicles is rudimentary at best and comes solely from the internet, so someone will likely explain to me that this is a horrible idea, lol.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 11:40:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By bikedamon:

Fostering a color revolution in Ukraine was not "nefarious".  Russia and the West both play the influence game, and Russia's overplayed their influence hand in Ukraine and it blew up in their face.

NATO is about to fracture?  Debatable. Membership is expanding.  Turkey was never a good NATO partner or ally in general, but they are an ally of convenience due to proximity of Russia.  Russia's fear of an expanding NATO became a self-fulfilling prophecy through their own actions.

Beyond that, most of the rest of your comments "The West caused this! - The WEF is leading this! - If Biden is for it I'm against it!" seem to confirm prior stated opinions about you that you have a problem with.
View Quote

Turkey used to be a better ally. Really becoming shit now.

And Germany has always been lukewarm.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 11:42:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ITCHY-FINGER] [#6]
Originally Posted By DonS:

The color revolution in Ukraine brought democracy not dominated by Russia. It overthrew a Russian puppet. And the people of the Ukraine were the driving force in that revolution, as they are the driving force fighting Putin now.

And I don't give a shit that Russia is butthurt about NATO. Former Warsaw Pact states and even former parts of the USSR have been happy to join NATO, since they grasped the real threat--the bear in their backyard.
View Quote

I think what may be confusing some conservatives is that there was outside influence before, during Maidan. Our buddy John McCain was heavily involved as well as others. So some folks just assume the revolution was afro-turfed.

But it was grassroots from the Ukrainian people with overwhelming popular support. It was a revolution against corruption and against Russian influence. No amount of nefarious Western influence could get the people out in the streets for months, taking bullets from snipers, without being real and of/by the people.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 11:42:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Volodymyr Zelenskyy
Assumed office
20 May 2019

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 1969iggy:

1. Biden's son Hunter gets job at Burisma in 2014, makes lots of money peddling influence of vice president.  

2. Trump becomes president, wants investigation into Hunter Biden and puts pressure on Zelensky to make that happen.

3. Trump gets impeached as a result of call where he "exerted pressure to investigate a political rival" (or as normal people would call it, investigate why a cocaine addled politicians son makes $80k a month doing nothing).

4. (some) conservatives get mad at support for Ukraine because of (pick one) (a) the only reason we are helping is because Joe Biden owes Ukraine for not blowing sleepy Joe's cover with the corruption.  (b) Joe is still getting 10% in some scheme for kickbacks.

That's the best short way for me to sum it up.

Volodymyr Zelenskyy
Assumed office
20 May 2019

Often left out of this conversation:

Link Posted: 9/20/2022 11:43:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:
Would M1128 Strykers be a good option for Ukraine? They're going to be retired by the Army anyway, they have a 105mm gun, they run on diesel (IIRC), etc. I think those could be useful for assaults like we saw in Kharkiv. That being said, my knowledge about armored vehicles is rudimentary at best and comes solely from the internet, so someone will likely explain to me that this is a horrible idea, lol.
View Quote

Would probably be excellent, although limited in the mud season. Ukraine seems to benefit from any vehicles, M113s and those Aussie armored trucks.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 11:45:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Former11BRAVO:

I'll not be cutting off my friend - because he is, indeed, a friend.

Friends can be mistaken (or, led astray) and still be friends.

Apparently, you are omnipotent and probably have very few real friends who don't think you're a judgmental prick.

ETA: Likely true for a lot of posters in this thread.
View Quote

Dude.. just stop being your own worst enemy.  People were right to call you out for pushing that excusenic drivel.  You are wrong to waste so much thread on your ego and poor judgement.  Stop being someone elses fool and listen to what people are telling you.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 11:48:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Tiberius:

What I’d like to know is why US Divisional Insignia and a inset map of CONUS were on that map.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:
Originally Posted By Gunslinger808:
A question I’ve had is if Russia had rolled up the Ukraine like they thought they could, would they have stopped there, or consolidated then moved on to try and take another country?

They did have designs on other countries. Very early on someone (the Belarusian President?) leaked a map showing them moving on to Moldova after Ukraine ostensibly fell.

