Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 2/25/2021 12:46:57 PM EDT
USA Today - Young Black Men "teens" make up more than a third of 2019 gun homicides

Young Black men and teens made up more than a third of firearm homicide victims in the USA in 2019, one of several disparities revealed in a review of gun mortality data released Tuesday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The analysis, titled "A Public Health Crisis in the Making," found that although Black men and boys ages 15 to 34 make up just 2% of the nation's population, they were among 37% of gun homicides that year.

That's 20 times higher than white males of the same age group.

Of all reported firearm homicides in 2019, more than half of victims were Black men, according to the study spearheaded by the Educational Fund to Stop Gun Violence and the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence. Sixty-three percent of male victims were Black.

The contrast is even more stark when the rates were compared with white people: Across all ages, Black men were nearly 14 times more likely to die in a firearm homicide than white men, and eight times more likely to die in a firearm homicide than the general population, including women.

"That should include really viewing gun violence as a public health issue. The business of public health is population wellness – looking at how we can decrease the disease burden or the threat of injury to the population at large," he said. "And gun violence is definitely a problem that should be looked at through that lens."

So Democrats want to take way the guns of 50 year old white males ...
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:48:47 PM EDT
[#1]
We need more midnight basketball.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:49:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:49:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Dats waysis
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:50:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Have you ever listened to their music? It's full of glorifying killing.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:51:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Despite...
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:52:45 PM EDT
[#6]
People think statistics don't be like they be, but they do.

Or something like that...

You'd think the left should say, "it's a problem that an entire segment of society is being killed off," but it's almost like they're encouraging it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:53:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I was told its racist to point this out.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:53:11 PM EDT
[#8]
The Left wants the guns you have. They could care less about the illegal guns that criminals use.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:53:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Did they also have stats on who was shooting all those black men and boys ages 15-34?

I wonder how that breaks down?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:54:10 PM EDT
[#10]
The 1350 project.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:54:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Facts are racist. I don't know maybe having a father would be a good start on changing this
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:54:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Here is the really racist part, look up who is pulling all those triggers!

Hint, it ain't white people!
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:56:01 PM EDT
[#13]
"Evidence suggests gun homicides rose "dramatically" last year during the pandemic,"

The pandemic, eh?  I wonder if there was anything else going on at that time.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:56:58 PM EDT
[#14]
It has always been that way: racism is bad, but we have to sustain our high-density economic zones, so we need to oppress everyone equally on paper.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:57:46 PM EDT
[#15]
its the NrA's fault.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:59:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Left wants the guns you have. They could care less about the illegal guns that criminals use.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:00:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
"Evidence suggests gun homicides rose "dramatically" last year during the pandemic,"

View Quote

Highest increase on record, 30%, going up after the BLM riots began. Prior to that homicide rates were low during the pandemic.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:03:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I was told its racist to point this out.
View Quote

USA Today = Racist?

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:04:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Mostly peaceful murders?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:06:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Huh, that’s a very creative way to try and reframe that statistic. Irony. What would be more useful than who was killed, was who killed them. I don’t know why that isn’t in the article.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:08:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Huh, that’s a very creative way to try and reframe that statistic. Irony. What would be more useful than who was killed, was who killed them. I don’t know why that isn’t in the article.
View Quote

yes.. basically pointing out that sgment as victim rather than a culprit...

lame
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:11:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Did they also have stats on who was shooting all those black men and boys ages 15-34?

View Quote

They want you to think it's the police.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:12:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Exactly the demographic that never uses illegally obtained weapons and has a very high compliance rate for new laws.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:12:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Maybe they should stop shooting each other?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:13:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Of course.

Look at how many concessions we make towards dealing with the homeless, gays, trans, seriously mentally ill etc.

Restricting the majority to allow the conduct of the minority is the New American Way.

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:14:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Crime is R A C I S T
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:16:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

All those Covid deaths!  Those poor boys should have been wearing their masks.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:19:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because when you add in black on white murders, it pushes the total well past 50%, all from that same 2% of the population.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:21:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Teach them not to shoot each other
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:22:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Reparations are needed.

That way more of the nation's wealth will get shipped to the Central and South American narco-terrorists.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:24:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:24:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's undocumented you raycis pistolophobe.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:26:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Of all reported firearm homicides in 2019, more than half of victims perpetrators were Black men
View Quote

FIFY.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:26:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah, I see now why must defund the police...
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:28:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Wasn't it just a few years ago that if you were a white male (not hispanic,) you were more likely to be killed by a gun in the UK, than in America??
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:35:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Novel idea, but I am sure that the libs would rather decriminalize murder, blame murde on racism while they strip away the rights of 300 plus citizens and the untold who have yet to be born.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:36:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Well there’s a surprise. To be fair, we’ve seen example after example of homicide being a reasonable response for a homie getting “disrespected”
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:36:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Saw this this morning. Shhhhhhhocking. Doesn’t bring up who’s causing it. Also SHOCKING.

This is the quote that you need to pay attention to. This is the reason we don’t want the CDC looking at guns at all. Fucking gobbledie gook nothingness that is all about banning in the end:

"That should include really viewing gun violence as a public health issue. The business of public health is population wellness – looking at how we can decrease the disease burden or the threat of injury to the population at large," he said. "And gun violence is definitely a problem that should be looked at through that lens."
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:45:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:47:09 PM EDT
[#40]
It must be true.
I killed 3 people before lunch.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:47:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Maybe we should be controlling the part of the population that causes the crimes?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:48:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Lol, it is the exact same statistic for who the killers of these blacks boys are.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:49:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Thought  these were figures you couldn't point out or facts you can't mention type stuff.  I always thought it was 61/2 percent does 50 percent. I told a reporter once if you get Black Men to stop killing one another there wouldn't be a gun crime issue. He didn't have a clue
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:50:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The Black urban youth culture of today glorifies drugs, violence, pre-teen sex, and everything that leads to failure in the broader American culture. But that's not enough they also attack things like intelligence, education, public service, and trustworthiness as being things their culture doesn't value at all.

And they sit in their filth and wonder why they're not successful like they see people in every other culture in America.

Yet the democrats demand we embrace that failed culture as being equal to any. Nope.
View Quote

Yup.

Its the culture not the race that is the root cause of all of the problems that they face in America.

I bet if we throw trillions of dollars at it, it will resolve itself right?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:56:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

lame
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lame

Some "Segments" feel it justifies their Very Generous Financial & Other Assistance (Affirmative Action, Section 8 housing, College Acceptance Preferences, ... ...) by VICTIMHOOD status...
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:56:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The Black urban youth culture of today glorifies drugs, violence, pre-teen sex, and everything that leads to failure in the broader American culture. But that's not enough they also attack things like intelligence, education, public service, and trustworthiness as being things their culture doesn't value at all.

And they sit in their filth and wonder why they're not successful like they see people in every other culture in America.

Yet the democrats demand we embrace that failed culture as being equal to any. Nope.
View Quote

Very good summation of the entire problem.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:57:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:58:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Have you seen Ammo Prices lately?

Used to be a HIGH ROLLER PIMP DADDY's flaunted their wealth drinking Hennessy & Crystal Champaign.

Now when they want to flaunt their $$$$, they shoot a victim MULTIPLE times...

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:58:43 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm unclear why the Ministry of Truth let that article get printed.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:00:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Shoutout to the 13% crew

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top