Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2004 11:15:15 AM EDT
you can now pre-order the entire first seaon of the Vietnam war classic show "tour of Duty" on dvd from amazon.com HERE

This is indeed a great day!
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 11:23:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Cool!  I wonder if it will have the original music score.  I doubt it.  The times I've caught it on TV recently, I've noticed that all the era-specific music was removed.  Probably due to royalties.  Kinda loses something without "Paint it Black".  I've got a bunch of episodes on tape that I recorded way back when.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 11:48:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll pick it up.  The only episode I remember is the one where the guy steps on a landmine and keeps his foot on it the entire show.  Turns out it was a dud or it wasn't a mine.  Not quite sure.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 2:01:53 PM EDT
[#3]
TOUR of DUTY had some interesting episodes and lots of cool firefight scenes with AK's vs. M16's,  the sgt always carried the CAR. One of my favorite episodes is when the sgt. gets captured by the VC.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 2:05:34 PM EDT
[#4]
The only thing I really enjoyed about "Tour of Duty" was the intro song 'Paint it Black.'  The rest mimicked a GI JOE cartoon.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 2:34:47 PM EDT
[#5]
although I taped the whole series a few years ago off TNT this is still cool
I like how most shows are coming out of dvd and not just stuff that was already available on vhs
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 2:41:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Aww, GEEZE I adore that show. I'll definitely get those!

Thanks for the tip! :)
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 2:42:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I was young, and I loved that show!!!
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 2:45:48 PM EDT
[#8]
How many seasons did it run?  I want the episodes where they were attached to MACV-SOG or some such and got the really cool weps & Korean tailored tigers!
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 3:51:01 AM EDT
[#9]
I`m getting it when it comes out. Also the First Season of the A-Team comes out the same day, June 8.

I think July 27 is the release date for the First Season of Sledge Hammer.

"Trust me, I know what I`m doing."
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 3:55:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Almost forgot

GUNGUY1911 Tour of Duty ran for three Seasons. The 1st Season introduced most of the main characters, the 2nd had a lot of storyline and character development, and the 3rd Season was where they were part of MACV-SOG.

IMHO the 1st Season was the best followed by the 3rd Season.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:52:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the heads-up, I loved ToD back in the day.

I've also got the A-Team and Sledge Hammer! DVDs on my "to buy" list.  I have all 98 episodes of the A-Team on VHS (taped from syndication) and several of the commercial SH! VHS tapes.  Maybe it's time to eBay those tapes, eh?

Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:07:07 AM EDT
[#12]
TOD is what got me started in buying guns, that is about the time AK's & SKS's were imported, after seeing the show I had to have one of those cool weapons too! those were the days of the prebans.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 8:01:57 AM EDT
[#13]
And the best part about all those shows....

Dana Delany
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 8:23:49 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Dana Delany

Link Posted: 5/7/2004 9:43:15 AM EDT
[#15]
That show made me run out and buy a XM177 just like the Sarge had. Good show.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 9:48:08 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I was young, and I loved that show!!!

Me too.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 9:49:30 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I`m getting it when it comes out. Also the First Season of the A-Team comes out the same day, June 8.

I think July 27 is the release date for the First Season of Sledge Hammer.

"Trust me, I know what I`m doing."

Oh yeah...I guess by looking at my sig ling you can tell I'm a big fan.  My avatar was the Sledge himself.  Hopefully I can bring him back when avatars are enabled.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 11:24:18 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Dana Delany

I'm drawing a blank on Dana Delany.  However, I think Ann-Marie Martin from Sledge Hammer! would give her a good run for the money.  
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 11:26:05 AM EDT
[#19]

I'll buy one for sure.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 11:48:55 AM EDT
[#20]
wasn't Dana on China Beach and Kim was on Tour of Duty?

Quoted:

Dana Delany

Link Posted: 5/7/2004 12:10:20 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
wasn't Dana on China Beach and Kim was on Tour of Duty?

Quoted:

Dana Delany

You're right. Good catch. It was Kim Delaney. She played "Alex Devlin"
and
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 12:18:53 PM EDT
[#22]
I quit watching Tour of Duty when they tried to make it another China Beach.  Another example of network execs screwing up a perfectly good show.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 1:33:37 PM EDT
[#23]
there were a lot of interesting episodes of TOD, I think Ive seen most of them? but I remember one about a VC sniper that was armed with a Russian SVD Dragonuv, then there was one about an old soldier that had a drinking problem and was an alchoholic, there were so many good stories. Im definitely buying it.

I was dis-appointed when they took it off the air
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 2:25:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Kim Delaney is hot!!

She apparently also likes to drink and drive.  Bummer for her......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top