Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/14/2021 8:45:51 PM EDT
I visited the website today to check shipping status and saw the new sale price.
It kinda stung me.
Worth asking for a credit?
Am I just being a cheap ass?
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:46:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Ask if they will match the new sale price.   No harm in asking.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:47:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Reorder for $80. Send $500 stove back for return credit.

Profit.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:48:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Also link to $80 wood stove?
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:48:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:48:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Ask and find out. That’s a decent sized % difference.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:50:58 PM EDT
[#6]
You can always ask. The worst they can say is no. You're talking about a 15% sale, up to you if it's worth trying.

Prices fluctuate, but the way things are now with supply chains, I wouldn't worry too much since things can change quickly.

I ordered a generator the other week. I checked today and the price went up by $60.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:51:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Did you pay with any sort of a card that offers that protection?  Or did the vendor include any sort of "norton guarantee" or something that price matches you if the price is lower within the next XXX days?

If not, I say go with the other guy.  Refuse delivery on the $500 one, buy an $80 one.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:52:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Why not ask them to toss a pressure washer in for free instead?
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:54:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Is it $80 or $80 cheaper?

If the later - meh get on with life. If it’s $80 flat out then I’d try something.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:55:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

That analogy is 'tarded.

There is nothing wrong with asking, OP.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:55:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Sucks but that's how it goes.

If the price had increased $80, would you want them to charge you more?
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:56:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Lots of credit cards will offer this sort of service.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:56:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Here is a picture showing the price I paid:

Here is a pic of today's price:

Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:59:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Also link to $80 wood stove?
View Quote

Reading is hard for you, huh?

Link Posted: 9/14/2021 9:00:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Shoot at email and ask "I see the item I ordered has now come down $80 in price, will you be willing to refund me the $80 or do I need to return the one I ordered and order it again at the new price."

I've done this same basic email multiple times and most companies will comply.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 9:01:10 PM EDT
[#16]
This is why i try not to order anything expensive on sunday. Sales either start monday or Saturday.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 9:01:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Ask them.

I ordered my Grizzly table saw the one week when it finally was in stock. 2 weeks later it was $100 off. I contacted grizzly and they gave me a $100 coupon credit towards my next order no problem. I had the choice of a refund but i was ordering more stuff anyways.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 9:05:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I visited the website today to check shipping status and saw the new sale price.
It kinda stung me.
Worth asking for a credit?
Am I just being a cheap ass?
View Quote

This happened to me with a TV many years ago.

A few days after I bought it they ran a deal where if you bought the TV for the same price you got a DVD player for free. This was back when DVD players were a cool thing to have.

Anyway I asked if there was anything they could do. They let me "return" my TV, then buy the TV again and gave me the DVD player.

Link Posted: 9/14/2021 10:07:49 PM EDT
[#19]
$500.00 was the price of beef on the hoof the day you bought it.  You own it at $500.00.  End of story.  All of you trying wrangle a re-deal suck.  Be men, be responsible for your own actions.  Don't try to make someone else responsible for your actions.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 10:10:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That analogy is 'tarded.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That analogy is 'tarded.

Agreed. Some retailers even advertise crediting for this situation.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 10:16:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Can’t hurt to ask. Worst case call…cancel your order, and reorder at cheaper cost.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 10:29:46 PM EDT
[#22]
What is the return policy? If you can still return it, then just do the return and purchase the cheaper option.

Or you could call and ask if they can save everyone the trouble and just credit you the difference.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 10:34:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/RZkcOEa.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/soLD9kI.jpg
View Quote

Sure, you can always politelyask, but don’t feel bad if they tell you to get bent.  

It’s not much in the scheme of things.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 12:07:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Sometimes you miss out on stuff. Oh well. Is 80 dollars worth your time, hastle, and perhaps subtle embarrassment?  Probably not
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 12:14:20 AM EDT
[#25]
How would you feel if the seller contacted you a week later saying “the price went up, please pay more money”

Link Posted: 9/15/2021 12:16:49 AM EDT
[#26]
If you thought it was worth buying a week ago and you bought it. Get on with life, how purchases work. If you didn't think it was worth what you paid then you should have bought something else to begin with, or not at all.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 12:19:49 AM EDT
[#27]
https://cubicminiwoodstoves.com/pages/returns
Cancelling an order that has Not Shipped

Contact us by email [email protected]. We will stop the order and refund it in full (including the shipping cost) As long as the order has not been shipped.
View Quote

