Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/22/2021 12:33:32 AM EDT

Floyd Mayweather has claimed that his net worth has surpassed $1.2billion.

Boxing’s former pound-for-pound king, who retired with a 50-0 record, also revealed his final purses for the blockbuster Manny Pacquiao and Conor McGregor fights.

Mayweather told the Million Dollaz Worth of Game show: “I would [rather] have the currency than the legacy, my legacy is already engraved in stone.

“They say, ‘Mayweather’s doing exhibitions, it’s bad for boxing.’

“At the end of the day, my mother’s a millionaire, my dad’s a millionaire, my children are millionaires.

“My little [five-month-old] grandson is a multi-millionaire and he don’t even know it.”

Floyd explained that, due to various investment returns, he still still making millions every week, even in retirement.

When asked if he is currently a billionaire, Mayweather replied: “I’ve made a billion.

“I’ve reached that four years ago. [Now I’m] over $1.2billion…

“I knew from the beginning I was the best in boxing, from day one.

“I just knew I was better than every other fighter. There will never be a fighter better than me, never.

“Tell me another fighter that beat 16 world champions straight? Tell me another fighter that, in just two fights, made $650million?…

“For Pacquiao I made $300million, for McGregor I made $350million.”

Mayweather was then asked if he’d consider returning to boxing for one last serious fight if offered a record-smashing $500million payday.

He concluded: “My health is my wealth… No amount of money is worth my health, no amount of money.

“But I’m still a smart business man. Now [if] we talk about a Logan Paul, a YouTuber, for $100million? Give me that.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/876870/floyd-mayweather-net-worth-manny-pacquiao-conor-mcgregor/
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 12:35:04 AM EDT
[#1]
You guys pay a lot to watch dudes climb all over and fist  each other huh?
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 12:40:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Still a woman beating piece of crap that is surrounded by thugs that do his dirty work.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 12:42:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Not bad for someone who is a functioning illiterate.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 12:43:18 AM EDT
[#4]
That escalated quickly .gif
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 12:46:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Isn't that the guy people were retardedly claiming that Rhonda Rousey could beat in a fight?
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 2:50:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 2:56:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/22/2021 2:59:03 AM EDT
[#8]
All that money and still no class. Total douche..
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 3:33:49 AM EDT
[#9]
And yet he stiffed a server at red lobster.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 3:40:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

You’re so edgy and cool.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 3:41:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

He can’t help it. Some habits can’t be broken now matter how much money you have.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 4:28:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

As someone in the service industry and in the same city,I've heard the exact opposite about him
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 4:33:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Claims 1.2B net worth. Poses in front of picture with no more than 5 mil.  I call bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 4:36:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

He can’t help it. Some habits can’t be broken now matter how much money you have.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 5:10:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Still a woman beating piece of crap that is surrounded by thugs that do his dirty work.
View Quote

Hold on.  Why are we talking about Congress?
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 7:49:39 AM EDT
[#16]
If true he is an exception.  Most pro athletes end up flat broke or in debt after being taken advantage of.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 7:52:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Fuck him.  I have a net worth of 1.6 billion.  There, I said it, so it must be true.....
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 7:53:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is that what they do in boxing?
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 7:57:59 AM EDT
[#19]
He's not wrong. He's smart, he knows marketing and hype, he knows being a bad guy is worth more money than a hero and he knows nobody outside the best and youngest can even hit him. He'll take the Logan Paul fight, make another $250 million and barely get touched. Good for him taking suckers money.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 7:58:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If true he is an exception.  Most pro athletes end up flat broke or in debt after being taken advantage of.
View Quote

Give him time. He's given it to all his famliy. Unearned money spends faster then earned money.
I'm sure he will be broke in about 5 years.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:01:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Looks like he could buy several pairs of tits
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:02:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Fuck him.  I have a net worth of 1.6 billion.  There, I said it, so it must be true.....
View Quote

He said he earned $1.2B

Didnt say he still had it all.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:05:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:07:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Too bad more sports stars don't approach wealth accumulation with h the same mindset
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:08:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

He said he earned $1.2B

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He said he earned $1.2B

He has shitloads of properties and investments that make money every day. He'll be fine. Michael Jordan made more off investments and endorsements than he ever did playing. He's made money for decades despite being a gambling addict and paying out a divorce. Lots of athletes claim bankruptcy in the media and go to court so they can save their remaining millions and not pay people they owe.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:08:52 AM EDT
[#26]
CTFU: 50 Cent Challenges Floyd Mayweather Jr To Read A Harry Potter Book Or The Cat In The Hat
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:09:56 AM EDT
[#27]
FM is the definition of AssPirate.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:10:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
All that money and still no class. Total douche..
View Quote

Hey now.  A lot of us here do no class on much less.

Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:20:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

He has shitloads of properties and investments that make money every day. He'll be fine. Michael Jordan made more off investments and endorsements than he ever did playing. He's made money for decades despite being a gambling addict and paying out a divorce. Lots of athletes claim bankruptcy in the media and go to court so they can save their remaining millions and not pay people they owe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He said he earned $1.2B

If he consistently makes $2M a week and never spends any it would take him ~10 years to bank a billion dollars.

I am not saying he is poor but no where did he actually make the OP title claim of current net worth of $1.2B.

There are many arfcommers who have pulled in $30M but have like $5M in the bank because they spent the rest on corvettes, harleys, mosins, and fake tits. Read a book.

ETA: “When asked if he is currently a billionaire, Mayweather replied: “I’ve made a billion.”

“I’ve reached that four years ago. [Now I’m] over $1.2billion…”

So he has earned $1.2B, 0.65B came from two fights, and now he makes $200M every four years.

That means he has averaged $0.96M a week over the past four years. His claim of millions a week might be true for the past brief period of time but not for the past four years ave.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:23:40 AM EDT
[#30]
I would be more impressed if all those stacks were lined up correctly.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:24:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:25:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

If he consistently makes $2M a week and never spends any it would take him ~10 years to bank a billion dollars.

I am not saying he is poor but no where did he actually make the OP title claim of current net worth of $1.2B.

There are many arfcommers who have pulled in $30M but have like $5M in the bank because they spent the rest on corvettes, harleys, mosins, and fake tits. Read a book
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He said he earned $1.2B

There are many arfcommers who have pulled in $30M but have like $5M in the bank because they spent the rest on corvettes, harleys, mosins, and fake tits. Read a book

When someone says their worth, they include assets. When banks ask your income, you don't tell them after taxes. I'm sure he has made a billion after all the years he's been boxing, including all his assets. Does he have 1 billion in the bank? No. The bank doesn't even have a billion in the bank.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:29:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

The weird thing is that the server was a black male.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:32:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

When someone says their worth, they include assets. When banks ask your income, you don't tell them after taxes. I'm sure he has made a billion after all the years he's been boxing, including all his assets. Does he have 1 billion in the bank? No. The bank doesn't even have a billion in the bank.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He said he earned $1.2B

Professional boxers “spend” more than they invest in assets.

Drugs, car wrecks, body disposal, zoo animals, carnival ride rentals, mysterious house fires, gambling debts etc.

Even his own statement of “millions plural” per week and $200M earned in four years doesnt jive.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:36:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Attachment Attached File

Here are the facts:

Floyd is 5th highest-paid athlete of all time and one of just six athletes whose career earnings have topped $1 billion. The other five are Michael Schumacher ($1 billion), Jack Nicklaus ($1.15 billion), Arnold Palmer ($1.35 billion), Tiger Woods ($1.65 billion) and Michael Jordan ($1.9 billion). What's perhaps most-impressive about Floyd's earning stats is that he managed to become the fifth highest-paid athlete ever with relatively scant endorsement earnings. By comparison, most of the highest-paid athletes in history earned the vast majority of their income through endorsement deals. Floyd earned more than a half billion dollars from just two fights. He earned $250 million in 2015 after fighting Manny Pacquiao. He earned $300 million fighting Conor McGregor in 2017.

In an infamous incident with an ESPN reporter in 2013 just before his fight against Saul Alvarez, Floyd showed off his checking account balance. Floyd proudly displayed that his checking account balance was $123 million.

During his peak boxing years Floyd was consistently (and by far) the highest paid athlete in the world. Despite having very few endorsement deals, Floyd can easily earn $150 – $300 million a year when he is fighting. Between June 2014 and June 2015, Floyd earned a mind-boggling $300 million. Between June 2017 and June 2018, Floyd earned a total of $300 million, mostly thanks to his fight against Conor McGregor that occurred in August 2017. Outside of the ring, Floyd typically earns $10 million from endorsements per year.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:41:39 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He said he earned $1.2B

So his total career earnings are $1.1B to $1.2B all up and his total net worth is $450M which means he has pissed away over $600M minimum.

