Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2004 8:25:26 AM EDT
Get yours before its all gone!

www.cbc.ca/stories/2004/05/10/canada/airport_tnt040510

TNT planted in passenger's bag
Last Updated Mon, 10 May 2004 9:47:25
MONTREAL - Airport officials in Montreal hope on Monday to be able to explain how explosives used for security training ended up in a passenger's luggage.

INDEPTH: Airport Security

A man who had arrived at Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport from a European vacation on Friday discovered a package of TNT in his bag later that night at a home in Magog, Que.
Police said there was no danger of an explosion because there was no detonator.

Security workers at the airport use explosives planted in luggage to train sniffer dogs, but officials said they use their own suitcases or luggage that has gone unclaimed. They don't plant explosives in passengers' bags, officials said.

The TNT was put in the unsuspecting traveller's luggage on Friday, while he left his bags for a short time at a consignment area.

Pierre Goupil, head of airport security, said staff knew within minutes that the test had gone awry, and tried to find the luggage by alerting airlines, broadcasting messages over the public address system and sending people to search the parking areas.

Quebec provincial police are investigating, and the airport is conducting an internal analysis to try to find out exactly how it happened.

The airport is sorry to have inconvenienced the passenger, Goupil said.

Written by CBC News Online staff

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:27:27 AM EDT
[#1]
"Oops, anyone see my TNT?"
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:35:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Hes lucky he found it before a cop could find it for him
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 11:32:50 AM EDT
[#3]
BOY OH BOY if a screener somewhere else had found it talk about your ass being in a sling.

That said, I would have kept it
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 11:39:44 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
BOY OH BOY if a screener somewhere else had found it talk about your ass being in a sling.

That said, I would have kept it

Yeah but they're "sorry to have inconvenienced the passenger" so no matter what happened it would be all good.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 11:41:45 AM EDT
[#5]
that's just wrong.

I'd keep it, or take it out and shoot it!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top