BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/26/2021 10:29:02 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:31:20 AM EDT
[#1]
If guilty, good riddance to him.

The larger picture here though is the DNA collection method.  Don't get your DNA tested by anyone if you want privacy.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:33:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The larger picture here though is the DNA collection method.  Don't get your DNA tested by anyone if you want privacy.
View Quote

It’s family members having their DNA tested that leads to this though.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:34:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

This. Police routinely send samples to ancestry etc. and locate family matches and work from there.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:34:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Vanilla Coke?

Automatically guilty.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:34:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Imagine getting away with murder, only to be caught because you couldn't dispose of your trash properly.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:35:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Anyone who drinks Vanilla Coke is guilty as sin.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:35:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:35:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Sexual assault and murder should NEVER be eligible for parole.
In fact they should never even sit in prison taking up resources.
Death penalty. And make it quick. Like the day after convicting.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:36:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:36:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.  It is best not to murder someone and expect to get away with it.  

Unless you live in Chicago.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:36:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quick duckduckgo search says Vanilla Coke launched in 2002.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:37:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
The living quietly for 40 years makes me suspicious that there are not more murders associated with him.

But I also tend to listen to crime podcasts often and am suspicious of a lot of things.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:39:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Playing devils advocate here. How do they know he wasn’t just some unlucky guy that she had hooked up with a day or two prior and the can of coke was still in the house from then? Although looking at his mug shot, he definitely looks like the kind a person that would do that.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:39:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

How are you going to stop everyone you are genetically related to from getting tested?

I have been reluctant to submit a DNA sample to any of those family history companies. But since several family members have, my choice doesn’t really matter. It’s not like I have some heinous crime I am hiding, but you never know how that information will be used.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:39:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Pepsi Cola Rapist - Patrice ONeal
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:39:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know shit about fuck when it comes to comparing DNA from relatives to a suspect, but I do know that the feds have used some quack science in the past, swore to it as valid scientific evidence, and the truth is that it's mostly bullshit.  I hope if people are getting imprisoned that the science is actually sound in these cases.  I just don't see how anyone could trust the feds word on anything.  Proven liars who don't get called out by the system for their proven lies.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:42:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Don't get your DNA tested by anyone if you want privacy.
View Quote

I don't plan on raping and killing anyone, so I won't lose sleep over this.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:43:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Playing devils advocate here. How do they know he wasn’t just some unlucky guy that she had hooked up with a day or two prior and the can of coke was still in the house from then? Although looking at his mug shot, he definitely looks like the kind a person that would do that.
View Quote

Your first point is valid but the article doesn’t give shit for details so no idea if the DNA they gathered was jizz or a bloody smear at the window frame.

Your second point is ‘tarded.  A guy in his 60’s looks guilty in his mug shot?  Guessing that’s not much of a glamour shot for most folks.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:44:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

They probably got a family members DNA from the can and li nked it to his DNA found at the crime scene retrieved in 1981.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:47:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:47:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was wondering if it was around in 1981.  That sounded off.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:48:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

The article sucks but here’s the likely steps to finding him.

He leaves DNA at the scene.  Cold case cops run test on it now then submit it to Ancestry type places for comparison.  Probable relatives pop up from that comparison. Using that they narrow down suspects to a handful of people and go dumpster diving to get suspect’s DNA from coke can without a warrant.  Once DNA confirms that’s him they get warrant.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:48:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:49:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm waiting for the day when the cops kick in my door after my DNA is found at some crime scene.

Not because I actually committed the crime but because my DNA is on file.

We found lots of DNA on these 86 things we tested but no matches, but this 87th thing, an empty can found in the victim's bag, contained your DNA.