Such buffett. Much ebenezer.

ETA if you bring home $100k a year and you can support a family of 5 on $50k and bank $50k ( hopefully in an investment rather than $123M in checking like ol’ shrewd floyd did) then you are showing restraint.

If you make $10M a year and you aren’t a bachelor dying of cancer you should be able to save half per year.

Floyd couldnt save half per year making $300M per year.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:55:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

So his total career earnings are $1.1B to $1.2B all up and his total net worth is $450M which means he has pissed away over $600M minimum.

ETA if you bring home $100k a year and you can support a family of 5 on $50k and bank $50k ( hopefully in an investment rather than $123M in checking like ol’ shrewd floyd did) then you are showing restraint.

If you make $10M a year and you aren’t a bachelor dying of cancer you should be able to save half per year.

View Quote

IRS probably had something to say about that.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:59:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True. But OP title and all these GD posters are saying “net worth” and his net worth is $450M.

I don’t know if fight purses are commonly stated after tax or before but they make it sound like take home.

And he isn’t making $2M a week.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 9:01:49 AM EDT
[#39]
Good for him

Whomever manages his finances was worth every penny.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 9:07:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Good for him

Whomever manages his finances was worth every penny.
View Quote

Pacman was sick of paying 40% US taxes so he fought big fights in macau and paid 12%.

Floyd should have bought his own island and fought there on pay per view.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 9:18:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Money does not buy you smarts or class.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 9:25:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/NINTCHDBPICT000503217906.jpg

Floyd Mayweather has claimed that his net worth has surpassed $1.2billion.

Boxing’s former pound-for-pound king, who retired with a 50-0 record, also revealed his final purses for the blockbuster Manny Pacquiao and Conor McGregor fights.

Mayweather told the Million Dollaz Worth of Game show: “I would [rather] have the currency than the legacy, my legacy is already engraved in stone.

“They say, ‘Mayweather’s doing exhibitions, it’s bad for boxing.’

“At the end of the day, my mother’s a millionaire, my dad’s a millionaire, my children are millionaires.

“My little [five-month-old] grandson is a multi-millionaire and he don’t even know it.”

Floyd explained that, due to various investment returns, he still still making millions every week, even in retirement.

When asked if he is currently a billionaire, Mayweather replied: “I’ve made a billion.

“I’ve reached that four years ago. [Now I’m] over $1.2billion…

“I knew from the beginning I was the best in boxing, from day one.

“I just knew I was better than every other fighter. There will never be a fighter better than me, never.

“Tell me another fighter that beat 16 world champions straight? Tell me another fighter that, in just two fights, made $650million?…

“For Pacquiao I made $300million, for McGregor I made $350million.”

Mayweather was then asked if he’d consider returning to boxing for one last serious fight if offered a record-smashing $500million payday.

He concluded: “My health is my wealth… No amount of money is worth my health, no amount of money.

“But I’m still a smart business man. Now [if] we talk about a Logan Paul, a YouTuber, for $100million? Give me that.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/876870/floyd-mayweather-net-worth-manny-pacquiao-conor-mcgregor/
View Quote

@jackthom8 please fix title. The article may claim that he said “net worth $1.2B” but he actually didnt say that, his lifetime earnings are $1.2B and his net worth is closer to $500M.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 9:26:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Billions of dollars.

Morally bankrupt.

Link Posted: 8/22/2021 9:26:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Good for him.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 9:27:37 AM EDT
[#45]
He is an asshole, but a rich asshole.

I doubt he grasps the concepts of net worth vs total earnings    or pretends not to when bragging.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 9:30:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Isn't that the guy people were retardedly claiming that Rhonda Rousey could beat in a fight?
View Quote

He's like 145#, she's 135#.

In a boxing fight, no way she could come close.

In an MMA fight, I'd say she has a very credible chance. If she gets her hips anywhere near him, he's getting slammed, and hard.

That's completely untested territory for him.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 9:33:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

In an MMA fight, I'd say she has a very credible chance. If she gets her hips anywhere near him, he's getting slammed, and hard.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rousey could beat Kip from napoleon dynamite but not rex kwon do.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 9:49:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. The only way she has a chance is if she has a gun.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 9:51:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Not bad for someone who is a functioning illiterate.
View Quote

The Man is just trying keep the Black Man down.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 9:54:42 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing weird about that. Stereo types exist for a reason.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top