Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/15/2021 1:20:40 AM EDT
Now Penn State goes woke! University will drop 'male-centric' terms like 'freshman' and 'senior' - as well as the phrase 'him or her' in a bid to become more inclusive
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9581189/Penn-State-mocked-woke-banning-sexist-words-junior-senior.html

In April, the University's Senate Committee on Curricular Affairs passed the 'Removal of Gendered & Binary Terms from Course and Program Descriptions'
The senate recommended replacing freshman/sophomore/junior/senior with 'first-year',' second-year' etc.
Other recommendations included replacing 'underclassmen' and 'upperclassmen' with 'lower division' and 'upper division'
The phrase 'him or her' was also replaced with 'them' in a bid to become gender neutral
Reaction to the resolution online has been mixed, with some people mocking the move as a failed attempt to be 'woke'

The senate also recommended replacing freshman/sophomore/junior/senior with 'first-year',' second-year' etc.

Its members suggested replacing gendered pronouns with neutral terms like 'student,' 'faculty member' or staff member.'  

Other recommendations included replacing 'underclassmen' and 'upperclassmen' with 'lower division' and 'upper division.'

The senate also called for the term 'super seniors' to be axed. That refers to students who have taken longer than the usual four years to complete their studies, over fears the moniker could make some of them self-conscious.  

The announcement drew mixed criticism from people online, with some calling the move the schools attempt to be 'woke.'

88.75% of students at the university approved the change, campusreform.org reported.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 1:23:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 1:23:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I’m so glad I go to a farm school. I don’t have to deal with this shit.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 1:23:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Now Penn State goes woke! University will drop 'male-centric' terms like 'freshman' and 'senior' - as well as the phrase 'him or her' in a bid to become more inclusive
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9581189/Penn-State-mocked-woke-banning-sexist-words-junior-senior.html

In April, the University's Senate Committee on Curricular Affairs passed the 'Removal of Gendered & Binary Terms from Course and Program Descriptions'
The senate recommended replacing freshman/sophomore/junior/senior with 'first-year',' second-year' etc.
Other recommendations included replacing 'underclassmen' and 'upperclassmen' with 'lower division' and 'upper division'
The phrase 'him or her' was also replaced with 'them' in a bid to become gender neutral
Reaction to the resolution online has been mixed, with some people mocking the move as a failed attempt to be 'woke'

The senate also recommended replacing freshman/sophomore/junior/senior with 'first-year',' second-year' etc.

Its members suggested replacing gendered pronouns with neutral terms like 'student,' 'faculty member' or staff member.'  

Other recommendations included replacing 'underclassmen' and 'upperclassmen' with 'lower division' and 'upper division.'

The senate also called for the term 'super seniors' to be axed. That refers to students who have taken longer than the usual four years to complete their studies, over fears the moniker could make some of them self-conscious.  

The announcement drew mixed criticism from people online, with some calling the move the schools attempt to be 'woke.'

88.75% of students at the university approved the change, campusreform.org reported.
View Quote

When does it all burn down? When?
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 1:24:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Hope they all take the vaccine and mutate
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 1:28:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

As a mechanical engineer I thought I was safe from it.

Fucking wrong I was.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 1:31:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Don't bother to lay low or anything after the whole Jerry Sandusky scandal.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 1:31:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 1:57:57 AM EDT
[#8]
So who’s the pedophile/rapist/sexual deviant they're covering for this time?

It seems like they’re trying a little too hard to ping the retard bell with this little number.

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 2:04:21 AM EDT
[#9]
How is it fair to be labeling people with terms like first or second?

Shouldn't everyone be equal?

I'm really concerned about how some people aren't getting grades as high as others too. That doesn't seem to be inclusive. Shouldn't everyone be equal?
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 2:07:20 AM EDT
[#10]
So does this mean I can join a Sorority? Co ed dorms. Hmmmm this wouldn't cause any problems at all. toot toot clown town, we are hear.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 2:09:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
How is it fair to be labeling people with terms like first or second?

Shouldn't everyone be equal?

