Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 8/30/2021 10:27:43 AM EDT
I went on a float trip (kayaking) last weekend with the family……we usually float pretty remote sections of rivers where you never see anyone, but this time we floated one of those “party” rivers like the ones I used to float 15-20 years ago when I was in college.  That wasn't the original plan....but it just happened to be a crazy weekend I guess.

Wow……the first thing I noticed was how fat everyone is getting. Back in the day, you would at least see several bikini clad girls that were slim, fit, and hot.   This time….I bet maybe 1 out of 20 girls in bikinis weren’t obese. I’m not talking overweight, or just fat….but a good 50-100lbs over a healthy weight.  People are getting so fat, most river guide places aren't even renting canoes and kayaks anymore....they rent those huge river rafts that hold 6-8 people.  People are so fat, they will sink a kayak....and two 400lb people in a canoe is a sunken canoe just waiting to happen.

I went through some of my pictures from 15 years ago…and it’s crazy how big people are getting.  I would honestly say that 70% of the people out on the river are obese.  

I think instead of trying to show of their bodies, women (and men) have just decided that it’s easier to just show off their tattoos.   Everyone was fat as hell…….and inked up from head to toe.

How many people die of health problems related to being obese vs. Covid?  

Just my observation.....

Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:28:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I was persecuted for calling the fatties out

Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:30:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Good lord......you don't even have to call them out.  You just stand back and look...........it's 20:1 ratio of fatties to normal weight people.   20 years ago it was more like 5:1.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:30:43 AM EDT
[#3]
The hospitals are full of fatties. Children look like short Michelin men.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:31:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
ilikeporkchops did nothing wrong

Visiting home next week, and am waiting for all the "Oh are you eating okay, are you feeling okay, is something wrong?" comments from people who haven't seen me in years, and forget I'm a normal size.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:32:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:32:45 AM EDT
[#6]
When the zombie apocalypse hits.

Remember rule #1, Cardio
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:32:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

how's the situation in nawlins?

i tried to go for storm services but my request to take six weeks of PTO consecutively was denied.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:33:16 AM EDT
[#8]
I love these threads
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:33:35 AM EDT
[#9]
"Society" knows, and many do care.  Some don't, and would rather enjoy that sweet dopamine hit than make good choices.  That's the nature of societies.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:34:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Come float the Truckee river. On a decent summer weekend your eyeballs will pop out of your head with all of the dead sexy, hardly clothed girls. Wearing thongs in public is totally OK, now. It's spectacular.

OP, you apparently hang in the wrong places. I will give an honorable mention to the moms here in town. It pays to live in a mountain town where everybody is an athlete. Dropping the kids off at school is so much more fun that way. I used to live near the rich moms. Tiny, skinny with giant fake boobs. The rock hard mountain women are way more fun to look at.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:34:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Apparently not COVID because despite the fact that fatties make up almost 80% of hospitalizations our media and medical industry refuse to tell fatties to stop eating.

Then you have the “healthy at any size but only for women” movements

Fatties are gross
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:35:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Covid-19 was engineered to target the obese, er, Americans.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:35:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

i tried to go for storm services but my request to take six weeks of PTO consecutively was denied.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m not there. I bugged out a while ago.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:36:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good point....that's another thing that just makes me sad. Seeing those little kids that look like the stay-puffed Marshmello man.   You shouldn't have 100++lb 5yr olds all over the place.  But when you look at the 400++lb parents, it's no surprise.

Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:36:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Come float the Truckee river. On a decent summer weekend your eyeballs will pop out of your head with all of the dead sexy, hardly clothed girls. Wearing thongs in public is totally OK, now. It's spectacular.

