Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2004 11:23:25 AM EDT
Does anyone know of a good freeware program that will rip audio CD's into MP3 format? I'm currently using Windows Media Player and it will only copy from CD's into some type of Windoze proprietary format.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 11:25:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I use Easy CD Ripper.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 11:28:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I use dbpowerAMP music converter.

It will rip a CD to Mp3,Wav, and WMA at various rates, and convert between each one.

dbpoweramp

It's very fast too.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 11:33:11 AM EDT
[#3]
You _can_ convert from wma to mp3, but I wouldn't bother. The sound quality of wma files is just way too low to begin with.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 1:19:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 4:16:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Does anyone know of a good freeware program that will rip audio CD's into MP3 format? I'm currently using Windows Media Player and it will only copy from CD's into some type of Windoze proprietary format.

I'll get back to you but it's possible with media player to go from a cd to MP3. I got to check when I get home exactly which menu it is under. I just found it a couple days ago.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 4:22:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll get back to you but it's possible with media player to go from a cd to MP3. I got to check when I get home exactly which menu it is under. I just found it a couple days ago.

Windows Mediaplayer needs a special software plug-in to be able to convert CDs to anything other than .wma. Contact me.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 4:22:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 4:36:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Windows Mediaplayer needs a special software plug-in to be able to convert CDs to anything other than .wma. Contact me.

Not the version I got. It was in the settings or in the preferances area. It gave me options for a shitload of different audio files I could copy CDs to.

like I said I'll check it when I get home.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 4:40:29 AM EDT
[#9]
heck yeah, use MMJB. Easy as....well, pie!

ETA...MusicMatch Jukebox, you can even tell it what bit rate you want it recorded in so if you are wanting to save space you can make then very small, if you want good quality, you can do that too.

Nothing much easier, honest.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:10:03 AM EDT
[#10]
CDex

And why would you want to use MP3 coding? Get something that will play Ogg Vorbis files. These will have smaller file size for the same sound quality, or better sound quality for the same file size. Or you can get something that will play FLAC files for true lossless compression (allowing you to compress and then uncompress files without any loss of fidelity).
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:18:23 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
CDex

And why would you want to use MP3 coding? Get something that will play Ogg Vorbis files.

Because there aren't too many car radios out there yet that play ogg format files.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:21:44 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The best is AudioGrabber coupled with the LAME encoder.

You'll have to do a bit of setup to get your filenames and tags exactly like you want them, but after that, it's a piece of cake.

-Troy

Replace your ripper with exact audio copy:
www.exactaudiocopy.de/ and I'll agree.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:49:18 AM EDT
[#13]
MusicMatch Jukebox.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top