Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 9/18/2021 4:57:55 PM EDT
I'm being told, nothing can be ordered.

Any new car on the lot is 2k to 3k over MSRP.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 4:58:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 4:59:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep orders are shut off and it’s all 2-3k over.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:00:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Fuck Chyna.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:00:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:00:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
you’re at the wrong dealership. Pretty much anything can be ordered if the dealership has the allotment for it, and while plenty of dealers around me have the “market adjustment” added sticker, there are more willing to deal at MSRP- factory/regional incentives. You’d have to travel more than most would like to, but if you’re willing to, You can even save a good bit off of sticker with the right dealers.

In fact, I know a gentleman who just bought a 21 GMC crew cab 4x4 for very slightly under MSRP-factory incentives, at a dealership about an hour from me. Had one for a similar deal even closer to us, but he thought about it too long and it was sold before he decided to get it
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:01:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Poor people buy new cars
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:02:04 PM EDT
[#7]
That's the deal homie
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:02:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I ordered a Mustang (the car not SUV) beginning of August, should have it by end of Oct. with 2k off MSRP.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:03:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Went to pick out a new Toyota Highlander for the wife in June. Zero negotiation on price. Was told sticker or above is the norm due to low inventory. I caved and paid because we needed to replace a car ASAP. I felt abused.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:05:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Went to pick out a new Toyota Highlander for the wife in June. Zero negotiation on price. Was told sticker or above is the norm due to low inventory.
View Quote

Ya that’s all fake as fuck. They are doing it because they can get away with it
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:06:43 PM EDT
[#11]
My brother in law just put a deposit on a 2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium due to be here the first week of October.  He originally wanted a TRD Pro but they're not taking orders for that model.

No negotiation and he paid MSRP.

Used car prices are insane so it's better to go the new car route in this day and age.

Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:08:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Went to pick out a new Toyota Highlander for the wife in June. Zero negotiation on price. Was told sticker or above is the norm due to low inventory.

I think its bullshit too, Im willing to wait for an ordered car with my choice of color and trim level, its a sold unit with no cost to the dealer, profit some but dont rape me.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:09:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I think its bullshit too, Im willing to wait for an ordered car with my choice of color and trim level, its a sold unit with no cost to the dealer, profit some but dont rape me.
View Quote

What car?
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:09:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Your dealer sucks, find a new one.

What are you trying to order/buy?
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:10:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Agreed!  dealerships are just taking advantage of people
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:12:12 PM EDT
[#16]
You can order a F150.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:12:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Supply and demand. They can charge over MSRP, because if you don't buy it, the next guy in line will.
It sucks though. It's also going to get worse before it gets better, especially if evergrande collapses on top of everything else.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:15:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Bored, we just spec’d out a new truck to order.

MSRP.

The edmunds target price is a hair above MSRP.

Same truck a few years ago was invoice plus a hair.   Including incentives a similar truck today is 10k more.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:17:51 PM EDT
[#19]
How long were you in a coma?
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:18:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Welcome to the supply chain
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:19:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Supply and demand. They can charge over MSRP, because if you don't buy it, the next guy in line will.
It sucks though. It's also going to get worse before it gets better, especially if evergrande collapses on top of everything else.
View Quote

This is true, the dealers around me selling trucks at MSRP, it’s rare a truck sits on their lot a week. A coworker was trying to buy a GMC truck with the AT4 package in early summer and 2 times (with different dealers) had a deal made on trucks in transit to the dealership from the manufacturer just waiting on the truck to come in to sign paperwork and pick it up. Both times there was someone on the lot when the trucks were unloaded and they bought it on the spot. Second time he had even offered to put a deposit on the truck, explaining to the salesman what happened at the first dealership, salesman assured him there was no need, he’d make sure the truck was marked sold in their system. Truck came in and was unloaded on a Sunday, when that salesman was off…

The dealers charging 2-5k over MSRP, are sitting on them a little longer, but the upside is they have more than 2-4 new trucks on the lot, and because of that get more traffic…
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:19:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Just bought a Tacoma SR for msrp and a decent trade in allowance.   Msrp is pretty standard for Tacoma’s, at least in this area.  Truck will be in sometime next week.  

I think I looked at every new and used Taco in Iowa.  Paid a bit more than I wanted to but these damn things just don’t depreciate.   I ran across 2011 SR with 267,000 miles on it and they were asking $15k and I suspect they’ll get it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:20:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:21:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Look nationwide, then fly and buy.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:21:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol!  You living under a rock?  Most auto manufacturers have shutdown plants for weeks at a time due to chip shortage. They can’t build cars. The manufacturers would LOVE to sell more cars. But they can’t, because they can’t make them.

