Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Posted: 7/26/2021 8:19:51 AM EDT
I am adopted, at birth. 1970. Sealed records, although my similarly adopted in 1966 sister apparently hunted up her gamete donors, some years ago. Personally, I never gave a shit about them. Thanks and goodbye, my parents are the ones that were there.

That's not my point. My point is, I could be a rape baby, a nephson, pooped out of some junkie's twat that tricked on the street to score a fix, or just some dumbass teen's lovechild from getting knocked up at the prom in the backseat of a jalopy.
I'm pretty sure, given the circumstances of a mother giving up a baby for adoption, the statisticians would have predicted for that infant, me, a very poor future. Good thing abortion wasn't legal yet, at least for me, huh?
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 8:22:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah man, you tell that woman what to do with her body. Who the hell are they to think they have their own life choices.

She is certainly in a good position to raise a child if she is considering terminating her own pregnancy, in her own body. She will love some guy she doesn't know telling her what to do.

But us men love our personal freedom and accountability. Women, not so much.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 8:22:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Damn son.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 8:24:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah man, you tell that woman what to do with her body. Who the hell are they to think they have their own life choices.

She is certainly in a good position to raise a child if she is considering terminating her own pregnancy, in her own body. She will love some guy she doesn't know telling her what to do.
View Quote

It's not her body completely because there's a whole other body living in it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 8:27:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

You are so right. I should have been aborted, because the woman in whose womb I was quickened was not willing to carry to term. It would have saved me from half a century of effort and hassle and failures galore.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 8:27:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

When you are literally quoting Hitler's Mein Kampf, might want to dial it back a bit.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 8:31:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, there's at least one poster in here who should have been aborted.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 8:32:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

When you are literally quoting Hitler's Mein Kampf, might want to dial it back a bit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What? I read Mein Kampf, not all the way, although I tried several times. I kept falling alsleep, though. I read a lot of dry non-fic and such, but, wow, the writing in Mein Kampf is worse than James Joyce's to do list.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 8:33:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well, there's at least one poster in here who should have been aborted.
View Quote

I know this one! It's me, right? What do I win?
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 8:35:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what you are saying is that op is literally hitler?

You sound... triggered
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 8:41:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Meh I think if we had the 60 million aborted since Roe V wade (all of which being raised by people who didn’t want to be or couldn’t afford to be parents) + any offspring they would have had then our country would be objectively worse

I guess I’m just cynical

Link Posted: 7/26/2021 8:42:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Where in Mein Kampf does Hitler say that?
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 8:43:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Abortion is murder, AH.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 8:44:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You sound... triggered
View Quote

@HighPlains1911 Does the name High Plains Gun Shop have any personal relevance to you?
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 8:47:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Abortion is murder, AH.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Abortion is murder, AH.

Hitler was also a teetotaler, non-smoker, and vegetarian. Are we judging ad hominem now, and evaluating philosophies by their corrupt application in practice?
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 8:50:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

@HighPlains1911 Does the name High Plains Gun Shop have any personal relevance to you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You sound... triggered

Nope
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 8:52:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Is it considered a dupe when you take your post from a thread and paste it into it's own new thread?
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 8:57:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Nope
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You sound... triggered

Nope

Ahh. High Plains Gun Shop is just west of Topeka on I70. I grew up there, and that was the go to shop for me. Gene Lauvre was the proprieter, but his kids have it now.
https://www.yellowpages.com/topeka-ks/mip/high-plains-gun-shop-13982788
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 8:59:25 AM EDT
[#18]
There have been 60 million of these.  That means if you look around in a public place a decent percentage of people you see will have been involved with one in some way.  

