Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2004 10:54:03 PM EDT
I don't know if this has been posted, but I recently found a 2004 nickel with a FRENCH hand on the back  It's an image of an American hand (hand with eagle on it) shaking a French hand to commemorate the Lousiana Purchase.  I thought everyone hated the French, is the Gov't trying to get back on their good side or something?

Digital
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:00:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Get a grip. That would commemorate the US greatly expanding its land base and the beginning of the french slide towards complete irrelevancy on the world scene.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:04:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Get a grip. That would commemorate the US greatly expanding its land base and the beginning of the french slide towards complete irrelevancy on the world scene.

Ah, every cloud has a silver lining

Digital
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:11:05 PM EDT
[#3]
i wouldnt be too upset.

just think. how long would it take to initiate a change on a nickle that hasnt been changed in 45+ years.

im sure the dicision was made well before the french became pussies over the war on terror.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top