Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2004 12:08:18 PM EDT

TSENTOROY, RUSSIAN FEDERATION: A Russian special forces soldier stands on attention during the funeral ceremony of the assassinated pro-Russian Chechen leader Akhmad Kadyrov in the village of Tsentoroy, 10 May 2004, where Kadyrov's family is based. Chechens buried their assassinated pro-Kremlin president Akhmad Kadyrov on Monday as Moscow scrambled to figure out a new strategy for winning control of the restless region after losing its main ally there. Some 3,000 people marched through the main street of this village where Kadyrov's family is based in Chechnya under a scorching sun chanting traditional prayers and paying their respects to a man in whom the Kremlin put its trust. AFP PHOTO / MAXIM MARMUR

An Indian policeman stands guard as Kashmiri Muslim women wait to cast their votes during the fifth and the last phase Indian elections in Doda, 230 km (143 miles), south of Srinagar May 10, 2004. India, the world's most populous democracy, votes on Monday in the final and largest phase of a three-week-long parliamentary election. REUTERS/Amit Gupta

DODA, INDIA: Indian policemen stand guard in a nearly deserted street outside a polling station, in Doda some 200 kilometres south of Kashmir's summer capital Srinagar, 10 May 2004. India went to the polls in the fifth and last leg of its marathon election, with 215 million voters expected to cast their votes in the biggest of five rounds of voting that began April 20. AFP PHOTO/Tauseef MUSTAFA

A Gendarmerie officer guards the entrance to the special court in Belgrade while Milorad Lukovic, former elite police unit commander and the alleged mastermind of the assassination of Serbia's reformist prime minister Zoran Djindjic, appears in court for the first time, Monday May 10 2004, after 14 months on the run. Lukovic, who surrendered to police last week, had asked for a 45-day recess before entering a plea. A panel of judges agreed to give him 30 days to organize his defense. (AP Photo / Darko VojInovic)

Government soldiers carry ballot boxes into the tabulation center Monday, May 10, 2004, in Lamitan town on Basilan island in southern Philippines. Tabulations of votes from remote areas were moved to the town proper to avoid harrassment from different armed groups that proliferate the island. (AP Photo/Pat Roque)

An armed policeman stands guard next to an administative building in which ballots of the March 20 presidential election are stored, awaiting a recount, Sunday, May 9, 2004, in Taipei, Taiwan. Taiwan starts recounting the ballots in the March presidential election on Monday, bringing the island closer to resolving the dispute over the vote that provoked weeks of massive and often rowdy street protests. President Chen Shui-bian won the March 20 election by just under 30,000 of the 13 million votes cast,prompting the opposition to allege the poll was marred by fraud. The recount is expected to take 10 days to complete, right before the president's May 20 inauguration. (AP Photo/Jerome Favre)

Local children look on a U.S special forces member during their patrol at Manogay village near Camp Blassing Base at Konar province, about 170 kilometers (106 miles) northeast of Kabul, Afghanistan, Monday, May 10, 2004. U.S. special forces and Afghan security forces discovered a cache of weapons and ammunition where they found mortar rounds, recoilless rifle rounds and large caliber ammunition, during a raid at this tiny farming village near their base. (AP Photo/Emilio Morenatti)

As a bodyguard watches onlookers, Afghan President Hamad Karzai (C) talks to Herat Governor Ismail Khan (L) as they walk to a memorial for Khan's recently murdered son, during a meeting in the western Afghan city of Herat on May 10, 2004. Karzai flew into Herat on Monday for talks with the country's most powerful regional leader, as he bids to extend his authority outside Kabul and kick-start a stalled disarmament programme. REUTERS/Tim Wimborne

An Afghan soldier patrols at mountains above Manogay village near Camp Blassing Base at Konar province, about 170 kilometers (106 miles) northeast of Kabul, Afghanistan, Monday, May 10, 2004. U.S special forces and Afghan Security forces together police porous and mountainous near Pakistan, which has been the subject of an intensifying search for al-Qaida and Taliban fugitives. (AP Photo/Emilio Morenatti)

U.S. Marines from the 1st Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment get into position to guard the perimeter of a city council meeting in Kandari, Iraq, Monday, May 10, 2004. (AP Photo/Jim MacMillan)

BAGHDAD, IRAQ: US soldiers of the 1st Cavalry, 81th Engineer Battalion secures a position near the Sunni Muslim mosque of Um al Qura, west of Baghdad 10 May 2004, during a patrol in the outskirts of war torn city. Brigadier General Jeffrey Hammond of the First Cavalry Division, responsible for the Iraqi capital said that 35 militiamen loyal to wanted cleric Moqtada Sadr had been killed in Baghdad's Shiite neighborhood of Sadr City since fighting erupted over the arrest of Amer al-Husseini, a key Sadr lieutenant. AFP PHOTO/ Antonio SCORZA

FALLUJAH, IRAQ: A member of the Iraq Civil Defense Corps (ICDC) runs past a US military policeman taking a defensive position at a checkpoint on the outskirts of Fallujah as they hear gunfire from the restive city 10 May 2004. Celebratory gunfire rattled across the Sunni Muslim bastion of Fallujah as US marines in a dozen armoured vehicles entered the war-battered city on a symbolic tour and met with local leaders. Both Iraqi police and masked insurgents shot off rounds and people flooded the streets, waving Iraqi national flags and honking their car horns in jubilation over what they mistakenly believed was a deal between the marines and the city's leaders to scale back the US presence in Fallujah. EDS NOTE: Adding background to clarify reason of celebration. AFP PHOTO/Roberto SCHMIDT