They ran their mouth about "de-Nazifying" the Baltic states as well.

What I’d like to know is why US Divisional Insignia and a inset map of CONUS were on that map.

Belarus was supposed to close the Suwalki gap between Belarus and Kaliningrad. It would have involved invading Poland and Lithuania. Guaranteeing US involvement and that map (I think) was intended to show their intel on what was in Poland.

About a day after he had his little presentation. Poland and US troops moved to the border and there was about five times more shit than Vladdy had told him he would be facing.    
(Record scratch sound)
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 11:48:44 AM EDT
[#11]

Would probably be excellent, although limited in the mud season. Ukraine seems to benefit from any vehicles, M113s and those Aussie armored trucks.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:

Yeah, I've been thinking that since we're hesitant to send Abrams due to issues with logistics and maintenance, M1128 Strykers would be a halfway decent alternative. They're not a tank, but they've got a 105mm gun and would likely work great for the sort of offensive operations Ukraine is going to need to conduct to retake ground in the south.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 11:52:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 11:54:03 AM EDT
[#13]
The idea the Russia won't roll out conscription, or it won't have any effect until everyone is trained seems like wishful thinking to me.

When has Russia ever given a damn about their soldiers? I suspect Putin would be willing to send a million or more untrained soldiers to the front lines and have them learn on the job.

We should ready and willing to nuke him if he sets off even one atomic weapon. Really nuke him, not selective targeting. Every city of 30,000+ and be done with him.

Link Posted: 9/20/2022 11:55:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:
The idea the Russia won't roll out conscription, or it won't have any effect until everyone is trained seems like wishful thinking to me.

When has Russia ever given a damn about their soldiers? I suspect Putin would be willing to send a million or more untrained soldiers to the front lines and have them learn on the job.

We should ready and willing to nuke him if he sets off even one atomic weapon. Really nuke him, not selective targeting. Every city of 30,000+ and be done with him.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 11:56:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#15]
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

Excuse me but wtf even is the Comoro islands?
View All Quotes
Well, that makes me feel safer that Comoro islands won't deploy space based weapons.

lol, islands off the coast of Africa.  Russia doesn't have to worry about their space weaponry at least if they ever decide to have a space program.

Link Posted: 9/20/2022 11:57:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

The oldest of them maybe. Could be useful for training, maybe to issue to reservists to hold near a questionable border.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:
Originally Posted By ludder093:
Are those viable against Russian tanks?

The oldest of them maybe. Could be useful for training, maybe to issue to reservists to hold near a questionable border.

Adding yet another animal to the zoo doesn't sound like a good idea, but used for training or reserve might free up better equipment for the front.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 11:57:49 AM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

We won’t do anything in retaliation for a Russian Nuke going off in Ukraine (or several). That’s what Russia believes and is banking on.

Butt what about Poland? Would they allow that? Would they instantly move on Moscow with everything in a decapitation strike knowing they are next to be attacked? If they are nuked would we (NATO) still be restrained,
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:00:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By frankiebagadonuts:
China isn't going to risk sanctions over Ukraine.  They have seen what not only the official sanctions, but the voluntary company pull-outs have done to Russia.  China is much more dependent on trade than Russia.  They would be absolutely crushed by sanctions.
View Quote
The US is already sanctioning China to a noticeable degree.  Ban on investing in firms operated by the Chinese Army, ban on Chinese products in US military equipment, sanctions on various government officials.  Various tech transfer bans. Huawei and affiliates got nuked from orbit, and that was a big fuckin' deal, they were using 5G networks to insert Chinese listening devices into every global information network nook and cranny, rather successfully.  Major sanctions packages are averaging one per year since 2018.  There was a threat to delist companies on the stock exchange, although that magically worked itself out after China officially declined to support Russia militarily.

Came out last week that the administration is writing a list of sanctions it would hit China with if Taiwan is invaded, and the Taiwan Policy Act is moving through committee with, for the first time, a loan package to Taiwan to buy US weapons and probably some of its own sanctions.