$75,000 later I'm a free man and will lock my cans up so the homeless don't steal them in the future.
View Quote

This

"We found your dna/fingerprint on a used casing found at a triple murder...the murderer looks like he was using range pickup brass and reloaded it with special teflon cop-killer bullets, but since your prints/dna were found at the scene, the DA in our People's Republic has decided to charge you with felony aiding and abetting"

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:50:45 AM EDT
[#25]
A guy in whatcom county in WA state got caught a couple of years ago about 30 years after rape and murder by dna through a soda can a co-worker supplied the police.  The murderer was pretty cautious about allowing his dna to be found, he had refused to supply the cops with his dna so he was on their radar and he made one slip.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:51:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:53:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I don't know shit about fuck when it comes to comparing DNA from relatives to a suspect, but I do know that the feds have used some quack science in the past, swore to it as valid scientific evidence, and the truth is that it's mostly bullshit.  I hope if people are getting imprisoned that the science is actually sound in these cases.  I just don't see how anyone could trust the feds word on anything.  Proven liars who don't get called out by the system for their proven lies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FBI crime lab and that CSI crap is based on shaky foundations. Carpet fiber samples, ballistics and even the way they do fingerprints and the old hair samples are suspect.

DNA has exonerated many people that have been convicted with their junk science. DNA science is real and accessible to others so hopefully it reduces their chance for cheating.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:53:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:56:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Imagine getting away with murder, only to be caught because you couldn't dispose of your trash properly.
View Quote

Littering and?

Littering and?

Littering and?

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:58:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Vanilla Coke?

Automatically guilty.  
View Quote

Yep.

Came to post this.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:58:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol. Like U have a choice.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:00:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Or don't murder people...

China already has my DNA. Thanks OPM.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:01:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:02:20 AM EDT
[#34]
I am leery of what DNA they have from 40 years ago.  What type of testing was done back then compared to now?  Did they keep the evidence somewhere for 40 years, if so how well was it kept in custody, how many people handled it or mishandled it over 40 years?

If the guy did it, good for catching him but the story just doesnt leave a warm and fuzzy feeling.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:04:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Pick up that can, citizen.  

Wait, that can now has your DNA on it.

You are under arrest.

I was adopted at birth.  So, if they want to use the genealogy thing to arrest me on felony charges of Aggravated Voting for Donald Trump, do they have to unseal adoption paperwork and drag my birth parents into court?  I guess that would be one way to track them down....
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:05:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I am leery of what DNA they have from 40 years ago.  What type of testing was done back then compared to now?  Did they keep the evidence somewhere for 40 years, if so how well was it kept in custody, how many people handled it or mishandled it over 40 years?

If the guy did it, good for catching him but the story just doesnt leave a warm and fuzzy feeling.
View Quote

OJ's evidence was thrown out because it sat on the hood of a police car for 30 minutes.   But, 40 year old DNA in a damp basement somewhere is enough to convict average people.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:06:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The living quietly for 40 years makes me suspicious that there are not more murders associated with him.

But I also tend to listen to crime podcasts often and am suspicious of a lot of things.
View Quote
"And he did NOT lead a quiet life since the murder- arrested many times, he even served three years in prison for a burglary that happened AFTER the murder."

From the comments.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:06:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The article sucks but here's the likely steps to finding him.

He leaves DNA at the scene.  Cold case cops run test on it now then submit it to Ancestry type places for comparison.  Probable relatives pop up from that comparison. Using that they narrow down suspects to a handful of people and go dumpster diving to get suspect's DNA from coke can without a warrant. Once DNA confirms that's him they get warrant.
View Quote
A warrant is not needed to collect trash.

Further reading - Curtilage
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:06:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

This

"We found your dna/fingerprint on a used casing found at a triple murder...the murderer looks like he was using range pickup brass and reloaded it with special teflon cop-killer bullets, but since your prints/dna were found at the scene, the DA in our People's Republic has decided to charge you with felony aiding and abetting"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm waiting for the day when the cops kick in my door after my DNA is found at some crime scene.

We found lots of DNA on these 86 things we tested but no matches, but this 87th thing, an empty can found in the victim's bag, contained your DNA.

$75,000 later I'm a free man and will lock my cans up so the homeless don't steal them in the future.

