Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2004 7:26:17 AM EDT
Hmmm. This could be one of the CCW holders in OC. He has the right idea, though.You go somewhere where predators may lay prepared with the necassary tools.

kcal.dayport.com/viewer/content/special.php?Art_ID=1684&Format_ID=2&BitRate_ID=8&Contract_ID=2
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:39:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Hehe.. I can see it now... man in a plaid shirt, jeans, and cowboy hat being interviewed...

"Tex Johnson from Austin, TX was jogging when he was attacked by a mountain lion. Tex, in your own words, tell us what happend."

"Well, I come to Kaliforny to, uh, visit relatives, when I thought I would go hunt-er-jogging on thise here trail. Suddenly, this mountain lion come out of the bushes and lept at me! I tell you, it was coming right for me! Lucky for me, I had this here S&W Custom Hunter .44 magnum with 4x scope and was able to defend myself."

"You heard it here - another victum lucky to be alive, back to you bob."

heh - who needs some special huting permit - just walk the trails - its coming right for us!
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:45:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Ohh I wanna get my "Chee" on!
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 8:54:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Neither print nor tv mentioned whether he had a CCW, nor did they give the typical "don't you do this" type of warning.  I'm speechless.

That reminds me I have to write a letter to the editor about what I saw on TV.  American soldiers were confiscating AK's but it was mentioned that each home was allowed one and it was the real thing, not some Kalifornia version.  It at least makes a good argument that people in Washington D.C. should have a chance.  There's more murders there than in Baghdad.  In fact it would support an argument that Muslims in the US need to be allowed to own one to protect themselves from hate crimes.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 9:05:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Neither print nor tv mentioned whether he had a CCW, nor did they give the typical "don't you do this" type of warning.  I'm speechless.

That reminds me I have to write a letter to the editor about what I saw on TV.  American soldiers were confiscating AK's but it was mentioned that each home was allowed one and it was the real thing, not some Kalifornia version.  It at least makes a good argument that people in Washington D.C. should have a chance.  There's more murders there than in Baghdad.  In fact it would support an argument that Muslims in the US need to be allowed to own one to protect themselves from hate crimes.

I assumed he had a CCW since he told the reporter he was carrying a gun.

I personally don't think Air Force Reserve pilots are dumb enough to admit on tv they were illegally carrying a gun.

I have been known to be wrong in the past, though.

This whole incident needs better coverage on the various PRK gun boards, too. Going to post a link in the Hometown forum.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 9:11:34 AM EDT
[#5]
"...fortuneatly the cat didn't attack..."

In who's eyes?
It will attack the next person who will not be armed.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 11:01:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't think he had a CCW.  I think he was potentially smart about the gun (depending on whether or not it was lion capable or just people capable).  They definitely didn't mention it again in the story.  

Now he didn't mention if it was concealed or not.  And I wouldn't if I was in that situation, if I was to go in lion country down there it would be lion capable and I would sew or attach the holster to where it was easily  reachable and not concealed.  Not illegal to open carry, might be illegal to have in the park though.  However under the circumstance I expect the DA would not prosecute or the grand jury would return no bill just like a similar  incident where a truck driver "illegally" defended his truck  here in OC.

In similar situations in and around Cleveland Nat'l Forest or SD County back country I usually have a  little friend close to hand

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top