Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2004 2:08:52 PM EDT
I enjoy Myth Busters but I am not sure about the hosts.  Anyone else think they might be gay?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 2:10:11 PM EDT
[#1]
no
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 2:10:57 PM EDT
[#2]
They are anything but gay.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 2:12:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I think they are both polesmokers.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 2:13:17 PM EDT
[#4]
uhh... why do you think they're gay?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 2:30:17 PM EDT
[#5]
not gay, just abnormal
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 2:32:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I thought the same thing myself until Adam mentioned his kids in one of the episodes.

E-95
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 2:33:36 PM EDT
[#7]
The red headed guy is married supposedly. I think Jamie might be a sperm burper though. Not sure.

Did anybody hear that Jamie (bald guy) is ex- Special Forces or is that total BS?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 2:35:33 PM EDT
[#8]
In one episode Adam stated Jamie is former SF.  Anyone else here this?

Edit: LOL, we must have been typing this at the exact same moment because I was just wondering if anyone else heard that mention of Jamie being former SF.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 2:37:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Jaime is former SF. No doubt about it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 2:40:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I think it's a pretty neat show to watch, you learn some cool stuff. I think the best one was where they upped the RPM of a washing machine and put the crash test dummy in it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 2:41:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Confirmation?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 2:59:10 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I think it's a pretty neat show to watch, you learn some cool stuff. I think the best one was where they upped the RPM of a washing machine and put the crash test dummy in it.

Ditto..great show.

I sit and watch with my 11 year old son.  We crack up every time "Buster" gets beat up on.

My wife thinks they are idiots.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 3:01:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Eh, they both seem like they're pretty smart guys. They think up some ingenius stuff and have a pretty nice workshop.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 3:03:45 PM EDT
[#14]
The bald guy is cool.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 3:04:38 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Did anybody hear that Jamie (bald guy) is ex- Special Forces or is that total BS?

There are a couple of websites run by SP/SpecOps guys whose sole fun on the Net is
to confirm/deny the status of this. If you get his name, and submit it, they could
probably tell you.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 3:18:18 PM EDT
[#16]
I like the show myself.  They do some prety cool stuff.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 3:38:34 PM EDT
[#17]

from the Discovery Channel's website:

Jamie Hyneman, Co-Host

Hailing from Indiana farm country, Jamie Hyneman is a multifaceted man: wilderness survival expert, boat captain, diver, linguist, animal wrangler, machinist and chef, to name a few. His career has been equally diverse: Jamie earned a degree in Russian languages and literature and ran a sailing/diving charter business in the Caribbean for several years before he moved over to the visual-effects industry.
Once he had joined that field and had worked for several production companies, Jamie found his way to Colossal Pictures' model shop, where he managed the production of models and special effects for hundreds of commercials and movies. Then, eight years ago, Jamie took over the shop and created M5 Industries Inc.

Today, the top U.S. production companies seek out M5 Industries when unusual or problematic props need to be fabricated, especially if they involve animatronics or robotics.

Jamie has also worked on commercials for major automobile manufacturers, soft-drink companies (including 7-UP) and athletic shoe companies (including Nike). And in the midst of all this activity, Jamie has diversified his company into toy prototyping as well.

The holder of several patents and the winner of numerous industry awards Jamie is also a long-standing Screen Actors Guild member.

Adam Savage, Co-Host

Simply put, Adam Savage makes stuff. He's constructed everything from spaceships to Buddhas, from puppets to rifles, from sculptures to toys ... and just about anything else imaginable.
Adam's fascination with creating things started when he began building his own toys at age 5, and he hasn't stopped since. He's served as an animator, graphic designer, stage and interior designer, carpenter, welder and scenic painter, and he's worked in everything from metal to glass, plastics to injection molding, and pneumatics to animatronics.

But for the past eight years, Adam has concentrated on the special-effects industry, honing his skills through more than 100 television commercials and 12 feature films, including Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace and Episode II: Attack of the Clones, Galaxy Quest, Terminator 3, A.I. and the Matrix sequels. He's also designed props and sets for Coca-Cola, Hershey's, Lexus and a host of New York and San Francisco theater companies.

