Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2004 8:20:39 AM EDT
How many of you hold poker games at your house amongst friends. What's the most you've won and lost?

Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:27:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Heck ya.

We have a Hold-em tourney ever once inna while.  Last one was $50 buy in and had about 45 people...  Top prize was $1000, second $400...etc.   The leftover cash was beer and brots.  They usually go 12 hours or so!

Most I've ever won was $300 or so in a night.

Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:29:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Liquor in front, poker in the rear

On the topic, I used to play once a week with a group of friends last summer.  $20 bucks to get in, but I don't remember ever putting more in that that.  The most I've won in one hand was $50 something dollars, most I lost in one hand would be around $7 bucks or so.  I can't remember exact numbers.

Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:32:33 AM EDT
[#3]
one time i was playing with a couple of friends and a couple of dudes i'd never met before. we were playing pretty friendly, medium stakes when things started to get a little out of hand. the ante and pots kept getting bigger. i lasted until the end and had this guy against the ropes. at this point we were at no limit. i went big on this guy, probably around 600 dollars. my heart was pumping like a motherfucker and i was looking at a full house. he saw my bet and wanted to raise but he had no more money. i jokingly asked him if twenty minutes with his super-hot date would be worth $100 to him, his dumbass agreed. she looked at me and smiled, thought it was pretty funny and seemed interested. hell, i thought she was gonna slap me or something. wham, i won the hand, took my cash and the hottie and bounced. ended up "dating" for a month or two. guy i beat thought it was the funniest thing he'd ever seen, i was expecting him to try and start something.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:43:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't have them at my house very often, but I do go to games that my friends run.

the most I've ever won in a night is about $250, but usually I just win pizza and beer.  

If you want some good practice, check out Poker Room.  You can play for free or for real money if you're brave enough. It's an online game so you're playing against real people. It's much better than playing against a computer's AI, which usually isn't that good.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:48:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:50:24 AM EDT
[#6]
I  hold a game once a month at my apartment.   I play with a few faculty from a local university.  A few psychology, biology, english, and economics professors.  Those economists are a tight with their money.   But mostly people bring 20 bucks worthof quarters. Sometimes people need to dig into the cabbage, but its just a friendly game.  With only 20 bucks each, the pot never gets bigger than 50 bucks.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:50:42 AM EDT
[#7]
My card game is Bridge, but i have been known to play a hand or two of poker with friends occasionaly.

I am not very good, and would love to learn the finer points from you guys if given the oppurtunity.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 9:25:31 AM EDT
[#8]
We usually play Texas hold'em but for no more than $10.00 a hand (). Our games can go for up to 18 hours. Usually the big winner will walk out with 500.00-600.00 dollars.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 11:24:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Most of my friends wont play poker with me . We used to have a nice game with a $20 buy in and you can keep puting in cash if you go broke before the time limit .

When i was younger , I was a big time gambler. My biggest hand in was about $8k . My biggest drop was $11K a few nights later . I stoped playing for a long time after that .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top