If the practice is banned, it will be because we're equating it with murder.  This decent percentage of people who have been involved will (once again) have to make a choice.  They will either agree with you that it's murder or fight the idea as if they're being accused of murder.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 8:59:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Is it considered a dupe when you take your post from a thread and paste it into it's own new thread?
View Quote

Probably, but I have never been wont to give much consideration to the niceties of diplomacy and protocol.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:02:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Abortion, in all but the most rare occasions, is evil.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:04:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
There have been 60 million of these.  That means if you look around in a public place a decent percentage of people you see will have been involved with one in some way.  

If the practice is banned, it will be because we're equating it with murder.  This decent percentage of people who have been involved will (once again) have to make a choice.  They will either agree with you that it's murder or fight the idea as if they're being accused of murder.
View Quote

Well, leaving aside your proffer of a coherently rational and cogent explanation of how it isn't murder for the moment, would it have been better for me to have been aborted rather than born to a mother, unwanted by her, and adopted by barren parents that wanted a child, in your opinion?
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:07:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Thanks for sharing your story. It takes courage.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:07:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I am adopted, at birth. 1970. Sealed records, although my similarly adopted in 1966 sister apparently hunted up her gamete donors, some years ago. Personally, I never gave a shit about them. Thanks and goodbye, my parents are the ones that were there.

That's not my point. My point is, I could be a rape baby, a nephson, pooped out of some junkie's twat that tricked on the street to score a fix, or just some dumbass teen's lovechild from getting knocked up at the prom in the backseat of a jalopy.
I'm pretty sure, given the circumstances of a mother giving up a baby for adoption, the statisticians would have predicted for that infant, me, a very poor future. Good thing abortion wasn't legal yet, at least for me, huh?
View Quote

That's my guess.

Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:07:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Abortion, in all but the most rare occasions, is evil.
View Quote

Immediate risk of life for the mother, and I don't mean "It would cramp my lifestyle, which would be stressful to me" life and health risk rationales, is the only time it isn't plain old straight up murder for convenience, IMO. No less murder than a mob hit.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:08:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Well, leaving aside your proffer of a coherently rational and cogent explanation of how it isn't murder for the moment, would it have been better for me to have been aborted rather than born to a mother, unwanted by her, and adopted by barren parents that wanted a child, in your opinion?
View Quote

Of course not.  And I'm not saying it isn't murder.

ETA:  I was just trying to explain why I think people sometimes get so rabidly "pro-choice."  I've seen people who originally didn't care much turn rabid about it after the fact.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:08:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

That's my guess.

View Quote

Mine too, actually.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:11:01 AM EDT
[#27]
I was told in another thread that kids like you are “our enemy” and that we should push for them to be killed because they will assuredly be bad people and leftists

I for one am glad you are here friend

I’ve said it before but fuck anyone who would kill their kid
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:13:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:17:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Of course not.  And I'm not saying it isn't murder.
View Quote

I am saying statistics are one thing, and human life is another. Comparing what might have been to what actually happened is logically counterfactual. Children get cancer and die young, infant mortality only stopped being a thing recently compared to all of history, and only in the Western world, mostly, and all of those deaths were and still are in Africa et al,  horrible for them, and in fact, all kinds of horrible stuff happens to relatively decent people all the time undeservedly. None of that would have happened to any of those people if they just could have not ever been born. So, nonexistence is better than existence because there is no possibility of unfavorable outcome in that case, right?
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:19:31 AM EDT
[#30]
There’s close to a million abortions a year in this country.

You think society is bad now? What do you think it’s going to look like in a couple decades when there’s an extra twenty million unwanted and neglected children overwhelming state resources and filling up the ghettos?