OP, you apparently hang in the wrong places. I will give an honorable mention to the moms here in town. It pays to live in a mountain town where everybody is an athlete. Dropping the kids off at school is so much more fun that way. I used to live near the rich moms. Tiny, skinny with giant fake boobs. The rock hard mountain women are way more fun to look at.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Pics or GTFO.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:37:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I'm not there. I bugged out a while ago.
View Quote

10-4.

i wanted to go for the money and to see nawlins.

one of my favorite linemen owns a bar in montana that he purchased with a single overtime check from katrina.

he squandered the rest of his millions from katrina on air force girls, tattoos, guns, snowmobiles, drugs, and alcohol.

Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:37:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Mmmm, donuts.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:37:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

The only fatties I feel bad for are children, it’s not their fault their parents suck and can’t give them vitamin “No”
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:38:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Good point....that's another thing that just makes me sad. Seeing those little kids that look like the stay-puffed Marshmello man.   You shouldn't have 100++lb 5yr olds all over the place.  But when you look at the 400++lb parents, it's no surprise.

View Quote

my parents had terrible genetics.

one of the big reasons i've chosen to not have kids is my terrible genetics.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:38:14 AM EDT
[#20]
When there's a cost involved.
Americans are basically Marie Antoinette clones.
Everything is an academic exercise, nothing is real, and everything is optional.
Being intentionally unhealthy use to be a very costly thing, when it is again people will stop.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:38:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
"Society" knows, and many do care.  Some don't, and would rather enjoy that sweet dopamine hit than make good choices.  That's the nature of societies.
View Quote

I would tent to agree....but when I see all the "big is beautiful" advertisements.....and "bravo and beautiful" girls that are pushing 350+lbs.....it makes me wonder.  

Just like every other thing that was once looked down apon.....now it's accepted and celebrated.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:38:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Shortly after the apocalypse cannibalism will become all the rage and fatties will be hunted so they can be made into bacon.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:40:19 AM EDT
[#23]
TV, cell phones, other electronic entertainment, shift to non-physical labor.  My farming grandparents were almost skeletal.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:41:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just what I though of the other day when I saw a couple of small children that looked exactly like that.

God only knows what they will look like as adults.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:41:42 AM EDT
[#25]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/dont_believe_you_anchorman_zps267e5cbb_GIF-108.gif

Pics or GTFO.

Come visit, bro. One of the most popular vacation spots in the country. I'm not taking pics of moms or 20 year old girls on the river. You're going to have to use your imagination.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:42:29 AM EDT
[#26]
People are fat because they are dumb. They’re stupid too.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:44:10 AM EDT
[#27]
why do you care ?  

their body, their choice ..... I think THE most important thing in life is staying physically "in shape", the more fatties I see I just think less competition for me and my not fat family
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:46:12 AM EDT
[#28]
That new Old Navy commercial with the fat girls dancing is cringe worthy. Apparently they're making clothes up to a size 30 now. If a girl weighs more than me (160lbs) she had better be 6'2" or taller.

The trend toward normalizing obesity is disgusting.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:47:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Fite'n time.  Starvation time.  When the balloon goes up.  Git tough or die.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:47:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
People are fat because they are dumb. They’re stupid too.
View Quote

The biggest reason is because crap food is cheap and doesn't take any time to prepare.

You could either swing by the store and pick up some veggies and chicken and grill up some food for your family at home.......

OR......you could swing my McDonald's and pick up a half-dozen BigMac meals with a couple of gallons of soda.

Fatties are fat because it's the easy way.....
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:47:18 AM EDT
[#31]
WALL-E was prophetic.

Oh yeah and OP is being a hateful fat-shaming Nazi for not saying they are beautiful just the way they are.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:48:25 AM EDT
[#32]
It will be kind of like smoking. Kids will lose their loved ones prematurely and realize being a lazy fat ass isn't a good lifestyle
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:49:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:49:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Shame and personal accountability need to come back into the collective public consciousness.

For a lot of reasons.

Until that happens, things will only get worse.

I'm a fat fuck, but at least I don't hide behind the sad, desperate facade of "body positivity". Over the past few months I've lost a fair amount of weight. Everything from climbing stairs to sex is easier and better now.

