Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2021 7:59:53 PM EDT
It was slightly older Nissan Altima that looked to have had the shit beat out of it recently. It sounded like the exhaust had rotted off.

What made it sound so crazy was the CVT. When I t came up beside me and I thought for sure I was going to be rear ended by a big rig ripping a Jake Brake with straight pipes. When I realized it was the shitty Nissan I paced it for a few lights just to listen to it. It would rev and then level off (like it is supposed to do) but it was strange because that is just not noise pattern I was expecting to hear from a beater.

I bet some old man 30 years ago complained about those noisy fart-cans on those Jap cars too.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:04:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Two new threads within minutes of each other...

Edgy...
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:10:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Whistle tips

Woo wooooo
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:26:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Two new threads within minutes of each other...

Edgy...
View Quote
And yet here you are.

Edgy...
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:29:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:32:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Whistle tips - Oakland News
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:12:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a ‘19 Subaru Impreza Hatch. Had it about 6 months and purchased a Nameless Performance axle-back muffler delete.
I know the sound you’re referring to. When I come to a hard stop, it’ll rev-hang. When I accelerate, it’ll rev loud from a stop, and then level off. Truth be told, I sort of hate it. Had I bought the 5 speed like I should have, it would sound very good.

I hate the CVT all around. It does some really weird shit in the cold weather. It’s like it won’t give me full power even after the engine is at operating temp. It takes a few miles before it comes around.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:22:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Whistle tips

Woo wooooo
View Quote

Fleshlight over the tail pipe.......
There's video out there.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:37:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Fleshlight over the tail pipe.......
There's video out there.
View Quote

I knew that girl back in the day lmao
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:59:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have a '19 Subaru Impreza Hatch. Had it about 6 months and purchased a Nameless Performance axle-back muffler delete.
I know the sound you're referring to. When I come to a hard stop, it'll rev-hang. When I accelerate, it'll rev loud from a stop, and then level off. Truth be told, I sort of hate it. Had I bought the 5 speed like I should have, it would sound very good.

I hate the CVT all around. It does some really weird shit in the cold weather. It's like it won't give me full power even after the engine is at operating temp. It takes a few miles before it comes around.
View Quote
My wife's 2020 Nissan Rogue won't "shift" when cold.  She also had a 2015 that acted similar.  I used to have a 2011 Altima.  CVTs are not ideal for serious drivers but for your average retard fare quite well.  What bothered me the most was how you had NO accelerating power immediately after slamming on the brakes, because the gear ratio was all off for the change in RPMs.  Could be dangerous in certain rare circumstances.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:00:47 PM EDT
[#10]
In before

Putting a flesh light on a car exhaust
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:01:42 PM EDT
[#11]
lololololol lololololol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top