Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2004 3:06:45 PM EDT
My wife is a lovely woman. Her principal shortcoming is that she is a true swing voter, who probably really hasn't made up her mind yet in the presidential race. She is generally an excellent barometer of Middle-American trends. Herewith, a summary of a conversation we had this afternoon.

Her: I'm tired of that Iraqi prisoner business. Those photos are demeaning to the prisoners & the soldiers, and they should stop showing them.

Me: Yup. We all know pretty much what happened, and it's being handled.

H: And they need to leave Rumsfeld alone. He's an honorable man and we need him to defend America. He's taking responsibility, and he's taking care of the problem

M: I couldn't agree more.

H: I am really tired of those pictures.

M: You know, they keep showing them because they think they'll make you vote for Kerry.

H: I usually disagree with you about that [media bias] but today, I realized you're right about this one. It's political.

Bwahahahahaha! I believe they have screwed up and showed their hand.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:08:02 PM EDT
[#1]
One can but hope.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:13:34 PM EDT
[#2]
They ALWAYS screw up and show their hand.  They are crappy poker players.
And it is nice to see somebody call them 'leftists', because they are not liberals.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:17:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Have you noticed the assholes have shut the fuck up about the economy, recently?

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:19:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Have you noticed the assholes have shut the fuck up about the economy, recently?

They're losing their issues, one by one.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:25:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey, wait, how come they haven't been showing pics of our crispy charred boys hung off of those bridges? Oh! Right! Because they're a pack of lefty red diaper doper babies!
The left is in a death spiral now.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:36:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hey, wait, how come they haven't been showing pics of our crispy charred boys hung off of those bridges? Oh! Right! Because they're a pack of lefty red diaper doper babies!
The left is in a death spiral now.

All the while thinking that the right is the side in a death spiral.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:37:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I hope you guys are right. BTW my wife gets it too.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:40:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
They ALWAYS screw up and show their hand.  They are crappy poker players.
And it is nice to see somebody call them 'leftists', because they are not liberals.

My pal "Doublefeed" !

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top