Point is the sanctions have been piling up quick, the more that go into effect now the less the deterrent effect of additional sanctions can be relied upon.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:01:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OBird] [#19]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:

These muthafuckers
View Quote

Crazy how I just watched that recent Peter Zeihan video where he says Russia would be more inclined to nuke Berlin than Ukraine, and now this…
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:02:03 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

The theory is that a full mobilization and conscription of Russians from "favored locations" like Moscow would be political suicide for Putin. It's true they dont care about the lives of conscripts from far away republics, prisoners, etc but what about their own sons? I'm not sure but it seems valid. Maybe we will find out how the elites of Moscow, St. Pete etc feel about this war.

And probably most importantly, they will need equipment. This is not WWII where mass waves against a tired and understaffed army worked.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:02:36 PM EDT
[#21]
11 minutes ago.

Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:04:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:04:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:05:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:06:35 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

itshappening.gif
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:06:53 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

Volodymyr Zelenskyy
Assumed office
20 May 2019

I didn't forget that... it's not relevant to the way of thinking that leads to "conservatives" not supporting Ukraine.  The conversation with him was central to the second impeachment for trying to interfere with the election, or whatever Dem horseshit was tossed around.  The people you are arguing with don't care...  Biden is corrupt, he got money from Ukraine, Ukraine Bad.  It's the same idiocy that has people who blame the war on Trump because he "withheld aid"....  I was just answering the question of why some people thought that way.  If you ignore all the other facts, and focus on just those... it's "logical".
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:08:11 PM EDT
[#27]

I think what may be confusing some conservatives is that there was outside influence before, during Maidan. Our buddy John McCain was heavily involved as well as others. So some folks just assume the revolution was afro-turfed.

But it was grassroots from the Ukrainian people with overwhelming popular support. It was a revolution against corruption and against Russian influence. No amount of nefarious Western influence could get the people out in the streets for months, taking bullets from snipers, without being real and of/by the people.
View Quote

There was support, maybe just verbal, from the Soros/WEF/EU types, but they are not always wrong. Soros opposed the USSR. EU is better then any Russian economic system. I can think Brexit is good while thinking Ukraine would benefit from EU membership. It isn't all black and white.

The grassroots Ukrainian support was clear, as you say. Getting rid of a Putin puppet is always good.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:08:19 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

Lol. Why would Russia govt care about law?

Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:09:02 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Russia does not have the equipment to push a major new force in theater. Manpower or no.
So what? Ten thousand happy ass reservists and prisoners march their way into a modern battlefield with 1950's and 60's arms.
A week later 5k will need more ammo and food.
A week after that, they are toast too.

Is Putin that stupid? Yes.
Is it worth handwringing over? Nah.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:09:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Hking:

itshappening.gif
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hking:

itshappening.gif

If any Russian Citizens had any thoughts of getting out of Dodge now would be the optimal time to do so.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:09:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By kncook:

We won’t do anything in retaliation for a Russian Nuke going off in Ukraine (or several). That’s what Russia believes and is banking on.

Butt what about Poland? Would they allow that? Would they instantly move on Moscow with everything in a decapitation strike knowing they are next to be attacked? If they are nuked would we (NATO) still be restrained,
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kncook:

My speculation is that if Russia pops a nuke in Ukraine, that will force NATO's hand. A bluff is only used when you don't have a winning hand. NATO would be forced to respond. As to what that response looks like, that's a lot harder to say. It's possible there would be a conventional "response" where everything Russian military within range of NATO arty and missiles gets blown to tiny bits. The less likely outcome would be somebody like Britain nuking something of equivalent size to wherever Russia attacked. It's also possible that the gloves would come off in Ukraine and NATO utterly destroys Russia's military there and in the border areas, including their Black Sea fleet. Nobody can really say for sure other than it would be bad.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:11:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By 1969iggy:

I didn't forget that... it's not relevant to the way of thinking that leads to "conservatives" not supporting Ukraine.  The conversation with him was central to the second impeachment for trying to interfere with the election, or whatever Dem horseshit was tossed around.  The people you are arguing with don't care...  Biden is corrupt, he got money from Ukraine, Ukraine Bad.  It's the same idiocy that has people who blame the war on Trump because he "withheld aid"....  I was just answering the question of why some people thought that way.  If you ignore all the other facts, and focus on just those... it's "logical".
View Quote

Oh, I don't disagree. I just like pointing out that Hunter's boss was pro-Russian.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:13:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

Belarus was supposed to close the Suwalki gap between Belarus and Kaliningrad. It would have involved invading Poland and Lithuania. Guaranteeing US involvement and that map (I think) was intended to show their intel on what was in Poland.