His skills don't end there. Not only has he worked in the research and diagnostic division for several toy companies, but he's also acted in several films and commercials — including a Charmin ad, in which he played Mr. Whipples' stock boy.

And now, in addition to co-hosting Discovery Channel's MythBusters, Adam also teaches advanced model making, most recently in the industrial design department at the San Francisco Academy of Art. And somehow, he also finds time to devote to his own art; his sculptures have been showcased in over 40 shows in San Francisco, New York and Charleston, W.V.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 3:55:44 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Confirmation?

My apologies. I meant in my mind, I didn't have many doubts about it. He wears his beret properly, for one thing... The show uses plenty of military jargon, and he knows where all the surplus stores are. He is a genius when it comes to explosives,  building, etc., which leads me to believe he could have been an engineer ( forgot the 18 designation, ie, 18Bravo = weapons ).

The hell of all of it is, I read all over the net, and everyone hints at his possible military carreer, but he remains quiet about it, which also could signify his service. From all the SF guys I've met, they are all extrordinarily quiet about their service.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 4:28:06 PM EDT
[#19]
They get to do a lot of fun stuff.  Especially blowing stuff up, firing rifles at things and building full sized remote control vehicles.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 4:31:47 PM EDT
[#20]
I thought they mentioned him being involved with diving and explosives in the show where they sunk the fishing boat.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 4:37:50 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I enjoy Myth Busters but I am not sure about the hosts.  Anyone else think they might be gay?

Sheesh ! Who gives a damn ? If it bothers you then don't watch the damn show. I've never seen a site with so many members obsessed about gays and whether somebody or other is gay.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 4:39:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Well I'm not gay for one. Really. I'm not. Stop looking at me. I'm really not.

Have I mentioned I'm not gay?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:25:19 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Well I'm not gay for one. Really. I'm not. Stop looking at me. I'm really not.

Have I mentioned I'm not gay?

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:33:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Not gay.  And I agree with Bill- way too many folks on this site are obsessed with homosexuality.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:40:27 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

from the Discovery Channel's website:

Jamie Hyneman, Co-Host
<SNIP>

The holder of several patents.

I looked up his name on USPTO and only found 1 patent under assignee and/or inventor name.  But for his craft, I am sure he does well...

(note: he could have an alias on TV so we do not know his real name...)
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:45:59 PM EDT
[#26]
All I know is that I am extremely Gay. Im so Gay that I get a hard on when I eat a Hot Dog. Ive seen more Johnsons then an Army doctor and I like it!
Whos cares if they are gay they do alot of cool things.....
And I dont think they are Gay, well at least not as Gay as me.
Keep reaching for that rainbow bitches!
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:47:32 PM EDT
[#27]
They don't seem gay to me.  i don't care either way, it's an interesting show.

Hoppy8420
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:48:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:03:20 PM EDT
[#29]
i love the show but sometimes they get on the wrong track. for instance in one episode they were talking about how this one guy was assassinated by poison. What happend is he was stabbed (supposedly by accident) with an umbrella while out walking. another walker tripped and shoved just the tiny tip of his umbrella into the guy's leg. the tip of the umbrella was a hypodermic needle though and injected a tiny bb like ball filled with a deadly poison with holes to release the poison over time.

the two myth busters were trying to make or break the "myth" (which is actually fact) by trying to make a bb air gun out of an umbrella and seeing if they could generate enough air pressure through their umbrella gun to penetrate flesh.

what in the world this has to to with a hypodermic needle and injection i will never know.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:06:03 PM EDT
[#30]
you forgot the intern chick, who I don't think I've ever seen on the show

Christine Chamberlain, Mythtern

Born in the nation's capital, Washington D.C., Christine Chamberlain spent her formative years growing up in Northern Virginia.

Shunning a traditional teenage "career" in the fast-food industry, Christine worked in a stained-glass studio, where she learned how a studio/shop runs and operates.

She started college in Richmond, Va., studying fine art. However, being a practical girl at heart, Christine took a lifelong sabbatical from college and landed a job as a graphic artist and producer for a Fox affiliate. Here she met her future husband, who had built the station and stayed on as their chief engineer.