The chip shortage will last thru all of next CY.  I have multi million projects with Cisco and lead times are now 6-8 months.

Supply/demand. How do it work?
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:25:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Went to pick out a new Toyota Highlander for the wife in June. Zero negotiation on price. Was told sticker or above is the norm due to low inventory. I caved and paid because we needed to replace a car ASAP. I felt abused.
View Quote

On this doll show us where the bad man touched you?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:31:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don’t sell cars, but I was selling new boats. Why in the fuck would a dealership drop the price if they don’t have to? Don’t want to pay the price? Fine by me. I’ll sell it in 20 min to the next person that walks in the door.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:32:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So do they hide all their inventory at another location so customers can't see it?
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:32:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So do they hide all their inventory at another location so customers can't see it?
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:33:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I don’t sell cars, but I was selling new boats. Why in the fuck would a dealership drop the price if they don’t have to? Don’t want to pay the price? Fine by me. I’ll sell it in 20 min to the next person that walks in the door.
View Quote

So, you admit you are taking advantage of your loyal customers because you can. Thank you for your confession
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:36:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Had my truck serviced yesterday at the dealership, I asked where all the new vehicles were, he told me they may have one.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:36:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:... you’re at the wrong dealership. Pretty much anything can be ordered...
View Quote

Maybe not, this is the time of year that new models are announced and the assembly line is switching over. There are black out periods for ordering new cars.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:38:33 PM EDT
[#33]
New jeep wranglers are able to order for 5-8% under invoice at some dealers.

Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:39:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

So, you admit you are taking advantage of your loyal customers because you can. Thank you for your confession
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol. Yeah, let me give you a hell of a deal on this new boat that’s in high demand while we can’t get anymore product for months/year. That’s real smart business!
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:41:59 PM EDT
[#35]
welcome to 2 years ago OP.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:43:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Poor people buy new cars
View Quote

Yep. According to my driveway I'm Howard fucking Hughes
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:43:53 PM EDT
[#37]
It would help if the OP at least told us what brand he's looking at
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:46:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

on my way to an airport i drive by what used to be a dirt field that now has what looks like 1000 new cars on it. i no idea what it is, who owns it, or why the cars are there.

why so many of what look like brand new cars are sitting in a dirt lot in the middle of no where seems like a fairly valid question. my buddy thinks they're over filled at production plants and the cars can be driven but not yet fully done so they take them there, when the parts come in take them back, finish them, then give them to dealers.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:47:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Your dealer sucks, find a new one.

What are you trying to order/buy?
View Quote

2022 Nissan Pathfinder
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:54:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
How long were you in a coma?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:55:33 PM EDT
[#41]
I had visited 6 dealerships.  All but one virtually laughed in my face regarding not paying the market adjustment fee.  They have sold 7 suvs, and the sales manager flat told me all of those sold for 7k over sticker.  Their market adjustment fee was 10k.  

It literally was like a lightswitch when i mentioned I wasnt paying MSRP.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:57:40 PM EDT
[#42]
My cousin just drove to Kentucky from St. Louis to buy his wife a Korean SUV at MSRP.  Any dealer around her was at least $5k over.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:59:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

People don’t think the fascist Biden economy be like it is, but it is.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 6:00:01 PM EDT
[#44]
In this thread supply/demand will be learned.

Not ammo supply/demand has been going on for years and somehow this is a new thing.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 6:00:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Loyal customers?  
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 6:00:55 PM EDT
[#46]
If the car manufacturers are all doing like Ford with their trucks and are making them and parking them awaiting “chips” the market will be flooded with new cars in the not to distant future.   Hold on to your current car for now.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 6:03:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
My brother in law just put a deposit on a 2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium due to be here the first week of October.  He originally wanted a TRD Pro but they're not taking orders for that model.

No negotiation and he paid MSRP.

Used car prices are insane so it's better to go the new car route in this day and age.

View Quote

I’ve been looking for this exact vehicle and all the dealers around say minimum $5k above msrp. They can choke on it and I’ll keep driving my Nissan Pathfinder with 230k miles on it.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 6:03:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Go to a different dealer OP. You can certainly order a car. I'd do it today. There are 3-6 months of orders already in front of you. You should get yours early next year.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 6:04:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
If the car manufacturers are all doing like Ford with their trucks and are making them and parking them awaiting “chips” the market will be flooded with new cars in the not to distant future.   Hold on to your current car for now.
View Quote

Negative. The chip shortage will at least last all CY 2022. Likely into half CY 2023.

It’s a double crunch. Demand spike up, supply spike down. What the fuck do you think that does to price?
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 6:04:36 PM EDT
[#50]
FPNI again
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top