About a day after he had his little presentation. Poland and US troops moved to the border and there was about five times more shit than Vladdy had told him he would be facing.    
(Record scratch sound)
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:
Originally Posted By Gunslinger808:
A question I’ve had is if Russia had rolled up the Ukraine like they thought they could, would they have stopped there, or consolidated then moved on to try and take another country?

They did have designs on other countries. Very early on someone (the Belarusian President?) leaked a map showing them moving on to Moldova after Ukraine ostensibly fell.

They ran their mouth about "de-Nazifying" the Baltic states as well.

(Record scratch sound)

Which probably saved eastern Poland a lot of destruction and saved the Belarusian military from complete annihilation.  The Poles would have made their displeasure felt and their counteroffensive would have made Sherman's March look like a church picnic; as the counteroffensive would likely have culminated somewhere east of Smolensk, with Minsk either captured or under siege and the airspace dominated by some sort of Polish/NATO air campaign.  Either Belarus is governed by a complete clown or a seriously Machiavellian SOB who threw Putin's grand strategy out the window by aborting the "Northern Front" in order to check Belarus out of major combat operations.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:17:49 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

I think we've written off the Moscow Times for credibility reasons, but notes about already being in a state of mobilization, here in regard to jail time for surrendering or refusing to serve.

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2022/09/20/russian-lawmakers-approve-long-jail-terms-for-military-surrender-refusal-to-serve-a78843

These could be bills for theater purposes that never go anywhere for all I know.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:18:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

This post is pretty reasonable and I don't really find anything at fault here, except. . .
View Quote

Really? You think it's reasonable to claim the Orange Revolution was instigated by a "nefarious" west? They were overthrowing a Putin puppet. It clearly had popular Ukrainian support, just as their current war against Russia does.

And you think NATO expansion is reasonably seen as provocation? Why were Poland and Estonia happy to join NATO? Russia's issue with NATO expansion is that it complicates gobbling up countries in the future.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:18:27 PM EDT
[#36]

lol, islands off the coast of Africa.  Russia doesn't have to worry about their space weaponry at least if they ever decide to have a space program.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fb/Comoros_rel91.jpg/800px-Comoros_rel91.jpg
View All Quotes
Well, that makes me feel safer that Comoro islands won't deploy space based weapons.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fb/Comoros_rel91.jpg/800px-Comoros_rel91.jpg

Wow.

Did Russia also sign a trade agreement with Antarctica for their tropical fruit?
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:19:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:
 Either Belarus is governed by a complete clown or a seriously Machiavellian SOB who threw Putin's grand strategy out the window by aborting the "Northern Front" in order to check Belarus out of major combat operations.
View Quote

He's the type of buffoon that loves for you to take him at face value.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:23:14 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

Today, I learned about the previously unknown-to-me Comoro Islands and where they are located. This thread has proved useful for learning about our world in unexpected ways.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:24:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RolandofGilead] [#39]

View Quote

They might roll out conscription here's why IMO it won't make any difference:
-How long will it take to actually get those new boots on the ground? They have to notify them, get them to show up, then ship them over. Probably train for a week or two...maybe...or maybe not.
-How many will actually show up? Popular support in Moscow and SPB isn't super high already. This will bring it down further.
-Ukrainians are motivated, fairly well trained, and well equipped for the most part. Russians are NONE of those already. Throwing meat into the grinder doesn't help. Ukraine will just kill the ones that don't surrender. These guys will probably never even see a UKR soldier close up, they'll be smoked by HIMARS or Excalibur rounds on their way to the front.