This

I remember a futuristic tv shows a few years back,where the bad guys had some kind of DNA bomb they set off at a crime scene. I could see that as a countermeasure someday.

How hard would it be to go to parking lots and collect cigarette butts/chewed bubble gum/etc and have a bag full of other peoples DNA to leave at a crime scene? Throw some reasonable doubt out there anyway.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:09:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

This ^ is why below isn't the law, thankfully.
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:11:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I don't plan on raping and killing anyone, so I won't lose sleep over this.
View Quote

I'm sure you don't plan on abducting a child so you won't lose any sleep over the police searching your home, car and property any time a child is missing. Let the government have unlimited power since you don't plan on breaking any laws = dumbest logic on the interwebs.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:13:27 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I remember a futuristic tv shows a few years back,where the bad guys had some kind of DNA bomb they set off at a crime scene. I could see that as a countermeasure someday.

How hard would it be to go to parking lots and collect cigarette butts/chewed bubble gum/etc and have a bag full of other peoples DNA to leave at a crime scene? Throw some reasonable doubt out there anyway.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

Don't you think LEOs would identify the fact that there are a shit ton of different DNA samples.  They generally talk to people before they go and get a warrant to arrest.  At that point, the subject would have the ability to offer an alibi which would more than likely be vetted prior to arrest.  

In this case, I am willing to bet there is potentially some other indirect evidence that led to this person's arrest in addition to the DNA evidence.

ETA: Grammar
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:14:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

exactly this. they caught an alaskan murderer from 25 years ago recently here in maine because his relative was in a genetic database. They went ot her and asked " have any of your male reletives been to alaska? she said her nephew had gone to college there for a year" they then got DNA sample from nephew and it was a match to semen at the scene.
(i lived in teh dorm where it happened, several years after the fact)
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:16:42 AM EDT
[#44]
“Quayle was found by her father covered in blood with several broken fingernails and red marks that were "consistent with the shape of fingers," according to a police report.”

Having a daughter, I don’t even want to try to imagine finding a loved one like that and then going to my grave not knowing that the killer would some day be found and hopefully justice would eventually be served.

I would be living life a very bitter man.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:18:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Don't you think LEOs would identify the fact that there are a shit ton of different DNA samples.  They generally talk to people before they go and get a warrant to arrest.  At that point, the subject would have the ability to offer an alibi which would more than likely be vetted prior to arrest.  

In this case, I am willing to bet there is potentially some other indirect evidence that led to this person's arrest in addition to the DNA evidence.

View Quote
Yes, that's usually how these things go. The DNA results make all the other evidentiary bits line up. Might have been as simple as confronting the suspect and he confessed.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:23:47 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Yes, that's usually how these things go. The DNA results make all the other evidentiary bits line up. Might have been as simple as confronting the suspect and he confessed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This wasn't for just you but other people posting thinking this dude was ripped from his house because his DNA was at the crime scene.  I would love to read the affidavit.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:31:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Vanilla Coke?

Automatically guilty.  
View Quote

Concur. Helps establishes my innocence.  Besides, I was in Californiastan at the time.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:34:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Snip

According to the District attorney, Anderson will be tried under laws that were in effect during 1981 — meaning he could be sentenced to life in prison with a chance of parole after 20 years, should he be convicted.

He faces two counts of first-degree murder, according to court records.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/dna-vanilla-coke-colorado-murder-cold-case

View Quote

If he's going to be prosecuted under 1981 laws why isn't the death penalty in play, according to the webz, that wasn't abolished until 2020.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:37:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

The crew in the movie The Town bought hair from the local barbershop and dumped it in their getaway car...."all the DNA in Charlestown".

To quote a friend of mine from years ago.....' If you are going to commit a crime pick up cigarette buds and empty cans from around police station and city hall and leave them spread around the crime scene. Good luck unwinding that knot officer/detective/prosecutor/judge.'
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:39:01 AM EDT
[#50]
Guy looks like a chicken fucker
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top