Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2004 12:03:16 PM EDT
Do you need to cut and restitch the base garment such as BDUs in any way?  All the instruction ive seen mention nothing about cutting and restitching but someone told me you have to in order for the webbing to properly fit.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 1:23:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out sniper's hide for ghillie info. There are several great threads.

I didn't do any special cutting. I laid my base out on the floor and cut the netting to fit it. For mine, I used a flight suit and cut the arms and legs short. I sewed on knee and elbow pads (foam and hvy canvas). I sewed a camelback bladder pocket into it. I also attached the netting entirely with shoe goo; no sewing. It's held up great - about 40-50hrs of stalking in it. A coupla bits need regluing, but it's hardly noticeable.

I'd change a coupla things: build it inside out so you have internal pockets. I wouldn't put in the camelback pocket; I'd just buy a light CB (mine is one of the bigguns. I would cut out a large chunk of the back a replace it with mosquito netting for ventilation. I met a guy who did that and it was very deluxe.

Also, go with light stuff for your cammy. The prepackaged stuff is nice, but 75% of it is too dark. Even if you're only gonna be in the woods get the tans, browns and pale greens. The darker stuff doesn't blend nearly as well. I ended up adding pounds of 'natural' jute to my suit once I did a coupla stalks.

Link Posted: 5/8/2004 2:33:29 PM EDT
[#2]
First yah gotta catch a ghillie
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top