-As far as nukes, the minute we eschew precision guided weapons, of which we have MANY in favor of wiping out civilians we lose popular support inside and outside of our country. We should do the exact opposite of what you say. Selectively target every single military base, warship, and nuke site in Russia and call it good. Nuking babushka isn't a good look.

All just IMO. Maybe he'll throw a few 100k untrained civvies in uniforms with Mosins at Ukraine and it'll win the war for them. I'm doubtful though.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:25:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By burnka871:

Lol do it faggot
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By burnka871:
Originally Posted By HIPPO:

Pepper the angus.

Lol do it faggot

Going to war with FJB and Miley calling the shots is...not my preferred option.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:27:07 PM EDT
[#41]

What kind of ammunition is used for that? That almost looks fake since I've never seen air-dropped munitions that are on fire as they rain down.

View All Quotes

What kind of ammunition is used for that? That almost looks fake since I've never seen air-dropped munitions that are on fire as they rain down.

Magnesium or maybe thermite.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:27:35 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

White phosphorus. Designed to start fires. RA has used them since the beginning. Basically a Dresden kind of weapon.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:27:50 PM EDT
[#43]
So am I off base here...

RUS uses the "referendum" to absorb annexed regions into Russia proper saying the "people voted for it" line.

RUS then can accuse UKR/NATO/NAFO of direct attacks on RUS sovereign territory.

RUS then uses that excuse as an excuse to begin a pathway to full mobilization, further rhetoric about use of nuclear options.

All of this happening now due to desperate situation in UKR.

Is RUS about to go full retard?
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:28:01 PM EDT
[#44]
What does the draft bill
Say?
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:28:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Dracster:
Video Tour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzj3iVLSyfk
View Quote

These cables and how they "fixed" are making me mad.

Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:30:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

-How long will it take to actually get those new boots on the ground? They have to notify them, get them to show up, then ship them over. Probably train for a week or two...maybe...or maybe not. (snip)
View Quote
Last month the Ukrainians showed off papers they found on a guy who went 5 days between being snatched off the street by a press gang to KIA.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:31:52 PM EDT
[#47]

Really? You think it's reasonable to claim the Orange Revolution was instigated by a "nefarious" west? They were overthrowing a Putin puppet. It clearly had popular Ukrainian support, just as their current war against Russia does.

And you think NATO expansion is reasonably seen as provocation? Why were Poland and Estonia happy to join NATO? Russia's issue with NATO expansion is that it complicates gobbling up countries in the future.
View All Quotes

This post is pretty reasonable and I don't really find anything at fault here, except. . .

1)  "Western Inspired"?  Of course it was!  Re-read our Declaration of Independence; it is one of the most Revolutionary documents in human history and has inspired hundreds of uprisings and revolutions over the years, some successful, some partially successful, and some not.  It is so Revolutionary it could be easily applied against our current Federal Government by changing a few words.  Add in the French Declaration of the Rights of Man and the US Constitution, and you'll find the "West" has "Inspired" a lot of revolution over two centuries.  When done right, we call this "Freedom".  

2)  Agreements only work if both sides are willing to follow them.  I think the Russian treatment of International agreements (as Bismarck's "Scraps of Paper) has driven NATO expansion more than anything else.  After all, in what other historical timeline would the Baltic States, Poland, Germany, France, Sweden, and Finland WANT to be on the same side in a military alliance?
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:32:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
Originally Posted By Dracster:
Video Tour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzj3iVLSyfk

As a certified datacenter wire nazi I can relate.

"If it ain't beautiful, it ain't repairable kids"

Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:33:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
Last month the Ukrainians showed off papers they found on a guy who went 5 days between being snatched off the street by a press gang to KIA.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

-How long will it take to actually get those new boots on the ground? They have to notify them, get them to show up, then ship them over. Probably train for a week or two...maybe...or maybe not. (snip)

True, but he was an LNR guy right? If we're talking mass mob how long would it take for someone from Moscow who is better educated, and already unlikely to even show up to the rally point? Do they even have the man power to snatch and pressgang 100k from Moscow unwillingly?
I don't really know, but again, I have doubts.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:36:40 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote
A tiny island off the west coast of Madagascar.  Yes I had to look that up.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5589
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top