I'm really concerned about how some people aren't getting grades as high as others too. That doesn't seem to be inclusive. Shouldn't everyone be equal?
View Quote

Years ago, the a local collage hear took care of that. They did away with grades. And somehow, no one seems to think that maters.... If you pays your money, it must mean your educated.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 2:13:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 2:48:30 AM EDT
[#13]
But math is racist.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 2:49:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

PSU does have a large ag school Program
But yes, too many other nonsense programs
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 3:09:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Most idiotic generation of people in the history of the fucking Country.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 3:13:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Penn State started as an AG school, times have clearly changed. Sadly my alma mater hasn’t been the same since the scandal. It’s been in a downward spiral ever since.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 3:44:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 3:47:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Confucius say: "it's hard to virtue signal when you're infamous for protecting a pedophile rapist".

Or something like that...
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 4:29:06 AM EDT
[#19]
WE ARE

confused?

Enjoy your football, fanboys. The post pedo scandal honeymoon must have been sweet for that short time
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 4:31:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Welcome to Idiocracy.

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 4:36:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Welcome to Idiocracy.

View Quote

Only in the USA!
The rest of the world is laughing
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 4:43:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Only in the USA!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Welcome to Idiocracy.

Only in the USA!

I'm sure Canada, Australia, and NZ would do the same. Probably UK as well.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 5:00:11 AM EDT
[#23]
State funded.

My tax dollars at work.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 5:03:14 AM EDT
[#24]
"Lower division" and "Upper division" denote suppression and superiority.  I am triggered and demand these phrases removed immediately
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 5:04:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Good to see that the change has DPRK like approval.

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 5:09:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

When does it all burn down? When?
View Quote

Never. Society and the world wont allow it. Which is why they're pushing the extreme whiteness thing.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 5:25:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Yall think that's bad, but it's not just the university. I live locally. The people here are all in favor of this BS, not just the students and school. They've started to indoctrinate the kids in grade school too. You can't walk through the downtown State College area TODAY without seeing masks, hundreds of rainbow flags, SJW propaganda posted on businesses, and don't even get me started on the local teens working at those stores. I stopped into Dunkin to grab a coffee and legitimately couldn't tell you the gender of a single employee there.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 5:52:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
So does this mean I can join a Sorority? Co ed dorms. Hmmmm this wouldn't cause any problems at all. toot toot clown town, we are hear.
View Quote

I was in a co-ed dorm

They have been around for a long time
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:39:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Don't bother to lay low or anything after the whole Jerry Sandusky scandal.
View Quote

So if there's no "him/her", how does one say Sandusky was fucking pre-teen boys?
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:40:33 AM EDT
[#30]
when will they be removing the "men" and "man" from women and woman?
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:43:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Pedo state
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:43:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
when will they be removing the "men" and "man" from women and woman?
View Quote

Only if someone's husband comes home unexpectedly
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:44:10 AM EDT
[#33]
I hate this world.

Where the fuck is the nuclear war I was promised as a child?
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:50:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Not that I want to wade into an ignorance party, but for those who legitimately don't know:

https://open.spotify.com/show/3Q6f4e1q55GZfueaFDqGid

Then again, minds are made up and the "science is settled" so I doubt anybody would bother to listen, much less comprehend. It's somewhat dumbfounding that people would question the COVID narrative, or global warming, or the Chauvin case, or the "Capitol Insurrection" while simultaneously believing the narrative on this.

