Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2004 7:54:21 PM EDT
There must be about a dozen beheading threads going right now and hardly any are locked. Why don't people read a few threads down before starting yet another one on the same topic.

And feel free to lock this one as well... I have to put on hip waders to get to a couple hours ago right now.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:55:29 PM EDT
[#1]
IBTL
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:57:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a lovely bunch of coconuts.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:58:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have a lovely bunch of coconuts.

Coconut pie anyone?
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:58:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Your concern is noted
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:00:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I like pie.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:03:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Coconut cream is especially good.

Strawberry cream is good too.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:03:24 PM EDT
[#7]
i like hairless pie
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:05:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
i like hairless pie

You meant taco pie, no?
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:08:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:16:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
i like hairless pie

Pooter pie?

Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:25:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i like hairless pie

Pooter pie?

yup smells like fish taste's like chicken
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 9:09:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Fish taco pie.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 9:55:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
8.) Posting repeat topics with similar or slightly varying titles. While it may seem to be funny, the "spamming" of the community in this manner results in problems for users and management. Multiple topics on important issues or discussions are acceptable,( this only applies to topics which waste resources for no other reason except personal enjoyment or humor.)

This issue may be acceptable but there isn't much sensible conversations in those threads. It's all, would you cut their heads off, or when are we going to nuke them, or why isn't anyone ouraged... which essentially people just wanted to hear themselves talk... not unlike myself right now. If people were having actual thought out discussions in those multiple duped threads it might be different.

Link Posted: 5/11/2004 10:16:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
8.) Posting repeat topics with similar or slightly varying titles. While it may seem to be funny, the "spamming" of the community in this manner results in problems for users and management. Multiple topics on important issues or discussions are acceptable,( this only applies to topics which waste resources for no other reason except personal enjoyment or humor.)

This issue may be acceptable but there isn't much sensible conversations in those threads. It's all, would you cut their heads off, or when are we going to nuke them, or why isn't anyone ouraged... which essentially people just wanted to hear themselves talk... not unlike myself right now. If people were having actual thought out discussions in those multiple duped threads it might be different.

My personal take on this is "let the best duplicate thread win!".

Umm, seriously, the video posted in the secret forum there you probably saw makes one sick, ill at ease, and nearly afraid of posting what they Really Feel.

Kind of like making a light joke or looking for an entirely miniscule thing to give you a chuckle instead of either bursting into tears, or going on a rampage...

Again, just my take.

I really think that the past little bit has been the most "traumatic" time for those on ARF since 9/11, even though I wasn't around then.  

Think of it like everybody in the room is thinking about one event, but they know if they voice opinions/responses to that, the whole room is going to erupt with their views.  

I think it is better to have 20 threads talking about coconut pie with "that event" in the title.  

I hope some of this made sense, yes, I am ready to spit blood, especially when you consider they called "embarrassment" of prisoners "torture".  That video is torture of a "fast nature".  Much Much worse things have gone on there that we do not know about.  War is ugly.  Exactly what are we supposed to do?

The answer is not lock all the related threads while people vent about coconuts to get the image out of there mind.  I also don't think the answer is for everybody to decide what the POTUS should do.  This is a large quandry.  

I hope I didn't just lock your thread, pathfinder.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 10:24:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Abba-dabba-do !
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 10:42:53 PM EDT
[#16]
IBT...

Link Posted: 5/11/2004 11:39:19 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I really think that the past little bit has been the most "traumatic" time for those on ARF since 9/11, even though I wasn't around then.  

I was here. Much like now, but worse, anyone who was not repeating the "nuke them all" mantra, before it was even known who did the act, was called unamerican and a traitor.

It reminded me of that one episode of twilight zone where aliens are up on a hill turning the power off and on in a neighborhood, while studying the paranoid people attack each other.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:37:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:07:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:12:09 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
There must be about a dozen beheading threads going right now and hardly any are locked. Why don't people read a few threads down before starting yet another one on the same topic.

And feel free to lock this one as well... I have to put on hip waders to get to a couple hours ago right now.

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:24:54 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

You were a hall monitor in school right?
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:58:33 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

You were rejected as a hall monitor in school right?

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:09:25 AM EDT
[#23]
I don't want to read any other threads right now, but the beheading threads.  AR15.com serves no purpose for me now other than reading those threads.  Dupes and all.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:23:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Shouldn't this be in the team forum whine section ?
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:06:45 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Shouldn't this be in the team forum whine section ?

Heh heh...

I know the mods are doing their jobs, because several 'controversial' threads I was participating in have mysteriously disappeared.  

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:16:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Probably the obsesive compulsive in me coming to the surface... I like to have everyone in one cetralized place... not all over. Espcially now, when I post something and then can't find the thred I posed in because there are a dozen other just like it saying the same things.

I'm not trying to say themod should stifle people's venting of the event being discussed, simply that it would be nicer to have one big thread than a bunch of splinter threads.

No, I wasn't a hall monitor... I was usually too busy sleeping in class to concern myself with that sort of thing.

Hey CarVet are these these prototype trigger locks for Repulik of Maryland...
home.earthlink.net/~glenn63/locks.jpg
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:17:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Support the media view and kind of want the whole thing hushed up do we?

Tj
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:27:47 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Tj

Uh... if that's what you are getting out of what I am saying, then your tin foil hat is on too tight and is scrambling any sensible signals to your brain. The way it is right now it's like my wifes method of doing laundry... wash the clothes and then let them sit in five baskets and pick through all of them to find what you need for that day. What's wrong with a little order/consolidation?

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:44:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:50:17 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tj

Uh... if that's what you are getting out of what I am saying, then your tin foil hat is on too tight and is scrambling any sensible signals to your brain. The way it is right now it's like my wifes method of doing laundry... wash the clothes and then let them sit in five baskets and pick through all of them to find what you need for that day. What's wrong with a little order/consolidation?

LOL, Probably is on too tight today!

Pls excuse my flippant reply.  Emotions are running high on this one with me more at the media ignoring the story and I shouldn't be lashing out.

Tj
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:56:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Do we need a nanny  here?

I don't think so.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:06:50 AM EDT
[#32]
TACO TACO
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top