OP, write or call them in the morning.  If it hasn't shipped they have an incentive to offer you the discounted price.  If it has shipped, they may still offer you the discount as a gesture of good will.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 12:26:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

https://cubicminiwoodstoves.com/policies/terms-of-service

SECTION 4 - MODIFICATIONS TO THE SERVICE AND PRICES
Prices for our products are subject to change without notice.
We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part or content thereof) without notice at any time.
We shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 12:27:37 AM EDT
[#29]
I just got an old SP caboose stove for 200,  it's fuggin heavy!
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 2:14:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
$500.00 was the price of beef on the hoof the day you bought it.  You own it at $500.00.  End of story.  All of you trying wrangle a re-deal suck.  Be men, be responsible for your own actions.  Don't try to make someone else responsible for your actions.
View Quote

There is absolutely nothing wrong with asking.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 3:36:26 AM EDT
[#31]
If it hasn't shipped yet I'd ask to cancell it and reorder. If it actually shipped I'd say tough luck. Same has happened to me. You agreed to pay that price.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 3:48:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Check your credit card terms. I get an email every month from Capital One about getting refunds on purchases after price drops. I think a lot of them will do a few each year. It doesn't cover inventory though, so it's pretty much useless for me.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 3:59:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
What is the return policy? If you can still return it, then just do the return and purchase the cheaper option.

Or you could call and ask if they can save everyone the trouble and just credit you the difference.
View Quote

Might not be easy to return a wood stove. Shipping and costs might be a problem.

If he can cancel the order, sure.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 4:11:01 AM EDT
[#34]
I mean it sucks but would you be cool with them emailing you for more money if it went up 80 the week after you bought it?
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 4:13:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Might be differences in price with shipping not included and "free shipping"
We do that from time to time, to see what works better.
Put it in your cart and calculate shipping, and see if price is truly different. The price of steel has dang near tripled this year, can't image they're going to go down in price in something made of primarily steel.
Unless they're trying to unload for cashflow. In that case, they're probably hurting, and going to tell you to FO.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 5:11:01 AM EDT
[#36]
There is a reason real wood stoves start at $2000.00 and go up from there.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 5:20:02 AM EDT
[#37]
LOL FSA thread.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 5:37:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Reorder for $80. Send $500 stove back for return credit.

Profit.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/15/2021 5:37:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Those are neat little stoves, but you aren't putting it in your house are you?

Last I checked those weren't UL listed.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 5:38:59 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Ask if they will match the new sale price.   No harm in asking.
View Quote

The person selling doesn't owe it to you to lower the price though.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 6:12:43 AM EDT
[#41]
you could do better with a 55 gallon drum stove kit.  500 bucks is a cheap ass stove and for it to go to 80 tells me its a tin can that wont a broom closet.  I use two Jotul stoves at each end of the house and they cost 5200 each.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 6:26:41 AM EDT
[#42]
I’d ask for adjustment
See if any fees for canceling. If not order another one for $80 cheaper
Doesn’t hurt to ask
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 6:56:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 6:07:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Those are neat little stoves, but you aren't putting it in your house are you?

Last I checked those weren't UL listed.
View Quote

I've been seeing these stoves (on youtube) for use in tiny homes, small cabins, vans and buses.
People seem to love them for the right application.
I don't really intend to use the stove any time soon. It was only purchased because there was no provision for heat in my preps.
This would only be used in the worst of situations. Say in the event of total shutdown of power utilities, natural gas, ect.
I could use this stove in a single bedroom and make it work, while the rest of the house goes cold.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 6:18:06 PM EDT
[#45]
I bought two suppressors through SilencerShop like a week ago

Today they started a promotion, $100 gift cards with purchase of certain suppressors

Both of the cans I bought qualify for this promotion
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 6:18:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Or be a man and help your family financially by asking for the $80.  If it is a reputable company, they will likely honor it without a second thought.  If not, you are no worse off.    
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 6:30:38 PM EDT
[#47]
What size coal can these stoves use? I'm looking for one for my parlor.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 6:34:32 PM EDT
[#48]
$80?

Worth the call and see if they have a procedure for these situations as long as it doesn't take too much of your time.

Otherwise don't worry about it. This day and age just be happy you got your hands on something you wanted without it being out of stock.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 6:36:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Some of these responses.

I once bought an item that was back ordered. A week later said company sent out a promotion 10% off or whatever. The item I bought was $1000 so 10% was a decent amount.

I emailed and asked since my item is back ordered has not shipped could I apply the coupon. They applied it no problem.

If they didn’t I wouldn’t have cried about it. I already agreed to pay the other price.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 6:42:02 PM EDT
[#50]
That wood stove is smaller than an RV sized microwave.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top