Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2004 2:35:36 AM EDT
I got sick of these so-called Libertarians on this other website who spew anti-Bush , anti-Republican, and pro-democrat/liberal shit.  I can't take their nonsense anymore, especially from people who claim to be Libertarian!   My attempt to be moderate, as to not get banned, yet:

I'm sick of the pacifist attitudes so many people have! How can anyone think violence begets violence? What the hell kinda thinking is that? That's like saying it was okay that the WTC was attacked. The people in those towers never attacked anyone! Why do they pay the ultimate price for a religious ideology? If we didn't fight the Japanese after Pearl Harbor, where would be have gone? How about all the millions of innocent people who died under the rule of Hitler? They were pacifists. You have to defend yourself in this world, and sometimes that means going to war. This has nothing to do with the political leaders, it has to do with the fact that the radical Islamic people are in what they call a "holy war". If you let these people kill with impunity, then you are so lost in your bullshit feel good world, that you're beyond help! I just can't believe how doomed this world is. So many people are delusional about this whole Islamic war. It's not a goddamn Vietnam. These terrorists could live right next to you and you wouldn't have any idea they might be out to kill on your soil. This is a religious war, not a political one, regardless of how you want to look at it. We ARE feeding these Iraqi children and trying to do a good thing. I don't agree with how it's been handled or whether we should have gone in there when we did, but we're there, so it's time to deal with it. You can't just leave the country in ruin! If the UN wanted to help, they'd be there now helping. I'm just sick to death at how complacent the world is because you have your PC, fancy car, nice house, good job... gaddamn, wake up already! 9-11 has faded from peoples collective memory, and apparently so has the reason we are fighting terrorism. Doesn't anyone care anymore?

Now here's my first response from some bitch who is manic-depressive (I can tell by the shit she says and how her mood and anger changes each day, it's clearly obvious)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How about all the millions of innocent people who died under the rule of Hitler?
They were pacifists. You have to defend yourself in this world, and sometimes
that means going to war.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*sigh*

Defending your country and families against a fatal aggressor is one thing,
attacking another country with far-fetched reasons to disguise your motives
OIL and accelerated growth is another one.
forget about the holy war, this time america is the aggressor, terrorism the answer of those
who have nothing more to lose.
The muslim religion is by no means radical, it is abused by some people for political
reason in a way that contradicts the real intention of this religion.
There are millions of peaceful muslims.

This is a religious war, not a political one

No my friend, it is the war of the poor against the rich.
And it has just begun, a lot of people are full of hate towards the industry nations,
which exploit poor countries and nature to protect their own wealth.
As america is the worldwide leading industry nation it is #1 target.
terrorism did not start with 9/11 the roots lie much deeper.

If the UN wanted to help, they'd be there now helping.

The current American administration clearly stated they do what they want and
they give a fuck about the UN and it's members. Now they crawl on all fours,
as they pissed everyone off.

btw, are you aware of the fact the White House still censors the most brutal pictures?
meanwhile Rumsfeld thinks it is a good idea to defend interrogation methods in general
as he says letting people starve and not sleep and getting them in sticky body positions
goes well along with international laws.
I have nothing but scorn for these attitudes.

I'm sick of the pacifist attitudes so many people have!
How can anyone think violence begets violence?

i'm sorry.

The "i'm sorry" comment is almost positively an edit on her part, since she always gets warned by the mods not to attack people or be excessively rude, ect...

What a dumbass this girl is.  I think she's French.  Notice how she doesn't really answer my questions or comments.  She derails the point by bringing in her twist into the argument.  Even mentions the abuse photos, yet the thread isn't even about that!  She doesn't even live in this country!

I know my rant wasn't very good, but I was a little pissed when I posted it.  By the way, some of my comments, like the UN helping, were directed at people who mentioned we should leave and let the UN take over
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 3:00:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Respectfully, either you are a troll or misguided.

Her assessement seems very accurate to me and your responses are clearly anti-US and anti-Admistration.

You might want to re-evaluate your position on this and - you're not going to get much support for the folks on this site for your responses to her.

CMOS
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 3:29:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe I read it wrong, but Misery's post is the original one at the top and is just fine.  I'm not sure what CMOS is disagreeing with unless he's just joking.

Her response is typical of the left:  The poor are getting fucked over by the rich.  Workers of the world unite.  Blah Blah Blah.  If we were a kinder gentler nation that redistributed wealth more evenly then the whole world will sing along in harmony.

So what if we went there for oil.  Even though we don't get a huge percentage of our oil from Iraq, we need oil  It's critital for our economy and worth fighting for.  What do the soccer mom's put in their SUV's?

We are doing a lot already.  We just have to keep the heat on.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 3:54:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 5:56:20 AM EDT
[#4]

you might also want to point out that, if this is actually a rich vs. poor (america vs. islamic nations) type of war, then it would most likely only be us getting attacked.

other nations/areas such as, hmmmm lets see, spain, england, several s. american and many african nations, philippines, thailand/china, serbia, checnia, etc. wouldn't be getting attacked CONSTANTLY by ISLAMIC agressors.

Link Posted: 5/13/2004 12:22:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
other nations/areas such as, hmmmm lets see, spain, england, several s. american and many african nations, philippines, thailand/china, serbia, checnia, etc. wouldn't be getting attacked CONSTANTLY by ISLAMIC agressors.

Don't forget India.  They have lost at least 100,000 to Muslim terrorists, and India allows Sharia Law!

GunLvr
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 12:35:30 PM EDT
[#6]
My sig line says it all.

Tj
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top