Go figure.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:51:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Some people are just naturally obese and it makes zero sense. 98% of the time it's not the case but 2% of the time someone can be healthy other than their weight.  The fit fat paradigm began in the 90s based off of gym bro junk science.  It's more complicated than people make it sound however.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:52:53 AM EDT
[#36]
I got your " rock hard mountain women " ...

Attachment Attached File

... right here!
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:53:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The biggest reason is because crap food is cheap and doesn't take any time to prepare.

You could either swing by the store and pick up some veggies and chicken and grill up some food for your family at home.......

OR......you could swing my McDonald's and pick up a half-dozen BigMac meals with a couple of gallons of soda.

Fatties are fat because it's the easy way.....
View Quote

Feeding a family McDonalds or any fast food cost way way more than buying a whole chicken and some fresh veggies

It's laziness or the easy way as you said.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:54:14 AM EDT
[#38]
When the civil war comes in gunna be ready!!! I have 20,000 rounds of 5.56……oh shit….. I smell the gravy….

HEY MAW!!!!

IS THE GRAVY DONE!!?
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:55:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Feeding a family McDonalds or any fast food cost way way more than buying a whole chicken and some fresh veggies

It's laziness or the easy way as you said.
View Quote

Yup. Food in America is sold by weight. People don't understand this.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:57:54 AM EDT
[#40]
BoDy PoSiTiVe!

Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:58:38 AM EDT
[#41]
Fat people are mentally ill.

Suicide by food.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:59:06 AM EDT
[#42]
I was just commenting to a buddy about the girls in high school ( 64 years old ). Even the "husky girls" were slim in comparison to the thick girls today.  As long a guys/gals are willing to go out with an obese person there is no need for said obese people to lose weight.  

There was a young woman when I was young that had a pretty face but was quite overweight. She's in her mid/late 50's slim and beautiful now
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 11:01:00 AM EDT
[#43]
In 700 years when a trash robot and a cockroach find a plant.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 11:01:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Just like every other thing that was once looked down apon.....now it's accepted and celebrated pandered to to sell crap.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 11:02:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Hahahaha

OP do think this will ever happen.

It’s out of their control, that is beat into peoples heads.

Personal responsibility is so passé.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 11:04:52 AM EDT
[#46]
It will change when the liberal wishful thinkers who make everyone a 'victim' and claim all behaviors are ok are deposed and sense returns to society.

So, not in my lifetime.

In the meantime fatties can feel good about their massive bulk and claim they're "large but healthy" until they hit their 40's and 50's and start suffering from the beetus, arthritis, bad joints, and heart disease.  Then they'll blame their doctor for not taking care of their problem.

You can fret about this stuff or laugh.

Ha fucking ha, says I.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 11:07:04 AM EDT
[#47]
Their body, Their choice.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 11:07:44 AM EDT
[#48]
People don't cook anymore. Kids no linger get exercise because helicopter parents don't want their kid hurt playing sports, so they buy them soda's and an xbox and all the high sodium foods and snacks they can handle.

I've been big all my life. I work out, eat somewhat healthy, and I don't drink sodas, mostly water, and coffee. I'm working on my weight and it's starting to show and I'm glad.

The problem I see is that society is taking criticism out of conversation and if disagree you are the one with a problem.

It sucks being fat, I can tell you that. I hated it, and that's why I'm working on it. I know it will take time but I will get it off.

I hate this healthy at all sizes, yeah healthy until you're not and you drop dead in your thirties from a heart attack cause you weigh 400 pounds.

Sorry didn't mean to go on such a rant, but this subject really pisses me off.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 11:10:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The only fatties I feel bad for are children, it’s not their fault their parents suck and can’t give them vitamin “No”
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

Dropped my daughter off for her first day of Kindergarten last week and the number of obese kids is pretty shocking and sad.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 11:10:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Every women's clothing store like old navy, American eagle, Aeropostale, etc are featuring numerous plus sized ads and mannequins in the stores. It's disgusting.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top