But in any case, this particular issue isn't new. I fought these battles more than 20 years ago with a student body that likely was equally as starry-eyed and woke, though that term didn't exist yet. It's a big school and will never be "conservative" or anything of the kind.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:52:20 AM EDT
[#35]
What about Pedo Joe?
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:00:36 AM EDT
[#36]
Why do I not believe 87% of students approved this? I graduated PSU in 07. I don't remember  ever having the opportunity to vote on anything.
I'd bet a handful of liberal art students voted at some bull shit meeting while the engineering student were swamped with real work or drinking. Or both. There is only one way DiffEQ makes sense.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:11:31 AM EDT
[#37]
LMAO...lower division is clearly discriminatory and negative.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:19:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Yall think that's bad, but it's not just the university. I live locally. The people here are all in favor of this BS, not just the students and school. They've started to indoctrinate the kids in grade school too. You can't walk through the downtown State College area TODAY without seeing masks, hundreds of rainbow flags, SJW propaganda posted on businesses, and don't even get me started on the local teens working at those stores. I stopped into Dunkin to grab a coffee and legitimately couldn't tell you the gender of a single employee there.
View Quote

It’s got to be something in the water up there. A girl I dated pretty much all through college who was cool AF back in the day is a crazy lib pro Joe supporter now. I dodged a bullet. Plus she got fat too.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:34:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

It’s got to be something in the water up there. A girl I dated pretty much all through college who was cool AF back in the day is a crazy lib pro Joe supporter now. I dodged a bullet. Plus she got fat too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s the university. Go any direction 20 minutes and it’s the polar opposite.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:35:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Til your school changes Every Man a Wildcat to Every Person a Wildcat, if they haven't already. Then it's all downhill.

But, it's still leaps and bounds better than Penn State, and in a better state. And you all have Taco Lucha in Manhattan!
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:37:14 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It’s the university. Go any direction 20 minutes and it’s a different world.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s the university. Go any direction 20 minutes and it’s a different world.

It wasn’t woke when I was in school up there in the 90s. She is from Bristol, just outside Philly. So maybe that played a part in it. I don’t know.
I was up there for a game two years ago and the place was just Sad.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:39:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Til your school changes Every Man a Wildcat to Every Person a Wildcat, if they haven't already. Then it's all downhill.

But, it's still leaps and bounds better than Penn State, and in a better state. And you all have Taco Lucha in Manhattan!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who’s says they identify as cats? Maybe they are Wilddog or Wildfish or Wildmonkey. Why are you mansplaning and assigning their genders? Stop being an oppressor.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:41:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Why do I not believe 87% of students approved this? I graduated PSU in 07. I don't remember  ever having the opportunity to vote on anything.
I'd bet a handful of liberal art students voted at some bull shit meeting while the engineering student were swamped with real work or drinking. Or both. There is only one way DiffEQ makes sense.
View Quote

Your belief opposes the obviously complete and correct poll data.  You seem to want to peek behind the curtain.  That is not allowed.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:46:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

You're not kidding. 20m out and you're likely to run into an Amish buggy or a jacked up F350 with 8" stacks. What an odd place this is
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:46:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

I used to live there, this is so true.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:49:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Now I feel like our country is on the right track, and peace and harmony will finally prevail!

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 8:05:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 8:23:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
So who’s the pedophile/rapist/sexual deviant they're covering for this time?

It seems like they’re trying a little too hard to ping the retard bell with this little number.

View Quote

The louder the signal, the greater the virtue.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 8:25:09 AM EDT
[#49]
PSU has been woke for a while.  A few years ago they started a hotline for snowflakes to report "microagressions".
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 8:32:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Not that I want to wade into an ignorance party, but for those who legitimately don't know:

https://open.spotify.com/show/3Q6f4e1q55GZfueaFDqGid

Then again, minds are made up and the "science is settled" so I doubt anybody would bother to listen, much less comprehend. It's somewhat dumbfounding that people would question the COVID narrative, or global warming, or the Chauvin case, or the "Capitol Insurrection" while simultaneously believing the narrative on this.

But in any case, this particular issue isn't new. I fought these battles more than 20 years ago with a student body that likely was equally as starry-eyed and woke, though that term didn't exist yet. It's a big school and will never be "conservative" or anything of the kind.
View Quote

So you believe that Sandusky is not guilty?

That the 50 or so men who have come forward so far are after the money, trailer-trash, liars, ..............?

That Peterno, Curley, and company didn't know what he was and didn't attempt to sweep the whole thing under the rug?

That the prosecution and jury got it wrong?

@FS7

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top