Two weeks after they married, Christine and her husband moved to Saudi Arabia, where she developed a deep appreciation for the desert and Middle Eastern cultures. From the Saudi Kingdom, they relocated to Dubai, United Arab Emirates, and then back to the United States, where she worked at Capital Television Network as head of the graphics department.

She missed the desert so much, though, that she and her husband moved back to Dubai for three years. When her stint in the Middle East ended, she returned home and worked for Pinnacle Towers, a communications company out of Florida, and spent two and a half years traveling the United States.

Throughout her travels, Christine never stopped her pursuit and study of art. She is an accomplished printmaker who specializes in intaglio techniques.

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:15:50 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
i love the show but sometimes they get on the wrong track. for instance in one episode they were talking about how this one guy was assassinated by poison. What happend is he was stabbed (supposedly by accident) with an umbrella while out walking. another walker tripped and shoved just the tiny tip of his umbrella into the guy's leg. the tip of the umbrella was a hypodermic needle though and injected a tiny bb like ball filled with a deadly poison with holes to release the poison over time.

the two myth busters were trying to make or break the "myth" (which is actually fact) by trying to make a bb air gun out of an umbrella and seeing if they could generate enough air pressure through their umbrella gun to penetrate flesh.

what in the world this has to to with a hypodermic needle and injection i will never know.

It started with clandestine assasination methods.  The first myth was of the ice bullets. (they broke up before they even hit the target), then they got started on the umbrella thing and tried to make some gas powered poison delevery devise.

Hoppy8420
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:40:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Gadar is pegged... they pop up on the scopes as big gay flashes of green light.

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:08:16 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
you forgot the intern chick, who I don't think I've ever seen on the show

I did see her in one show, they made a mold of her butt
to test the myth of an airplane toilet creating enough vacuum
to lock someone onto the seat.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:05:40 AM EDT
[#34]
The guy with beret reminds me too much of "Men on Films" from In Living Color.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:12:39 AM EDT
[#35]
I don't care if they are gay but my girl lfriend and I had a bet.  She has a few gay male friends and co-workers.  She doesn't think they are gay.  I think the bald guy is.  Either way it doesn't matter. I was just curious about what you guys thought.  
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:17:35 AM EDT
[#36]
For a SF guy, I didn't think he knew much about firearms or used common "gun guy" terminology on the episode with the ice bullet.   I guess it could have been edited to not offend the anti crowd.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:37:10 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I thought the same thing myself until Adam mentioned his kids in one of the episodes.

E-95

Like that matters
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:50:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Who cares?  Its a good show.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:55:14 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

E-95

Like that matters

Well, that's true.  Still, it's an interesting and entertaining show to watch.  Personally, I don't care which way they swing.  They're both intelligent and innovative guys who like to make things explode.  What's not to like?

E-95
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 10:37:52 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

E-95

Like that matters

Well, that's true.  Still, it's an interesting and entertaining show to watch.  Personally, I don't care which way they swing.  They're both intelligent and innovative guys who like to make things explode.  What's not to like?

E-95

Pole smoking?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 10:51:24 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

E-95

Like that matters

E-95

Pole smoking?

I meant what's not to like about the show.  I've seen no evidence to suggest that either of the hosts are gay.  Okay, so they're a little goofy and artsy.  That doesn't necessarily mean that they puff on a big meat sausage every night when they get home.

E-95
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 10:58:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Gay?  I don't know, but they sure must have been geeks in high school.  Chemistry, Physics and Biology classes must have been fun for them.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 11:02:14 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

E-95

Like that matters

E-95

Pole smoking?

I meant what's not to like about the show.  I've seen no evidence to suggest that either of the hosts are gay.  Okay, so they're a little goofy and artsy.  That doesn't necessarily mean that they puff on a big meat sausage every night when they get home.

E-95

Just fucking with ya man . It is a funny show .A lot of neat stuff happens on that show . I could care less if they peter puff or not . If that guy was SF hopefully he was a SEAL. He could at least follow Navy rules then .(Anchors Away,Gay OK.)

I'm going to catch so much shit for that .
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 11:04:00 AM EDT
[#44]
I don't think they're gay, they're just merry.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 2:20:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Any show on Tv today that blows things up like these guys do is OK by me.  I loved the time they tried to blow the stuffed racoon and dummy out of the culvert with C4.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top