We should be actively encouraging anyone pregnant and under twenty to get abortions.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:20:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Glad your still here bud
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:21:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You think society is bad now? What do you think it’s going to look like in a couple decades when there’s an extra twenty million unwanted and neglected children overwhelming state resources and filling up the ghettos?
View Quote

oh boy here we go....another thread where people debate while missing the entire point....
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:23:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

We should be actively encouraging anyone pregnant and under twenty to get abortions.
View Quote

21ers continue to demonstrate how much of a benefit they are to our forum
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:23:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I was told in another thread that kids like you are “our enemy” and that we should push for them to be killed because they will assuredly be bad people and leftists

I for one am glad you are here friend

I’ve said it before but fuck anyone who would kill their kid
View Quote

I see it all the time. It's a recurring theme, and I fully understand why it is so. I'm not saying let the floodgates of progeny loose, but if a baby is made, God wants that baby to be, and let the chips fall where they may kind of thing. If 99% of them seem like they are are a waste of oxygen from our perspective, so be it. It's that 1% that should be the concern of rational people, because they're the ones that matter. Baby and bathwater aphorisms come to mind.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:25:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lowered have mercy!

You don't realize illegals are coming over the border to fill in for all those Americans murdered in the womb.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:27:01 AM EDT
[#36]
While I'm not pro-abortion by any means, I appreciate the irony.

Abortion vs. Vaccination.

How are those rights going for you now?

lol
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:27:09 AM EDT
[#37]
I’m so glad someone came up with a fresh new idea for a thread in GD…

Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:27:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

oh boy here we go....another thread where people debate while missing the entire point....
View Quote

Out of curiosity, what is the point?
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:28:37 AM EDT
[#39]
I’m glad you’re here, OP.  I’m glad you were born.  

The first human right is the right to live.  You have ALWAYS been viable.  Abortion is evil.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:28:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still waiting.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:28:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I am saying statistics are one thing, and human life is another. Comparing what might have been to what actually happened is logically counterfactual. Children get cancer and die young, infant mortality only stopped being a thing recently compared to all of history, and only in the Western world, mostly, and all of those deaths were and still are in Africa et al,  horrible for them, and in fact, all kinds of horrible stuff happens to relatively decent people all the time undeservedly. None of that would have happened to any of those people if they just could have not ever been born. So, nonexistence is better than existence because there is no possibility of unfavorable outcome in that case, right?
View Quote

Mortality affects everyone.  Hastening it because it's inevitable is murder.  I may have missed something and I'm not sure where this other thread is, but don't confuse me with the planned parenthood guy--I'm with you 100%.

Over time I thought it was odd that people fought so much over abortion.  Then I saw a political change happen to someone I knew immediately after the fact.  A permanent choice gets made, but it doesn't end there..  One has to keep justifying that choice for the rest of their life or alternatively make a fairly painful admission.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:29:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:30:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'd easily reciprocate with:  "he who fathers a child out of wedlock that he doesn't wish to care for in earnest shall be divested of his balls."

See?  Now it's fair 'n square, and nobody gets killed.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:32:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Abortion is murder, AH.
View Quote

If Hitler said:  "It looks like rain today!"  - would that obligate you to leave your umbrella at home?

Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:32:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Mortality affects everyone.  Hastening it because it's inevitable is murder.  I may have missed something and I'm not sure where this other thread is, but don't confuse me with the planned parenthood guy--I'm with you 100%.

Over time I thought it was odd that people fought so much over abortion.  Then I saw a political change happen to someone I knew immediately after the fact.  A permanent choice gets made, but it doesn't end there..  One has to keep justifying that choice for the rest of their life or alternatively make a fairly painful admission.
View Quote

Communism is a death cult.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:33:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

She made her life choice when she engaged in an act that could lead to pregnancy...
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:33:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s almost like they can’t comprehend the purpose of the various methods of birth control out there.

LC
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:33:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

If Hitler said:  "It looks like rain today!"  - would that obligate you to leave your umbrella at home?

View Quote

Perfect.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:35:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Isn’t there a word for that? Where you get someone to become complicit in your crimes, and they end up joining your side in order to justify to themselves that they weren’t wrong? The word I’m thinking of is Bloody Shirt, but I don’t think that’s correct.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:37:02 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

She made her life choice when she engaged in an act that could lead to pregnancy...
View Quote

Even if she didn't, exactly, like the rape&incest pretence, how does that justify the death penalty for the baby?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Top Top