FALLUJAH, IRAQ: A US military policeman of the Pennsylvania National Guard, Bravo Company, 2nd of the 103rd Armor, takes a defensive position at a checkpoint on the outskirts of Fallujah, 50 kms west of Baghdad, as gunfire is heard from the restive city 10 May 2004. 10 May 2004. Celebratory gunfire rattled across the Sunni Muslim bastion of Fallujah as US marines in a dozen armoured vehicles entered the war-battered city on a symbolic tour and met with local leaders. Both Iraqi police and masked insurgents shot off rounds and people flooded the streets, waving Iraqi national flags and honking their car horns in jubilation over what they mistakenly believed was a deal between the marines and the city's leaders to scale back the US presence in Fallujah. EDS NOTE: Adding background to clarify reason of celebration. AFP PHOTO/Roberto SCHMIDT

FALLUJAH, IRAQ: Residents of Fallujah take to streets of the restive city, 50 kms west of Baghdad, to celebrate what they thought was a deal between the US marines and the city's leaders to scale back the US presence in Fallujah, 10 May 2004. Celebratory gunfire rattled across the Sunni Muslim bastion of Fallujah as US marines in a dozen armoured vehicles entered the war-battered city on a symbolic tour and met with local leaders. Both Iraqi police and masked insurgents shot off rounds and people flooded the streets, waving Iraqi national flags and honking their car horns in jubilation over what they mistakenly believed was a deal to scale back the US presence in Fallujah. EDS NOTE: Adding background to clarify reason of celebration. AFP PHOTO/Roberto SCHMIDT
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:12:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:16:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Wildflower cammo?  

I didn't know Jim Brickman took his soothing piano music to Iraq.

www.jimbrickman.com/
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:17:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Edited and deleted since the damn pic kept red x'ing on me
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:22:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I think I'm looking at little stickers of stars, smiley faces, etc. Somebody please tell me I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:27:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
a1112.g.akamai.net/7/1112/492/03312000/news.lycos.com/news/ot_getImage.asp?op=img&id=601345
Wildflower cammo?

It's for hiding in the poppy fields.  
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:28:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I think I'm looking at little stickers of stars, smiley faces, etc. Somebody please tell me I'm wrong.

Yeah, that's what I see.  That's either what happens when you loan your rifle to your 7 year old daughter, or it's some type of new Crayola brand rifle camo paint.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:30:03 PM EDT
[#7]
whats with the big ass helmet on the ruskie?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:41:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

That's no Russki, that's a Spaceball trooper!

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:43:43 PM EDT
[#9]
yeah, no shit. are they using styrafoam instead of kevlar?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:45:42 PM EDT
[#10]
lol he looks like this poor kitty
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:47:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

That is one big helmet.

Reminds me of Spaceballs!
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:48:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Those are cool.  I enjoyed seeing all the Russian stuff in the videos from yesterday's tragedy in Chenya - camo, AK74s, etc... (not the tragedy itself but all the Russian special ops gear)
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:53:58 PM EDT
[#13]
OH MY GOD!! i thought the same exact thing.

too funny!
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 1:22:21 PM EDT
[#14]

This man has a 5 year old daughter.

This man's muzzle looks wierd?!
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 1:30:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Plastic muzzle cap.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 1:45:14 PM EDT
[#16]
I know Nomar Garciaparra hasn't played yet this season, but I didn't realize he was rehabing in Afghanistan!

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 1:50:39 PM EDT
[#17]
look at the third guy overs mag, its bent kinda like an AK mag...
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 1:58:16 PM EDT
[#18]
THANKS LUMPY!
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 2:20:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Please tell me that there is more than just rubberbands keeping that soldier's light ACOF, and PEQ mounted!!!!!

heh heh heh

Good job, as usual, Lump!
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 2:47:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks for the photos, thanks Lumpy.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 2:49:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 2:49:22 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
a1112.g.akamai.net/7/1112/492/03312000/news.lycos.com/news/ot_getImage.asp?op=img&id=601345

AK by Barbie? (What I imagine mine would look like if I left it where my daughter could "Decorate it for Daddy..."

cache.gettyimages.com/comp/50819937.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=B84D4F1548A4F56E8D1AAD8518169D23A9C30E9B9B114CE8

Plastic muzzle cap - keep out the dust, shoot off if need be. 28th ID?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 2:59:10 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
look at the third guy overs mag, its bent kinda like an AK mag...
a1112.g.akamai.net/7/1112/492/03312000/news.lycos.com/news/ot_getImage.asp?op=img&id=601332

Local jackleg manufacture.  Seems to be a Phillipine specialty.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:14:39 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

AK by Barbie? (What I imagine mine would look like if I left it where my daughter could "Decorate it for Daddy..."

cache.gettyimages.com/comp/50819937.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=B84D4F1548A4F56E8D1AAD8518169D23A9C30E9B9B114CE8

Plastic muzzle cap - keep out the dust, shoot off if need be. 28th ID?

Ah, hadn't seen one before.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top